Azog the Defiler vs Oberyn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Arena style death match. Oberyn gets his poison tipped spear.

Who wins?

quanchi112
Really ?

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
Really ?

Why not? He's certainly quick/agile enough to compete with just about anyone in Lord of the Rings (Who aren't demigods/arch-dieties anyways) He had The Mountain cold even without his ace, and that poison is supposed to be really strong.

quanchi112
Originally posted by cdtm
Why not? He's certainly quick/agile enough to compete with just about anyone in Lord of the Rings (Who aren't demigods/arch-dieties anyways) He had The Mountain cold even without his ace, and that poison is supposed to be really strong. Azog destroys him. This isn't close. Oberyn is great for the GoT but this is Lotr.

Thorne
the way you elevate lotr the next thing youll say is hobbits can take on the entire dothraki horde

quanchi112
Originally posted by Thorne
the way you elevate lotr the next thing youll say is hobbits can take on the entire dothraki horde Dude, Lotr elites shit all over the GoT elites. It's called being objective you fake divorcee.

Darkstorm Zero
Azog destroys him. This isn't close. Oberyn is great for the GoT but this is Lotr.

Eeeeh, that alone isn't enough to secure a win. Franchise branding aside though, Azog more than likley pulls a victory. Oberyn is fast, and squirriely alright, and one nick from the spear is bad, but Azog, and the entire Orc race are.... well lets just say they have all been through worse at the hands of Morgoth before. Venom is also nothing new to Orcs. The way they live, their immune systems are either buggered, or the most advanced and robust immune systems ever.

As for the actual combat itself, Azog isn't as slow or limited by armor as gregor was, and he's fought evenly with elves and dwarves before. So Oberyn is likely not going to be anything special to Azog, who also outpowers Gregor by sheer fact that he was able to not only survive a frozen bath beneath the ice unaffected, but was able to bust through it from beneath without any sort of leverage.

Thorne
Dude, Lotr elites shit all over the GoT elites. It's called being objective you fake divorcee.

when were you ever objective, ace

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Eeeeh, that alone isn't enough to secure a win. Franchise branding aside though, Azog more than likley pulls a victory. Oberyn is fast, and squirriely alright, and one nick from the spear is bad, but Azog, and the entire Orc race are.... well lets just say they have all been through worse at the hands of Morgoth before. Venom is also nothing new to Orcs. The way they live, their immune systems are either buggered, or the most advanced and robust immune systems ever.

As for the actual combat itself, Azog isn't as slow or limited by armor as gregor was, and he's fought evenly with elves and dwarves before. So Oberyn is likely not going to be anything special to Azog, who also outpowers Gregor by sheer fact that he was able to not only survive a frozen bath beneath the ice unaffected, but was able to bust through it from beneath without any sort of leverage. Well I didn't go into detail but the conclusion is the same. Azog operates on a much higher level. Stronger, quicker, and more durable than the Mountain. Destroying the Mountain isn't comparable at all to taking on Azog. As I said previously GoT are far more realistic than Lotr characters. Azog is elite in Lotr.

Josh_Alexander
Oberyn takes this one. He is too fast for Azog. And that poison will be acting on him since the first pinch.

This is an arena combat. Oberyn is a msster of that.

Oberyn will be dodging Azog all battle, and waiit for poison to work on him.

quanchi112
when were you ever objective, ace When have I ever not been objective.

Josh_Alexander
Dude, Lotr elites shit all over the GoT elites. It's called being objective you fake divorcee.

That is called favoritism not being objective.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
That is called favoritism not being objective. Not when it's fairly obvious. Legolas runs up falling bricks while GoT guys well.....

Point has been made. Lotr far more superhuman feats than GoT fighters.

TheLordofMurder
Not when it's fairly obvious. Legolas runs up falling bricks while GoT guys well.....

Quanchi, there is something I think you really should know:

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Quanchi, there is something I think you really should know: Oh it's that superman gay boi. Stick to the topic, loser.

Azog wins.

Josh_Alexander
Not when it's fairly obvious. Legolas runs up falling bricks while GoT guys well.....

You dont win battles by running over bricks.

Azog loses this one due to lack of wisdom and experiece.

quanchi112
You dont win battles by running over bricks.

Azog loses this one due to lack of wisdom and experiece. That is an example,to better illustrate my point. Oberyn is quick but can't withstand super strength. Azog is super strong and far more impressive in combat than the Mountain. Azog has more experience than Obeyrn. What battles did we see Oberyn in ?

Lack of wisdom is hilarious here since Oberyn lost a fight he had in the bag.

Thorne
Oh it's that superman gay boi.

get out of the closet, sweetie

quanchi112
get out of the closet, sweetie Go back to Herochat, nerd.

Thorne
nah you post here too much and i get lonely

quanchi112
nah you post here too much and i get lonely As I said you'd ditch Herochat in a second just as you did project fanboy.

Thorne
ditch what im still there

multitasker, im just that damn good

i dint ditch pfb they dropped their forums in the dumper

get it right

TheLordofMurder
Oh it's that superman gay boi. Stick to the topic, loser.

Azog wins.

Josh_Alexander
That is an example,to better illustrate my point. Oberyn is quick but can't withstand super strength. Azog is super strong and far more impressive in combat than the Mountain. Azog has more experience than Obeyrn. What battles did we see Oberyn in ?

Lack of wisdom is hilarious here since Oberyn lost a fight he had in the bag.

He lost a fight based on personal hate he had towards the Mointain, SOMETHING that wont happen in this case.

That is debatable, the Mountain can be as strong as Azog!

Oberyn wins, he has trained in essos and faught SEVERAL tournaments. The Viper Stomps Asog.

Regardless of how Strong and how much you like Azog, Oberyns speed and poisonous weapon finishes Asog.

quanchi112
ditch what im still there

multitasker, im just that damn good

i dint ditch pfb they dropped their forums in the dumper

get it right You betrayed them despite your supposed loyalty to Heorchat. They openly mocked you and you rushed back to them. Now you're here openly betraying them.

Admit Azog wins.

Thorne
crank the paranoid even higher

the dials dont go past 11, honey

azog the tardbutt loses so bad

quanchi112
He lost a fight based on personal hate he had towards the Mointain, SOMETHING that wont happen in this case.

That is debatable, the Mountain can be as strong as Azog!

Oberyn wins, he has trained in essos and faught SEVERAL tournaments. The Viper Stomps Asog.

Regardless of how Strong and how much you like Azog, Oberyns speed and poisonous weapon finishes Asog. Funny you said he's wise though when he lost not due to skill but due to arrogance.

Not in combat. Mountain isn't strong enough to take down the Hound and he isn't superhumanly strong.

Azog fought in wars and more than one scene thus he has the experience advantage.

It didn't even kill Gregor who isn't anywhere near as badass as Azog who calmly chills in freezing water. Who has it killed immediately. Azog has dealt with quicker does before while Oberyn can't handle strength when directly hit. Azog buries him with one attack. Impales him or maxes him to death.

TheLordofMurder
You betrayed them despite your supposed loyalty to Heorchat. They openly mocked you and you rushed back to them. Now you're here openly betraying them.

Admit Azog wins.

quanchi112
Another homo and here comes LoM. Coincidence I think not.

quanchi112
crank the paranoid even higher

the dials dont go past 11, honey

azog the tardbutt loses so bad Based on what, fake divorcee ?

quanchi112
Creepy.

Thorne
Another homo and here comes LoM. Coincidence I think not.

methinks thou spout homophobic epithets to much

a raging repression

a raging hardon

you're so cute

quanchi112
methinks thou spout homophobic epithets to much

a raging repression

a raging hardon

you're so cute So now you're fake gay. It's your new shtick.

Thorne
i am whatever i want to be baby

Josh_Alexander
Funny you said he's wise though when he lost not due to skill but due to arrogance.

Not in combat. Mountain isn't strong enough to take down the Hound and he isn't superhumanly strong.

Azog fought in wars and more than one scene thus he has the experience advantage.

It didn't even kill Gregor who isn't anywhere near as badass as Azog who calmly chills in freezing water. Who has it killed immediately. Azog has dealt with quicker does before while Oberyn can't handle strength when directly hit. Azog buries him with one attack. Impales him or maxes him to death.

This is no war! This is arena combat which Azog has none.

The hound is his brother! The Mountain hasnt fought him seriously.

Mountain is just as strong as Azog.

Azog loses this one.

quanchi112
i am whatever i want to be baby Actually you aren't. Make believe is your life, apparently.

quanchi112
This is no war! This is arena combat which Azog has none.

The hound is his brother! The Mountain hasnt fought him seriously.

Mountain is just as strong as Azog.

Azog loses this one. So basically one on one which is far easier than war combat which can occur at any time from multiple points.

So you pretend he was t fighting him seriously when the mountain was having a man baby temper tantrum.

Azog decimates Oberyn.

Josh_Alexander
So basically one on one which is far easier than war combat which can occur at any time from multiple points.

So you pretend he was t fighting him seriously when the mountain was having a man baby temper tantrum.

Azog decimates Oberyn.

Azog dies! Oberyn is to cunning and fast for the Orc. Azog falls just as the Mountain did.

In war combat you got allies, and you got help.

Here Azog wont succeed, sorry if your idol died.

quanchi112
Azog dies! Oberyn is to cunning and fast for the Orc. Azog falls just as the Mountain did.

In war combat you got allies, and you got help.

Here Azog wont succeed, sorry if your idol died. Azog is quicker, stronger, has better durability, and more experience than Gregor.

You also have an army against you so that doesn't mean all sides are being watched.

He wins. Azog crushes him. Another GoT character falls.

Stigma
I'm gonna say: a tie

In a fight Azog wins. He's basically the Mountain on steroids.The only reason I see Azog could have problems with Oberyn is Oberyn's agility.

Also, Oberyn's poison makes the difference. Oberyn needs to poke/slice Azog with his poisoned blade only once, which he will do given his mastery with the spear.

Oberyn possibly dies in a battle. Azog dies later because of the poisoned blade.

quanchi112
Quit exaggerating the poison's potency you nerd. Azog wins.

Josh_Alexander
Quit exaggerating the poison's potency you nerd. Azog wins.

Azog loses. Dont assume an arena combat and a field battle are the same!!

Azog loses due to lack of experience, Oberyns agility, and due to the poison!!

Favoritism wont make your points stronger. Just like in Smaug vs Night King, I bet for the one who has the greater chance of winning and not fanantism.

Azog loses becsuse probability is against him. Period.

quanchi112
Azog loses. Dont assume an arena combat and a field battle are the same!!

Azog loses due to lack of experience, Oberyns agility, and due to the poison!!

Favoritism wont make your points stronger. Just like in Smaug vs Night King, I bet for the one who has the greater chance of winning and not fanantism.

Azog loses becsuse probability is against him. Period. What is different about this ?

Azog has more experience than Oberyn and you just repeated yourself from a post or so ago. Oberyn has no experience especially anywhere near the tv screen battles to compare to Azog. Oberyn's agility worked against Gregor who is a lot slower and he still had a spear broken in combat.

The piston didn't kill Gregor immediately and he stabbed him multiple times.

Evidence matters not probability.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Stigma
I'm gonna say: a tie

In a fight Azog wins. He's basically the Mountain on steroids.The only reason I see Azog could have problems with Oberyn is Oberyn's agility.

Also, Oberyn's poison makes the difference. Oberyn needs to poke/slice Azog with his poisoned blade only once, which he will do given his mastery with the spear.

Oberyn possibly dies in a battle. Azog dies later because of the poisoned blade.

Naah Oberyn wins. He is too smart for Azog.

Oberhn knows the poison will act since the first pinch. He will avoid Azog thr whole battle until Azog is too weak to fight.

Oberyn wins.

quanchi112
Oberyn was not smart enough to kill Gregor despite decimating him in the fight. You're citing things that aren't accurate. Oberyn's arrogance won't matter here since Azog will bury him quickly.

Josh_Alexander
What is different about this ?

Azog has more experience than Oberyn and you just repeated yourself from a post or so ago. Oberyn has no experience especially anywhere near the tv screen battles to compare to Azog. Oberyn's agility worked against Gregor who is a lot slower and he still had a spear broken in combat.

