Legolas (no bow) vs Oberyn and the Mountain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nibedicus
Legolas with his twin blades (no bow) in a trial by combat scenario.

Vs

Oberyn
The Mountain (non-zombie)

There is no vendetta between the Viper and Mountain so they will have no qualms about fighting together.

Both sides are also given a month to train. That mean Oberyn and the Mountain will get familiar with each of their fighting styles.

Both sides are shown how the other fights, so they will each know what to expect.

Fight in the same arena where Oberyn got his migraine.

KingD19
Legolas is still a super fast and super strong elf shown by his acrobatics and bullet timing in Hobbit. He's faster than Oberyn by a good deal, and stronger than Mountain. Plus he's savage enough to kill both of them without hesitaiton.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by KingD19
Legolas is still a super fast and super strong elf shown by his acrobatics and bullet timing in Hobbit. He's faster than Oberyn by a good deal, and stronger than Mountain. Plus he's savage enough to kill both of them without hesitaiton.

This.

Oberin is quite slick and nimble for a human, and the mountain is near Numenorian in proportions and maybe even direct strength. But Legolas, and most trained Elven soldiers for that matter, are legitimate superhuman in every conceivable category. He exceeds both of these men in their respective categories but both in the same package.

FrothByte
As far as fight choreography go, GoT is near the bottom of the list, alongside the likes of the TDK trilogy. And because of such, they will always have a hard time winning mvf threads.

Especially in a scenario where they're fighting the super elf named Legolas. Had Legolas been limited to only his LOTR feats then the duo might have a chance. But with the Hobbit feats thrown in there... Legolas completely stomps the duo.

relentless1
legolas steamrolls

elerem
when did legolas display superstrength? just curious as i dont remember any feats in strength for him

NemeBro
Originally posted by elerem
when did legolas display superstrength? just curious as i dont remember any feats in strength for him His fist fight with Azog's son for example.

steverules_2
bullet timing in Hobbit.

There were guns in the hobbit??

KingD19
Originally posted by steverules_2
There were guns in the hobbit??

No, but Legolas was fast enough that he could see the world in slow motion, like when he pranced on individual falling stones to escape the bridge collapse.

John Murdoch
Legolas rolls right over the Mountain and the Viper.

Legit physics defying feats for the elf prince vs slow as Methuselah fight choreography for the throners.

Rebel95
Legolas would undoubtedly beat either of them one on one, but it'd be a tough fight for him taking them both on at the same time.

StiltmanFTW
and stronger than Mountain.

Are you high?

Based on what, exactly?

FrothByte
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Are you high?

Based on what, exactly?

Based on him being able to go toe to toe with Bolg and even throw Bolg around somewhat.

StiltmanFTW
Sigh.

Boromir and Aragorn pulled Cave Troll away from others a bit. How mighty of them, Class 50 easily.

quanchi112
I don't see Legolas as strong as Gregor but I do believe his skill and agility is on another level than Gregor's. Legolas is durable enough to withstand his attacks as well. Gregor is sloppy and slow as sin. Very exploitable deficiencies.

nfactor1995
Legolas wins

FrothByte
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Sigh.

Boromir and Aragorn pulled Cave Troll away from others a bit. How mighty of them, Class 50 easily.

Legolas didn't just "pull Bolg for a bit" though. He fought him toe to toe, traded hits and wrestled with him evenly. Legolas threw Bolg around as easily as Bolg was throwing Legolas around. Considering the size difference between the two, that's some pretty high-end strength feats for the elf that Gregor does not have.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by FrothByte
Legolas didn't just "pull Bolg for a bit" though. He fought him toe to toe, traded hits and wrestled with him evenly. Legolas threw Bolg around as easily as Bolg was throwing Legolas around. Considering the size difference between the two, that's some pretty high-end strength feats for the elf that Gregor does not have.

Exactly. Imagine if Oberyn and Gregor start fighting, and Oberyn is wrestling with the Mountain, throwing him around, and rocking him with a superman punch thrown in for good measure. That's how the fight in Desolation of Smaug in Laketown went with Legolas (much quicker, smaller fighter) equaling strength with Bolg (big, Shaq Diesel-sized brute).

Josh_Alexander
This is a Tie for sure!

Legolas is fast..but Mountain can hold him enough for Oberyn to pierce him....

The poison will end with him IF the team doesnt kill him before!

I say it is a tie.

KingD19
Prove Mountain's big slow ass can even touch the most OP elf in LotR after Elrond.

Nibedicus
Prove Mountain's big slow ass can even touch the most OP elf in LotR after Elrond.

Galadriel > Elrond

uhuh

Sable
Originally posted by FrothByte

Another complete lie

Josh_Alexander

Bigger arms bigger swords..Legolas WOULD HAVE TO close distance. Once he does, he will have to block sword strikes. One sword strike from the mountain and those blades either break or his swords get tossed.

Saying legolas will dance away freely would be MERE FANATICISM!

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Bigger arms bigger swords..Legolas WOULD HAVE TO close distance. Once he does, he will have to block sword strikes. One sword strike from the mountain and those blades either break or his swords get tossed.

Saying legolas will dance away freely would be MERE FANATICISM!

You know, you have some strange thing for Game of thrones. Oberyn gets to dance away from Azog, but LEGOLAS can't do the same with Gregor?!

What the actual hell dude?

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
You know, you have some strange thing for Game of thrones. Oberyn gets to dance away from Azog, but LEGOLAS can't do the same with Gregor?!

What the actual hell dude?

I have no strange thing for nothing. I support the side with most probability.

I dont see a winner on either side! I declared it a tie.

Oberyn will harm Legolas! Oberyn and Mountain make he perfect balance of speed and fortitude! Add to that poison and you have a dead elf!

The only reason i declared it a tie is because i like Legolas! I will let my fanaticism sink in a bit.

Legolas is among my favorite LoTR characters but i cant be unfair. wink

Darkstorm Zero
I have no strange thing for nothing. I support the side with most probability.

I dont see a winner on either side! I declared it a tie.

Oberyn will harm Legolas! Oberyn and Mountain make he perfect balance of speed and fortitude! Add to that poison and you have a dead elf!

The only reason i declared it a tie is because i like Legolas! I will let my fanaticism sink in a bit.

Legolas is among my favorite LoTR characters but i cant be unfair. wink

The thing is, legolas has the speed, agility, strength, and fortitude, not to mention at least centuries of fighting experience, over the both of them, by a LOT.

Neither of them coult take on a cave trol, or a Mordor troll. Legolas can, and has. None of them could do what he did at helms Deep, or the feat with the Mumakil. Legolas can and has.

I want you to actually examine the show for me, and find every feat both Oberyn and pre zombie Gregor has onscreen. You'll learn just how little they have demonstrably shown. Gregor's BEST feat came from nearly hacking a horses head off. And Oberyn has even less showings than Gregor does. THIS is why you are getting beaten back by a lot of people in these threads, you have a lot of reliance on word of mouth, and little actual demonstrated substance onscreen.

Josh_Alexander
The thing is, legolas has the speed, agility, strength, and fortitude, not to mention at least centuries of fighting experience, over the both of them, by a LOT.

Neither of them coult take on a cave trol, or a Mordor troll. Legolas can, and has. None of them could do what he did at helms Deep, or the feat with the Mumakil. Legolas can and has.

