Jimmy Kimmel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
The man is worth $35,000,000 and crying and politicizing his sons health insurance cost on late night.

Just pathetic.

Surtur
Does Jimmy think if Obamacare didn't exist and he wasn't rich that his kid would be dead? I'd love to see his answer.

I have seen this man shed more tears over a dead lion than I have dead human beings.

Sable
He's a joke. He's worth $35,000,000. Acting like his son would be dead without Ocare. I guess he doesn't want to use his own money.

Surtur
I've recently been watching some old Johnny Carson episodes and I think...what the f*ck happened to late night?

Sable
Jay Leno and David Letterman were giants. These three cucks just pathetic. They don't even fill the seat.

Surtur
I mean people are still upset that Jimmy Fallon frickin tusseled Trumps hair lol. I wonder if that is why he was snubbed at the Emmy's?

Sable
Colbert show was in the shitter, when he saw how Fallon was lambasted for that, he decided to change his show to purely bash Trump, now he's #1. Which tells you how awful are the people who watch him. I love Trump jokes, what he does is pure hatred.

Surtur
Originally posted by Sable
Colbert show was in the shitter, when he saw how Fallon was lambasted for that, he decided to change his show to purely bash Trump, now he's #1. Which tells you how awful are the people who watch him. I love Trump jokes, what he does is pure hatred.

Indeed and it is fascinating to watch them devour their own. Trump jokes can be funny. But apparently only from a certain point of view, this is some Obi Wan type shit. Because if they bring out Sean Spicer people blow a gasket. We should have just shackled Spicer in the center of Washington DC so people can throw rotten vegetables at him.

Then you have the black woman on the red carpet being asked who she hopes will win, she says "all the black people". It's okay, it's not racist lol. If a white guy had said "I hope all whites win" he'd be crowned as basically the next grand wizard.

Sable
The President Show is funny, those are Trump jokes. Colbert has pure evil and hatred in his heart. Which means all the people that eat up what he says do as well.

Surtur
The President Show is funny, those are Trump jokes. Colbert has pure evil and hatred in his heart. Which means all the people that eat up what he says do as well.

I just always find it weird when rich people giving each other awards lecture the country about issues lol. Nobody cares anymore. It is not based on merit. Did Handmaidens Tale win because it was good or because of how it was totally some sort of allegory for what is going on now? Was Alec Baldwins Trump impression really that awesome or was it just given to him as another F U to Trump?

I don't even know, where does the politics end? Every movie now is some sort of statement. Is the cast diverse enough? The crew? Are the casting they right race? Is there a decent enough male to female ratio? Is sexism responsible for it not doing well? Is a male star getting paid 20 million while a female star needs to make ends meet with a mere 17 million?

Bashar Teg
yeah rich people are incapable of sympathizing with the poor. except of course for Glorious Leader Trump

BackFire
I think Handmaid's Tale won because it was the best show of the year. It's really excellent stuff. The show really impressed me as someone who wasn't really expecting to like it, ended up impressing me more than any show since Breaking Bad.

It's hard to really make the argument that it's directly an allegory for Trump, as the show was in the early stages of planning and scripting in 2015, and was based on a book written in the 80's. Sure some people took it as a comment on Trump, but it just so happened to release a few months after his inauguration. More or less a coincidence.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
I think Handmaid's Tale won because it was the best show of the year. It's really excellent stuff. The show really impressed me as someone who wasn't really expecting to like it, ended up impressing me more than any show since Breaking Bad.

It's hard to really make the argument that it's directly an allegory for Trump, as the show was in the early stages of planning and scripting in 2015, and was based on a book written in the 80's. Sure some people took it as a comment on Trump, but it just so happened to release a few months after his inauguration. More or less a coincidence.

Oh I didn't mean to suggest it was written with Trump in mind. But since it aired, we've had people going "herp derp, how close is this to reality!". When the actual answer to that is "not even anywhere near close".

But meh.

Sable
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
yeah rich people are incapable of sympathizing with the poor. Except of course for Glorious Leader Trump

He was crying about how he could not afford his treatment without it, which is a lie. I don't believe and never will believe for a second Hollywood celebrities care about anyone but themselves.