The piston didn't kill Gregor immediately and he stabbed him multiple times.

Evidence matters not probability.

Oberyn is the Red Viper of Dorne! Although in the seriesmwe get little to no information about him due to the few episodes, we know that the Viper (Oberyn) is one of the most respected, and feared fighters. He is well experienced in arena combat, which AZOG ISNT. Oberyn has fought many in Essos.

Oberyn would kill Azog!!!

YOU REALIZE that he was actually making fun of the Mountain and wasnt fihgting seriously!?

Ik your Fanatism oftenly clouds your judgement but this is a fight in where Azog is in disadvantage.

Azog dies to the poison!

Furthermore, Oberyn has different poisons he could use! Oberyn used a slow poison for the Mountain so he would suffer! In this case Oberyn could still use a more deadly and quicker poison!

Evidence matters much here!

quanchi112
Oberyn is the Red Viper of Dorne! Although in the seriesmwe get little to no information about him due to the few episodes, we know that the Viper (Oberyn) is one of the most respected, and feared fighters. He is well experienced in arena combat, which AZOG ISNT. Oberyn has fought many in Essos.

Oberyn would kill Azog!!!

YOU REALIZE that he was actually making fun of the Mountain and wasnt fihgting seriously!?

Ik your Fanatism oftenly clouds your judgement but this is a fight in where Azog is in disadvantage.

Azog dies to the poison!

Furthermore, Oberyn has different poisons he could use! Oberyn used a slow poison for the Mountain so he would suffer! In this case Oberyn could still use a more deadly and quicker poison!

Evidence matters much here! So you're speculating and praising him when we see him dominate one fight and lose to arrogance. Odd.

Nah, Azog would bury him. Gregor is pathetic and only needed to connect once to completely have Oberyn at his mercy. He was poisoned and critically wounded yet still managed to kill Oberyn.

He had the Mountain decimated but managed to **** it up. Oberyn crushes him I agree outside of those circumstances but he's fighting someone faster, smarter, more experienced, stronger, and more durable than Gregor.

So now you're saying he brings another poison to the fight we haven't seen and speculating. That's called bias. You speculate all the time and ignore the evidence.

Thorin would also bury Oberyn or the Mountain in combat. Lotr elites are superior to GoT elites.

Josh_Alexander
So you're speculating and praising him when we see him dominate one fight and lose to arrogance. Odd.

Nah, Azog would bury him. Gregor is pathetic and only needed to connect once to completely have Oberyn at his mercy. He was poisoned and critically wounded yet still managed to kill Oberyn.

He had the Mountain decimated but managed to **** it up. Oberyn crushes him I agree outside of those circumstances but he's fighting someone faster, smarter, more experienced, stronger, and more durable than Gregor.

So now you're saying he brings another poison to the fight we haven't seen and speculating. That's called bias. You speculate all the time and ignore the evidence.

Thorin would also bury Oberyn or the Mountain in combat. Lotr elites are superior to GoT elites.

Am not speculating nothing. The books have said so, and the Series follow the books characteristics! Althouh it wasnt shown on screen it doesnt mean that his history isnt there.

Oberyn is still faster and smarter!

Oberyn took the fight personal vs the Mountain! The samething doesnt apply here!

Oberyn decimates Azog whether you like it or not.

You cant compare the way he fought The Mountain with the Way he fights in general.

Oberyn has several poisons he could use, that is a fact not Speculation!

No matter how much you Like LoTR that doesnt mean your elites are better!

quanchi112
Am not speculating nothing. The books have said so, and the Series follow the books characteristics! Althouh it wasnt shown on screen it doesnt mean that his history isnt there.

Oberyn is still faster and smarter!

Oberyn took the fight personal vs the Mountain! The samething doesnt apply here!

Oberyn decimates Azog whether you like it or not.

You cant compare the way he fought The Mountain with the Way he fights in general.

Oberyn has several poisons he could use, that is a fact not Speculation!

No matter how much you Like LoTR that doesnt mean your elites are better! Tv series only and they are different just as the films greatly differ from the books. I believe he isn't some noob but we don't know hence why Azog has more experience. It's factual since we've seen him in more battles and combat situations. Not only that but he leads massive armies he doesn't just fight someone one on one to ultimately lose to an inferior opponent.

Saying he is smarter without proof is baseless. We see he isn't combat smart. Pulling your weapon out and bragging isn't intelligent. It's the exact opposite.

So I can't use his only combat fight to draw conclusions ? Odd.

What faster poisons has he used on the show. Prove it. If you can't then it's a baseless claim.

It's pretty obvious the Lotr elites are vastly superior to the GoT elites. Create a thread anywhere and see what the majority says. It isn't just me and I have a mountain of evidence to back my claims.

Josh_Alexander
Tv series only and they are different just as the films greatly differ from the books. I believe he isn't some noob but we don't know hence why Azog has more experience. It's factual since we've seen him in more battles and combat situations. Not only that but he leads massive armies he doesn't just fight someone one on one to ultimately lose to an inferior opponent.

Saying he is smarter without proof is baseless. We see he isn't combat smart. Pulling your weapon out and bragging isn't intelligent. It's the exact opposite.

So I can't use his only combat fight to draw conclusions ? Odd.

What faster poisons has he used on the show. Prove it. If you can't then it's a baseless claim.

It's pretty obvious the Lotr elites are vastly superior to the GoT elites. Create a thread anywhere and see what the majority says. It isn't just me and I have a mountain of evidence to back my claims.

That doesnt mean that a character's history isnt the same. Unless the shows porve otherwise, Oberyn's abilities in the book are the same as the shows.

So no, Oberyn is more experienced.

Azogs pride makes him lose this one. Oberyn knows how to manipulate and come on top of his opponents, something Azog doesnt.

This is a 1 to 1 arena combat. Not a field war. Azogs experience helps him little here.

In the books he has shown having stronger poisons! If the show doesnt contradict it is because they are following the books. Dont come and try to trick me by saying that a character loses his book traits if not shown on screen!

You have a mountain of favoritism not claims! LoTR elites arent better than ours, that claim itself proves that you are supporting Azog due to fanatism not due to logic or evidence!

Ive participated in several threads where ive proven my elites to defeat yours. Smaug vs NK is one, this is another, the ones ive not participated is because i dont let my FANSTISM sink in! You should try it sometimes!

laughing

quanchi112
That doesnt mean that a character's history isnt the same. Unless the shows porve otherwise, Oberyn's abilities in the book are the same as the shows.

So no, Oberyn is more experienced.

Azogs pride makes him lose this one. Oberyn knows how to manipulate and come on top of his opponents, something Azog doesnt.

This is a 1 to 1 arena combat. Not a field war. Azogs experience helps him little here.

In the books he has shown having stronger poisons! If the show doesnt contradict it is because they are following the books. Dont come and try to trick me by saying that a character loses his book traits if not shown on screen!

You have a mountain of favoritism not claims! LoTR elites arent better than ours, that claim itself proves that you are supporting Azog due to fanatism not due to logic or evidence!

Ive participated in several threads where ive proven my elites to defeat yours. Smaug vs NK is one, this is another, the ones ive not participated is because i dont let my FANSTISM sink in! You should try it sometimes!

laughing No, if you want the books to be counted then go to the all vs or the foreign cinema section.

You haven't proven it you've stated it while ignoring the rules of this forum. Tell me why you believe Oberyn Martell is more experienced than Azog.

Oberyn lost due to his pride so tell me why the exact opposite happens here. You're arguing the complete opposite outcome of the evidence or their history. Oberyn lost due to pride or arrogance. That's a fact the show runners have stated as such.

Azog has more one on one combat experience than Oberyn.
laughing out loud

Explain the difference though between one on one combat and war combat.

I point you into the direction of the rules. You're ignoring the rules because you want the inexperienced Oberyn an advantage when the only poison we have seen didn't kill a regular human being immediately or in the long run.

I've stated my reasoning. Superior strength, durability, damage soak.

Nah, you're wrong Smaug crushed the NK. He's rather weak compared to Smaug.

Josh_Alexander
No, if you want the books to be counted then go to the all vs or the foreign cinema section.

You haven't proven it you've stated it while ignoring the rules of this forum. Tell me why you believe Oberyn Martell is more experienced than Azog.

Oberyn lost due to his pride so tell me why the exact opposite happens here. You're arguing the complete opposite outcome of the evidence or their history. Oberyn lost due to pride or arrogance. That's a fact the show runners have stated as such.

Azog has more one on one combat experience than Oberyn.
laughing out loud

Explain the difference though between one on one combat and war combat.

I point you into the direction of the rules. You're ignoring the rules because you want the inexperienced Oberyn an advantage when the only poison we have seen didn't kill a regular human being immediately or in the long run.

I've stated my reasoning. Superior strength, durability, damage soak.

Nah, you're wrong Smaug crushed the NK. He's rather weak compared to Smaug.

Lol, the books still count if the Shows follow the books info dummy! Haha

Oberyn Wins. Your character is at a disadvantage here, and I ALSWAYS BET FOR THE WINNING SIDE and not based on likings.

Oberyn Stopms just like NK did.

quanchi112
Lol, the books still count if the Shows follow the books info dummy! Haha

Oberyn Wins. Your character is at a disadvantage here, and I ALSWAYS BET FOR THE WINNING SIDE and not based on likings.

Oberyn Stopms just like NK did. No, you're blatantly breaking the rules. Poor form.

Oberyn is my favorite GoT character. He just doesn't stack up against Azog who has huge advantages against this little man.

One hard strike and his teeth fly out. Then he's defenseless. Azog wins because he's stronger, more durable, and more experienced. Believe that.

Josh_Alexander
No, you're blatantly breaking the rules. Poor form.

Oberyn is my favorite GoT character. He just doesn't stack up against Azog who has huge advantages against this little man.

One hard strike and his teeth fly out. Then he's defenseless. Azog wins because he's stronger, more durable, and more experienced. Believe that.

Azog has no advantages here:
Oberyn is faster
One pinch and poison affects him
No Arena experience

Your ido falls. You can go and change your signature now.

And no, am not breaking any rules. Just because the show didnt show it, it doesnt mean it isnt there.

quanchi112
Oberyn is faster
No Arena experience

And no, am not breaking any rules. Just because the show didnt show it, it doesnt mean it isnt there. So you don't believe he's stronger and more durable. laughing out loud

Oberyn isn't good enough to put Azog down. Once Azog connects he's done for. Azog is faster than the Mountain and stronger.

We only go by the show hence your claim is baseless.

Josh_Alexander
No, you're blatantly breaking the rules. Poor form.

Oberyn is faster
No Arena experience

And no, am not breaking any rules. Just because the show didnt show it, it doesnt mean it isnt there. As long as a Movie or Show doesnt retcon the Books info, then these is still valid for that Show or movie. Dont try to trick me with that.

quanchi112
Oberyn is faster
No Arena experience

And no, am not breaking any rules. Just because the show didnt show it, it doesnt mean it isnt there. As long as a Movie or Show doesnt retcon the Books info, then these is still valid for that Show or movie. Dont try to trick me with that. So you failed to address my post and repeated yourself. The poison didn't stop Gregor from knocking his teeth out and crushing his head. Evidence. smile

Strength, durability, and experience are Azog's advantages. What about Serena combat is so strange to Azog ? Debating is when you explain your reasoning not just repeat yourself.

To back a claim you have to prove it. That's debating 101. That is against the rules it's the show only. Reread the rules. This is pretty simple.

Josh_Alexander
So you failed to address my post and repeated yourself. The poison didn't stop Gregor from knocking his teeth out and crushing his head. Evidence. smile

Strength, durability, and experience are Azog's advantages. What about Serena combat is so strange to Azog ? Debating is when you explain your reasoning not just repeat yourself.

To back a claim you have to prove it. That's debating 101. That is against the rules it's the show only. Reread the rules. This is pretty simple.

Azog isnt the Mountain, nor will Oberyn have any reason why to get careless or to fight arrogantly. Your evidence is disclaimed!

