What is a a "Sock"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
I openly admit I am not all that Hip with Modern Internet Slang so I am in the dark on what this one is. I have seen members here get in trouble and even Permabanned for it..aka That Thorne guy and i am not seeing any thing stated in the Official KMC Rules about foot wear so I will just out right ask.

What is a "SOCK"?

Surtur
Yeah the Thorne guy did get banned for a sock. But then, Steve Zodiac is a sock and hasn't been banned.

Weird.

As for what it is, someone who is banned, but re-registers under a different name.

Now I personally do not give a shit about socks. But it occurs to me that certain socks can stay and certain socks can't. That to me is weird.

Like Thorne didn't say anything nearly as crazy as Jake who threatened murder multiple times before getting banned.

Bashar Teg
awww are the babies playing victim again?

Flyattractor
Awwww You upset cause you thought this was a thread talkin bout your fav sex partner!?

And 10-Q 2 Surt for an actual answer.

Surtur
Nah, it's more just curiosity about the way things work here Bash.

Flyattractor
Oh I "KNOW HOW THINGS WORK HERE" just not fully op on the Lingo.

It changes to darn often for my opinion...

Surtur
You know Leonardo Dicaprio said we shouldn't have a president who doesn't believe in science.

That is hilarious though lol. It's like a cult. "Scientism". Do you think they realize science isn't about mere belief? I wonder.

Some leftists love science so much they lose all comprehension as to how it works. That is true love.

Flyattractor
Ben Shapiro put it best.

http://www.renewamerica.com/images/columns/15/151124jacobs3.jpg

Surtur
Yeah, but Ben is Hitler though. Like legit, Thule society type shit. Whenever he sees a baby that doesn't have blue eyes and blonde hair he secretly just wants to toss it into a wood chipper.

Flyattractor
That is just the Leftist Progressive in you talking.

Surtur
He'd probably even eat a baby. Even if there was a non-baby sandwich available, he'd say no, I want to eat that baby.

Sick and twisted. Even worse than this fiendish deed:

https://i.imgur.com/1xICkLy.jpg

BackFire
A sock is a banned user who creates a new account to get past his ban.

I think the way these people are viewed tends to vary a bit from mod to mod. For myself, I'm generally open to the idea of a sock coming back if they make attempts to engage other members in a reasonable way and try to take part in relatively respectful conversations. They will be on thin ice, though. If they come back merely to make trouble, that isn't acceptable and is a way to find yourself banned very quickly if you are a sock.

There's also the fact that the sock checker for this site is ancient and inefficient, and so it can be difficult to really "prove" if someone is a sock. Generally, the mods have been around long enough to be able to tell if someone is a sock simply by posting habits and personality, but we may not be able to prove it with the sock checker.

I think there's more leniency towards socks than there used to be. The site doesn't have a very large or healthy user base anymore, so I think we're pretty open to the idea of giving people second chances.

Flyattractor
So when did we stop calling them ALTS and started calling them SOCKS?

Why all with the Hip and Trendy all of a Sudden?!

BackFire
They've always been known as Socks on this site.

Flyattractor
I will take your word for it.

SO what level of SOCK would you categorize the Villainous Thorne?

Ankle? KneeHigh? Tube?

BackFire
Tube. Hate those things.

Flyattractor
I agree. Hate wearing those things. I prefer Hillbilly Barefoot All the Way!!!!!!!

So how many SOCKS did Thorne have in his Tube?

BackFire
I'm not sure. He was a sock of Long Pig, and I don't know who that is.

Flyattractor
Having known Throne for several years and quite aware of his Multiple Personality Induced Schizophrenia I would think He had a whole drawer full of em.

BackFire
Well, socks usually do it many times. Apparently, it's pretty addicting.

Flyattractor
The Perfect scent for Socks!

https://fimgs.net/images/perfume/375x500.249.jpg

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
A sock is a banned user who creates a new account to get past his ban.

I think the way these people are viewed tends to vary a bit from mod to mod. For myself, I'm generally open to the idea of a sock coming back if they make attempts to engage other members in a reasonable way and try to take part in relatively respectful conversations. They will be on thin ice, though. If they come back merely to make trouble, that isn't acceptable and is a way to find yourself banned very quickly if you are a sock.

There's also the fact that the sock checker for this site is ancient and inefficient, and so it can be difficult to really "prove" if someone is a sock. Generally, the mods have been around long enough to be able to tell if someone is a sock simply by posting habits and personality, but we may not be able to prove it with the sock checker.

