San Francisco builds a brand new stadium, half full for game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
Thursday night football is hughe in SF. Brand new stadium, it should be full. It wasn't.

Could the NFL have taken their politics to far in SF?

Link

vansonbee
Never been a fan of football and I'm not surprise that constant injection of politics in sports finally has tired out former fans from coming to watch. W

Sport event should focus only on sports, nothing else.

Surtur
I wonder if someone tried to illegally enter the stadium...what would happen?

BackFire
Probably because the 49er's blow.

playa1258
Bad traffic might be a factor. Plus the 49ers are trash right now.

Surtur
California: even the traffic is racist.

Sable
Originally posted by BackFire
Probably because the 49er's blow.

Not to their fans

BackFire
Originally posted by Sable
Not to their fans

Well their record is bad, that will affect turnout for home games. Does for every sport - teams that don't do well don't attract fans. Unless you're the lakers or something.

If they were 3-0 instead of 0-3 I think you'd see a pretty full stadium.

Sable
Maybe their got fed up with Kaperdouche and said **** the 49's.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
Well their record is bad, that will affect turnout for home games. Does for every sport - teams that don't do well don't attract fans. Unless you're the lakers or something.

If they were 3-0 instead of 0-3 I think you'd see a pretty full stadium.

If a bad record had that big an impact the Cubs would have literally just shut down decades ago.

Sable
Originally posted by Surtur
If a bad record had that big an impact the Cubs would have literally just shut down decades ago.

Exactly

BackFire
Cubs records did correlate with poor attendance, though.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/attend.shtml

Granted the 49's photo looks particularly bad, apparently, that is a problem with many teams right now, especially in California.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/13/the-nfl-is-seriously-concerned-with-empty-stadiums/

Also the fact that it was a Thursday game probably played a part.

Not saying the Kaepernick stuff hasn't played some role in it as well, I have trouble thinking that's the primary motivator, though. Especially since he's not even on the team anymore.

Moving the stadium to be further from the fan base, a bad record, and last year's controversy all like had a role to play.

Talon Fang
I would imagine that the price of a ticket to get into this Brand New Stadium reflects the cost of this place.

Digi
I get that politics in sports can be tiresome, but if you're seriously trying to assert that the politics of a player long-gone from a team is the most influential factor among a fanbase that mostly just doesn't give a sh*t beyond the sport itself, you're wearing a very specific tint of glasses from which to view the world. This isn't about political sides, because the attendance just isn't a political story, period.

{edit} pic is also misleading. Anyone who's ever been to a football game knows that only about 30% of the people who are going to be there, are actually there at kickoff. The tailgate is more important than the game for many, and certainly more important than the opening minutes. And sh*t teams with middling fanbases draw sh*t crowds. Hell, I'm a Steelers fan, and they have one of the largest and most hardcore fanbases in all of sports. You think I've ever seen Heinz actually full? Hell no. Half your season ticket holders are rich f*cks who don't show, so there's always a ton of empties. This thread has zero merit.

Badabing
Originally posted by Digi
I get that politics in sports can be tiresome, but if you're seriously trying to assert that the politics of a player long-gone from a team is the most influential factor among a fanbase that mostly just doesn't give a sh*t beyond the sport itself, you're wearing a very specific tint of glasses from which to view the world. This isn't about political sides, because the attendance just isn't a political story, period.

{edit} pic is also misleading. Anyone who's ever been to a football game knows that only about 30% of the people who are going to be there, are actually there at kickoff. The tailgate is more important than the game for many, and certainly more important than the opening minutes. And sh*t teams with middling fanbases draw sh*t crowds. Hell, I'm a Steelers fan, and they have one of the largest and most hardcore fanbases in all of sports. You think I've ever seen Heinz actually full? Hell no. Half your season ticket holders are rich f*cks who don't show, so there's always a ton of empties. This thread has zero merit. Agreed. Steelers rule and this thread has zero merit. Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.