Arena Comabating is a 1 to 1 in where there are no interventions from other characters. Azog is used to fight in wars, and uses his orcs to support him. Azog will have to face 1 enemy on his own, in where he will have to find a way to get to his enemy. Arena combat requires more brains that mere combat skills! You have to discover and find your enemies' weak points, something Azog isnt familiar to.

Oberyn is still faster, has more stamina, and is wiser in combat. Oberyn knows how to use his enemies disadvantages to his own! He will have no problem in finding Azog weak points and bringing him down.

Again deceiving me wont work.

NOWHERE in the Show is it said that OBERYN HAS ONLY 1 poison! NOR DOES IT SAY that Oberyn ONLY USES the poison used against the Mountain.

ITS NOT COINCEDENCE he is called the RED VIPER, he has an arsenal of different poisons he can use. THE SHOWS HAVE NOT RESTRICTED NOR RETCON this information THEREFORE IT IS VALID.

The only one repeating himself and avoiding facts is you here.

Azog loses, he is at a disadvantage here whether you like it or not.

quanchi112
Azog isnt the Mountain, nor will Oberyn have any reason why to get careless or to fight arrogantly. Your evidence is disclaimed! You are right Azog is superior to Gregor so he kills Oberyn. He's far quicker, more skilled, and stronger than Gregor. Argument ethered.
The bitter irony is Oberyn was the guy distracted in one on one combat. laughing out loud

Azog is used to fighting one on one because he he's done so. For ****s sake it's easier. War combat require more brains since outside threats could come at you at any point. One on one means you can focus freely on one opponent. smile

Based off what does he have more stamina ? He isn't wiser he lost after winning. Quit saying things that aren't true. Oberyn is slightly quicker but Azog has greater strength and is faster than Gregor who was quick enough to break his spear and toss him.

Nowhere does it show him using a quicker poison. You don't understand the simple basics of debating. You made a claim and can't prove it. You're making shit up. We only use the shows. GoT is what we are debating not the books.

You don't make any sense.

Azog wins but you'll just repeat yourself ad nauseam.

Josh_Alexander
You are right Azog is superior to Gregor so he kills Oberyn. He's far quicker, more skilled, and stronger than Gregor. Argument ethered.
The bitter irony is Oberyn was the guy distracted in one on one combat. laughing out loud

Azog is used to fighting one on one because he he's done so. For ****s sake it's easier. War combat require more brains since outside threats could come at you at any point. One on one means you can focus freely on one opponent. smile

Based off what does he have more stamina ? He isn't wiser he lost after winning. Quit saying things that aren't true. Oberyn is slightly quicker but Azog has greater strength and is faster than Gregor who was quick enough to break his spear and toss him.

Nowhere does it show him using a quicker poison. You don't understand the simple basics of debating. You made a claim and can't prove it. You're making shit up. We only use the shows. GoT is what we are debating not the books.

You don't make any sense.

Azog wins but you'll just repeat yourself ad nauseam.

Without evidence and based on mere fanatism your claim has sunk.

No, you have friends which deal with outside foes. 1 to 1 requires more brains cause your opponent is finding ways to kill you and you must do so too. Arena combat requires strategy and brains which Azog has no preparation for, while Oberyn does, My dude has an advantage over yours here.

Quick avoiding that Oberyn wad mocking The Mountain because of a personal issue he had with him! He put his guard down! Oberyn wont do the same with Asog! That point of yours has also sank!

Manticore Poison is faster! Melissandres poison is also faster! All of these poisons the Red Viper has to his disposal! You have no sense of logic! Show follows the book else contradicted by the same show! Another point which sinks!

Here the poisons of westeros! And the Red Viper is a knoen user of these! Your fanatism leads you to unreasonable replies!
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=645502&pagenumber=12

Am a good debater, unlike you i pick based on evidence not fanatism.
stick out tongue

Josh_Alexander

quanchi112
Without evidence and based on mere fanatism your claim has sunk.

No, you have friends which deal with outside foes. 1 to 1 requires more brains cause your opponent is finding ways to kill you and you must do so too. Arena combat requires strategy and brains which Azog has no preparation for, while Oberyn does, My dude has an advantage over yours here.
Untrue.

So basically you're saying one on four is easier than one on one. laughing out loud

This doesn't make any sense. Oberyn somehow lost to a downed opponent which shows he doesn't have brains. Your points are fabrications. The guy ****ed up a win due to brains.

I didn't avoid that. I also didn't avoid his spear breaking. He needed a second weapon. Azog is quicker, stronger, and more durable than Gregor. Point negated.

We don't see him ever use these poisons on his spear. Just face it he crushes your weak GoT foes. Red Viper died.

No, you break the rules, argue against logic, and flat out post based off fanaticism. That's how you spell the word. Yw.

Azog buries him.

omgchos
Yeah one cut and Azog goes down. Oberyn isnt gonna interigate him like he did gregor. So if oberyn feels like hes pressed a little to hard hes just gonna bob and weave until the poison kicks in. HEs not an idiot and has no grudge against azog. Therefore hes not gonna take any chances.

quanchi112
Originally posted by omgchos
Yeah one cut and Azog goes down. Oberyn isnt gonna interigate him like he did gregor. So if oberyn feels like hes pressed a little to hard hes just gonna bob and weave until the poison kicks in. HEs not an idiot and has no grudge against azog. Therefore hes not gonna take any chances. Based off what ? Who did Oberyn put down with one cut ? Cite some evidence here, sport.

omgchos
Based off what ? Who did Oberyn put down with one cut ? Cite some evidence here, sport.

The fact that gregor was poisoned with manticore venom? Is that not evidence? Have i been away too long? its not only explicitly said by both qyburn and pycell. We clearly see his manservant coating his weapon with venom. Im not saying one cut and hes instantly killed. Needs but to cut him and avoid. Simple as that. Azog is somewhat more agile than the mountain. But that probably had something to do with the metric ton of armor he was wearing. Azog being the nudist that he is. Which idk why Azog didnt wear armor. But if i went on a tirade about those shitty hobbit movies this post would be even longer that it is, lol. The mountain died of poison, show and books confirm....... sport. (what are you agent k?) i dont even like sports.

quanchi112
The fact that gregor was poisoned with manticore venom? Is that not evidence? Have i been away too long? its not only explicitly said by both qyburn and pycell. We clearly see his manservant coating his weapon with venom. Im not saying one cut and hes instantly killed. Needs but to cut him and avoid. Simple as that. Azog is somewhat more agile than the mountain. But that probably had something to do with the metric ton of armor he was wearing. Azog being the nudist that he is. Which idk why Azog didnt wear armor. But if i went on a tirade about those shitty hobbit movies this post would be even longer that it is, lol. The mountain died of poison, show and books confirm....... sport. (what are you agent k?) i dont even like sports. He didn't go down right away. He was stabbed multiple times and impaled. He then had the strength to kill Oberyn so this idea one wound and he goes down is baseless.

Azog wore armor in the final film. Did you not see it ? The quality of the films aren't relevant to this bs matchup. We are arguing based off the show in which he is still alive, sport. He also survived long enough to kill Oberyn negating your point. Who cares if he died a second later he won.

omgchos
He didn't go down right away. He was stabbed multiple times and impaled. He then had the strength to kill Oberyn so this idea one wound and he goes down is baseless.

Azog wore armor in the final film. Did you not see it ? The quality of the films aren't relevant to this bs matchup. We are arguing based off the show in which he is still alive, sport. He also survived long enough to kill Oberyn negating your point. Who cares if he died a second later he won.

If you wanna call that armor. And i love how your skating over the avoid angle of this. Oberyn prepares for his fights in that particular case he chose to slow down the poison to cause gregor more pain. Like i said he has no grudge against azog the naked. Hes wearing a sleeveless vest and a loin cloth lol. In this case he may have chosen any number of poisons. Even if hes stuck with the slow painful stuff, he still only has to cut him once and run. Hes got it in the bag. Hell i might even give it to him without the poison. Hes one of the most renown fighters in ASOIAF. So lets look at the facts sports fans.

Azog is not immune to poison

Hes slower than oberyn

Oberyn only lost because he wanted to make gregor confess, otherwise he wrecked him.

Hes smart and knows how to prepare for a fight.

Azog is cocky as hell and might even let oberyn stab him a couple times just to show off a bit (this last one is just a jab at azog admittedly).

The ONLY thing he might have over oberyn is if he gets his cinderblock chain thing. Though if oberyn is half the swordsman hes supposed to be getting inside that would be easy as hell.

Basically Azog goes down.

quanchi112
If you wanna call that armor. And i love how your skating over the avoid angle of this. Oberyn prepares for his fights in that particular case he chose to slow down the poison to cause gregor more pain. Like i said he has no grudge against azog the naked. Hes wearing a sleeveless vest and a loin cloth lol. In this case he may have chosen any number of poisons. Even if hes stuck with the slow painful stuff, he still only has to cut him once and run. Hes got it in the bag. Hell i might even give it to him without the poison. Hes one of the most renown fighters in ASOIAF. So lets look at the facts sports fans.
Well it is armor, dummy. Well we argue based on the evidence we have not let's give him this other poison he has never used before on the small screen. He didn't even avoid Gregor prior to losing focus. He got his spear destroyed and was tossed by a much slower, more heavily armored foe. For ****s sake watch the actual fight you dim witted moron. Azog has been cut up by Thorin who has greater strength fests than Oberyn. Gregor was also I paled and had the strength to finish off Oberyn who was done after one punch.

He doesn't have to be it failed to even kill a normal human.

He's quicker and more skilled than Gregor who broke his spear and tossed him mid fight.

No, Oberyn is cocky as hell hence why he lost. Azog is a ruthless war general who survived having his arm cut off mid battle. He does t need the cinder block chain just his mace and bladed prosthetic.

Basically Oberyn dies badly.

Josh_Alexander

Azog is not immune to poison

Hes slower than oberyn

Oberyn only lost because he wanted to make gregor confess, otherwise he wrecked him.

Hes smart and knows how to prepare for a fight.

Azog is cocky as hell and might even let oberyn stab him a couple times just to show off a bit (this last one is just a jab at azog admittedly).

The ONLY thing he might have over oberyn is if he gets his cinderblock chain thing. Though if oberyn is half the swordsman hes supposed to be getting inside that would be easy as hell.

Basically Azog goes down.

I Know Right!!!

The Thing is Quanchi is of the belief that Characters are STRICTLY LIMITED to what is seen on screen! LOL.

Although the BOOKS clearly specify that The Red Viper has SEVERAL Poisons at his disposal, Quanchi says that because the Shows never depicted them THEY ARE NOT TRUE!

I Know, Quanchi's logic is........ Its like saying Azog isn't a male since we never saw his dick on screen!!! Lol.

Well it is armor, dummy. Well we argue based on the evidence we have not let's give him this other poison he has never used before on the small screen. He didn't even avoid Gregor prior to losing focus. He got his spear destroyed and was tossed by a much slower, more heavily armored foe. For ****s sake watch the actual fight you dim witted moron. Azog has been cut up by Thorin who has greater strength fests than Oberyn. Gregor was also I paled and had the strength to finish off Oberyn who was done after one punch.

He doesn't have to be it failed to even kill a normal human.

He's quicker and more skilled than Gregor who broke his spear and tossed him mid fight.

No, Oberyn is cocky as hell hence why he lost. Azog is a ruthless war general who survived having his arm cut off mid battle. He does t need the cinder block chain just his mace and bladed prosthetic.

Basically Oberyn dies badly.

Once more Quanchi, don't let your fanatism cloud your judgement. Cause then you will evade facts, logic, and will reply senseless comments.

The SHOWS NEVER SAID Oberyn ONLY has one poison. Just because he used a SLOW poison against the MOUNTAIN because he wanted to see him suffer DOESN'T MEAN that that's the only poison HE HAS. The Shows will ALWAYS FOLLOW THE BOOK'S MATERIAL UNLESS the show replaces or changes it! Since the Show never said that Oberyn has Only ONE poison, then it is clear that the Show validates the Book Info (Oberyn is the same Oberyn as in the BOOKS).

As omgchos said, and i've also pointed out!

Oberyn OUTSMARTS, OUTSPEEDS, and OUTMANEUVERS Azog! The ONLY REASON Oberyn lost to the mountain is because he was trying to make him confess, and because he wanted to see him suffer!