I think there's more leniency towards socks than there used to be. The site doesn't have a very large or healthy user base anymore, so I think we're pretty open to the idea of giving people second chances.

Lol look I don't want him banned, but what you just said here is pretty much a lie lol. A certain sock has come back just to talk shit about me, made more than one topic dedicated to that, etc.

I do not want him banned, but the whole "well as long as they try to engage members in a reasonable way" is nonsense. The most recently banned sock was no less reasonable than the one I am referring to lol.

MythLord
A piece of clothing used to keep feet warm, usually coming in pairs... This is common knowledge.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Surtur
Lol look I don't want him banned, but what you just said here is pretty much a lie lol. A certain sock has come back just to talk shit about me, made more than one topic dedicated to that, etc.

I do not want him banned, but the whole "well as long as they try to engage members in a reasonable way" is nonsense. The most recently banned sock was no less reasonable than the one I am referring to lol.

Thorne did that,or are you talking about someone else?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by MythLord
A piece of clothing used to keep feet warm, usually coming in pairs... This is common knowledge.

No. That is the answer to "What Are Socks?" The plural as opposed to the singular.

I would explain the difference but well that is Math and Leftists don't do math.

cool

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Thorne did that,or are you talking about someone else?

Steve Zodiac is stop the hate lol. Who had 3 different verisons of that named, trolled constantly. Was banned for continually posting trolling topics. Has also posted topics dedicated to writing poems about me lol.

He can do what he wants, but we're going to call a spade a spade here. That isn't "reasonable" behavior lol.

Scribble
I honestly have no idea and have never met one sorry

Surtur
Originally posted by Scribble
I honestly have no idea and have never met one sorry

Oh you have Scribby, you have.

BackFire

Steve Zodiac has been on our radar for a while and we are keeping an eye on him, thing is while he may go after you from time to time, he does also engage in discussions as well. There is another member here who is a sock who has gone after other members but is also not yet banned. Also you go after him as well. It seems to be a mutual thing with you two so I've just sorta let it slide thus far.

Also keep in mind that I did not ban Thorne myself. Like I said, all mods will approach things a little differently. Another mod may not hold my views when it comes to socks and may be less lenient when it comes to letting them stay.

The Lost
To add to what Backfire said, I posted this in the welcome thread recently:

Originally posted by The Lost
I think it depends on the recency of the permaban now. For example, I was permabanned in '05 but they let me stick around now, as well as a few others. That person was either banned a long time ago but is still totally intolerable or was banned recently.

BackFire
For me, honestly I don't really care. I'll let more or less anyone back as long as they don't just troll non stop. Even then, if they amuse me I may let them stay.

It feels like a wasted effort to really moderate this place these days.

Surtur
Steve Zodiac has been on our radar for a while and we are keeping an eye on him, thing is while he may go after you from time to time, he does also engage in discussions as well. There is another member here who is a sock who has gone after other members but is also not yet banned. Also you go after him as well. It seems to be a mutual thing with you two so I've just sorta let it slide thus far.

Also keep in mind that I did not ban Thorne myself. Like I said, all mods will approach things a little differently. Another mod may not hold my views when it comes to socks and may be less lenient when it comes to letting them stay.

Lol, three separate "stop the hate things" were banned. Now he goes after Sable for thread counts, posting pics of it.

Sorry, it's just not really reasonable. Not every sock here engages in that.

I don't want him banned he is entertaining, but he is a troll lol. Through and through,

The Nuul
For me, honestly I don't really care. I'll let more or less anyone back as long as they don't just troll non stop. Even then, if they amuse me I may let them stay.

It feels like a wasted effort to really moderate this place these days.

thumb up

you shouldn't have to care, it's just a forum thumb up

raz and ush stopped caring about this place a long time ago so why should you or any mod? some members care way too much about this forum. i am here out of habit, it's kinda like smoking...

Surtur
Originally posted by The Nuul
thumb up

you shouldn't have to care anymore, it's just a forum thumb up

raz and ush stopped caring about this place a long time ago so why should you or any mod? some members care way too much about this forum. i am here out of habit, it's kinda like smoking...

Yeah but it's like....people who threaten murder exist here longer than people who did nothing close to that.

That is super weird having that drastic a difference in modding practices, but meh.

BackFire
Lol, three separate "stop the hate things" were banned. Now he goes after Sable for thread counts, posting pics of it.

