Nekron in the Cancerverse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Would Nekron become impotent in the Cancerverse, or would he be able to reverse it's effects, making it a stable reality? In essence, could he replace Death by filling in for the role on a permanent basis? Or would he be destroyed?

zopzop
Nekron would own that universe near instantly. He's not "just" a Death abstract. He's also sentient Darkness and the Void (like Oblivion) too.

Void and Darkness Scan
https://s26.postimg.org/rgwt430v9/1499345-blackest_night_8_of_8_page_11.jpg

Death Abstract Scan
https://s26.postimg.org/o8sbr1elh/1862058-322px_nekron_007.jpg

Galan007
Originally posted by Stoic
Would Nekron become impotent in the Cancerverse, or would he be able to reverse it's effects, making it a stable reality? In essence, could he replace Death by filling in for the role on a permanent basis? Or would he be destroyed? As zop mentioned: Nekron doesn't just embody death, but void/oblivion as well... And since the entirety of that universe is already dead, everything in it would instantly become his. thumb up

Stoic
But I thought that the Cancerverse was the opposite of Death? Nothing can die there, because it is void of Death.

Galan007
Correct. Death initially didn't exist in the Cancerverse, which made its populace effectively immortal... But when Death was reintroduced into that actuality, it instantly overtook everything:
https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t/36221925_The_Thanos_Imperative_06-011.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t/36221926_The_Thanos_Imperative_06-012.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t/36221927_The_Thanos_Imperative_06-013.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t/36221928_The_Thanos_Imperative_06-014.jpg https://s7d7.turboimg.net/t/36221929_The_Thanos_Imperative_06-015.jpg

...Which is exactly what we'd see if Nekron appeared there -- except he'd likely resurrect them as his zombie-slaves. thumb up

quanchi112
They destroy Nekron.

thumb up

zopzop
Originally posted by quanchi112
They destroy Nekron.

thumb up
Nyet!

quanchi112
Originally posted by zopzop
Nyet! Nekron fails, good sir.

Zack M
Nekron, casually.

"Id"
I swear did we skip some pages in this arc??? There is more to Death simply showing up and wiping out the Cancerverse.

quanchi112
Originally posted by "Id"
I swear did we skip some pages in this arc??? There is more to Death simply showing up and wiping out the Cancerverse. thumb up

DarkSaint85
thumb up

What pages were skipped?

Honest q, btw.

Galan007
Nothing is missing, lol. I posted the entire scene sequentially(yes, it happened THAT quick, Id.)

quanchi doesn't read comics, so randomly 'thumbs-upping' like that is pretty much his only go-to these days.

...thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What pages were skipped?

Honest q, btw. Entire point of the arc.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
Nothing is missing, lol. I posted the entire scene sequentially(yes, it happened THAT quick, Id.)

quanchi doesn't read comics, so randomly 'thumbs-upping' like that is pretty much his only go-to these days.

...thumb up I not only read them I grasp them unlike yourself. But since you begged for me to debate I'll counter your ridiculous stance. Death was allowed in to close to Mar-vell which was the lynchpin to the entire cancerverse epidemic. It's right in the scan you posted. Once she took him and this was possible due to the close proximity she was to his undying heart. It wasn't her just coming to the universe. laughing out loud

Yw.

thumb up

That's for me since I earned it.

Galan007
laughing out loud

So like I said: once death was reintroduced into that actuality, it overtook everything.

Your 'non-points' used to be better than this... Your hatred toward me has blinded you. #Triggered

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oKIPzLXQYb2Bn5PLG/giphy.gif

...Anywho, back to ignore you go. thumb up

quanchi112
laughing out loud

So like I said: once death was reintroduced into that actuality, it overtook everything.

Your 'non-points' used to be better than this... Your hatred toward me has blinded you. #Triggered

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oKIPzphy.gif

...Anywho, back to ignore you go. thumb up It is right in the scan you posted. It wasn't her being reintroduced it was her taking his undying heart which caused everything to occur. Your scan actually literally says what brings this about. How did you misunderstand your own scan ?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d7/4a/90/d74a90ae2a935114716b951a72f51f45.jpg

I'm enjoying correcting you. Don't you dare ever question my debating prowess again. Now begone.