So, don't assume Azog will have the same chances!

Oberyn as omgchos said, is one of the BEST Arena fighters. As i've said previously, he has fought several combats in essos, and is very FEARED in that continent! The books have said so! Now don't come and tell me that just because the SHOW never depicted it, it isn't valid. Again, the Show will FOLLOW ANY MATERIAL OF THE BOOK UNLESS disclaimed or modified by the SHOW.

ALL INFO FROM THE BOOK APPLIES FOR A SHOW OR MOVIE UNLESS THIS DECIDES TO CHANGE SUCH INFORMATION OR MATERIAL.

quanchi112
I Know Right!!!

The Thing is Quanchi is of the belief that Characters are STRICTLY LIMITED to what is seen on screen! LOL.

Although the BOOKS clearly specify that The Red Viper has SEVERAL Poisons at his disposal, Quanchi says that because the Shows never depicted them THEY ARE NOT TRUE!

I Know, Quanchi's logic is........ Its like saying Azog isn't a male since we never saw his dick on screen!!! Lol.

Once more Quanchi, don't let your fanatism cloud your judgement. Cause then you will evade facts, logic, and will reply senseless comments.

The SHOWS NEVER SAID Oberyn ONLY has one poison. Just because he used a SLOW poison against the MOUNTAIN because he wanted to see him suffer DOESN'T MEAN that that's the only poison HE HAS. The Shows will ALWAYS FOLLOW THE BOOK'S MATERIAL UNLESS the show replaces or changes it! Since the Show never said that Oberyn has Only ONE poison, then it is clear that the Show validates the Book Info (Oberyn is the same Oberyn as in the BOOKS).

As omgchos said, and i've also pointed out!

Oberyn OUTSMARTS, OUTSPEEDS, and OUTMANEUVERS Azog! The ONLY REASON Oberyn lost to the mountain is because he was trying to make him confess, and because he wanted to see him suffer!

So, don't assume Azog will have the same chances!

Oberyn as omgchos said, is one of the BEST Arena fighters. As i've said previously, he has fought several combats in essos, and is very FEARED in that continent! The books have said so! Now don't come and tell me that just because the SHOW never depicted it, it isn't valid. Again, the Show will FOLLOW ANY MATERIAL OF THE BOOK UNLESS disclaimed or modified by the SHOW.

ALL INFO FROM THE BOOK APPLIES FOR A SHOW OR MOVIE UNLESS THIS DECIDES TO CHANGE SUCH INFORMATION OR MATERIAL. You are the one evading facts. Irony.

We don't give him options he hasn't shown. I don't put a sword in Azog's good hand because we don't see him wield one. Are you catching on ? I'm sure he can wield one but we don't just do so because we argue on what evidence we have not blind fanatcism to save your GoT character.

I never once said this is only poison he's ever had. I have said its the only poison we see him coat his spear with thus it's the only one in this thread. Process what I say and calm down. This isn't difficult to grasp.

Gregor broke his spear and tossed him prior to him impaling Gregor. So he was caught by a slower and bulkier man since his armor weighed him down. Who cares who fears him ? Jaime had no idea how good he was so watch the show and quit inserting nonsense. Tyrion also was blindly hoping he won but didn't have a clue as to his skill in the arena. He also lost when he had his opponent beaten. That's evidence of his arrogance costing him of assured victory. That's called a fact you want to dismiss. Not saying he will pause to look into the crowd since there isn't one but he's still slow enough to be caught since Gregor caught him a few times during the fight. Azog is quicker, more skilled, and stronger. This is why Oberyn loses.

Read the ****ing rules. This is getting rather annoying. Your ignorance isn't an excuse to dodge the rules.

quanchi112
Taken right from the rules.

The MVF Golden Rule:
What is seen on screen is canon in these forums. If your character you wish to use has feats/actions/handicaps that contradict what that character did on screen (movie canon), then it is a violation and is illegal. MOVIE FEATS ONLY!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thorne
"If your character you wish to use has feats/actions/handicaps that contradict what that character did on screen (movie canon)"

its not contradicting, its explaining or clarifying what that character can do

Josh_Alexander
Taken right from the rules.

The MVF Golden Rule:
What is seen on screen is canon in these forums. If your character you wish to use has feats/actions/handicaps that contradict what that character did on screen (movie canon), then it is a violation and is illegal. MOVIE FEATS ONLY!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Again stop molding the rules to your advantage!

Oberyn has SEVERAL POISONS TO HIS DISPOSAL IN THE BOOKS. The shows have NEVER CONTRADICTED THE BOOKS IN THAT MATTER! There is no violation of rules here!

Am not contradicting any screen feats! the Show hasnt contradicted the book by saying that Oberyn only possesses one Poison! Therefore the book doesnt contradict the Show and am not breaking any rule

Any moderator can verify this.

Again, you are only supporting Azog due to fanatism.

Azog loses, me and others have given enough proves of that.

Josh_Alexander
"If your character you wish to use has feats/actions/handicaps that contradict what that character did on screen (movie canon)"

its not contradicting, its explaining or clarifying what that character can do

He is misinterpreting the rules.

He is saying that a character ONLY has the feats seen on screen, where the rule just states that in a discussion, the Show will have superiority in a case in where BOOK AND MOVIE contradict themselves.

quanchi112
Again stop molding the rules to your advantage!

Oberyn has SEVERAL POISONS TO HIS DISPOSAL IN THE BOOKS. The shows have NEVER CONTRADICTED THE BOOKS IN THAT MATTER! There is no violation of rules here!

Am not contradicting any screen feats! the Show hasnt contradicted the book by saying that Oberyn only possesses one Poison! Therefore the book doesnt contradict the Show and am not breaking any rule

Any moderator can verify this.

Again, you are only supporting Azog due to fanatism.

Azog loses, me and others have given enough proves of that. You clearly don't understand words movie feats only. The books are not fair game here.

I don't give a shit about the books the show is different. The book is against the rules.

No, I am supporting him by being objective and going by the evidence. You're just supporting GoT characters since you love them. That's fine I enjoy smashing GoT characters by Lotr characters.

Azog is too strong and far better than Gregor who broke his spear and tossed him prior to the end of the fight.

quanchi112

its not contradicting, its explaining or clarifying what that character can do Movie feats only. Foreign cinema is the all versus with both. You're dumb as shit. Movie feats only is pretty clear.

laughing out loud

Josh_Alexander
Movie feats only. Foreign cinema is the all versus with both. You're dumb as shit. Movie feats only is pretty clear.

laughing out loud

Youre wrong! Movies follow the Books info, therefore Oberyn having several poisons IS A MOVIE FEAT SINCE IT WASNT REJECTED.

Your point is disclaimed! Are we going to start throwing personal comments now?

Once more, your fanatism is the only reason you are supporting Azog.

quanchi112
Youre wrong! Movies follow the Books info, therefore Oberyn having several poisons IS A MOVIE FEAT SINCE IT WASNT REJECTED.

Your point is disclaimed! Are we going to start throwing personal comments now?

Once more, your fanatism is the only reason you are supporting Azog. Do you know what the words movie feats only means ?

No, it isn't. Your opinion isn't a legitimate rebuttal.

No, his strength, durability, and skill is why he wins. Gregor broke his spear and he's slow as molasses. Azog smashes it to pieces.

omgchos
It's actually pretty funny. I see the appeal of actually responding now. Its ironic as hell. He wants evidence but offers almost non, save an opinion. Then when you offer it he plugs his ears and yells "la la la la" i guess nothing much has changed since ive been gone.

At this point its pretty much proven, The Red Vipor is the victor. Im not wasting any more time reciting the same facts over and over again only to have the question dodged and be insulted by a 3 year old, lol.

quanchi112
It's actually pretty funny. I see the appeal of actually responding now. Its ironic as hell. He wants evidence but offers almost non, save an opinion. Then when you offer it he plugs his ears and yells "la la la la" i guess nothing much has changed since ive been gone.

At this point its pretty much proven, The Red Vipor is the victor. Im not wasting any more time reciting the same facts over and over again only to have the question dodged and be insulted by a 3 year old, lol. Youve given me evidence of him against an inferior opponent who successfully broke his weapon. He also tossed him aside mid combat. Also at the end of their fight he couldn't withstand one punch without offering resistance or any defenses.

I have evidence of him being stabbed by Thorin in their final duel. We have no evidence of Oberyn withstanding much damage at all. It also took him quite some time to take Gregor down who is pitifully slow and not that skilled with a sword.

TheLordofMurder

At this point its pretty much proven, The Red Vipor is the victor. Im not wasting any more time reciting the same facts over and over again only to have the question dodged and be insulted by a 3 year old, lol.

thumb up

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Impediment
I've been asked to step in to make a ruling on the matter at hand.

The primary issue in contention is the use of novelizations/book adaptations.

I refer you all to the MVF Golden Rule: What happens on screen is canon. Movie feats only.

I allow certain feats, for example, from the Star Trek television series because of the direct tie in to the movies.

Books, in my opinion, are waters I choose not to tread into. A novelization of, say, an Indiana Jones movie, while much more elaborate in wording and pace, is still not a movie; it's merely an written adaptation that, as history suggests, will improvise, elaborate, and possibly alter certain aspects of the movie it is adapting. The same goes with comic books, manga, and other written works pertaining to certain movies.

Therefore, the ruling is that a written adaptation of this film, as well as cast/crew commentaries made after the film has been completed, screened, and transferred to home media, will not be allowable. Movie feats only, please.

A much, much more suitable area for this kind of debate is, of course, the All Versus Forum where ALL source material is allowed.

quanchi112
https://media.giphy.com/media/h6nt5almAWrM4/giphy.gif

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Nibedicus

Movie feats only. The fact here is the OP NEVER STATED that Oberyn was limitted to the poison he used against the Mountain.

Therefore, ALL OBERYNS POISONS ARE VALID FOR THESE MATCH. Once more, Oberyn has a big closeth of poisons to pick from. No breaking of rule is being done by ATTRIBUTING A CHARACTER'S KNOWN FEATS, and which havent been retcon by the movie.

quanchi112
Movie feats only. The fact here is the OP NEVER STATED that Oberyn was limitted to the poison he used against the Mountain.

Therefore, ALL OBERYNS POISONS ARE VALID FOR THESE MATCH. Once more, Oberyn has a big closeth of poisons to pick from. No breaking of rule is being done by ATTRIBUTING A CHARACTER'S KNOWN FEATS, and which havent been retcon by the movie. Only movie feat is the poison he applied for the arena fight against Gregor. That's the movie feat.

Also Books, in my opinion, are waters I choose not to tread into. A novelization of, say, an Indiana Jones movie, while much more elaborate in wording and pace, is still not a movie; it's merely an written adaptation that, as history suggests, will improvise, elaborate, and possibly alter certain aspects of the movie it is adapting. The same goes with comic books, manga, and other written works pertaining to certain movies.

Only the series counts. If you want the books go to the foreign cinema. This is the films or tv series only.

Josh_Alexander
Quanchi is just supporting Azog based on pure FANATISM.

There is no pointnin arguing with someone who puts personal feelings before evidence and logic.

He will just keep bringing misinterpreted rules in order to favor the scale for Azog.

Either way, a slower poison would still bring down Azog eventually. That is certain.

One way or another Azog loses this one. PERIOD.

quanchi112
Quanchi is just supporting Azog based on pure FANATISM.

There is no pointnin arguing with someone who puts personal feelings before evidence and logic.

He will just keep bringing misinterpreted rules in order to favor the scale for Azog.

Either way, a slower poison would still bring down Azog eventually. That is certain.

One way or another Azog loses this one. PERIOD. Says the guy who fanaticism wrong over and over again despite me correcting him.

You're ignoring the rules trying to give him other feats based off the books and ignoring his behavior on screen to reach your conclusion.

You ignoring the rules out of stubborn behavior or fanaticism which I spelled correctly is your own problem.

Azog wins due to superior strength, durability, damage soak, etc. Gregor survived being impaled to kill Oberyn despite the poison. Not very strong stuff, obviously.

