What part does smith play in the end?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trav6612
Does anyone know what role Smith will play in the end? I have seen the trailer and his fight with Neo in the rain, but was does that mean?

turin
I have no clue, but i like to beleive that it is going to be a major role, one which will decide the outcome of the films. perhaps the results of that battle with Neo is going to be the deciding factor.

systematicevil
In a teaser for revolutions during the fight scene between Smith and Neo. it cuts to Morpheus saying that "he fights for us" implying that the final battle for all of humanity will be decided by the outcome to there battle.

trav6612
I would agreee with that, I think smith will play a big role, but what role is the key I think. I think smith has something to do with the end of the matrix.

kapitan
he has definetly to do something with teh end of the matrix....
The question is what!?

Now he is not longer linked to the system, what are the reasons for to fight neo any longer...
I dont get it, he should be grateful, in my opinion...

But maybe, smith wants power, maybe he has the same power as neo, and he could get the controll of the matrix, exactly as neo....

trav6612
Could it be possible that Smith copies hiimself over into the architect?

systematicevil
doubtfull, the architect would be too powerful for that to happen. I dont think that we will even see the architect again, hi role is over. Other than the fact that I want to see more of the architect I cant see a reason as of yet to need another scene with him. However I think that the Oracle will provide much more info in the third film. Info that I think will awnser alot of the questions I have about the creation of the Matrix.

systematicevil
come to think of it, knowing that Persephone plays a bigger role in the third film, she may also provide some highly valuable information.

trav6612
i would agree about the oracle, how would the matrix then be destroyed? if it isn't through the architect?

systematicevil
the architect isnt ever refered to as the "controller" just the "creator", the matrix is comprised of numerous programs running at one time. Like any huge system, if one of the major programs running is terminated or fails then the whole system will crash.

trav6612
Is he a major program? and why is it that he is the one that Neo meets with if he has really no significance?

kapitan
uh....
Everything that ever was said in the matrix was true, so why should the architect lie?
mhhhh.....
maybe neo becomes blind.... so he will not see him again!
=)

trav6612
I don't know about the archietect, but I know Smith and Neo will meet again, why though? What has made smith so bent on killing Neo?

The Omega

trav6612
You may be right, he could have infected the whole matrix by the way it looks in the trailer for revolutions. But I would agree that would stretch it to far. I think your right Smith is looking for a purpose and maybe he thinks Neo is that purpose, and he won't stop until he kills him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.