Sable
Oh th fall of late night. I miss the days of Carson.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
yeah rich people are incapable of sympathizing with the poor. except of course for Glorious Leader Trump

This is true only of the Hollywood Leftist Eltie. They are Pure Hollywood Ratzi.

eek!

meep-meep
Jimmy Kimmel is an entertainer. Yes, he has a higher platform to speak and be heard. If people take his word as the law, fine. They will be mislead, but I understand his sympathy for the middle and lower class. He is a millionaire though. He needs nada. I still think he's a decent guy.

Silent Master
I wonder how much his sympathy is real, IE how much he actually spends on helping others.

Surtur
Originally posted by meep-meep
Jimmy Kimmel is an entertainer.

He should be entertaining then. TBF it wasn't always this way. I liked him on the Man Show. It makes you wonder how he could be friends with Adam Corolla though.

Adam_PoE
He was crying about how he could not afford his treatment without it, which is a lie. I don't believe and never will believe for a second Hollywood celebrities care about anyone but themselves.

That is a lie. He acknowledged that he is wealthy and can afford it. His concern is for people with a child with the same condition as his, who are not wealthy, and who would not be able to afford the three life saving open-heart surgeries their child will need without insurance. This attempt by conservative media to smear him comes after he called out Bill Cassidy for lying on his show about the Republican health care bill. It is pathetic.

Sable
https://www.mediaite.com/online/jimmy-kimmel-reportedly-consulted-with-chuck-schumer-on-health-care-specifics/

laughing out loud

Flyattractor
Mark calls it out.

BRyq3rBrmZA

Rockydonovang
Oh?

Dreampanther

Silent Master
Some people would call that a deflection.

Before anyone starts, I feel the need to reiterate that I am not a trump supporter and I actually agree that Trump isn't qualified and never should have been elected.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Silent Master
Some people would call that a deflection.

I'd call it a joke erm

And it's not a deflection as he already directly addresses that question before he takes that jab at Trump by admitting he's not an expert but that Republicans in congress are ignoring what actual experts on the topic of healthcare are saying about the bill they're trying to ram through.

Sable

Dreampanther
You do realize Trump was a billionare real estate mogul before he took that job right?

You do realise Trump was born rich and without his daddy's money he wouldn't have been able to make those deals, right?

Sable
that's not what I asked you

Surtur
that's not what I asked you

Lol@ your sig. You can tell by the look in her eyes this is a woman who has experienced what it is like to be targeted by Bosnian snipers.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I'd call it a joke erm

And it's not a deflection as he already directly addresses that question before he takes that jab at Trump by admitting he's not an expert but that Republicans in congress are ignoring what actual experts on the topic of healthcare are saying about the bill they're trying to ram through.

Explain how it was a joke.

Surtur
Explain how it was a joke.

Also...why can't a joke be a deflection? Especially for a comedian? Makes no sense.

Surtur
https://www.mediaite.com/online/jimmy-kimmel-reportedly-consulted-with-chuck-schumer-on-health-care-specifics/

laughing out loud

I wonder if the average joe, maybe someone who got hurt by Obamacare, would be afforded the chance to consult with Chuck about healthcare in the way Jimmy did?

Silent Master
A joke can easily be a deflection, I just want to him explain how going "but Trump isn't qualified either" is supposed to be joke. and before he says, well people laughed at it, laughing at something doesn't mean it was a joke.

To give an old school example, remember when you were a kid and saw someone trip and fall or walk into a door/wall because they weren't paying attention. you laughed, right?

Surtur
A joke can easily be a deflection, I just want to him explain how going "but Trump isn't qualified either" is supposed to be joke. and before he says, well people laughed at it, laughing at something doesn't mean it was a joke.

To give an old school example, remember when you were a kid and saw someone trip and fall or walk into a door/wall because they weren't paying attention. you laughed, right?

You think I stopped laughing at that stuff once I was no longer a kid? Err I mean, what?

But yeah I know what you mean.

Sable
Stop the hammering! You have insanity in my ear piece!

8_OB7Z8WV4s

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Surtur
He should be entertaining then. TBF it wasn't always this way. I liked him on the Man Show. It makes you wonder how he could be friends with Adam Corolla though.

This mindset of "Celebrities should shut up and stick to entertaining!" is asinine, though. It irritates me more than it should--definitely more than the opinions of celebrities who are a tad batshit or out of touch with reality--and in this case, Kimmel is not. Since when does one's occupation determine the validity of one's opinions on any variety of topics, or their right to share said opinions?