Josh_Alexander
Says the guy who fanaticism wrong over and over again despite me correcting him.

You're ignoring the rules trying to give him other feats based off the books and ignoring his behavior on screen to reach your conclusion.

You ignoring the rules out of stubborn behavior or fanaticism which I spelled correctly is your own problem.

Azog wins due to superior strength, durability, damage soak, etc. Gregor survived being impaled to kill Oberyn despite the poison. Not very strong stuff, obviously.

Am not the one CONSTANTLY SAYING that LoTR is superior to no one! First proof of your fanaticism

You are ignoring basic movie/show info and molding the rules to favor you character! The Show is based on the Book! All info in the book is valid for the show UNLESS DISCLAIMED BY THIS. PERIOD.

But once again, your fanaticism won't let you see things clearly.

Azog loses, the poison will still affect him. Oberyn can dodge him for an hour if he needs to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS2IYyywZMs

Oberyn vs The Mountain!

Oberyn was child playing with Gregor!.

Azog dies, whether your fanaticism admits it or not!

Azog isn't faster, nor smarter, nor more cunning than Oberyn! Your Orc dies.

quanchi112
Am not the one CONSTANTLY SAYING that LoTR is superior to no one! First proof of your fanaticism

You are ignoring basic movie/show info and molding the rules to favor you character! The Show is based on the Book! All info in the book is valid for the show UNLESS DISCLAIMED BY THIS. PERIOD.

But once again, your fanaticism won't let you see things clearly.

Azog loses, the poison will still affect him. Oberyn can dodge him for an hour if he needs to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS2IYyywZMs

Oberyn vs The Mountain!

Oberyn was child playing with Gregor!.

Azog dies, whether your fanaticism admits it or not!

Azog isn't faster, nor smarter, nor more cunning than Oberyn! Your Orc dies. Lotr is superior based off the evidence. More superhuman stuff there than in GoT. Blame HBO.

Someone quoted the rules and I posted the exact wording disqualifying the books.

Books, in my opinion, are waters I choose not to tread into. A novelization of, say, an Indiana Jones movie, while much more elaborate in wording and pace, is still not a movie; it's merely an written adaptation that, as history suggests, will improvise, elaborate, and possibly alter certain aspects of the movie it is adapting. The same goes with comic books, manga, and other written works pertaining to certain movies.

Oberyn didn't show he had the stamina to fight for 25 minutes let alone an hour. Unfounded claim. He didn't avoid Gregor for five minutes. He got his spear broken and was tossed inside of five minutes.

Oberyn was killed by someone inferior to Azog and what's worse is the slower Gregor still managed to break his weapon thus disproving your claims he can easily avoid someone for an hour.

Azog never pulled out a weapon from a downed opponent like Oberyn. That's dumb. Oberyn is quicker but he's far less durable and can't withstand one brutal attack from Azog who has dealt with faster, skilled opponents before. Azog breaks the spear if he has to and Oberynndoesnt have another one here.

Josh_Alexander
Lotr is superior based off the evidence. More superhuman stuff there than in GoT. Blame HBO.

Someone quoted the rules and I posted the exact wording disqualifying the books.

Oberyn didn't show he had the stamina to fight for 25 minutes let alone an hour. Unfounded claim. He didn't avoid Gregor for five minutes. He got his spear broken and was tossed inside of five minutes.

Oberyn was killed by someone inferior to Azog and what's worse is the slower Gregor still managed to break his weapon thus disproving your claims he can easily avoid someone for an hour.

Azog never pulled out a weapon from a downed opponent like Oberyn. That's dumb. Oberyn is quicker but he's far less durable and can't withstand one brutal attack from Azog who has dealt with faster, skilled opponents before. Azog breaks the spear if he has to and Oberynndoesnt have another one here.

Not willing to keep discussin the same points over.

You are blinded, you wont take facts, nor evidence, nor logic.

I think itis pretty clear Oberyn wins. At least this time other people also supported my claim....cant say am senseless nor impartial nor do i follow favoritism.

quanchi112
Not willing to keep discussin the same points over.

You are blinded, you wont take facts, nor evidence, nor logic.

I think itis pretty clear Oberyn wins. At least this time other people also supported my claim....cant say am senseless nor impartial nor do i follow favoritism. Due to the same rules being ignorance and the same advantages Azog has being ignored.

In your mind I'm sure but the evidence points to a different outcome. Azog wins. Bigger, stronger, more durable, more experience, and far greater damage soak.

Josh_Alexander
Due to the same rules being ignorance and the same advantages Azog has being ignored.

In your mind I'm sure but the evidence points to a different outcome. Azog wins. Bigger, stronger, more durable, more experience, and far greater damage soak.

Other people supported my claim so isnt like I am inventing nor making up evidence.

But in the end your opinion is always respected.

quanchi112
Other people supported my claim so isnt like I am inventing nor making up evidence.

But in the end your opinion is always respected. I didn't say you made up your conclusion but saying he uses other poison when we don't see him using it on the series is.

I just tend to get passionate about my schedule.

Josh_Alexander
I didn't say you made up your conclusion but saying he uses other poison when we don't see him using it on the series is.

I just tend to get passionate about my schedule.

Hum.

I dont agree with that. A character is able to use his abilities although it wasnt seen on screen, specially if the OP didnt specify.

GoT didnt Show A LOT OF THINGS FROM ASOIF but that doesnt mean it isnt there. Simply they couldnt put everything in the shows...too little episodes..

But it doesnt mean Oberyn only has 1 poison.

Josh_Alexander
Again your opinion is respected.

Darkstorm Zero
X2v3T8v_nn0

Preeety sure this means Oberyn dislikes the use of other poisons because he can't be bothered making them. Instead, he intentionally sticks to Manticore venom.

Darkstorm Zero
Also, I have to wonder about selective memory at times in this board, because Azog infact DOES wear armor.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/82/07/07/820707dff1fdd93f1bc979fdbbafe180.jpg
https://storypunch.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/13-azog.jpg

KingD19
Hum.

I dont agree with that. A character is able to use his abilities although it wasnt seen on screen, specially if the OP didnt specify.

GoT didnt Show A LOT OF THINGS FROM ASOIF but that doesnt mean it isnt there. Simply they couldnt put everything in the shows...too little episodes..

But it doesnt mean Oberyn only has 1 poison.

No, that's exactly what it means based on the rules. Oberyn only used Manticore Venom, which means he only has Manticore Venom. We don't say Jon killed someone with Longclaw before he got the sword because hd didn't. So we can't say Oberyn used poisons he clearly didn't use.

It's a moot point though, as it took forever for Mountain to go down. And Azog is not only more powerful than him in every way, but there's no proof the venom will even work on him. Orcs and Uruk's are essentially birthed from a corrupted sack of goop.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by KingD19
No, that's exactly what it means based on the rules. Oberyn only used Manticore Venom, which means he only has Manticore Venom. We don't say Jon killed someone with Longclaw before he got the sword because hd didn't. So we can't say Oberyn used poisons he clearly didn't use.

It's a moot point though, as it took forever for Mountain to go down. And Azog is not only more powerful than him in every way, but there's no proof the venom will even work on him. Orcs and Uruk's are essentially birthed from a corrupted sack of goop.

And on top of this, if we do use book lore, they are essentially the decendants of tortured and corrupted Elves, so.... yeah, that.

Thorne
azog still got ****ed up by a dwarf

oberyn wins

KingD19

oberyn wins

A dwarf named Thorin Oakenshield. Who killed scores of orcs and was known as one of the best fighters of his era.

Oberyn lost to the mountain and his poison didn't even kill him for a few days.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by KingD19

And on top of this, if we do use book lore, they are essentially the decendants of tortured and corrupted Elves, so.... yeah, that.

No. Oberyn had many Venoms in his closet! That doesnt mean he had to make them. Once again, the type of venom he used against the Mountain was a slow one!

Oberyn intentionally used a slow poison to give time for a confession! Furthermore, Oberyn's history says he studied in the Citadel and learnt about a quite bunch of poisons.

That is HISTORY! Just because we didnt got a WHOLE EPISODE of Oberyn in GoT it doesnt mean Oberyn is no one with no history behind his character.

Once more, Oberyn could use a Faster poison if needed.

Either way, lets say Oberyn goes for the slow one, it shall still be enough to bring down Azog!

He is not fully armored. A pinch at the arms or legs should do the trick.

No. There is no evidence to point that Orcs are immune to poison.

Darkstorm Zero

oberyn wins

Oakenshield was one of the best fighters that race ever produced. All you need to look at is the entire fight throughout Erebor against Smaug. Oberyn would have been either munched or torched.

No. Oberyn had many Venoms in his closet! That doesnt mean he had to make them. Once again, the type of venom he used against the Mountain was a slow one!

That is the only one he chooses to use, according to the commentary and the historical log. If you wanted to use Jackson's commentary on the numbers in one thread, then completely disregard Oberyn's own word on what poison he uses, then you have deliberately chosen to be hypocritical.

Oberyn intentionally used a slow poison to give time for a confession! Furthermore, Oberyn's history says he studied in the Citadel and learnt about a quite bunch of poisons.

That doesn't mean he uses any of those for combat.

That is HISTORY! Just because we didnt got a WHOLE EPISODE of Oberyn in GoT it doesnt mean Oberyn is no one with no history behind his character.

See above, he never used other poisons in combat. Why should we assume he uses any others for this fight then?

Once more, Oberyn could use a Faster poison if needed.

Except you cannot prove that.

Either way, lets say Oberyn goes for the slow one, it shall still be enough to bring down Azog!

Not before Azog rips him to peices. The Orc is a whole lot stronger than Gregor, and considerably faster. Not to mention more battle experienced.

He is not fully armored. A pinch at the arms or legs should do the trick.

Consider this. Azog has survived nicks and far hardier wounds than nicks before. orcs have an unbelievable constitution and pain tolerance threshold. What makes you think Oberyn's little flesh wounds are going to slow Azog down immediately? The answer is they will not.

No. There is no evidence to point that Orcs are immune to poison.

There is no need to be. The poison takes too long to take effect. The immediate pain from the wounds arn't going to slow Azog down in the least, and the Orc only needs a single blow to end Oberyn, who wears light boiled leather for armor. Azog's mace, or even his blade arm will end Oberyn much more effectively than Gregor's sword and headcrush.

Josh_Alexander
Oakenshield was one of the best fighters that race ever produced. All you need to look at is the entire fight throughout Erebor against Smaug. Oberyn would have been either munched or torched.

That is the only one he chooses to use, according to the commentary and the historical log. If you wanted to use Jackson's commentary on the numbers in one thread, then completely disregard Oberyn's own word on what poison he uses, then you have deliberately chosen to be hypocritical.

That doesn't mean he uses any of those for combat.

See above, he never used other poisons in combat. Why should we assume he uses any others for this fight then?

Except you cannot prove that.

Not before Azog rips him to peices. The Orc is a whole lot stronger than Gregor, and considerably faster. Not to mention more battle experienced.

Consider this. Azog has survived nicks and far hardier wounds than nicks before. orcs have an unbelievable constitution and pain tolerance threshold. What makes you think Oberyn's little flesh wounds are going to slow Azog down immediately? The answer is they will not.

There is no need to be. The poison takes too long to take effect. The immediate pain from the wounds arn't going to slow Azog down in the least, and the Orc only needs a single blow to end Oberyn, who wears light boiled leather for armor. Azog's mace, or even his blade arm will end Oberyn much more effectively than Gregor's sword and headcrush.

Never bring such comment on a Thread. It COMPLETELY WEAKENS your points and fragiles your discussion. To say, "He is the best, he is unstoppable, he is the strongest orc". That doesnt mean he will win a fight against another character. As an advice, it only makes you look like a fanatic.

Okay lets leave the fast poison out, although i could revoke your points and keep arguing all day long i shall leave it for the sake of discussion.

Physical damage and chemical/biological intoxication arent the same! His bigger and faster constitution makes it easier for the poison to spread through his body. Saying he will tolerate the venom is irresponsible! The poison also makes him dissy and attacks the brain. He might also feel fatigued! In conclusion a longer venom is STILL A VENOM. Oberyn just has to buy time to let it work!