I don't want him banned he is entertaining, but he is a troll lol. Through and through,

I don't believe I banned those people.

I will ban people for posting various slurs. May have done that at some point over the last month or two. Don't remember.

I'm not familiar with the sable/steve zodiac thing you're going on about. I don't really pay much attention to Steve Zodiac. Really, unless something gets reported I probably won't see it or know about it/care.

Surtur
I don't believe I banned those people.

I will ban people for posting various slurs. May have done that at some point over the last month or two. Don't remember.

I'm not familiar with the sable/steve zodiac thing you're going on about. I don't really pay much attention to Steve Zodiac. Really, unless something gets reported I probably won't see it or know about it/care.

Okay well this just makes it even weirder lol. Some other mod noticed the shit STH pulled, but suddenly with Steve didn't.

Meh, an interesting mystery I guess.

Silent Master
Just stop responding to him. that way if he continues it'll be viewed as him harassing a member, rather than a back and forth.

BackFire
Mods can and so miss some things. We do this in our spare time and for free, remember. We generally don't spend much time here these days. Unless something gets reported we probably aren't going to see it.

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
Just stop responding to him. that way if he continues it'll be viewed as him harassing a member, rather than a back and forth.

The usual suspects here will thumb up anything he does like sheep, but yeah ignoring is the best solution.

Surtur
Mods can and so miss some things. We do this in our spare time and for free, remember. We generally don't spend much time here these days. Unless something gets reported we probably aren't going to see it.

I pretty much expect you to be omnipresent.

BackFire
I pretty much expect you to be omnipresent.

We'll get on that.

Surtur
Hook your brain up to a computer like in that one episode of Star Trek TNG.

Go watch TNG so you know what I mean. I will wait.

BackFire
I actually may start that tonight, all joking aside.

Sable

I was warned by a mod last week for calling someone a queer, on the same day the same mod was calling people homo's.

Surtur
Originally posted by Sable
I was warned by a mod last week for calling someone a queer, on the same day he was calling people homo's.

And I've been called a phaggot many times here by certain members lol. Hilarious.

Sable
I edited

The Nuul
surt gets way too triggered easily, he should use the ignore option more

steve Zodiac is harmless, TI's latest sock should be banned though thumb up

The Nuul
And I've been called a phaggot many times here by certain members lol. Hilarious.

but you are a phag, so what's the big deal?

Surtur
surt gets way too triggered easily, he should use the ignore option more

steve Zodiac is harmless, TI's latest sock should be banned though thumb up

But I'm not triggered. I merely acknowledge behavior. Steve doesn't do harm. Then again, neither did Thorne. One is gone, the other is not.

Surtur
but you are a phag, so what's the big deal?

And no doubt the person Sable called a queer was a queer, what's the big deal?

Sable
Its the typical "different rules for different people", nothing else, nothing more.

Surtur
Originally posted by Sable
Its the typical "different rules for different people", nothing else, nothing more.

Ah it's that "rules for thee but not for me" stuff. That's just precious. Like a baby koala.

https://i.imgur.com/YxidBhN.jpg

Silent Master
The usual suspects here will thumb up anything he does like sheep, but yeah ignoring is the best solution.

Ignore them too, when they continue to follow you around making comments. it'll just make them look like stalkers.

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master
Ignore them too, when they continue to follow you around making comments. it'll just make them look like stalkers.

Lol they already do that. They have created haikus about me, poems about me, edited pictures about me, they constantly bring up things about my life lol.

But it's not deeply sad because they high five each other over it. I take it in stride, but like I said I find it weird to call these folk reasonable. They aren't. I'll be satisfied with merely giving proper labels to things.

Silent Master
Yes, but you respond to them and thus create a back and forth. if you just completely ignored them, their actions would fall directly on them as they would no longer have your responses to use as deflection material.

Sable
I told him to just put them on ignore.

The Nuul
surt, why would you even post about your life or pic on here? smh

Bashar Teg
oh surt, you and your worn out victim card.

Bashar Teg
meanwhile you wont stop trying to be my bff in the otf. you're a mess.

Surtur
surt, why would you even post about your life or pic on here? smh

Oh you misunderstand. I didn't post a picture of me. They edited stuff about me. Steve Zodiacs sig has a pic.

It's not like I gave my life story, but I sure did learn a lesson I will give you that. Sad folk here latch on, but then again that is what sad folk do.

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
meanwhile you wont stop trying to be my bff in the otf. you're a mess.