"Shut your goddamned mouth, Bill! You're a plumber! Your opinions on anything not plumbing and heating related are without merit! Don't share your thoughts unless I call and ask you why my shitter is clogged!"

"**** off with your ideas about health care, Bob! What the hell do you know? You're just a contractor! Stick to installing gutters and fixing roofs!"

It's a simple-minded and hypocritical stance...and yet here you are, doing essentially the same on the largest medium affordable to you, sharing your opinions with others you have never met.

If the rich and famous were sharing opinions you all agreed with, you'd be praising them and encouraging more like-minded celebrities to speak up. A good deal of the country, including many posters here, have defended the words and actions of obvious racists on the grounds of freedom of speech and the right to bear arms, but celebrities should remain completely silent regarding politics and government in spite of being surrounded by cameras and microphones, both on and off the job?

So many of you get bent out of shape over your precious ****ing rights, yet at the same time, you want certain groups to relinquish one the most important--if not the most important--rights of all?

Surtur
If I had a following of millions you'd have a point. But I don't, so you don't.

I'd keep my mouth closed about certain shit if a million dipsticks listened to me. Or at the very least I'd be more self aware. Next?

Eternal Idol
If I had a following of millions you'd have a point. But I don't, so you don't.

I'd keep my mouth closed about certain shit if a million dipsticks listened to me. Next?

So you believe anyone popular and/or influential should not share personal opinions because another might agree or disagree with them? Followers who agree would admire them more, followers who disagree strongly enough may unfollow them, and then there are followers who can still be fans regardless of the celebrity's opinion.

Celebrities are exercising freedom of speech, at the risk of losing popularity, and you're against it simply because you disagree with their opinions.

Your ducking is excellent, but your counter needs lots of work.

Surtur
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
So you believe anyone popular and/or influential should not share personal opinions because another might agree or disagree with them? Followers who agree would admire them more, followers who disagree strongly enough may unfollow them, and then there are followers who can still be fans regardless of the celebrity's opinion.

Celebrities are exercising freedom of speech, at the risk of losing popularity, and you're against it simply because you disagree with their opinions.

Your ducking is excellent, but your counter needs lots of work.

No, I feel if you're popular you should have a degree of self awareness before you run your mouth.

Do you disagree?

Also, don't say stupid shit. These folk live in echo chambers. They aren't risking losing popularity. No more than if I brag to pimps that I love whores.

Dreampanther
This mindset of "Celebrities should shut up and stick to entertaining!" is asinine, though. It irritates me more than it should--definitely more than the opinions of celebrities who are a tad batshit or out of touch with reality--and in this case, Kimmel is not. Since when does one's occupation determine the validity of one's opinions on any variety of topics, or their right to share said opinions?

Well, it's typical of the whole mentality, isn't it? It's always shut up - not let's debate, or discuss. New ideas, anything different is by definition a threat and must be eliminated.

Surtur
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Well, it's typical of the whole mentality, isn't it? It's always shut up - not let's debate, or discuss. New ideas, anything different is by definition a threat and must be eliminated.

I'd say yeah, this is a typical liberal mentality.

Dreampanther
I'd say yeah, this is a typical liberal mentality.

laughing

Surtur
You feel they are open to new ideas? Hilarious.

Flyattractor
He laughs cause it is true.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
He laughs cause it is true.

Or he laughs because he is so delusional he believes it isn't.

Either way it's funny.

Eternal Idol
No, I feel if you're popular you should have a degree of self awareness before you run your mouth.

Do you disagree?

Also, don't say stupid shit. These folk live in echo chambers. They aren't risking losing popularity. No more than if I brag to pimps that I love whores.

I agree that nobody should ever run their mouths, regardless of popularity.

However, there is a serious gap between "running your mouth" and sharing well-thought opinions, like Jimmy Kimmel did.

Kimmel shared his son's story and made the point that his son was able to get the life-saving operations he needed because Jimmy is now wealthy, and that millions of Americans would not have been so fortunate under our current healthcare policies. That is a fact.

He then went on to promote single-payer healthcare as the best way to ensure everyone is able to get the care they need without having to worry about jeopardizing their family's financial security. That is an opinion that is based on facts.