Oberyn ISNT FIGHTING THE MOUNTAIN! he DOESNT NEED a confesion. He doesnt need to let him live, nor to behave stupidly! Oberyn will have a clear mind! Azog ISNT FASTER than Oberyn! Oberyn will dodge and evade him all match till the Poison works. Then you have a dead orc PERIOD.

Again i always choose the sides with more advantages.

Darkstorm Zero
Never bring such comment on a Thread. It COMPLETELY WEAKENS your points and fragiles your discussion. To say, "He is the best, he is unstoppable, he is the strongest orc". That doesnt mean he will win a fight against another character. As an advice, it only makes you look like a fanatic.

Thats not what I said. Do not Ever put words in my mouth. I never even said anything close to that.

Also, this proves, without a shadow of a doubt, that you do not even read what people post, and instead resort to ad hominem strawmen and red herring attacks. Thus, this will be the last time I treat anything you say seriously ever again... I tried to debate with you normally, but this is the straw that broke this camel's back dude. I cannot trust you to read what I say anymore.

Okay lets leave the fast poison out, although i could revoke your points and keep arguing all day long i shall leave it for the sake of discussion.

I simply dispute the use of any poison other than the one he was shown to use.

Physical damage and chemical/biological intoxication arent the same! His bigger and faster constitution makes it easier for the poison to spread through his body. Saying he will tolerate the venom is irresponsible! The poison also makes him dissy and attacks the brain. He might also feel fatigued! In conclusion a longer venom is STILL A VENOM. Oberyn just has to buy time to let it work!

Bull. You do not know the meaning of the word constitution then. It's the body's capability to resist foreign bodies such as disease, poison, and venom. It could take hours to days for the effect of the venom to work, and Oberyn has only moments. Venom means nothing when you are impaled or bludgeoned to death. And that's assuming he'll hit Azog at all.

Oberyn ISNT FIGHTING THE MOUNTAIN! he DOESNT NEED a confesion. He doesnt need to let him live, nor to behave stupidly! Oberyn will have a clear mind! Azog ISNT FASTER than Oberyn! Oberyn will dodge and evade him all match till the Poison works. Then you have a dead orc PERIOD.

I want you to demonstrate Oberyn fight in this way then, from the show, as the rules demand. Hell, even if we let book stuff in here, there is nothing to say how Oberyn actually fights in direct combat other than his fight with Gregor. You can't attribute a feat or a skill to a man who has not demonstrated it for us to examine. All he have to go on then is vague interpretation and assumption.

Again i always choose the sides with more advantages.

No, you choose the side you favor the most, and you do not listen to, or even bother to read the posts of anyone who disagrees. For this reason, I will not treat you as a serious debater any further until such a time as you can actually provide proof of your assertions in a sufficient manner, or concede the points you refuse to argue.

~Good day to you, from DSZ~

Josh_Alexander
Thats not what I said. Do not Ever put words in my mouth. I never even said anything close to that.

Do you take me for a fool!!!???

Darkstorm Zero:

Read your own words!

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero Also, this proves, without a shadow of a doubt, that you do not even read what people post, and instead resort to ad hominem strawmen and red herring attacks. Thus, this will be the last time I treat anything you say seriously ever again... I tried to debate with you normally, but this is the straw that broke this camel's back dude. I cannot trust you to read what I say anymore.

This proves you dont even READ what you words!

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero Bull. You do not know the meaning of the word constitution then. It's the body's capability to resist foreign bodies such as disease, poison, and venom. It could take hours to days for the effect of the venom to work, and Oberyn has only moments. Venom means nothing when you are impaled or bludgeoned to death. And that's assuming he'll hit Azog at all.

Body constitution are the characteristics of the body! Are you sure you know the meaning of the word? It could take half an hour or hours to die, however the side effects can take minutes!!!!!! Azog will get dissy, headaques....All the symptoms associated with the venom! And Oberyn can get the time, i dont have a doubt about that!

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero I want you to demonstrate Oberyn fight in this way then, from the show, as the rules demand. Hell, even if we let book stuff in here, there is nothing to say how Oberyn actually fights in direct combat other than his fight with Gregor. You can't attribute a feat or a skill to a man who has not demonstrated it for us to examine. All he have to go on then is vague interpretation and assumption.

He doesnt fight as stupidly as he did against the Mountain i can assure you that! He was COMPLETELY IRRESPONSIBLE when he got close to the Mountain to try bring out the Confession! The Mountain was already doomed! Dont be a fool! The show didnt spent much on its secondary characters! But it is SURE Oberyn doesnt fight with everyone trying to get confessions from them!

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero No, you choose the side you favor the most, and you do not listen to, or even bother to read the posts of anyone who disagrees. For this reason, I will not treat you as a serious debater any further until such a time as you can actually provide proof of your assertions in a sufficient manner, or concede the points you refuse to argue.

~Good day to you, from DSZ~

If i were to choose the side i favor the most there would be no way i could stand a chance against you stubborn people! I would participate in every thread just for the sake of supporting my favorite characters!

I dont care if you or anyone takes me serious or not. As long as i have evidence and proofs to reboke your points am a formidable debater!

I think before replying! I dont let feelings nor fanaticism get into me, thats what makes me a FORMIDABLE Debater!

You should try it some time.

Good day to you too.

Nibedicus
Why don't you challenge DSZ to a BZ then to see if you are really a "formidable debater" beyond that being your own opinion of yourself.

Josh_Alexander
Why don't you challenge DSZ to a BZ then to see if you are really a "formidable debater" beyond that being your own opinion of yourself.

What?

Lol, am sorry if you dont seem to be able to outmatch me in a debate.

Its not my problem you guys dont consider both sides before posting a reply!

Like you supporting Wolverine although you know he gets butchered

Dont get me wrong! I am a greater Marvel fan than am a GoT one! Yet i still pick reason over fanaticism. If you havent notice, i have a marvel character as my profile pic, that should proof enough that i am a fair discusser, not a fanatic one!

As i said, i dont consider myself a bad debater, its not my fault in the end that you can cope with me!

Nibedicus
What?

Lol, am sorry if you dont seem to be able to outmatch me in a debate.

Its not my problem you guys dont consider both sides before posting a reply!

Like you supporting Wolverine although you know he gets butchered

Dont get me wrong! I am a greater Marvel fan than am a GoT one! Yet i still pick reason over fanaticism. If you havent notice, i have a marvel character as my profile pic, that should proof enough that i am a fair discusser, not a fanatic one!

As i said, i dont consider myself a bad debater, its not my fault in the end that you can cope with me!

Lol. Don't be mad.

I simply said that you should prove yourself so that your opinion of yourself is more than just that. Don't see why you seem very defensive about. /shrug

Josh_Alexander
Lol. Don't be mad.

I simply said that you should prove yourself so that your opinion of yourself is more than just that. Don't see why you seem very defensive about. /shrug

Am not defensive at all, i just got to reply wink

Naah, Dark is a good debater, it doesnt have to get personal.

Nibedicus
Am not defensive at all, i just got to reply wink

Naah, Dark is a good debater, it doesnt have to get personal.

A BZ is not personal. It's a way to prove one's position within a judged environment so that ppl don't go back and forth pointlessly.

Best, however, not to pack oneself in the back unless you and your views have been tested (hell not even then, humility is always a good thing). How old are you? You seem very young.

Josh_Alexander
A BZ is not personal. It's a way to prove one's position within a judged environment so that ppl don't go back and forth pointlessly.

Best, however, not to pack oneself in the back unless you and your views have been tested (hell not even then, humility is always a good thing). How old are you? You seem very young.

Hmmm i have never participated in such myself...Am alien to it. I dont like what i dont know, and i dont reply on things i dont know.

Age is relative, age is a lie.

Darkstorm Zero
Do you take me for a fool!!!???

Darkstorm Zero:

Read your own words!

What does Thorin Oakenshield have to do with orcs then? What does that comment , one I provided evidence for in the Smaug fight, suddenly make my argument weak? You have no consistency on your rebuke and furthermore you insult my intelligence.

This proves you dont even READ what you words!

Oh I do. You just don't form anything resembling coherent and rational responses. So much so you throw out insulting drivel and expect me to sit there and take your shit.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-21-2017/3KQPXF.gif

Body constitution are the characteristics of the body! Are you sure you know the meaning of the word? It could take half an hour or hours to die, however the side effects can take minutes!!!!!! Azog will get dissy, headaques....All the symptoms associated with the venom! And Oberyn can get the time, i dont have a doubt about that!

Give me evidence these are symptoms of Manticore venom. I'm not going to take you at your word any further, so show me the evidence.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/400x/64212366/show-me-the-proof-i-need-evidence.jpg

He doesnt fight as stupidly as he did against the Mountain i can assure you that! He was COMPLETELY IRRESPONSIBLE when he got close to the Mountain to try bring out the Confession! The Mountain was already doomed! Dont be a fool! The show didnt spent much on its secondary characters! But it is SURE Oberyn doesnt fight with everyone trying to get confessions from them!

Again, give me evidence, not empty words. If you cannot do this, at least have the testicular fortitude to admit it.

If i were to choose the side i favor the most there would be no way i could stand a chance against you stubborn people! I would participate in every thread just for the sake of supporting my favorite characters!

I dont care if you or anyone takes me serious or not. As long as i have evidence and proofs to reboke your points am a formidable debater!

Except you have never once shown evidence for anything you have ever said in any thread you have participated in! You have literally spun the wheels of threads for pages in your stubbornness

I think before replying! I dont let feelings nor fanaticism get into me, thats what makes me a FORMIDABLE Debater!

You should try it some time.

Good day to you too.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ea/6d/d4/ea6dd4e2d6d2879dd8db44ba0708c749--funny-picture-jokes-funny-pics.jpg

I literally could not give less of a f**k about what you think you do before replying if I tried.

Imagine the tiny genitalia of an ant rubbing up against the giant labial folds of a blue whale. That is how much of a f**k I do not have to give you.

Josh_Alexander
What does Thorin Oakenshield have to do with orcs then? What does that comment , one I provided evidence for in the Smaug fight, suddenly make my argument weak? You have no consistency on your rebuke and furthermore you insult my intelligence.

Oh I do. You just don't form anything resembling coherent and rational responses. So much so you throw out insulting drivel and expect me to sit there and take your shit.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-21-2017/3KQPXF.gif

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/Josh-Alexander/f_zpsmidobcef.jpg

You really want to 'hit and run' here?

I quote and you say:

"Oakenshield was one of the best fighters that race ever produced.

You are the Hit and Run type of guys huh!?

"All you need to look at is the entire fight throughout Erebor against Smaug. Oberyn would have been either munched or torched."

You are the Hit and Run type of guys huh!? A clear sign of Fanaticism and Favoritism. You use Oakenshield as to say that Oakenshield is such a Great warror, he is so majestic, so powerful...Blah Blah Blah!!! Then you try to bring Oberyn to the statement. In that moment it's clear you use Oakenshield as a back channel to say that Azog beats Oberyn because he beats Oakenshield.

Your FANATICISM IS ASTONISHING! And the worst is that you take me for a fool, and try to say this doesn't belong to the thread and has nothing to do with it. Well then WHY THE F*** do you even bring the topic!? THAT IS CLEARLY BREAKING OF FORUM RULES! This thread doesn't CONCERN Oakenshield!

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero Give me evidence these are symptoms of Manticore venom. I'm not going to take you at your word any further, so show me the evidence.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/400x/64212366/show-me-the-proof-i-need-evidence.jpg

Again, give me evidence, not empty words. If you cannot do this, at least have the testicular fortitude to admit it.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Poison

http://non-aliencreatures.wikia.com/wiki/Manticore_(Game_of_Thrones)

Giving you evidence so i can further SMASH your points is a pleasure!!! It clearly says that the venom causes extreme agony! When i said dissiness
headaches etc, i was just generalizing. Since you asked for evidence there you got it! Azog will ****ing have agony all the way before his dead! IRREFUTABLE PROOFS!