I want you to actually examine the show for me, and find every feat both Oberyn and pre zombie Gregor has onscreen. You'll learn just how little they have demonstrably shown. Gregor's BEST feat came from nearly hacking a horses head off. And Oberyn has even less showings than Gregor does. THIS is why you are getting beaten back by a lot of people in these threads, you have a lot of reliance on word of mouth, and little actual demonstrated substance onscreen.

Experience and knowledge on how to fight stupid orcs and Trolls!

He isnt fighting stupid beasts here! You realize that right!?

I cant give you that! How do you expect the show to spend money on secondary characters!? Nevertheless their history makes them formidable!

Am not being beaten by no one! The simple reason of you guys avoiding reason and logic is why your points are so fragile.

Legolas doesnt win this. Nor does the team.

This ends up in carnage!

Darkstorm Zero
Experience and knowledge on how to fight stupid orcs and Trolls!

He isnt fighting stupid beasts here! You realize that right!?

I cant give you that! How do you expect the show to spend money on secondary characters!? Nevertheless their history makes them formidable!

Am not being beaten by no one! The simple reason of you guys avoiding reason and logic is why your points are so fragile.

Legolas doesnt win this. Nor does the team.

This ends up in carnage!

Oh they are quantifiably stupid now are they?

Azog and Gothmog are both strategic and tactical commanders, one of whom managed to outmaneuver Gondorian soldiers, and oust them from Osgiliath, and every outpost they had along the Anduin river. The other managed to outmaneuver 3 other armies on his own planning as Sauron had retreated back to Mordor. So you see, when you refer to stupid creatures, you talk bollocks and you should feel ashamed.

Their history is all nice and that, but it's not quantifiable, soooo....
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/774/489/829.jpg

Except every single point I've raised is backed by movie scenes. You simply refuse to accept that and you call MY points unreasonable? Please dude, pull the other leg.

omgchos
Yeah legolas was turned into superman in the movies, lol. He can apparently move vertically by using falling rocks (figure that one out). Hes got the agility of 10 oberyns. And therefore i dont think either of them could touch him.

Josh_Alexander
Oh they are quantifiably stupid now are they?

Azog and Gothmog are both strategic and tactical commanders, one of whom managed to outmaneuver Gondorian soldiers, and oust them from Osgiliath, and every outpost they had along the Anduin river. The other managed to outmaneuver 3 other armies on his own planning as Sauron had retreated back to Mordor. So you see, when you refer to stupid creatures, you talk bollocks and you should feel ashamed.

Their history is all nice and that, but it's not quantifiable, soooo....
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/774/489/829.jpg

Except every single point I've raised is backed by movie scenes. You simply refuse to accept that and you call MY points unreasonable? Please dude, pull the other leg.

Sometimes it feels like debating with you is like debating with Quanchi! You two are made of the same wood! Or are you the same persons!? hmmm....

Either way, folly and stupidity can't be argued.

Die happy supporting your idols.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by omgchos
Yeah legolas was turned into superman in the movies, lol. He can apparently move vertically by using falling rocks (figure that one out). Hes got the agility of 10 oberyns. And therefore i dont think either of them could touch him.

He is fast, and he is good.

But....idk, i have never seen him engaging another good fighter besides orcs..and in most cases he uses his arrows so...I am not that confident as to support him.

I love Legolas, but i am aware that Oberyn is not a fool. I believe he will find a way....

The moment Legolas gets cut...Venom will work and well...I bet for a tie.

The safest bet for me here is a tie. I love Legolas but i can't go against reason and say he will fight the same way against two good warriors the way he fights stupid poor skilled orcs and trolls...

omgchos
He is fast, and he is good.

But....idk, i have never seen him engaging another good fighter besides orcs..and in most cases he uses his arrows so...I am not that confident as to support him.

I love Legolas, but i am aware that Oberyn is not a fool. I believe he will find a way....

The moment Legolas gets cut...Venom will work and well...I bet for a tie.

The safest bet for me here is a tie. I love Legolas but i can't go against reason and say he will fight the same way against two good warriors the way he fights stupid poor skilled orcs and trolls...

The main problem here is that Oberyn only ever fought the mountain, who he was toying with, but still not doing super spectacularly against. He got pegged a couple times. Admittedly not with gregors sword. But Lego Lass has so much more on screen feats. Even with just his little daggers or that time he used orcrist against bolg. Bolg was no slouch as far as i could tell. Im with you on the poison angle. I just dont think legolas ever actually got cut in the movies. His dodge rating is epic.

Josh_Alexander
The main problem here is that Oberyn only ever fought the mountain, who he was toying with, but still not doing super spectacularly against. He got pegged a couple times. Admittedly not with gregors sword. But Lego Lass has so much more on screen feats. Even with just his little daggers or that time he used orcrist against bolg. Bolg was no slouch as far as i could tell. Im with you on the poison angle. I just dont think legolas ever actually got cut in the movies. His dodge rating is epic.

I have this problem with the movie versus forum rulesnyou know.

When you face main characters vs secondary ones it is NOT FAIR.

Cause people judge what is seen on screen, and secondary characters dont get that much.

For instance, Oberyn has fought Several persons in the books, and is considered amongst the best fighters in the realm...however we only get on scene on the shows in where he gets killed and then everyone assumes he is a bad fighter.

The thing is that Oberyn was in a vendetta against the Mountain, he wasnt fighting clearly. In this case he is.

So i still think Oberyn has a chance against Legolas. I still believe though that Legolas >Oberyn

But Oberyn & Mountain = Legolas.

omgchos
I have this problem with the movie versus forum rulesnyou know.

When you face main characters vs secondary ones it is NOT FAIR.

Cause people judge what is seen on screen, and secondary characters dont get that much.

For instance, Oberyn has fought Several persons in the books, and is considered amongst the best fighters in the realm...however we only get on scene on the shows in where he gets killed and then everyone assumes he is a bad fighter.

The thing is that Oberyn was in a vendetta against the Mountain, he wasnt fighting clearly. In this case he is.

So i still think Oberyn has a chance against Legolas. I still believe though that Legolas >Oberyn

But Oberyn & Mountain = Legolas.

Believe me i know, adn we do get some characters referencing this eve in the show, more so in the books. And its the opposite with legolas. The movies beefed him up like crazy. Its part of the reason i hate the hobbit movies, lol. I admit oberyn has a chance, i just dont think a very good one. Funny thing as well is that in the books he had armor. Or at least more of it. He even used a shield, lol.

Josh_Alexander
Believe me i know, adn we do get some characters referencing this eve in the show, more so in the books. And its the opposite with legolas. The movies beefed him up like crazy. Its part of the reason i hate the hobbit movies, lol. I admit oberyn has a chance, i just dont think a very good one. Funny thing as well is that in the books he had armor. Or at least more of it. He even used a shield, lol.

Ik...Perhaps Impediment should make some exceptions for Secondary characters..

Look i am not saying Legolas will get killed in by Oberyn or the Mountain, am saying that the Poison will do the job.

That's why i declared it a tie. Cause as good as Legolas is, he will get a pinch of that lance, and when he does poison will kill him.

I think Legolas should be able to kill both Oberyn and Gregor, but the point am touching is that Oberyn is good enough as to harm Legolas...not kill him, but harm him.

That's my point. That in the end it is dead for both sides.

See what am trying to say?

KingD19
Ik...Perhaps Impediment should make some exceptions for Secondary characters..