To run one's mouth is to criticize something or someone without much forethought about the criticisms being made, or the potential consequences of doing so. Donald Trump, whom you support as president, does this shit all the time.

Kimmel took a calculated risk and made his political stance on healthcare clear. At this point, he does not give a **** if people tune out because his beliefs don't align with theirs.

And a bit of advice: Don't tell people not to say stupid shit and follow it up with stupid shit. Kimmel will lose popularity because of this, just as Colin Kaepernick lost popularity for sitting out the national anthem. They will still be popular, but their fan bases will take a hit. You only need to read the comments on YouTube and other social media to see it in effect.

Surtur
Man, next time you decide to give advice make it less of a whiny novel.

Also lol@ Colin K. Hey, did that dipshit ever wear a Fidel Castro t-shirt? Cuz if he did, it'd be outright dishonest to whine and suggest his kneeling is the only thing working against him.

Eternal Idol
Man, next time you decide to give advice make it less of a whiny novel.

Also lol@ Colin K. Hey, did that dipshit ever wear a Fidel Castro t-shirt? Cuz if he did, it'd be outright dishonest to whine and suggest his kneeling is the only thing working against him.

My apologies. I made the assumption that you could handle some light reading and an opposing opinion, and offer a well-thought response in return.

Surtur
My apologies. I made the assumption that you could handle some light reading and an opposing opinion, and offer a well-thought response in return.

But you didn't respond to my Colin K comment, despite quoting it.

Plus I mean, whining over that kinda told me a thoughtful response would be lost. After all, why else whine over a dipshit wearing Castro t-shirts? Can you explain that?

Like, folk whined and said it was racist Miami didn't want him. Tell me why it is racist for Miami not to want some rich douche who wears Castro t-shirts.

Eternal Idol
But you didn't respond to my Colin K comment, despite quoting it.

Plus I mean, whining over that kinda told me a thoughtful response would be lost. After all, why else whine over a dipshit wearing Castro t-shirts? Can you explain that?

Like, folk whined and said it was racist Miami didn't want him. Tell me why it is racist for Miami not to want some rich douche who wears Castro t-shirts.

Bitching about me not responding to your deflection over to Kaepernick, after not responding to anything in my last two posts? That's rich.

You'd probably go on to say that I mentioned Kaepernick in the first place, but I only used him as an example of a celebrity losing popularity over making their political beliefs clearly known. Both he and Kimmel lost fans who can't handle following someone with a differing opinion.

Then you started talking about other shit Kaepernick has done and why teams may or may not want him. We weren't talking about teams; we were talking about losing popularity among fans...and you only chose to cite examples of his fans who still support him.

Surtur
But should a person not lose popularity if they wear Castro shirts? Is that unjust?

On top of that, are you willing to acknowledge anyone saying it is due to racism is stupid? I just want to make sure we are on the same page in terms of reality.

Adam_PoE

So where are all of your posts criticizing Trump?

Do you disagree?

I disagree that it should only apply to people who are popular, but I understand that is a convenient loophole you have created to deliberately exclude yourself from the equation.

Um, you live in a right wing echo chamber. People who live in glass houses, and all of that.

Surtur
So, why say stupid shit? If I'd, for no reason, said the shit you're whining about with glass houses you'd have a point.

Did I say it with no reason, you think? Or did someone try to imply whining about shit in a liberal echo chamber is somehow risky? Cuz I think the latter happened, and I think it's f*cktarded.

Next we'll be told it's brave to whine about Trump at an award show.

Adam_PoE
So, why say stupid shit? If I'd, for no reason, said the shit you're whining about with glass houses you'd have a point.

Did I say it with no reason, you think? Or did someone try to imply whining about shit in a liberal echo chamber is somehow risky? Cuz I think the latter happened, and I think it's f*cktarded.

Next we'll be told it's brave to whine about Trump at an award show.

You did not answer the question:

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

So where are all of your posts criticizing Trump?

Surtur
Lol, before I respond to that, if I give you a post will you just whine and say "that's just one post"? Because I know where I can easily find an instance without having to do too much searching. Just let me know if it'll be enough.

Cuz no, I'm not going to do searches and hunt down shit, I just happen to know a specific topic on the front page I can find one example quickly.