Furthermore! It also says in the second link that Oberyn INTENTIONALLY TAMPERED with the venom to make the Venom delay longer when fighting Ser Gregor! That means that the venom is naturally a fast killer! That means that Oberyn can use a faster venom! HAHAHA. See!? You sunk more into the dung for asking for proofs!!!

Except you have never once shown evidence for anything you have ever said in any thread you have participated in! You have literally spun the wheels of threads for pages in your stubbornness

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ea/6d/d4/ea6dd4e2d6d2879dd8db44ba0708c749--funny-picture-jokes-funny-pics.jpg

You are really an idiot!

I only bring evidence when asked to. Isn't like i lie or i bring topics without proof like YOU! I've always given evidence when needed. Like i just did.

The only stubborn Fanatic here is you my friend.

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero I literally could not give less of a f**k about what you think you do before replying if I tried.

Imagine the tiny genitalia of an ant rubbing up against the giant labial folds of a blue whale. That is how much of a f**k I do not have to give you.

Lol!

Don't worry DarkStorm Zero, its common for people who can't defend their points to use personal harming comments.

You should know me better by now! Personal comments just weakens your points...But i guess you are just learning your way through debate.

BUT DON'T WORRY!!! I...I.....I...
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/Josh-Alexander/g_zpsi3bdrzjf.gif

quanchi112
Hum.

But it doesnt mean Oberyn only has 1 poison. That's why we don't argue based off the books unless you're in the foreign cinema. Otherwise it's too much wiggle room. My point is with all of these guys I only argue based off what they do not all the possibilities that way the parameters are understood and we can't go off the radar.

Josh_Alexander
That's why we don't argue based off the books unless you're in the foreign cinema. Otherwise it's too much wiggle room. My point is with all of these guys I only argue based off what they do not all the possibilities that way the parameters are understood and we can't go off the radar.

As i said you can't ignore the background info of a character. Although We didn't got the stories of Oberyn in the Show it doesn't mean Oberyn is just another common fighter.

What am saying is, that in this specific case, that rule doesn't match since then you are taking Oberyn as a ghost who just appeared in one episode who has no info to back up his character.

It's like saying Oberyn is just Oberyn. You are not taking it as if Oberyn is the Red Viper (The mighty Dornish Warrior who uses poison and has never lost a fight).

See my point? It would destroy Oberyn's character if we limit him to Screen only info.

quanchi112
As i said you can't ignore the background info of a character. Although We didn't got the stories of Oberyn in the Show it doesn't mean Oberyn is just another common fighter.

What am saying is, that in this specific case, that rule doesn't match since then you are taking Oberyn as a ghost who just appeared in one episode who has no info to back up his character.

It's like saying Oberyn is just Oberyn. You are not taking it as if Oberyn is the Red Viper (The mighty Dornish Warrior who uses poison and has never lost a fight).

See my point? It would destroy Oberyn's character if we limit him to Screen only info. We have to adhere to the rules of that forum. This is just the tv show vs the film version. You won't ever hear me say anything about Lotr books because it's just the film version.

We can only use his showings from the season. He showed greatness but it only lasted one fight. We have to follow the same rules for both characters.

Josh_Alexander
We have to adhere to the rules of that forum. This is just the tv show vs the film version. You won't ever hear me say anything about Lotr books because it's just the film version.

We can only use his showings from the season. He showed greatness but it only lasted one fight. We have to follow the same rules for both characters.

Hum, one way or the next. It is still certain that Oberyn lost his battle with the Mountain because of personal feelings.

It is also certain that Oberyn was toying Gregor all match to make him confess.

In that aspect I can safely assure you that Oberyn is a lot better than what he portrayed on that fight. It would still fall under the Forum's rules.

It's a shame though. A secondary character who doesn't get enough time on screen to properly fulfill his background history gets severely affected by this rule.

quanchi112
Hum, one way or the next. It is still certain that Oberyn lost his battle with the Mountain because of personal feelings.

It is also certain that Oberyn was toying Gregor all match to make him confess.

In that aspect I can safely assure you that Oberyn is a lot better than what he portrayed on that fight. It would still fall under the Forum's rules.

It's a shame though. A secondary character who doesn't get enough time to properly fulfill his background history gets severely affected by this rule. I've argued for years Oberyn destroyed Gregor. He only lost due to his own arrogance but Azog is someone far greater than Gregor.

Well in a way less showings also can help the characters since they don't have any lame showings. He dominated Gregor and only lost due to pride. Gregor has never impressed me though and he'd be torn to shreds by many, many other characters.

Josh_Alexander
I've argued for years Oberyn destroyed Gregor. He only lost due to his own arrogance but Azog is someone far greater than Gregor.

Well in a way less showings also can help the characters since they don't have any lame showings. He dominated Gregor and only lost due to pride. Gregor has never impressed me though and he'd be torn to shreds by many, many other characters.

Yes but Azog isn't much different than Gregor. He is a bit faster and stronger yes, but i don't see him being able to cope with a fast fighter like Oberyn.

Oberyn is to agile and fast for Azog. And as i said, the poison is still there. Oberyn knows this, and won't do anything stupid as he did with the Mountain in this case.

So, the same ending as with the Mountain isn't possible.

quanchi112
Yes but Azog isn't much different than Gregor. He is a bit faster and stronger yes, but i don't see him being able to cope with a fast fighter like Oberyn.

Oberyn is to agile and fast for Azog. And as i said, the poison is still there. Oberyn knows this, and won't do anything stupid as he did with the Mountain in this case.

So, the same ending as with the Mountain isn't possible. Thorin was quicker and his son took on Legolas who is agile and very quick. Azog was the greatest Orc ever seen.

He doesn't need that ending to prevail.

Josh_Alexander
Thorin was quicker and his son took on Legolas who is agile and very quick. Azog was the greatest Orc ever seen.

Naah, still Oberyn is faster.

The only way Azog could win this one, is if he corners Oberyn.

But Oberyn is an arena warrior, he would clearly easily keep his distance.

Josh_Alexander
Thorin was quicker and his son took on Legolas who is agile and very quick. Azog was the greatest Orc ever seen.

Sorry how does Thorin and Azog relate? Am puzzled.

quanchi112
Naah, still Oberyn is faster.

The only way Azog could win this one, is if he corners Oberyn.

But Oberyn is an arena warrior, he would clearly easily keep his distance. Oberyn is quicker but he isn't quick enough to defeat Azog who has the strength, durability, damage soak, and better weapons edge.

Gregor broke his spear and tossed him so even he closed the distance.

quanchi112
Sorry how does Thorin and Azog relate? Am puzzled. It shows Azog can take on quicker foes just fine. The guy is a highly skilled brute and merciless Orc.

Josh_Alexander
It shows Azog can take on quicker foes just fine. The guy is a highly skilled brute and merciless Orc.

It shows Azog can take on quicker foes just fine. The guy is a highly skilled brute and merciless Orc.

Oberyn is much faster than any of those dwarves. So no, Oberun can still evade him.

The lance will pierce him, then its just a matter of time how long will the venom take to react. So in that aspect, Oberyn still has an edge advanatage.

quanchi112
Oberyn is much faster than any of those dwarves. So no, Oberun can still evade him.

The lance will pierce him, then its just a matter of time how long will the venom take to react. So in that aspect, Oberyn still has an edge advanatage. Oberyn was still caught by someone far slower than dwarves or orcs. Plus I don't agree he's quicker with a weapon than Thorin.

We didn't see the venom react to Gregor at all before he used his strength to kill him. He was impaled as well. Azog is much stronger and more resistant than Gregor.

Josh_Alexander
Oberyn was still caught by someone far slower than dwarves or orcs. Plus I don't agree he's quicker with a weapon than Thorin.

We didn't see the venom react to Gregor at all before he used his strength to kill him. He was impaled as well. Azog is much stronger and more resistant than Gregor.

He wanted a confession and got near the mountain. The samething wont happen here.

I made some research, it appears Oberyn tampered the manticore venom to delay its effect. So that means the venom reacts faster than seen on screen.

Either way, Oberyn can evade Azog for hours if need be. And every minute Azog gets weaker too.

Darkstorm Zero
Can you prove that? And if true, what is the immediate effect? Venom can take minutes to hours to days to take effect.

Josh_Alexander
Can you prove that? And if true, what is the immediate effect? Venom can take minutes to hours to days to take effect.

https://books.google.com.gt/books?id=8xYZCAAAQBAJ&pg=PA108&lpg=PA108&dq=Manticore+venom+speed+Game+of+Thrones&source=bl&ots=uB4YwssJia&sig=YHi_Gd4-PGq4Ma_LDUjWETvYN7M&hl=es&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjfl-z637vWAhWKOyYKHXqfBcsQ6AEIigEwFg#v=onepage& amp;q=Manticore%20venom%20speed%20Game%20of%20Thro
nes&f=false

Page 109. Clearly states that manticore venom can kill instantly! Also says that Oberyn tampered it to delay it.

https://youtu.be/IEFpUZGs4d8

Also states that Oberyn thickened the venom to prolong its effects!

Manticore venom is saod to kill instantly and is one of the strongets poisons there is.

Again, i do have evidence to back up my claims. Now may it help you as a reminder next time you question me!

Darkstorm Zero
https://books.google.com.gt/books?id=8xYZCAAAQBAJ&pg=PA108&lpg=PA108&dq=Manticore+venom+speed+Game+of+Thrones&source=bl&ots=uB4YwssJia&sig=YHi_Gd4-PGq4Ma_LDUjWETvYN7M&hl=es&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjfl-z637vWAhWKOyYKHXqfBcsQ6AEIigEwFg#v=onepage& amp;q=Manticore%20venom%20speed%20Game%20of%20Thro
nes&f=false

Page 109. Clearly states that manticore venom can kill instantly! Also says that Oberyn tampered it to delay it.

https://youtu.be/IEFpUZGs4d8

Also states that Oberyn thickened the venom to prolong its effects!

Manticore venom is saod to kill instantly and is one of the strongets poisons there is.

Again, i do have evidence to back up my claims. Now may it help you as a reminder next time you question me!

You send me a book page that has no mention of the speed of Manticore venom anywhere on it in it's unthickened state,

https://orig00.deviantart.net/ffa7/f/2017/266/1/8/josh_alexander_s_evidence_by_darkstormzero-dbobbv2.png

Thats a screenshot of said evidence so people can see I'm not bullshitting.

And the other is a fanmade video.... Wait a second here...

The video you posted is wrong.

Choke with my evidence.

Not following your folly.

The video I posted is an official HBO Video that comes with the DVD, right. Thats official information written my Martin, Benioff and Weiss. Yet that's false, and your fanmade video is true?!?!?!

Can someone PLEASE confirm this foolishness? I'm not the only one reading this absolute nonsense am I?

Josh_Alexander
You send me a book page that has no mention of the speed of Manticore venom anywhere on it in it's unthickened state,

https://orig00.deviantart.net/ffa7/f/2017/266/1/8/josh_alexander_s_evidence_by_darkstormzero-dbobbv2.png

Thats a screenshot of said evidence so people can see I'm not bullshitting.

And the other is a fanmade video.... Wait a second here...

The video I posted is an official HBO Video that comes with the DVD, right. Thats official information written my Martin, Benioff and Weiss. Yet that's false, and your fanmade video is true?!?!?!

Can someone PLEASE confirm this foolishness? I'm not the only one reading this absolute nonsense am I?

Yes you are clear FOOL.

I said page 109 not 108!
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/Josh-Alexander/Screenshot_20170923-111813_zps4ixblko2.png

Read first lines. Watch your points get broken.

Darkstorm Zero
Yes you are clear FOOL.

I said page 109 not 108!
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/Josh-Alexander/Screenshot_20170923-111813_zps4ixblko2.png

Read first lines. Watch your points get broken.

I already defeated this post.

The video I posted takes presedent over both your fan video and book pages in this part of the forum. You MAY have had a point in the foreign cinema of Spacebattles thread, but not here.

Josh_Alexander
X2v3T8v_nn0

Preeety sure this means Oberyn dislikes the use of other poisons because he can't be bothered making them. Instead, he intentionally sticks to Manticore venom.

I was unaware of this evidence.

But clearly your evidence i now use to demolish your own points!

He did say he wont use them, but if you hear all the descriptions of the different venoms, the are not fast killers.