Look i am not saying Legolas will get killed in by Oberyn or the Mountain, am saying that the Poison will do the job.

That's why i declared it a tie. Cause as good as Legolas is, he will get a pinch of that lance, and when he does poison will kill him.

I think Legolas should be able to kill both Oberyn and Gregor, but the point am touching is that Oberyn is good enough as to harm Legolas...not kill him, but harm him.

That's my point. That in the end it is dead for both sides.

See what am trying to say?

Impediment shouldn't have to change any of the rules that have been in place forever to accommodate your strangely fetishist love for GoT characters.

But you're wrong.

It took several days for Gregor to be incapacitated by the Manticore venom fully. And he was awake the entire time. Oberyn cut him a multitude of times and he was still fighting. Legolas is an immortal elf with superhuman abilities. Why would it even slow him down when it didn't stop Mountain?

Second. Oberyn would have to actually cut Legolas to poison him. Legolas has killed hundreds of enemies. He killed 41 at Helm's Deep without a scratch. In fact, the only person who actually injured him even slightly was Bolg. And that was during a fist fight when Legolas didn't have any room to dodge. The next fight Bolg couldn't land a single hit.

Third. If by some miracle Legolas is poisoned, you agree Oberyn and Mountain still get murdered by him right? So if they're dead in minutes, he still has at least a few days before the poison gets bad, so he would still win the fight.

eek!

KingD19
nM7byUTrSZA
Start at 17 seconds. This video shows Legolas casually strolling through a group of Orcs, dodging, blocking, and countering every single time they attack him. He's even using his bow and arrow from inches away while actively fighting.

He's not getting touched by the GoT guys, and you're a fanboy to the extreme if you give them the win. Well you are a fanboy to the extreme but yeah. Legolas wins as we see he is very capable with those knives.

Josh_Alexander
Impediment shouldn't have to change any of the rules that have been in place forever to accommodate your strangely fetishist love for GoT characters.

But you're wrong.

It took several days for Gregor to be incapacitated by the Manticore venom fully. And he was awake the entire time. Oberyn cut him a multitude of times and he was still fighting. Legolas is an immortal elf with superhuman abilities. Why would it even slow him down when it didn't stop Mountain?

Second. Oberyn would have to actually cut Legolas to poison him. Legolas has killed hundreds of enemies. He killed 41 at Helm's Deep without a scratch. In fact, the only person who actually injured him even slightly was Bolg. And that was during a fist fight when Legolas didn't have any room to dodge. The next fight Bolg couldn't land a single hit.

Third. If by some miracle Legolas is poisoned, you agree Oberyn and Mountain still get murdered by him right? So if they're dead in minutes, he still has at least a few days before the poison gets bad, so he would still win the fight.

eek!

Lol, where did you come from?

Did i say it was to accomodate me!? I don't need the rule to accomodate me in order to know this is a certain tie! Oberyn will pinch him, but he and Gregor could give a better fight without that stupid rule.

Rules can be changed!

And for your information Newbie, Oberyn tampered the venom in order to make it last longer. Manticore poison is a fast venom. Oberyn modified it to last longer so he could get Gregor to confess.

So no, Legolas dies. And if the Mountain got affected by the venom, surely Legolas will. The poison gave the mountain severe pain, which made him fight awkwardly. In this case Oberyn could use a fast venom.

One way or the next i still see a tie.

Darkstorm Zero
Sometimes it feels like debating with you is like debating with Quanchi! You two are made of the same wood! Or are you the same persons!? hmmm....

Either way, folly and stupidity can't be argued.

Die happy supporting your idols.

So, you can't argue my points, yet you don't have the integrity to admit it and instead resort to insults... Excellent. I believe this means I don't have toworry about anything you say at all now.

Josh_Alexander
So, you can't argue my points, yet you don't have the integrity to admit it and instead resort to insults... Excellent. I believe this means I don't have toworry about anything you say at all now.

Make no mistake, the only one insulting here is you. Don't get angry if i don't respond back.

I have given you strong points, that you can't cope with them that is no longer my issue.

Josh_Alexander
nM7byUTrSZA
Start at 17 seconds. This video shows Legolas casually strolling through a group of Orcs, dodging, blocking, and countering every single time they attack him. He's even using his bow and arrow from inches away while actively fighting.

He's not getting touched by the GoT guys, and you're a fanboy to the extreme if you give them the win. Well you are a fanboy to the extreme but yeah. Legolas wins as we see he is very capable with those knives.

First of all he has no bow.

Secondly, Stupid orcs with poor fighting skills and no proper armor don't give Legolas a nice record LoTR fanboy.

I gave myself the bother of looking at your video. He used sword, but relied on his Bow several times. This means he is more of a bowman than a swordsman.

He won't be as excellent with sword as with bow.

If i was a fanboy i would give Oberyn and Moutain a win. However i know Legolas would DEFINETLY WIN against them should Oberyn have no Venom.

But since he does, that changes the panorama.

But since you are another LoTR Fanboy, you just don't think clearly. Don'w worry, i have experience with guys like you wink wink wink

Darkstorm Zero
Make no mistake, the only one insulting here is you. Don't get angry if i don't respond back.

I have given you strong points, that you can't cope with them that is no longer my issue.

I never insulted you. You went ahead, put words in my mouth, and misinterpreted what I said to such a degree as to completely warp it, thus you insulted me directly, and you got pissy because I said I cannot take you seriously after that. So nope, don't try that shit again and pin the blame on me.

If your points had any strength of proof at all I wouldn't be arguing with you. Fact is, every point you've ever had on this or any forum has been made of fiberglass and balanced on a f**king egg. And every one you've ever had, broke like a rotten egg thus far.

Josh_Alexander
Impediment shouldn't have to change any of the rules

Guess what FANBOY!! I went and did some research!!!!!!!

Impediment:

Impediment has to change nothing, the rule is clear. That means that as long as it doesn't CONTRADICT what is seen on screen then IT DOESN'T BREAK ANY RULE!

HAHAHAHAHA! So i guess after all, Oberyn does get his background history!!

So FANBOY, would you do us all a favor and let the man have a proper conversation. (by that i mean don't interupt to bring stupidity)

Josh_Alexander
I never insulted you. You went ahead, put words in my mouth, and misinterpreted what I said to such a degree as to completely warp it, thus you insulted me directly, and you got pissy because I said I cannot take you seriously after that. So nope, don't try that shit again and pin the blame on me.

If your points had any strength of proof at all I wouldn't be arguing with you. Fact is, every point you've ever had on this or any forum has been made of fiberglass and balanced on a f**king egg. And every one you've ever had, broke like a rotten egg thus far.

You did. I clearly insulted me.

A direct insult? Lol, sorry if you have misinterpreted me, but i haven't insulted you.

I haven't put words in your mouth, i clearly quoted what you said.

Again, you did insult me, if you "think" i insulted you then i offer you an apology.

Darkstorm Zero
You did. I clearly insulted me.

A direct insult? Lol, sorry if you have misinterpreted me, but i haven't insulted you.

I haven't put words in your mouth, i clearly quoted what you said.

Again, you did insult me, if you "think" i insulted you then i offer you an apology.

You.... insulted... yourself? Did I read that right?

I believe the words you attributed to me were "The Orcs are the best evarz!" or something to to that effect, which was bullshit as I never said that, so yes, you just lied again.

And you did, by putting words in my mouth I never said, and failing to read or counter a single thing I said or provided evidence for.