Eternal Idol
But should a person not lose popularity if they wear Castro shirts? Is that unjust?

On top of that, are you willing to acknowledge anyone saying it is due to racism is stupid? I just want to make sure we are on the same page in terms of reality.

You're still changing the subject, while dodging questions asked earlier.

We were all discussing Jimmy Kimmel's support for single-payer healthcare, remember? Why should he, and other celebrities, remain silent on issues affecting the entire country? He's not giving away government secrets that will threaten our security, nor is he delivering hate speech aimed at specific groups of people or inciting war for the **** of it.

As for Kaepernick, he strikes me as an intelligent person, and must have known that wearing the Malcolm X/Fidel Castro shirt was going to receive harsh criticism. Again, he took that calculated risk, and chose his convictions over maintaining his popularity. It's not unjust for fans to turn on him for it, just like it's not unpatriotic of fans supporting him. The fans can decide for themselves where they draw the line.

Kaepernick getting blackballed has a lot more to do with politics than it does racism, but you'd have to be stupid to believe that absolutely none of his harshest critics are being colorblind in the matter.

Surtur

Rage.Of.Olympus
"You can say people aren't colorblind about Colin K, but you'd have to be stupid to think played race played a significant role."
laughing out loud

http://www.statefansnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/bubble1.jpg

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You can say people aren't colorblind about Colin K, but you'd have to be stupid to think played race played a significant role.

ROO just played the Race Card right? Just asking cause the typos in his/her/its sentence make it kind of hard to be sure.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Flyattractor
ROO just played the Race Card right? Just asking cause the typos in his/her/its sentence make it kind of hard to be sure.

Haha the irony. Sorry, I know it's hard for you to keep up, I'll edit my original post.

quanchi112
My apologies. I made the assumption that you could handle some light reading and an opposing opinion, and offer a well-thought response in return. From Surtur ? laughing out loud

He's a real mess.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Haha the irony. Sorry, I know it's hard for you to keep up, I'll edit my original post.

Did you just hit on me?

socool8520
I'm sure the fact that Colin is black mattered a little. The fact that he is not a good QB while bringing perceived negative attention to his team mattered a lot more.

Eternal Idol

Emperordmb
You support, and perhaps even voted for, the most self-congratulatory narcissist in the celebrity world as president of the United States...a man who has only ever known a life of wealth and luxury, has been running his mouth about things he knows little to nothing about from this privileged vantage point for decades, has been involved in numerous scandals and lawsuits for being a cheat and a fraud, has had the most ****ed up first 8 months of any presidential administration in American history, has yet to make good on his campaign promises, and is even being investigated for what may amount to treason if proven. He is divisive, crude, unprofessional, and dishonest--a hypocrite lacking any real convictions or moral fiber.

But those liberal Hollywood elites who criticize him and his supporters in Congress are pretty stupid, eh? They only had to work from humble beginnings to get to where they are now. What do they know about the struggles of those in poverty and of the middle class, right?

Stop acting like these people are ****ing idiots who are completely out of touch with reality, and that hypocrisy doesn't occur on all sides of the political spectrum. Just admit you just disagree with their political leanings, and that's your biggest beef with them using the spotlight to reach as large an audience as possible. Had Kimmel said things that you agreed with, you'd be in here defending him on the grounds of freedom of speech, you hypocrite.
If you actually agree with these celebrities then you should want them to shut up too my dude. What you and them need to realize is that Surtur isn't a unique case. There are tons of people being pushed away from your side because they're sick of what they perceive as a bunch of 1 percenters verbally fellating each other and spending half the time shitting on Trump and morally pontificating to the commoners every time they get together, and the media's failure to paint Trump in a bad light since they have remotely the same level of self-control as Trump does while tweeting.

I don't support Trump, but it's pretty obvious the MSM, the democratic party, and the hollywood elites are seriously ****ing up what should be an easy job, ie. making Trump look bad, because the way they're going about this just comes off as alienating to people. Whether or not you feel feeling alienated in response to this is justified or people being irrational, it is the truth of the situation. If these people chilled the **** out they'd be doing their political message more credit than if they continue to constantly inject it into every facet of life.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Emperordmb
If you actually agree with these celebrities then you should want them to shut up too my dude. What you and them need to realize is that Surtur isn't a unique case. There are tons of people being pushed away from your side because they're sick of what they perceive as a bunch of 1 percenters verbally fellating each other and spending half the time shitting on Trump and morally pontificating to the commoners every time they get together, and the media's failure to paint Trump in a bad light since they have remotely the same level of self-control as Trump does while tweeting.

