Dragon Ball Super Anime vs Manga

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bbrem123
Which do you prefer and why?

Also which is the source of truth?

carver9
Where have you been brem?

NewGuy01
The manga, by far. Far better art, choreography, and writing. It's also more consistent with itself and cuts all the useless filler.

The anime's advantages over the manga can be counted on one hand: The music, the Beerus comedy scenes, Hit's second fight with Goku, and Zamasu's first time meeting Goku. Those things aside, everything else is inferior.

bbrem123
Originally posted by carver9
Where have you been brem?

Had a ton going on recently. New job (working remote from home which is awesome), moved twice, got married, and baby on the way. haha.

Finally got a breather. Wasnt really able to keep on my comics/manga or anime...

How have things been around here?

bbrem123
Originally posted by NewGuy01
The manga, by far. Far better art, choreography, and writing. It's also more consistent with itself and cuts all the useless filler.

The anime's advantages over the manga can be counted on one hand: The music, the Beerus comedy scenes, Hit's second fight with Goku, and Zamasu's first time meeting Goku. Those things aside, everything else is inferior.

Agreed I'm really enjoying the manga as well. thumb up
The fact that the art is so great really does make it for me.

Bentley
The manga is just better. I don't care about which one is "higher canon".

bbrem123
Originally posted by Bentley
The manga is just better. I don't care about which one is "higher canon".

Agreed.

Dark-Kenshin
Manga, though I really didn't care for the liberties it took during the Black arc.

vansonbee
The manga more forward with power levels than the anime and there is far less consistency.

Inedian
Anime by far and far.

Utrigita
Manga, for all the reasons already listed.

Damborgson
I enjoy the anime more. But the manga is far and away more consistent.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson

thumb up

TheHulk
Originally posted by vansonbee
The manga more forward with power levels than the anime and there is far less consistency.

Originally posted by Damborgson

thumb up thumb up 100%

cdtm
One is garbage, the other isn't.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by TheHulk
thumb up thumb up 100%

You just 100% agreed with two people that said different things. confused

Sable
Actually he didn't, he agreed the magna is more consistent with one person, and agreed with the other person that he enjoyed the anime more. The two opinions are not mutually exclusive, so they can both be agreed with without conflicting.

NewGuy01
That's not what I was referring to. One said the manga was more consistent, and the other said it was less consistent.

Sable
No they didn't. They both said the magna was more consistent.

NewGuy01
"The manga is more forward with power levels than the anime, and there is far less consistency."

erm

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Pretty sure he meant "far less inconsistency."

Sable
thumb up

Sable
Originally posted by NewGuy01
"The manga is more forward with power levels than the anime, and there is far less consistency."

erm

How do you not understand what he is saying here?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.