TheVaultDweller
Guess what FANBOY!! I went and did some research!!!!!!!

Impediment:

Impediment has to change nothing, the rule is clear. That means that as long as it doesn't CONTRADICT what is seen on screen then IT DOESN'T BREAK ANY RULE!

HAHAHAHAHA! So i guess after all, Oberyn does get his background history!!

So FANBOY, would you do us all a favor and let the man have a proper conversation. (by that i mean don't interupt to bring stupidity)

You know, you really should make sure you understand these rules before adopting this kind of attitude towards other posters. The MvF contradiction rule applies when a character has also appeared in other visual media (such as TV shows) and have feats that contradict what is shown in their movie appearances. Books/novelisations etc. are not canon in the MvF. Imp made a very specific post about this not too long ago. Hell, even direct tie-in comics (like the MCU and Clone Wars tie-in comics, which are officially canon) aren't usable in MvF anymore.

If you don't want to accept my word for it, ask Imp yourself. He will tell you that books are not usable in MvF. Not for GoT, or anything else for that matter.

Josh_Alexander
You.... insulted... yourself? Did I read that right?

I believe the words you attributed to me were "The Orcs are the best evarz!" or something to to that effect, which was bullshit as I never said that, so yes, you just lied again.

And you did, by putting words in my mouth I never said, and failing to read or counter a single thing I said or provided evidence for.

You did. I miss type it sorry.

It was angeneral example. It was just an example of how your reply looks and what you should avoid doing. I gave you your actual words later on. So that isnt an insult. At least not to my eyes.

It was an example. Now, i cant say the same about your actual words.

You directly insulted me. That is certain.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
You know, you really should make sure you understand these rules before adopting this kind of attitude towards other posters. The MvF contradiction rule applies when a character has also appeared in other visual media (such as TV shows) and have feats that contradict what is shown in their movie appearances. Books/novelisations etc. are not canon in the MvF. Imp made a very specific post about this not too long ago. Hell, even direct tie-in comics (like the MCU and Clone Wars tie-in comics, which are officially canon) aren't usable in MvF anymore.

If you don't want to accept my word for it, ask Imp yourself. He will tell you that books are not usable in MvF. Not for GoT, or anything else for that matter.

No. The rule says that if the abilities on the book contradict those on the screen, then it isnt valid.

The rule is plain and simple, otherwise Impediment has to fix the words in it.

I dont see an issue with a character having a background history that doesnt contradict that on screen to be illegal.

In my opinion well.

Darkstorm Zero
You did. I miss type it sorry.

It was angeneral example. It was just an example of how your reply looks and what you should avoid doing. I gave you your actual words later on. So that isnt an insult. At least not to my eyes.

It was an example. Now, i cant say the same about your actual words.

You directly insulted me. That is certain.

Except it wasn't an example of anything I said ever. You also confuse me and Quan... Which is nothing less than an insult. Quan and I are very different. And he and I have had wars for YEARS. You insult me by not replying to my points, and instead repeat yourself ad nauseum, that IS insulting. Calling me a fanatic is INSULTING. Misquoting my words is INSULTING. You are 18, and you have been here for a year, there is no excuse for your behaviors.

You can't even quote me directly calling you anything with malicious intent. You say things, but like everything, you don't provide citation. The only times you've provided quotes so far out of context that it is warped beyond belief.

No more. I don't have to justify myself to you any further than that. I gave you all the chances you ever could need, and my patience for your babies first steps at debating reasonably is not infinite.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/1212fdb41d05833de62cccc918971d48/tumblr_mu4qrnbw5f1s9g4wuo1_500.gif

TheVaultDweller
No. The rule says that if the abilities on the book contradict those on the screen, then it isnt valid.

The rule is plain and simple, otherwise Impediment has to fix the words in it.

I dont see an issue with a character having a background history that doesnt contradict that on screen to be illegal.

In my opinion well.

No, the rules are perfectly clear, as all the other posters in the MvF are perfectly aware of how things work. This is MvF. If you want to have discussions that also include the books, we have Foreign Cinema for that. The rule you literally quoted had "movie feats only" in caps at the end.

What you have or don't have issues with is irrelevant. Again, don't take my word for it. We can ask someone to get Imp in here and you can ask him yourself. But he will tell you what everyone else has already. Feats from the books are not usable for debates in this subforum.

Josh_Alexander
Except it wasn't an example of anything I said ever. You also confuse me and Quan... Which is nothing less than an insult. Quan and I are very different. And he and I have had wars for YEARS. You insult me by not replying to my points, and instead repeat yourself ad nauseum, that IS insulting. Calling me a fanatic is INSULTING. Misquoting my words is INSULTING. You are 18, and you have been here for a year, there is no excuse for your behaviors.

You can't even quote me directly calling you anything with malicious intent. You say things, but like everything, you don't provide citation. The only times you've provided quotes so far out of context that it is warped beyond belief.

No more. I don't have to justify myself to you any further than that. I gave you all the chances you ever could need, and my patience for your babies first steps at debating reasonably is not infinite.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/1212fdb41d05833de62cccc918971d48/tumblr_mu4qrnbw5f1s9g4wuo1_500.gif

Do you realize that you are just swimming deeper into the dung right?

An example of something you clearly said in other words. Do you want me to quote you again?

I insult you by saying you are similar to Quanchi!? Now you are insulting Quanchi, as if bring similar to him is something bad. You know what, i regret my words, at least Quanchi isnt an abusive guy.

Sorry little flower, if your points arent strong enough to cope against mine.

I dont give a shit about your record. Nor does it make you a better person. All the contrary, so much years in debate and you still behave like a newbie? You should be ashamed!

Does age even matter here? Lets say am 18, does that matter? Does that make a difference? If you are older than me, which i think you are, IT SHOULD BE YOU giving the example here, not behaving like a child cursing and insulting you. SHAME ON YOU!

I dont provide citation! Give me an instance and ill give you your damn citation!

I considered you a formal mature debater, i realize you are just another abusive childish debater who takes things personal and decides to curse and insult when hr is frustrated!

I apologize if you ever felt insulted! At least i got the balls to say sorry!

So many years in debates and you behave like that!? Should be ashamed.

Darkstorm Zero
Do you realize that you are just swimming deeper into the dung right?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a2/80/73/a28073371af669fa22ae7d30433c862e.jpg

An example of something you clearly said in other words. Do you want me to quote you again?

Please do. You've already been exposed several times as a person who does not tell the truth. Nibectus and I both exposed you for that.

I insult you by saying you are similar to Quanchi!? Now you are insulting Quanchi, as if bring similar to him is something bad. You know what, i regret my words, at least Quanchi isnt an abusive guy.

No, Quan would say the same thing I am. As in we are two very different people, AND I don't often find myself agreeing with his opinion. Have a look at the dozen or so Khan threads for example, or the dozen or so Voldemort threads. Or any Azog thread before you appeared. But you won't, because you are more interested in holding a grudge and being obstinant with me instead of learning things.

Sorry little flower, if your points arent strong enough to cope against mine.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/a2/80/73/a28073371af669fa22ae7d30433c862e.jpg

I dont give a shit about your record. Nor does it make you a better person. All the contrary, so much years in debate and you still behave like a newbie? You should be ashamed!