I don't support Trump, but it's pretty obvious the MSM, the democratic party, and the hollywood elites are seriously ****ing up what should be an easy job, ie. making Trump look bad, because the way they're going about this just comes off as alienating to people. Whether or not you feel feeling alienated in response to this is justified or people being irrational, it is the truth of the situation. If these people chilled the **** out they'd be doing their political message more credit than if they continue to constantly inject it into every facet of life.

I agree with Kimmel's statements on our current healthcare policies, and the proposals to repeal the ACA without offering something better in return. Beyond that, I don't make any effort to seek out the opinions of celebrities. I only know about Kimmel and Kaepernick because they've made headlines. I don't watch Kimmel's show, football, or much TV at all, really.

People holding more conservative values, like Surtur, will always disagree and cringe away from liberal celebrities, regardless of how much or how little they voice their progressive opinions...hence, my point that had Kimmel called for a complete repeal of the ACA, they'd have supported him for it, or have had nothing to say about it at all. Many of the reasons why they're calling for progressive-leaning celebrities to shut up are the same reasons they voted for and/or support Trump as president.

It is true that celebrities are becoming more and more vocal at non-political functions, but so what? If one disagrees, or even if one agrees but is annoyed by their preaching and praising of each other, roll your eyes and power through or tune out altogether. It's that simple. As celebrities, they have a loud voice and far-reaching platform from which to use it, but it's still just another voice. If they held power in office, then it's a different story.

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/3NwFbC8.jpg

Eternal Idol
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/VarveG/2015/VarveG20150824_low.jpg

Eternal Idol
Anyone catch Jimmy Kimmel's aboutface support for Trumpcare? laughing out loud

mlZNmtZdTlg

Surtur
Well I will say this: he's nowhere near as misinformed as he was about guns.

Surtur
This reminds me of the street art Sabo did about Jimmy though during his last cry fest.

https://i.imgur.com/43GXrOt.jpg

laughing

Jimmy took a picture of himself sitting on a bench with another piece of art by the same guy, and he was flipping off the camera. He tweeted it. I don't think he realized he just exposed more people to the guys art though lol. Silly Jimmy.

https://i.imgur.com/fOyaKpp.jpg

Btw: he's not wearing sunglasses because of the sun. Rather to hide his red puffy eyes.

Firefly218
This reminds me of the street art Sabo did about Jimmy though during his last cry fest.

laughing

Jimmy took a picture of himself sitting on a bench with another piece of art by the same guy, and he was flipping off the camera. He tweeted it. I don't think he realized he just exposed more people to the guys art though lol. Silly Jimmy.

Btw: he's not wearing sunglasses because of the sun. Rather to hide his red puffy eyes. Toxic masculinity. The world would be a better place if men cried.

Surtur
LOL! So just to be clear: that is toxic. Jimmy feeding millions of americans misinformation about guns and gun control and using tears to manipulate them...not toxic?

Firefly218
LOL! So just to be clear: that is toxic. Jimmy feeding millions of americans misinformation about guns and gun control and using tears to manipulate them...not toxic? Exactly what was misinformed? You can't just label things misinformation because you disagree with them.

Surtur
Originally posted by Firefly218
Exactly what was misinformed? You can't just label things misinformation because you disagree with them.

Ben Shapiro did a great video about everything Jimmy said that was wrong or misleading. Go watch, I'm not going to go over his every point.

Emperordmb
Did someone seriously just use the phrase "toxic masculinity" with a straight face?

Eternal Idol

laughing

Btw: he's not wearing sunglasses because of the sun. Rather to hide his red puffy eyes.
Could be Jimmy has a sense of humor and doesn't feel the need to go apeshit when he's being criticized.

Surtur
Because I'm nice I'll post a link:

YjLh1SvdqTI

I do look forward to seeing how some will try to spin what Jimmy did.

Surtur
Could be Jimmy has a sense of humor and doesn't feel the need to go apeshit when he's being criticized.

Could be, but I doubt it.

Surtur
Did someone seriously just use the phrase "toxic masculinity" with a straight face?