He clearly states at the end he gets bored for waiting! Therefore he shows manticore venom. Which as i have proven before, is a fast killer!

It makes perfect sense, since The tears of lys or the strangler or the Basilisk's venom have terrible side effects and takes a long and painful death.

However the Manticores one is a sat venom, and easy to obtain.

In the battle with the mountain HE TAMPERED AND THICKENED the poison to delay its speed! As i have ALSO PROVEN.

Your video in fact, assesses my points. Manticore venom is a fast killer.

Josh_Alexander
I already defeated this post.

The video I posted takes presedent over both your fan video and book pages in this part of the forum. You MAY have had a point in the foreign cinema of Spacebattles thread, but not here.

The video you posted doesnt say Manticore venom is a slow killer.

Again my point is still valid.

Darkstorm Zero
I was unaware of this evidence.

But clearly your evidence i now use to demolish your own points!

He did say he wont use them, but if you hear all the descriptions of the different venoms, the are not fast killers.

He clearly states at the end he gets bored for waiting! Therefore he shows manticore venom. Which as i have proven before, is a fast killer!

It makes perfect sense, since The tears of lys or the strangler or the Basilisk's venom have terrible side effects and takes a long and painful death.

However the Manticores one is a sat venom, and easy to obtain.

In the battle with the mountain HE TAMPERED AND THICKENED the poison to delay its speed! As i have ALSO PROVEN.

Your video in fact, assesses my points. Manticore venom is a fast killer.

Watch it again. It says we have to make sure it is WORTH the wait.

He used the mantiore venom on his sword when he was 16 when he fought the Great Lord, and the wound festered after the battle, and he died later. The way it is read, once the Manticore Venom reaches the heart, then it is absolutely fatal, and that makes sense as the poison rots away the muscle tissue. But like all things, it takes time for the poison to reach the heart. Some times it takes minutes, sometimes it takes hours, but never is a poison instantly fatal. Especially animal venom. Not even box jellyfish or rockfish or pufferfish venom is that fast.

Now, exhibit number 2

4NgIoIcTNoA

I want you to watch this video, and tell me where in the show, anywhere, that they mentioned the Manticore venom was thickened.

Here is where the point of contention will be. You will say that the books proved it/ But, unfortunately, the books are not admissable here in the Movie vs Forum as per ruling by Impediment. If this were in the Foreign Cinema All Vs, or Spacebattles, I would not even be arguing this with you because you'd have had more of a point. And I'm not arguing out of stubbornness Josh, I'm arguing these points with you because it's better me than some of the people who would take you to task much more harshly and hurl a lot more personal insults than I ever did. People on these forums lack.... patience for anything they deem foolish.

Like I said, I really AM trying to help you here.

Josh_Alexander
Watch it again. It says we have to make sure it is WORTH the wait.

He used the mantiore venom on his sword when he was 16 when he fought the Great Lord, and the wound festered after the battle, and he died later. The way it is read, once the Manticore Venom reaches the heart, then it is absolutely fatal, and that makes sense as the poison rots away the muscle tissue. But like all things, it takes time for the poison to reach the heart. Some times it takes minutes, sometimes it takes hours, but never is a poison instantly fatal. Especially animal venom. Not even box jellyfish or rockfish or pufferfish venom is that fast.

Now, exhibit number 2

4NgIoIcTNoA

I want you to watch this video, and tell me where in the show, anywhere, that they mentioned the Manticore venom was thickened.

Here is where the point of contention will be. You will say that the books proved it/ But, unfortunately, the books are not admissable here in the Movie vs Forum as per ruling by Impediment. If this were in the Foreign Cinema All Vs, or Spacebattles, I would not even be arguing this with you because you'd have had more of a point. And I'm not arguing out of stubbornness Josh, I'm arguing these points with you because it's better me than some of the people who would take you to task much more harshly and hurl a lot more personal insults than I ever did. People on these forums lack.... patience for anything they deem foolish.

Like I said, I really AM trying to help you here.

Where in the show is it say it is a slow poison!?

No, worth waiting cause he tampers it to delay its effects.

For instance if the venom takes 1 hour to kill, it will now take 3.
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/Josh-Alexander/20170923_120906_zpszlfsue0h.png

Here bring more proof. Oberyn thickens the poison!

He is a known master of poisons, he has knowledge on how to tamper the venom, that makes my evieence factible.

Darkstorm Zero
Where in the show is it say it is a slow poison!?

No, worth waiting cause he tampers it to delay its effects.

For instance if the venom takes 1 hour to kill, it will now take 3.
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/Josh-Alexander/20170923_120906_zpszlfsue0h.png

Here bring more proof. Oberyn thickens the poison!

He is a known master of poisons, he has knowledge on how to tamper the venom, that makes my evieence factible.

A Feast for Crows, Chapter 7, Cersei II. Their poisonous sting is fatal to humans, with venom that kills the instant it reaches the heart. As in, once it reaches it.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Manticore

The show does not use the thickening subplot, that's the point I'm making. it's not referenced even once outside of the book.

Now, I need sleep, it's 4am, and you've run out my clock.

Josh_Alexander
A Feast for Crows, Chapter 7, Cersei II. Their poisonous sting is fatal to humans, with venom that kills the instant it reaches the heart. As in, once it reaches it.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Manticore

The show does not use the thickening subplot, that's the point I'm making. it's not referenced even once outside of the book.

Now, I need sleep, it's 4am, and you've run out my clock.

It is not contradicted outside the books neither.

The show didnt say or contradict it.

So your statement isnt strong enough to repel my evidence.

Darkstorm Zero
It is not contradicted outside the books neither.

The show didnt say or contradict it.

So your statement isnt strong enough to repel my evidence.

For the purposes of vs debates, yes it is. You saying it is not does not make it so. You need to prove something is so, I don;t have to prove it is not so, that is called burden of evidence. and my evidence is that Gregor did not die immediately, and that nothing has been mentioned within the show that Oberyn slowed the poison.

Josh_Alexander
For the purposes of vs debates, yes it is. You saying it is not does not make it so. You need to prove something is so, I don;t have to prove it is not so, that is called burden of evidence. and my evidence is that Gregor did not die immediately, and that nothing has been mentioned within the show that Oberyn slowed the poison.

Hum. Okay, for the sake of debate then i shall grant you that. Although Oberyns experience with venom means he can easily tamper them to his will.

But for the sake of debate, lets say it isnt that fast.

Still i that doesnt mean Azog wins, he is just prolonging the fight.

Darkstorm Zero
Hum. Okay, for the sake of debate then i shall grant you that. Although Oberyns experience with venom means he can easily tamper them to his will.

But for the sake of debate, lets say it isnt that fast.

Still i that doesnt mean Azog wins, he is just prolonging the fight.

Like I said, if this were Foreign Cinema, or Spacebattles, you'd have me on point, and i would not be making the argument.

That being said, Azog's abilities to withstand poison and disease as an Orc is well known. These guys are built for that kind of rancid lifestyle... With that said, it's a lot more to do with wether or not Oberyn can actually put Azog down before he gets squashed. Unlike a human, Azog isn't going to flinch from pain and back away like most men in GOT that Oberyn fought in the pits.

I dunno... I simply don't see Oberyn pulling a win against someone like Azog. He is very very good at fighting men, even monsterous men like Gregor. I'd even give him odds on to win against freaks like Maelys the Monstrous, but Azog is so unlike a human in both looks and reactions that Oberyn may well be thrown off his game.

Josh_Alexander
Like I said, if this were Foreign Cinema, or Spacebattles, you'd have me on point, and i would not be making the argument.

That being said, Azog's abilities to withstand poison and disease as an Orc is well known. These guys are built for that kind of rancid lifestyle... With that said, it's a lot more to do with wether or not Oberyn can actually put Azog down before he gets squashed. Unlike a human, Azog isn't going to flinch from pain and back away like most men in GOT that Oberyn fought in the pits.

I dunno... I simply don't see Oberyn pulling a win against someone like Azog. He is very very good at fighting men, even monsterous men like Gregor. I'd even give him odds on to win against freaks like Maelys the Monstrous, but Azog is so unlike a human in both looks and reactions that Oberyn may well be thrown off his game.

I manage to find stronger evidence.

This was taken from collection's edition: Game of Thrones: An inside guide to the Hit Show.
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/Josh-Alexander/Screenshot_20170923-194343_zpslf9sdtmz.png

It is stronger evidence because it is based on the show. Again Oberyn delayed the poison.

Oberyn is too fast for the Orc. He will spear him to death!

Darkstorm Zero
I manage to find stronger evidence.

This was taken from collection's edition: Game of Thrones: An inside guide to the Hit Show.
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj531/Josh-Alexander/Screenshot_20170923-194343_zpslf9sdtmz.png

It is stronger evidence because it is based on the show. Again Oberyn delayed the poison.

Oberyn is too fast for the Orc. He will spear him to death!

Again, I refer you to the clip of the actual show.

4NgIoIcTNoA

This is the scene where that line was meant to be said. But there is no mention of the thickening. I need you to focus on the show here dude. As I mentioned before, you'll get railroaded by far worse than I if you continue to assert you are correct when you are not. I know it is difficult to accept, but sometimes you gotta lit things go.

Now, as to your assertion of Oberyn's lithness, None can say he is slow by any means, however, Azog has fought fast opponents before. Fast, Stong, experienced, small and large foes. The battle for Moria proves it, as does his fights with other orcs seen in the first hobbit movie, and later his fights in 5 Armies, against speedsters like Elves.

As good as Oberyn may or may not be, he is no Elf. He is fast, but not Elf fast. Bolg fights off Elves, and his father Azog brushes Elves aside.

quanchi112
He wanted a confession and got near the mountain. The samething wont happen here.

I made some research, it appears Oberyn tampered the manticore venom to delay its effect. So that means the venom reacts faster than seen on screen.

Either way, Oberyn can evade Azog for hours if need be. And every minute Azog gets weaker too. He will have to get close just as he did to Gregor prior to his defeat.

Well he uses the same poison seen on the show. There's no proof he can avoid Gregor for minutes since he failed to do so on the show.

Josh_Alexander
He will have to get close just as he did to Gregor prior to his defeat.

Well he uses the same poison seen on the show. There's no proof he can avoid Gregor for minutes since he failed to do so on the show.

Why would he have to get close?

He doesnt. He got close to the Mountain to make him confess, i dont see how he wilk do that with Azog.

quanchi112
Why would he have to get close?

He doesnt. He got close to the Mountain to make him confess, i dont see how he wilk do that with Azog. Due to him getting very close to strike Gregor in their duel. He doesn't need to get close to hear him confess. His ears work. He let his guard down due to arrogance but was close to Gregor most of the fight.

Josh_Alexander
Due to him getting very close to strike Gregor in their duel. He doesn't need to get close to hear him confess. His ears work. He let his guard down due to arrogance but was close to Gregor most of the fight.

Lol, he speared him several times.

And he is still fast enough to avoid that big mace of Azog!

Furthermore, Oberyn was playing and making fun of Gregor the whole match. Dancing and spinning. It was obvious he was being careless and not fighting seriously.

Azog won't be able to get him.

quanchi112
Lol, he speared him several times.

And he is still fast enough to avoid that big mace of Azog!

Furthermore, Oberyn was playing and making fun of Gregor the whole match. Dancing and spinning. It was obvious he was being careless and not fighting seriously.

Azog won't be able to get him. And he was close when he did so.

He wasn't fast enough to avoid the sword which destroyed his spear. Azog would break his spear as well.

Yes, Oberyn was but he was still tossed and had his weapon broken despite his arrogance.

Josh_Alexander
And he was close when he did so.

He wasn't fast enough to avoid the sword which destroyed his spear. Azog would break his spear as well.

Yes, Oberyn was but he was still tossed and had his weapon broken despite his arrogance.

Lol i still don't see how will Azog be able to hit him. He is too agile for Azog.

He will stab and retreat.

Also Azog has only one arm, which would make it harder to fight a fast opponent.

You know this is Arena Combat right? That means that just like in the show, there is people with back up weapons in case something like that happens.

If his spear breaks, he can get another.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>