And I could not give a thimble full of liquid shit about your opinions and how much you think either glossing over pertinent facts, or outright ignoring arguments will get you in these debates, because as I said, thus far, you have not shown any reasonable sound judgement, you havn't demonstrated workable logic that cannot be torn to absolute pieces, and you have not once ever shown evidence that you havn't butchered in a blender to suit yourself.

Does age even matter here? Lets say am 18, does that matter? Does that make a difference? If you are older than me, which i think you are, IT SHOULD BE YOU giving the example here, not behaving like a child cursing and insulting you. SHAME ON YOU!

Except I'm not. You got caught out lying and failing to answer points. I'm not insulting you by telling you the truth. Unless you really are delicate and sensitive to being told you are wrong, in which case I cannot help you.

I dont provide citation! Give me an instance and ill give you your damn citation!

Oh I dunno, hows about every single point you've ever tried to raise? Hows about every point of others you've conveniently ignored?

Lets start with some of the latest ones, for simplicities sake, Oberyn's poisons. You claimed he would use something other than what he has been shown to use, and that he has cupboards and wardrobes full of different poisons. You never cited any evidence of these and merely went with the broken logic that you THINK he would do it.

Here's the problem. "Maybes, mights, I thinks..." are not evidence. That would not fly in any legitimate debate. You handing advantages not demonstrated would never ever fly. We are dealing with hypothetical matchups, but we try to bring as much evidence of capability as we can, and that requires demonstrated feats and abilities, not ones we attribute out of personal gratification. When I say Legolas has the speed skill strength and experience edges over the team of The Mountain the Hound and Jaime, I say this with the citation that Legolas is in fact at least 5000 years old, and has not only bullet timed up a collapsing bridge, he's fought off waves of orcs solo, has tangled with trolls which are literal giants, he brought down a Mumakil alone.... these are feats no human in Game of thrones can match. Not even Baristan the Bold could match that. And I've read the extended books, so I know the history and lore of both series.

I considered you a formal mature debater, i realize you are just another abusive childish debater who takes things personal and decides to curse and insult when hr is frustrated!

No, I just get frustrated after 2 weeks of circular logic from you, and I realized you have learned nothing. I would suggest you do not return to Spacebattles at all, because bad faith debating like you espouse is punished by the rules there, which are rigorously enforced. If I cannot take you seriously anymore, then I am at least going to take as much of the piss as I can, because watching you do an 18 vehicle pileup on a railway is going to swiftly become tragic.

I apologize if you ever felt insulted! At least i got the balls to say sorry!

The problem there is, your apology is not genuine as it implies that you are still correct in what you do.

So many years in debates and you behave like that!? Should be ashamed.

So says the guy who still can't string together 2 complete sentences, nevermind form a coherent argument.

I am trying.... Real hard.... to help here. You do not make it easy when you suddenly turn on me, ignore my points, and completely misinterpret my words to better suit yourself. But go ahead, call me a fanatic or a terrorist or whatever it is you think I am. I, and EVERY other veteran of these boards have had enough, and most will likely either simply ignore you, or perhaps will treat you as the class clown who drinks the cool-aid out of a jesters boot. In either case, I warned you this would happen, and you would not listen.

Josh_Alexander

Please do. You've already been exposed several times as a person who does not tell the truth. Nibectus and I both exposed you for that.

No, Quan would say the same thing I am. As in we are two very different people, AND I don't often find myself agreeing with his opinion. Have a look at the dozen or so Khan threads for example, or the dozen or so Voldemort threads. Oj8r any Azog thread before you appeared. But you won't, because you are more interested in holding a grudge and being obstinant with me instead of learning things.

And I could not give a thimble full of liquid shit about your opinions and how much you think either glossing over pertinent facts, or outright ignoring arguments will get you in these debates, because as I said, thus far, you have not shown any reasonable sound judgement, you havn't demonstrated workable logic that cannot be torn to absolute pieces, and you have not once ever shown evidence that you havn't butchered in a blender to suit yourself.

Except I'm not. You got caught out lying and failing to answer points. I'm not insulting you by telling you the truth. Unless you really are delicate and sensitive to being told you are wrong, in which case I cannot help you.

Oh I dunno, hows about every single point you've ever tried to raise? Hows about every point of others you've conveniently ignored?

Lets start with some of the latest ones, for simplicities sake, Oberyn's poisons. You claimed he would use something other than what he has been shown to use, and that he has cupboards and wardrobes full of different poisons. You never cited any evidence of these and merely went with the broken logic that you THINK he would do it.

Here's the problem. "Maybes, mights, I thinks..." are not evidence. That would not fly in any legitimate debate. You handing advantages not demonstrated would never ever fly. We are dealing with hypothetical matchups, but we try to bring as much evidence of capability as we can, and that requires demonstrated feats and abilities, not ones we attribute out of personal gratification. When I say Legolas has the speed skill strength and experience edges over the team of The Mountain the Hound and Jaime, I say this with the citation that Legolas is in fact at least 5000 years old, and has not only bullet timed up a collapsing bridge, he's fought off waves of orcs solo, has tangled with trolls which are literal giants, he brought down a Mumakil alone.... these are feats no human in Game of thrones can match. Not even Baristan the Bold could match that. And I've read the extended books, so I know the history and lore of both series.

No, I just get frustrated after 2 weeks of circular logic from you, and I realized you have learned nothing. I would suggest you do not return to Spacebattles at all, because bad faith debating like you espouse is punished by the rules there, which are rigorously enforced. If I cannot take you seriously anymore, then I am at least going to take as much of the piss as iI can, because watching you do an 18 vehicle pileup on a railway is going to swiftly become tragic.

The problem there is, your apology is not genuine as it implies that you are still correct in what you do.

So says the guy who still can't string together 2 complete sentences, nevermind form a coherent argument.

I am trying.... Real hard.... to help here. You do not make it easy when you suddenly turn on me, ignore my points, and completely misinterpret my words to better suit yourself. But go ahead, call me a fanatic or a terrorist or whatever it is you think I am. I, and EVERY other veteran of these boards have had enough, and most will likely either simply ignore you, or perhaps will treat you as the class clown who drinks the cool-aid out of a jesters boot. In either case, I warned you this would happen, and you would not listen.

The samething can be said about yours.

Am not even gonna read the rest of your reply. Youve lost my interest. You are clearly just another abusive discusser. I dont waste my time with such.

The only thing am gonna tell you is am sorry if you felt offended. And if you feel like any of my claims isnt proven, tell me which and i will gove you the evidence. I always have back up for what i say, that i dont give it is different. I just dont see the need of doing so unless asked for it.

KingD19
He doesn't feel like any of what you said has been proven. Because you've proven nothing, ignored rules, and just made stuff up constantly.

Josh_Alexander
He doesn't feel like any of what you said has been proven. Because you've proven nothing, ignored rules, and just made stuff up constantly.

Have you read?

Like what? Give me an example and i shall give you my evidence.

Relax, are you sure you are reading carefully?

Darkstorm Zero
The samething can be said about yours.

Am not even gonna read the rest of your reply. Youve lost my interest. You are clearly just another abusive discusser. I dont waste my time with such.

The only thing am gonna tell you is am sorry if you felt offended. And if you feel like any of my claims isnt proven, tell me which and i will gove you the evidence. I always have back up for what i say, that i dont give it is different. I just dont see the need of doing so unless asked for it.

THERE, Right there is your issue. I GAVE YOU an example, but you are more interested in fobbing off replies and trying to force me into a repeat cycle. If you won't read, then LEAVE and do not return.