Not only that, but because someone made fun of Jimmy Kimmel and how he uses emotional manipulation on people to push an agenda on gun control.

Jimmy Kimmel, same dude who went around asking chicks to guess what was in his pants. Same dude who cries over dead lions...but I've never seen him shed a single tear over San Bernadino or the Pulse nightclub.

Firefly218
Not only that, but because someone made fun of Jimmy Kimmel and how he uses emotional manipulation on people to push an agenda on gun control.

Jimmy Kimmel, same dude who went around asking chicks to guess what was in his pants. Same dude who cries over dead lions...but I've never seen him shed a single tear over San Bernadino or the Pulse nightclub. wtf. Y'alls minds are twisted af. Vegas was his hometown and the biggest mass shooting in history...

Emperordmb
If Kimmel had just cried that would be one thing and that would be something he'd have my empathy and sympathy over, but that dried up as soon as he segued into using his emotions as an appeal to attack the moral character of people who disagree with him on policy.

Firefly218
If Kimmel had just cried that would be one thing and that would be something he'd have my empathy and sympathy over, but that dried up as soon as he segued into using his emotions as an appeal to attack the moral character of people who disagree with him on policy. But you can at least understand the impulse to attack guns in this instance can't you?

The Vegas shooter was mentally unstable and allowed to STOCKPILE dozens of rifles LEGALLY by purchasing them from a store, he was allowed to purchase a "bump stock" LEGALLY and modified his rifles into fully-automatic weapons LEGALLY.

Why is it so hard to for people to understand the attack on policy. Like, shouldn't there be a policy that forbids Bump Stocks or rifles that can be modified. Shouldn't there be red flags when a guy buys 30 rifles?

Surtur
Originally posted by Firefly218
wtf. Y'alls minds are twisted af. Vegas was his hometown and the biggest mass shooting in history...

So then WHY use emotional manipulation to mislead people about guns?

Explain that to me, explain how that isn't twisted. I know you think the "it's his hometown" justifies it, it just makes it infinitely worse actually.

Was Cecil the lion from his hometown too?

Robtard
So then WHY use emotional manipulation to mislead people about guns?

Or immigrants... or Muslims...

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Or immigrants... or Muslims...

ohoho! This is about Jimmy Kimmel. You'd never deflect, so when did Jimmy mislead people about immigrants and Muslims?

Eternal Idol
ohoho! This is about Jimmy Kimmel. You'd never deflect, so when did Jimmy mislead people about immigrants and Muslims?

I don't think that's a deflection. A deflection would be something more along the lines of "Look! Republicans did this!"

Rob seems to be calling out your supposed outrage over using emotional appeals in support of better gun control and healthcare reform, even though you haven't expressed the same outrage when conservatives use emotional appeals in support of tougher immigration laws and travel bans.

Surtur
I don't think that's a deflection. A deflection would be something more along the lines of "Look! Republicans did this!"

Rob seems to be calling out your supposed outrage over using emotional appeals in support of better gun control and healthcare reform, even though you haven't expressed the same outrage when conservatives use emotional appeals in support of tougher immigration laws and travel bans.

And see, it is a deflection bro. No debating that. You might not think it is, but Rob and his pals have labeled the SAME behavior by me and others as deflection.

Pointing out they are outraged over one thing, but not another.

So yes, it very much is 100% a deflection going by the way these people use it, and nope: they do not only use it for "look republicans!" type of stuff.

Firefly218

Flyattractor
I miss the days when the main reason to watch Late Nite Talks Shows was to have fun and be entertained. Not set thru one sided Political Rants.

Surtur

Rockydonovang
If you're being politically swayed by how celebrities say what they believe, then there's bigger issues here, like maybe how utterly misinformed you are.

It's not a celebrities' problem what people think about what they say. It is society's problem if a dislike of celebrities is what people are using to decide who they entrust the future of the country with.

Surtur
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
If you're being politically swayed by how celebrities say what they believe, then there's bigger issues here, like maybe how utterly misinformed you are.

It's not a celebrities' problem what people think about what they say. It is society's problem if a dislike of celebrities is what people are using to decide who they entrust the future of the country with.

And the problem is idiots listen to celebrities though. People will see Jimmy Kimmel spew bullshit and believe it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.