"Id"

...thumb up

But you read the comic and so does Zop. It seems that there is so much focus on the consequence (aka the obliteration of the Cancerverse) from Death taking out Mar-Vell, that you overlooked the context of how that scene followed through.

Key Plot Points for the sake of Context:

1) At some point Mar-Vell becomes the Champion of life. The Cancerverse came about due to Mar-Vell killing of the Champion of Death in his reality through a ritual. What the ritual does is killing the Champion also Kills Its God. To which Death is eliminated its universe becomes corrupted because checks and balances has been thrown out the window. BAM with have Corrupted Mar-Vell & Cancerverse.

2) A greater part of the plot is focused on Mar-Vell following its masters wishes to search for the Champion of Death in Verse 616 to bring about the same fate has his own reality.

3) The Heros and Thanos learn of all this. And Thanos schemes a plot to allow himself to get captured so that he can be brought to the ritual. Unknowing to Mar-Vell, Death is with/Attached to Thanos. With Death taking Mar-Vell (its champion of Life) in the ritual, we witness the Obliteration of the Cancerverse along with its Masters.

Key plot for context being, Killing its Champion in the ritual to deliver such obliteration. Nekron can not do the following with doing the former.

quanchi112
But you read the comic and so does Zop. It seems that there is so much focus on the consequence (aka the obliteration of the Cancerverse) from Death taking out Mar-Vell, that you overlooked the context of how that scene followed through.

1) At some point Mar-Vell becomes the Champion of life. The Cancerverse came about due to Mar-Vell killing of the Champion of Death in his reality through a ritual. What the ritual does is killing the Champion also Kills Its God. To which Death is eliminated its universe becomes corrupted because checks and balances has been thrown out the window. BAM with have Corrupted Mar-Vell & Cancerverse.

2) A greater part of the plot is focused on Mar-Vell following its masters wishes to search for the Champion of Death in Verse 616 to bring about the same fate has his own reality.

3) The Heros and Thanos learn of all this. And Thanos schemes a plot to allow himself to get captured so that he can be brought to the ritual. Unknowing to Mar-Vell, Death is with/Attached to Thanos. With Death taking Mar-Vell (its champion of Life) in the ritual, we witness the Obliteration of the Cancerverse along with its Masters.

Key plot for context being, Killing its Champion in the ritual to deliver such obliteration. Nekron can not do the following with doing the former. thumb up

What's even more odd is the basic reason for what defeated the cancerverse is in his first scan which I pointed out. It was never Death shows up and then this just occurs.

"Id"
Adding on.

If Death was that much more powerful.....

It would not have been necessary for Galactus and Other Space Gods to appear and defend 616-Verse from the Creatures from the Breach. Death would have Soloed.

Thanos did not have to let himself get captured and taken to the ritual. They could just made there way through the Breach, and allow Death to have her way.

Its not the case of raw power or one element force countering the other. They made it vary clear that the Creatures from Cancerverse are overwhelming strong even for the Space Gods and Thanos trump Card was to do the opposite of what Mar-Vell did to his reality.

zopzop

Key plot for context being, Killing its Champion in the ritual to deliver such obliteration. Nekron can not do the following with doing the former.
Cool story. Except Nekron isn't 'just' a Death abstract. What works against her doesn't against him. Nekron doesn't have a 'champion' that you can kill to destroy him. Nekron's avatar, Black Hand, is needed so he can enter the physical universe from his own realm. You can't 'kill' Black Hand. The Life Entity had to raise him and sever his link to Nekron to merely BANISH Nekron back to his kingdom. Nekron was actually owning the Life Entity and the only way he lost (via BFR) was by severing his link to Black Hand.

The Cancerverse gets sodomized by Nekron's scythe.

quanchi112
Cool story. Except Nekron isn't 'just' a Death abstract. What works against her doesn't against him. Nekron doesn't have a 'champion' that you can kill to destroy him. Nekron's avatar, Black Hand, is needed so he can enter the physical universe from his own realm. You can't 'kill' Black Hand. The Life Entity had to raise him and sever his link to Nekron to merely BANISH Nekron back to his kingdom. Nekron was actually owning the Life Entity and the only way he lost (via BFR) was by severing his link to Black Hand.

The Cancerverse gets sodomized by Nekron's scythe. Based on ?