Josh_Alexander
THERE, Right there is your issue. I GAVE YOU an example, but you are more interested in fobbing off replied and trying to force me into a repeat cycle. If you won't read, then LEAVE and do not return.

Is just that everything youve said of lately is mere stupidity and cursing. As i say, i dont waste my time on dicks.

I didnt read. I see, let me go for ky evidence, give me a sec.

Darkstorm Zero
Is just that everything youve said of lately is mere stupidity and cursing. As i say, i dont waste my time on dicks.

I didnt read. I see, let me go for ky evidence, give me a sec.

Nothing I said was stupid, and the only cursing I did was against your arguments, not YOU the person. If you can't handle the criticisms of your points then why are you here?

Josh_Alexander

Minute 6:52.
https://youtu.be/fu3wR0LhcDo

Guess what, after all the show does follow the books!

Tywin Lannister confirms Oberyn's history. It is clearly stated that Oberyn studied the arts of poison in the Citadel, just like mentioned in the books. He DEFINETLY has a vast knowledge of the different venoms.

See? After all Oberyn does know about other poisons appart from Manticore's.

You are an idiot for saying Oberyn can only use one venom, and a greater Idiot for thinking i make replies without evidence!

Stop making a bigger fool of yourself would you? Now if you dont care, i have better things to do than lowering myself to your level. Cause i already used idiot, it seems your toxic behavior is getting into me.

Darkstorm Zero

Tywin Lannister confirms Oberyn's history. It is clearly stated that Oberyn studied the arts of poison in the Citadel, just like mentioned in the books. He DEFINETLY has a vast knowledge of the different venoms.

You are an idiot for saying Oberyn can only use one venom, and a greater Idiot for thinking i make replies without evidence!

Stop making a bigger fool of yourself would you? Now if you dont care, i have better things to do than lowering myself to your level. Cause i already used idiot, it seems your toxic behavior is getting into me.

This does not prove that he MAKES or USES the poisons other than what he actually used. I showed you the histories video already, and Oberyn explains this very fact.

X2v3T8v_nn0 3:14

And there you go with the PERSONAL insults again. You called me an idiot. I never got personal with you, I merely attacked your argument. You need to learn the difference.

Now, you have proof that Oberyn studied poisons. I proved however that despite that, he favors manticore venom not just against Gregor, but in all his duels. Now. I believe this concludes that particular point in my favor.

KingD19

Well you're half right. Yes Oberyn is stated to have studied at the citadel, knows about poisons and etc... However, HE NEVER USED ANY IN THE SHOW AND ONLY FEATS COUNT. So until you can show a video of him coating his spear in another type of poison, or what type of poison/venom it is, it doesn't matter. He could be using snake venom, or spider venom. Or something from an animal that only exists in GoT. If he doesn't show it, we don't get to just make shit up for him. That's not how this thing works skippy.

Josh_Alexander
Well you're half right. Yes Oberyn is stated to have studied at the citadel, knows about poisons and etc... However, HE NEVER USED ANY IN THE SHOW AND ONLY FEATS COUNT. So until you can show a video of him coating his spear in another type of poison, or what type of poison/venom it is, it doesn't matter. He could be using snake venom, or spider venom. Or something from an animal that only exists in GoT. If he doesn't show it, we don't get to just make shit up for him. That's not how this thing works skippy.

Your own point is against you.

Where on screen does he claim he only uses one poison? Where on screen does it say that Manticore venom is his only choise for EVERY match?

If he studied poisons! Which is plural in case you didnt notice. That means he has in his closeth SEVERAL poisons! So your point gets revoked! He can use any poison he knows of. PERIOD.

Again think before replying.

Raptor22
And I could not give a thimble full of liquid shit about your opinions .

This line was pretty damn funny. I'm definitely using that a work next week.

Darkstorm Zero
Your own point is against you.

Where on screen does he claim he only uses one poison? Where on screen does it say that Manticore venom is his only choise for EVERY match?

If he studied poisons! Which is plural in case you didnt notice. That means he has in his closeth SEVERAL poisons! So your point gets revoked! He can use any poison he knows of. PERIOD.

Again think before replying.

Didn't even watch the video did you?

Further evidence against you and you ignore it just like every other time your point gets countered... You are right, this is pointless. Trying to debate with you is like trying to stop your tidal wave of deliberate ignorance with my water pistol of truth. It's not happening.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Raptor22

Lol, your welcome smile stick out tongue

Josh_Alexander
Didn't even watch the video did you?

Further evidence against you and you ignore it just like every other time your point gets countered... You are right, this is pointless. Trying to debate with you is like trying to stop your tidal wave of deliberate ignorance with my water pistol of truth. It's not happening.

I watch the whole 30 mins, unlike you i do make my research and think before replying.

Ive shut up your mouth and made you swallow your words! Ive given you evidence! Now keep quiet and stop your folly.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Raptor22

Dark takes stupidity to a whoke new level.

Darkstorm Zero
I watch the whole 30 mins, unlike you i do make my research and think before replying.

Ive shut up your mouth and made you swallow your words! Ive given you evidence! Now keep quiet and stop your folly.

I meant the video I posted. Keep your hate boner in your pants,

HAHAHAHA!!! Evidence I Immediately countered, you ignoring it does not change that. Now I know you have degenerated into mindless trolling. You never had any intentions of debating reasonably and honestly with me or anyone who does not agree with your GOT fanatical devotion. Well sorry dude, but Game of Thrones does not win every fight, in fact, it wins less than most fantasy fictions, at least in direct fights. That doesn't make it a bad show or novel series BTW, it's not designed to compete with other fictions.

Darkstorm Zero
Dark takes stupidity to a whoke new level.

Reported for flaming. I've had enough of you and your constant personal attacks.

Josh_Alexander
I meant the video I posted. Keep your hate boner in your pants,

HAHAHAHA!!! Evidence I Immediately countered, you ignoring it does not change that. Now I know you have degenerated into mindless trolling. You never had any intentions of debating reasonably and honestly with me or anyone who does not agree with your GOT fanatical devotion. Well sorry dude, but Game of Thrones does not win every fight, in fact, it wins less than most fantasy fictions, at least in direct fights. That doesn't make it a bad show or novel series BTW, it's not designed to compete with other fictions.

The video you posted is wrong.

Choke with my evidence.

Not following your folly.

Josh_Alexander
Reported for flaming. I've had enough of you and your constant personal attacks.

Wow! Hahahahahaaha! You are really the one who casts the stone and runs!!

Bring a moderator here if you want. So i can show him your direct insults and use of obscene language.

Want to take things personal? Are you sure?

Darkstorm Zero
https://books.google.com.gt/books?id=8xYZCAAAQBAJ&pg=PA108&lpg=PA108&dq=Manticore+venom+speed+Game+of+Thrones&source=bl&ots=uB4YwssJia&sig=YHi_Gd4-PGq4Ma_LDUjWETvYN7M&hl=es&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjfl-z637vWAhWKOyYKHXqfBcsQ6AEIigEwFg#v=onepage& amp;q=Manticore%20venom%20speed%20Game%20of%20Thro
nes&f=false

Page 109. Clearly states that manticore venom can kill instantly! Also says that Oberyn tampered it to delay it.

https://youtu.be/IEFpUZGs4d8

Also states that Oberyn thickened the venom to prolong its effects!

