Ser Arthur Dayne vs. Aragorn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Ser Arthur Dayne vs. Aragorn

Who wins?

Darkstorm Zero
Huh..... Hard to say.....

Who gets what equipment in this fight? Where are they? Have you got any details for me OP?

NemeBro
Aragorn with almost no effort.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by NemeBro

Damn it Neme... I wanted the OP to put in more effort... I was Edumacating here! mad laughing

FrothByte

Yup. Pretty much.

Rebel95
Really? Elaborate

Rebel95
Aragorn is possibly the greatest swordsman in LOTR, but Arthur Dayne is probably the greatest swordsman in GOT. Not seeing how this would be easy for Aragorn

KingD19
Aragorn is a descendant of the First Men. His stats are all easily superhuman. On top of that he's been fighting for decades longer than Dayne has even been alive. The icing on the cake is that by direct comparison Aragorn has slaughtered far higher numbers than 5 before getting taken down.

Rebel95
I thought this was the movies vs forum, Aragorn in the movies doesn't seem to have any kind of superhuman abilities

NemeBro
Originally posted by Rebel95
Aragorn is possibly the greatest swordsman in LOTR, but Arthur Dayne is probably the greatest swordsman in GOT. Not seeing how this would be easy for Aragorn Because he can get into sword fights with trolls, slay a small army by himself (Dayne was ultimately killed by IIRC nine guys), physically tossed Gimli (who must weigh around two hundred pounds) several meters across a gap, and can avoid arrows and deflect throwing knives.

What does Dayne have to compete?

Darkstorm Zero
I thought this was the movies vs forum, Aragorn in the movies doesn't seem to have any kind of superhuman abilities

Nope, even in the movies he's 87 years old. He explains this to Arwen.

R9j7LFHmkO0

Also, Aragorn managed to fend off all nine of the Nazgul at Weathertop. While the Nazgul were not at their peak strength due to their distance from Sauron, they are all extremely formidable and not just for their terror field. Most men barely can handle one of these things, and it took the efforts of the White Council to defeat them last time.

Sk47qO8rW4Y bhzzfXQmv9w

FrothByte
Aragorn is possibly the greatest swordsman in LOTR, but Arthur Dayne is probably the greatest swordsman in GOT. Not seeing how this would be easy for Aragorn

Because the fight scenes in GoT plain suck. They make the fighters look slow and cumbersome, way more than what should be realistically possible by veteran swordsmen. You end up with a bunch of fighters that are great within their universe only but can be run full of circles by pretty much any decent caliber fighter from other swords and sandals movie.

I study HEMA, and though swordplay is never realistic in most movies, the swordwork in GoT is just plain painful to watch.

Nibedicus
Because he can get into sword fights with trolls, slay a small army by himself (Dayne was ultimately killed by IIRC nine guys), physically tossed Gimli (who must weigh around two hundred pounds) several meters across a gap, and can avoid arrows and deflect throwing knives.

https://youtu.be/rCIY-9aL0Qo

Looked at the scene again. From the looks of it, over 10-15 feet. While Gimli was in full armor. Sick strength "feat".

Rebel95
Because he can get into sword fights with trolls, slay a small army by himself (Dayne was ultimately killed by IIRC nine guys), physically tossed Gimli (who must weigh around two hundred pounds) several meters across a gap, and can avoid arrows and deflect throwing knives.

Ok true. You've convinced me

Josh_Alexander
Arthur wins.

Mindset

What does Dayne have to compete? Well Dayne only lost because he got stabbed in the back of the neck by someone he thought he killed. I think he only fought like 5 btw.

But yea, Aragorn has better feats.

Stigma
Aragorn FTW.

KingD19
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Arthur wins.

A quick death at Aragorn's hands, yes.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by KingD19
A quick death at Aragorn's hands, yes.

thumb up

Raptor22
Originally posted by Mindset
Well Dayne only lost because he got stabbed in the back of the neck by someone he thought he killed. I think he only fought like 5 btw.

But yea, Aragorn has better feats. it started 6 vs 2, Ned and 5 others vs dayne and another kingsguard. 2 of Neds and daynes partner fell. Then dayne fought the last 4 solo.

nfactor1995
I'm honestly not sure what makes Aragorn such an impressive combatant

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by nfactor1995

Me too. Id put his sword skils in par with Jon. But not enough to go against Jaime or much less against ser Arthur.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by nfactor1995

Moments like this:

1:56+

https://youtu.be/FzO1f1s4Bs8

Is what makes him a badass.

Here's another one:

https://youtu.be/n7rM2_aU-Wg

Mindset
Originally posted by Raptor22
it started 6 vs 2, Ned and 5 others vs dayne and another kingsguard. 2 of Neds and daynes partner fell. Then dayne fought the last 4 solo. I included the one he thought he killed that came back to stab him in the back of the neck.

John Murdoch

Ya this. Aragorn trounces Dayne, especially since this is at the end of Return of the King Aragorn.

Josh_Alexander
Dayne stomps Aragorn

Aragorn doesnt have a chance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.