"Id"

The Cancerverse gets sodomized by Nekron's scythe.

If this is the focus of your response. Than you completely missed my point.

zopzop
Based on ?
Based on :
a) The fact that killing Black Hand doesn't kill Nekron. In fact, you can't 'kill' Black Hand. They had to RAISE him to sever his link to Nekron which resulted in Nekron being BFRed not KILLED.
b) Nekron isn't just a Death abstract. He's also sentient VOID and Darkness (I provided the VOID scan earlier, here are the Darkness scans) :
https://s26.postimg.org/pir3wdiqt/g8_Ldsy_E.jpg https://s26.postimg.org/spqpd49id/1565726-stories001.jpg

If this is the focus of your response. Than you completely missed my point.
I get your point, you're not getting mine. The Cancerverse cannot "force" Nekron out of the physical universe the way they did Marvel Death.

quanchi112
Based on :
a) The fact that killing Black Hand doesn't kill Nekron. In fact, you can't 'kill' Black Hand. They had to RAISE him to sever his link to Nekron which resulted in Nekron being BFRed not KILLED.
b) Nekron isn't just a Death abstract. He's also sentient VOID and Darkness (I provided the VOID scan earlier, here are the Darkness scans) :

I get your point, you're not getting mine. The Cancerverse cannot "force" Nekron out of the physical universe the way they did Marvel Death. Who said anything about being killed. The whole point of the cancerverse is to extend life and elimate death so it's definitely within that universes power to sever the connection to Black Hand. Just as Black Hand is the lynchpin to Nekron so also is Mar-vell the lynchpin to the cancerverse.

There are worse things than death can bring which is a sweet release. Nekron gets buried. There's a reason Celestials, Galactus, etc. couldn't just plow through an entire universe of cancerverse.

zopzop
Who said anything about being killed. The whole point of the cancerverse is to extend life and elimate death
See the problem here? Black Hand is already DEAD. The Life Entity didn't 'extend his life' it RAISED him from the DEAD. Show me an example of the Cancerverse Gods doing this. They didn't even raise Mar-vell from the dead, they healed him BEFORE he died (which is what kickstarted the whole mess in the Cancerverse).

The Cancerverse is phucked my friend. Accept this.

quanchi112
See the problem here? Black Hand is already DEAD. The Life Entity didn't 'extend his life' it RAISED him from the DEAD. Show me an example of the Cancerverse Gods doing this. They didn't even raise Mar-vell from the dead, they healed him BEFORE he died (which is what kickstarted the whole mess in the Cancerverse).

The Cancerverse is phucked my friend. Accept this. They eliminated death from their universe showing they had the power to do so. Nekron gets eliminated. Nah, the cancerverse would overwhelm him. Nekron didn't really do anything impressive and lost control over his powerful creations. Nekron gets decimated.

zopzop
They eliminated death from their universe showing they had the power to do so. Nekron gets eliminated. Nah, the cancerverse would overwhelm him. Nekron didn't really do anything impressive and lost control over his powerful creations. Nekron gets decimated.
How are they going to eliminate him? The Life Entity itself couldn't kill him only BFR him via resurrecting Black Hand.

quanchi112
How are they going to eliminate him? The Life Entity itself couldn't kill him only BFR him via resurrecting Black Hand. Just because the Life Entity couldn't what makes you think the cancerverse can't ? Haven't they already eliminated death before.

Zack M
laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack M
laughing out loud ?

Galan007

Key plot for context being, Killing its Champion in the ritual to deliver such obliteration. Nekron can not do the following with doing the former. Eh, what? blink

I said the Cancerverse's populace was obliterated "once death was reintroduced into that actuality" -- and death was 'reintroduced' by way of Marv. I didn't think I would need to explicitly mention that in writing, given that the scans I posted blatantly depict as much(that's kind of why I posted them.) none

But like I said, Nekron would undoubtedly be able to duplicate Death's showing. After all, he can peer into the very essence of a character's being and see what makes them special/unique/killable:
https://i.imgur.com/wiAzm6G.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/oPXb2jG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BOxzZZp.jpg

...So it would be relatively simple for him to discern the fact that Marv is the linchpin to the Cancerverse, just like he discerned that Volthoom is a nexus for the emotional energies. thumb up

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Zack M

The Cancerverse is phucked my friend. Accept this.