Manticore venom is saod to kill instantly and is one of the strongets poisons there is.

Again, i do have evidence to back up my claims. Now may it help you as a reminder next time you question me!

You send me a book page that has no mention of the speed of Manticore venom anywhere on it in it's unthickened state,

https://orig00.deviantart.net/ffa7/f/2017/266/1/8/josh_alexander_s_evidence_by_darkstormzero-dbobbv2.png

Thats a screenshot of said evidence so people can see I'm not bullshitting.

And the other is a fanmade video.... Wait a second here...

The video you posted is wrong.

Choke with my evidence.

Not following your folly.

The video I posted is an official HBO Video that comes with the DVD, right. Thats official information written my Martin, Benioff and Weiss. Yet that's false, and your fanmade video is true?!?!?!

Can someone PLEASE confirm this foolishness? I'm not the only one reading this absolute nonsense am I?

Darkstorm Zero
Wow! Hahahahahaaha! You are really the one who casts the stone and runs!!

Bring a moderator here if you want. So i can show him your direct insults and use of obscene language.

Want to take things personal? Are you sure?

You already have. I need no more than that.

Josh_Alexander
You send me a book page that has no mention of the speed of Manticore venom anywhere on it in it's unthickened state,

https://orig00.deviantart.net/ffa7/f/2017/266/1/8/josh_alexander_s_evidence_by_darkstormzero-dbobbv2.png

Thats a screenshot of said evidence so people can see I'm not bullshitting.

And the other is a fanmade video.... Wait a second here...

The video I posted is an official HBO Video that comes with the DVD, right. Thats official information written my Martin, Benioff and Weiss. Yet that's false, and your fanmade video is true?!?!?!

Can someone PLEASE confirm this foolishness? I'm not the only one reading this absolute nonsense am I?

You will give me a headache!

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/Josh-Alexander/Screenshot_20170923-111813_zps4ixblko2.png

Read the first lines.

Ive gone through the 4 pages of this thread and you have posted no video!

Josh_Alexander
You already have. I need no more than that.

Okay bring a moderator will see who isnthe one cursing here.

Darkstorm Zero
You will give me a headache!

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/Josh-Alexander/Screenshot_20170923-111813_zps4ixblko2.png

Read the first lines.

Ive gone through the 4 pages of this thread and you have posted no video!

That wasn't the page you sent me.

And my god, you lied yet again

X2v3T8v_nn0

For the THIRD time, I post you this video, which is official source material! THIS holds presedence over the fan video you posted, and in these Movie VS forums, it also holds presedence over the book pages anyway. Your points have been countered 3 times now. You had better bring something more solid if you plan to counter official canon.

Josh_Alexander
That wasn't the page you sent me.

And my god, you lied yet again

X2v3T8v_nn0

For the THIRD time, I post you this video, which is official source material! THIS holds presedence over the fan video you posted, and in these Movie VS forums, it also holds presedence over the book pages anyway. Your points have been countered 3 times now. You had better bring something more solid if you plan to counter official canon.

OMG you are blind! LET IT BE KNOW THAT DARK DOESNT READ OTHER'S COMMENTS PEOPLE!

I clearly told you page 109.

I saw the video, you deceiver!

Nowhere it says Manticore poison is a slow agent! My point is well and alive, while yours just broke down. I watch it all, it is clear Oberyn doesnt have patience. He describes all the other poisons as slow and agressive, then he refers to Manticore venom...He obviously hints at a Faster venom.

My evidence gets supported by your own! Your evieence goes agaisnt you! Oberyn clearly tampered the poison to make it work for a longer period!

Darkstorm Zero
OMG you are blind! LET IT BE KNOW THAT DARK DOESNT READ OTHER'S COMMENTS PEOPLE!

I clearly told you page 109.

I saw the video, you deceiver!

Nowhere it says Manticore poison is a slow agent! My point is well and alive, while yours just broke down. I watch it all, it is clear Oberyn doesnt have patience. He describes all the other poisons as slow and agressive, then he refers to Manticore venom...He obviously hints at a Faster venom.

My evidence gets supported by your own! Your evieence goes agaisnt you! Oberyn clearly tampered the poison to make it work for a longer period!

And we are right back to square one....

Read the other thread's reply. It has become obvious you do not understand the difference between words, or the difference between show and book canon. That is unfortunate.

UCanShootMyNova
Legolas stomps.

Josh_Alexander
And we are right back to square one....

Read the other thread's reply. It has become obvious you do not understand the difference between words, or the difference between show and book canon. That is unfortunate.

It is clear you misinterpret the rules. Back to square one true.

Darkstorm Zero
It is clear you misinterpret the rules. Back to square one true.

No, because I am the original person that asked for the rule clarification regarding books. Because, like you, I was using book citiation for a lot of fictions. Impediment's ruling made it clear that book lore has no place in Movie vs. Because I was there, and I was the one who asked him that question. Ironically, I was arguing with Quan at the time regarding Lord of the Rings.

So please, tell me again how I'm misinterpreting a ruling I was there for? I want to see your all encompasing oracular prophetic foresight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Josh_Alexander
No, because I am the original person that asked for the rule clarification regarding books. Because, like you, I was using book citiation for a lot of fictions. Impediment's ruling made it clear that book lore has no place in Movie vs. Because I was there, and I was the one who asked him that question. Ironically, I was arguing with Quan at the time regarding Lord of the Rings.

So please, tell me again how I'm misinterpreting a ruling I was there for? I want to see your all encompasing oracular prophetic foresight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

First of all, nowhere in the show it days manticore venom is a slow killer. So your point stands on limbo.

And your personal question with Impediment isnt of my concern.

The rule is clear, as long as it doesnt contradict what is seen on scree it is valid. Furthermore in this case the book flows in the same way the show does...The show isnt saying that the poison is slow.

Darkstorm Zero
First of all, nowhere in the show it days manticore venom is a slow killer. So your point stands on limbo.

And your personal question with Impediment isnt of my concern.

The rule is clear, as long as it doesnt contradict what is seen on scree it is valid. Furthermore in this case the book flows in the same way the show does...The show isnt saying that the poison is slow.

No, because the evidence is that Gregor didn't die immediately, and nothing was ever mentioned within the show that the venom was thickened. The line you reference from the book pages are not present in the show.

It was a public question, because it was a question that concerned the rules of the forum. Hence why Nibectus provided the citation of what Impediment said in response.

Impediments ruling remains that the film/TV source is not just the highest canon source, but the ONLY source allowed in these forums. In other words, for example, I could not use Transformers Comics as source material no matter how canon those are.

Josh_Alexander
No, because the evidence is that Gregor didn't die immediately, and nothing was ever mentioned within the show that the venom was thickened. The line you reference from the book pages are not present in the show.

It was a public question, because it was a question that concerned the rules of the forum. Hence why Nibectus provided the citation of what Impediment said in response.

Impediments ruling remains that the film/TV source is not just the highest canon source, but the ONLY source allowed in these forums. In other words, for example, I could not use Transformers Comics as source material no matter how canon those are.

Nevertheless it is not stater that the venom is a slow killer, and that Gregor didnt die instantly because of the poisons speed of action.

We are in limbo here, you can support that specific point nor can i.

However ive given outside sources saying that the venom was thickened. You have given no outside source that it is a slow poison.

So in that aspect i still have a better claim.

