New Antibody kills 99% of HIV

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Pretty exciting breakthrough

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-41351159

Earlier you'll recall I posted a story about scientists eradicating birth defects through Genetic engineering. We're living in exciting times

Thorne
now they have to science up a better virus to kill the queers

Patient_Leech
So the remaining 1% will create a new HIV Super Virus.

Great. thumb up

Nibedicus
What they need to do is come up with super Antibodies that can take on drug resistant viruses. Because those are going to be a problem very very soon.

Surtur
I just hope this doesn't somehow cause a mutation and give someone super powers.

Or wait no that would be cool. Mutate away.

Thorne
gonna be roaming gas clouds that turn you inside out

simpsons did it

Bashar Teg
does this mean we can have sex with monkeys again?

Thorne
no condoms, yes!

Surtur
Harambe is crying in heaven right now.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
does this mean we can have sex with monkeys again? sick

Peta is angry there is a cure for HIV

Robtard
Good news and go science.

Speaking of, where are the science deniers on this?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard

Science is a myth! God created smartphones and antibiotics and satellites. It was all written in the Bible!

Sable

Cute, real science is different then "climatology" which is as accurate as the weatherman.

Sable
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Science is a myth! God created smartphones and antibiotics and satellites. It was all written in the Bible!

No it was the engineers you moron!

Flyattractor

You actually STOPPED?!

Happy Dance

Robtard
Originally posted by Sable
Cute, real science is different then "climatology" which is as accurate as the weatherman.

Yeah, that must be it.

Sable
Did you ever take Geo Sciences in college? Or Geo Systems? Doubtful, because back then they didn't really teach this crap. I for one did. I got an A in the class.

Bashar Teg

i'm sure baby jesus and the angels had a hand in this.

Flyattractor
The Science Deniers are still bitching over GMO Foods being products of the DEVIL!

Oh wait those are LEFTY Science Deniers....so never mind.

Bashar Teg
all those thoughts and prayers finally payed off.

playa1258
Hopefully Big Pharm does not **** this up.

Sable
Of coarse they will. People will never see this.

playa1258
Probably right. Like they care about saving lives.

Flyattractor
So they have a new Super Drug that can save lives. When will it hit the shelves? 30 or 40 years from now after all the Legal Human testing is done?

Sable
They will say it failed. Keep it on ice for themselves. There is no money in a cure.

The world's leading aids researchers were all on the flight shot down over Ukraine.

Coencidence?

Flyattractor
Does it actually KILL HIV? The article says it attacks HIV. Just because you attack something dosen't mean it kills it. And Cures are not profitable.
Treatments are. That is how Politics and Business works in conjuncture with Science.

Sable
99% also isn't 100%

Flyattractor
it just made the Butt Sex that much more seemingly safer tho!

Digi
People will never see this.

That's always the fear. But I mean, if you look at progress in medicine, the general public DOES see a lot of new technologies and cures. For example, I have a buddy whose kid is alive right now bc of a medical procedure that didn't exist 10 years ago. He's a working man like the rest of us...not exactly in the 1%, so to speak.

So I guess it's a matter of how quickly it trickles down, and what hurdles are in the way. But yeah, it does seem like a lot of this is either premature announcements (that need years more testing and vetting to be medically sound, which likely requires funding), or it's never seen or heard from again.

Sable
I don't consider vaccines cures. I consider a cure a cure. Like you have aids now you don't.

Flyattractor
Did the article mention any of the side effects of the drug?

Digi
I don't consider vaccines cures. I consider a cure a cure. Like you have aids now you don't.

Right, they're medically different things. But a vaccine can actually be better imo, because it has the potential to wipe out a disease from the populace, which has actually happened with numerous diseases that we have vaccines for.

Originally posted by Flyattractor

Says clinical trials on humans start next year. So, no. We don't have any data on it yet.

playa1258
They will find some way to make it a lifetime treatment

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Flyattractor

can't be any worse than the ones you're on already, so may as well try it out. good luck smile

Sable
laughing out loud

BackFire

You stopped?

Your loss. I've been holding the line for years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.