True that.

iceman24567
Nekron pimps the cancerverse out to his homies

"Id"

abhilegend
Black Hand was already dead under the control of Nekron. How would you kill someone already dead.

And Thanos's near death only allowed Death to enter cancerverse. In this scenario Nekron is already in Cancerverse.

Galan007
Black Hand's only purpose was to act as Nekron's 'tether' to the living world:
https://i.imgur.com/ekEdl74.jpg
*That's why Nekron was finally able to be banished after Black Hand was resurrected by the white light.

...But that's neither here nor there. Per the forum rules, it is assumed that all characters are able to access their full array of powers without issue. So even though Black Hand isn't here to act as a 'tether', it is still assumed that Nekron's powers would be fully functional.

"Id"
Nekron can be in the Cancerverse at full power. Thats not my point.

But we can not assume that he can pull off Reverse Necropsy, simply because Death could and ignore that its a ritual that requires both avatars to enact it.

zopzop
Nekron can be in the Cancerverse at full power. Thats not my point.

But we can not assume that he can pull off Reverse Necropsy, simply because Death could and ignore that its a ritual that requires both avatars to enact it.
Why are you still going on about the Necropsy? Do you not understand Nekron isn't merely a death abstract? Just because it worked on Marvel Death who has one 'nature' aka death abstract, doesn't mean it will work on Nekron who has multiple natures : death abstract, sentient darkness, sentient void (scans already provided).

People are under the assumption that Nekron is DC's version of Marvel's Death. He's not. He's more like a Death/Oblivion mashup. The Necropsy has one SPECIFIC purpose : BANISH Death.

"Id"
Why are you still going on about the Necropsy? Do you not understand Nekron isn't merely a death abstract? Just because it worked on Marvel Death who has one 'nature' aka death abstract, doesn't mean it will work on Nekron who has multiple natures : death abstract, sentient darkness, sentient void (scans already provided).

People are under the assumption that Nekron is DC's version of Marvel's Death. He's not. He's more like a Death/Oblivion mashup. The Necropsy has one SPECIFIC purpose : BANISH Death.

DC Version of Death is Mistress Death. Thats not being argued.

And really because Blackhand is not part of this topic. We are getting of topic, and not an argument to be made. However your not taking into account the enormity of the power the Many Angled Ones have provided for this ritual if goes through.

But if you want to know where I stand. If Blackhand was sacrificed in the Necropasy. Than Blackhand would have a permanent death, and so would Nekron.

This is because the power of this ritual overthrows fundamental laws of all possible universes. Life and Death. Being and Un-Being. They can rewrite and remake basic language which reality is composed.
http://s7d2.turboimagehost.com/t/36234226_MAO.jpg

Feel free to disagree.

zopzop
But if you want to know where I stand. If Blackhand was sacrificed in the Necropasy. Than Blackhand would have a permanent death, and so would Nekron.

How? The only time we've seen the Necropsy used was against Thanos WHO IS A LIVING BEING. Black Hand is already dead. Show me an example of the Necropsy working on an already DEAD being. Then you have to prove that the link between Thanos and Death is the same or similar to the link between Nekron and Black Hand so that the Necropsy could work. Good luck with that. I've already shown you on panel examples of Nekron and Marvel Death having dissimilar natures.

"Id"
How? The only time we've seen the Necropsy used was against Thanos WHO IS A LIVING BEING. Black Hand is already dead. Show me an example of the Necropsy working on an already DEAD being. Then you have to prove that the link between Thanos and Death is the same or similar to the link between Nekron and Black Hand so that the Necropsy could work. Good luck with that. I've already shown you on panel examples of Nekron and Marvel Death having dissimilar natures.

No.

Thats it, I am done talking about.

I have said, what I wanted to say regarding how the ritual would work if used against Black/Hand Nekron. If you dont agree thats fine, I really dont care.

This is not why I came into the topic. I entered this topic to point out that scene posted by Galan is the affects of Reverse Necropsy. And not one that can be replicated by Nekron because it requires both champions to enact the ritual.

Weather you think Nekron wins or losses, is besides the point because I am not here to argue that point.

zopzop
No.

YES! cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.