KingD19
Nevertheless it is not stater that the venom is a slow killer, and that Gregor didnt die instantly because of the poisons speed of action.

We are in limbo here, you can support that specific point nor can i.

However ive given outside sources saying that the venom was thickened. You have given no outside source that it is a slow poison.

So in that aspect i still have a better claim.

What?

It's shown that the venom is a slow killer. Qybern told Cersei he'd be in pain for days and awake for the whole time before he finally died. How is that not a slow killer? We've seen poisons kill immediately, like Joffrey. So yeah. Manticore venom takes a while. It's shown in the show. If you say different and try to use the book, you're A) a f*cking liar. And B)still trying to push your own views of how things should work and make people conform to you.

You have zero claims now. The same amount you've ever had. As everything you say is either invalid, made up by you, or just wrong.

In fact, how about you go to Foreign Cinema and make the exact same thread. But allow book feats for Oberyn and Mountain as well. Then we can give Legolas his book feats. Like his shield.

Josh_Alexander
What?

It's shown that the venom is a slow killer. Qybern told Cersei he'd be in pain for days and awake for the whole time before he finally died. How is that not a slow killer? We've seen poisons kill immediately, like Joffrey. So yeah. Manticore venom takes a while. It's shown in the show. If you say different and try to use the book, you're A) a f*cking liar. And B)still trying to push your own views of how things should work and make people conform to you.

You have zero claims now. The same amount you've ever had. As everything you say is either invalid, made up by you, or just wrong.

In fact, how about you go to Foreign Cinema and make the exact same thread. But allow book feats for Oberyn and Mountain as well. Then we can give Legolas his book feats. Like his shield.

Where does he say that. Mind post evidence so i can verify it. Accordingnto my sources Oberyn tampered the poison to delay its effect.

I never say it is an instant killer, but it was delayed by Oberyn.

A) You are an Ass
B) You are an ass
C) You are still an ass

Stop your cursing.

Nibedicus
Josh, me and Darth Thor once had a debate regarding the validity of novels/books as a source of information (when no such information is available in the movies). It lasted for days and we decided to ask Imp (the main moderator of these forums) to rule on it. This is the result:

Originally posted by Impediment
I've been asked to step in to make a ruling on the matter at hand.

The primary issue in contention is the use of novelizations/book adaptations.

I refer you all to the MVF Golden Rule: What happens on screen is canon. Movie feats only.

I allow certain feats, for example, from the Star Trek television series because of the direct tie in to the movies.

Books, in my opinion, are waters I choose not to tread into. A novelization of, say, an Indiana Jones movie, while much more elaborate in wording and pace, is still not a movie; it's merely an written adaptation that, as history suggests, will improvise, elaborate, and possibly alter certain aspects of the movie it is adapting. The same goes with comic books, manga, and other written works pertaining to certain movies.

Therefore, the ruling is that a written adaptation of this film, as well as cast/crew commentaries made after the film has been completed, screened, and transferred to home media, will not be allowable. Movie feats only, please.

A much, much more suitable area for this kind of debate is, of course, the All Versus Forum where ALL source material is allowed.

Movie feats only. Books do not exist here. We cannot use the books as a source. Not the books. Not the comics (w/c are canon to the movies). Not the commentaries. Only video clips (like the TV shows that are canon to the movie).

If you do not believe me, we can always have a mod come in here and rule on this again. But this is what happened and you are free to look up the debate (and the exact ruling) right here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15415637& amp;highlight=book+feats+userid%3A62388#post154156

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Josh, me and Darth Thor once had a debate regarding the validity of novels/books as a source of information (when no such information is available in the movies). It lasted for days and we decided to ask Imp (the main moderator of these forums) to rule on it. This is the result:

Movie feats only. Books do not exist here. We cannot use the books as a source. Not the books. Not the comics (w/c are canon to the movies). Not the commentaries. Only video clips (like the TV shows that are canon to the movie).

If you do not believe me, we can always have a mod come in here and rule on this again. But this is what happened and you are free to look up the debate (and the exact ruling) right here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15415637& amp;highlight=book+feats+userid%3A62388#post154156

Okay i believe you.

The issue here is that the Show doesnt support anyone's side!

The show never said that the venom is slow or fast.

How do things play out in shuch case? The book is required.

KingD19
Gregor was still alive long after the trial by combat was finished. And he lasted long enough to crush Oberyn after multiple cuts.

Why do you think Legolas goes down so fast?

Josh_Alexander
Gregor was still alive long after the trial by combat was finished. And he lasted long enough to crush Oberyn after multiple cuts.

Why do you think Legolas goes down so fast?

Okay, there is a problem with that.

Gregor wasn't left to die! The very moment the fight was over he was taken to the Castle and was treated by Qyburn.

So, Gregor was being treated and healed minutes after the fight.

Also in the combat he was over until he got a lucky chance of grabbing and finally killing Oberyn. If Oberyn wouldn't have got close the Mountain would have died.

Again, there is no reliable evidence to classify Manticore venom as a fast or a slow killer. confused

Surtur
Legolas wins. During the fight upwards of 35 flips are performed by Legolas, with only around 9 of those actually being necessary.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Surtur
Legolas wins. During the fight upwards of 35 flips are performed by Legolas, with only around 9 of those actually being necessary.

Oberyn can make flips of his own. Plus he got poison.

Surtur
Does his poison work on immortal super beings?

Josh_Alexander
Does his poison work on immortal super beings?

Why shouldnt it?

And legolas isnt immortal.

Surtur
How is he not immortal? That doesn't mean he can't be killed. But Elves don't grow old or get sick or any of that. You gotta stab them in the face/heart.

Josh_Alexander
How is he not immortal? That doesn't mean he can't be killed. But Elves don't grow old or get sick or any of that. You gotta stab them in the face/heart.

Doesnt mean they are immune to poison.

Yes they are immunte o aging and withering, but not to physical or chimical death.

Surtur
I suppose that is true, but still if I were fighting him I'd be going for a kill shot and not taking chances.

Josh_Alexander
I suppose that is true, but still if I were fighting him I'd be going for a kill shot and not taking chances.

Legolas is good with the bow, not so much with the sword.

Oberyn is excellent with the spear, which gives him an advanatage in distance too.

I think this is a tie. But the win is still nearer The team.

It will take Legolas a time to kill Gregor, meanwhile henwill be getting cuts from Oberyn.

KingD19
So you're ignoring just how deadly he is with his long knives?

Josh_Alexander
So you're ignoring just how deadly he is with his long knives?

Not as deadly as with the bow.

KingD19
Not as deadly as with the bow.

Bur still so deadly he cut down dozens and dozens of orcs and Uruks without getting touched. Oberyn has his fight against Mountain. And Gregor has his fights against Oberyn and Hound.

Josh_Alexander
Bur still so deadly he cut down dozens and dozens of orcs and Uruks without getting touched. Oberyn has his fight against Mountain. And Gregor has his fights against Oberyn and Hound.

Stupid poor fighting orcs you mean.

Oberyn could replicate the same!

KingD19
So what does that make Gregor since he was far less skilled than any orc shown?

Josh_Alexander
So what does that make Gregor since he was far less skilled than any orc shown?

Lol! Less skilled!? Hahahaha

Gregor would ****e up those orcs!

The only reason Oberyn managed to "defeat" Gregor is because he was using a spear and manage to gain distance.

The moment gregor grasped him Oberyn was dead!

Gregor is far better than any of those orcs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.