Lol see this is the difference between you and me. I can have a convo with someone without being a b*tch about it. Even if I had disagreements on other things. But you see it as trying to befriend you.

If you say something I want to comment on, I won't be a chump and act pissy just because of past disagreements.

Bashar Teg
gdf: "whaaa they stalk me"

otf: "hey y u no stalk me?"

Surtur
gdf: "whaaa they stalk me"

otf: "hey y u no stalk me?"

But I never said "why do they no stalk me" or anything of the sort lol.

Bashar Teg
But I never said "why do they no stalk me" or anything of the sort https://i.imgur.com/o3Zfsees.gif

okay but you are playing the victim, yet again

Surtur
I'm pointing out your behavior. This would mean whenever you or your pals have pointed out my behavior you were playing the victim.

Will you acknowledge that? It cannot be both ways. Either we both have played the victim or neither of us has. I will allow you to choose.

Surtur
So look at the final post in this topic:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=646147&pagenumber=7

Then we have:

Originally posted by Badabing
Hopefully you'll sweat that homo out of your system.

Hilarious. Rules for thee, but not for me.

Just to nip it in the butt before it starts, "he was joking" is not a valid excuse. It's actually a b*tch move more than anything else.

Bashar Teg
So look at the final post in this topic:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=646147&pagenumber=7

Then we have:

Hilarious. Rules for thee, but not for me.

Just to nip it in the butt before it starts, "he was joking" is not a valid excuse. It's actually a b*tch move more than anything else.

i see you're calling out bada. i too like to live dangerously

Surtur
If he bans me I can just come back as a sock as long as I'm reasonable though.

So yeah, he's a b*tch.

If the truth is not welcome here by all means: edit the rules.

Bashar Teg
you'd have another reason to play the victim card win/winthumb up

Surtur
you'd have another reason to play the victim card win/winthumb up

A person banned for speaking the truth would technically be a victim, but it'd be funny, the hypocrisy and all.

Bashar Teg
equating your niche opinions to "the truth" and berating anyone who disagrees is kinda why you're regarded as a joke here.

Surtur
Not opinion, I just quoted a post and gave you a link to the other. Are you going to grow a sack and acknowledge the hypocrisy here? Now is your chance. How can you call out president Trump for stuff if you lack the balls to call out a mere moderator online?

The Nuul
i have reported surtur for bashing a mod. bada will be here to ban him soon. thumb up

Surtur
i have reported surtur for bashing a mod. he should be banned soon. thumb up

It won't matter, I'll act reasonable later on. All will be forgiven.

Bashar Teg
you lack the balls to call out a mere moderator online?

yeah surt, i dont whine at and antagonize the mods, playing the victim, because im SO SCARED OF THEM.

that's why i don't do it: fear. you got me. thumb up

LordofBrooklyn
If he bans me I can just come back as a sock as long as I'm reasonable though.

So yeah, he's a b*tch.

THE RAPTOR, WRETCH, IS AN ABOMINATION!!!

Badabing
Backfire is misleading all of you. Socks he allows to stay pay him in actual blood (see his avi), and must offer their first born to him as future payment. And none of you want to know what we went through with him to be a mod...osheet

Backfire explained our stance on socks pretty well.Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
THE RAPTOR, WRETCH, IS AN ABOMINATION!!! This raptor fanboy.

Edit: Surtur has become another raptor victim. sneer

Bashar Teg

MythLord
No. That is the answer to "What Are Socks?" The plural as opposed to the singular.

I would explain the difference but well that is Math and Leftists don't do math.

cool

Except, yeno, socks can come in singular. Hence why sock is a word. I would explain, but that's basic knowledge and the far right don't do... well, any form of intellectual thought process correctly. thumb up

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Badabing

Edit: Surtur has become another raptor victim. sneer

And they call Trump a Bad Person.

eek!

Bentley
And they call Trump a Bad Person.

eek!

Trump is stubborn, but he's no raptor.

Flyattractor
That LOB guy in the Vs Forum is starting to make a Lot of Sense now...

Robtard
"he was joking" is not a valid excuse. It's actually a b*tch move more than anything else.

Oh the irony....

Bashar Teg
loving the persecution complex blubbering. more please thumb up

Steve Zodiac
Yeah the Thorne guy did get banned for a sock. But then, Steve Zodiac is a sock and hasn't been banned.

Weird.

As for what it is, someone who is banned, but re-registers under a different name.

Now I personally do not give a shit about socks. But it occurs to me that certain socks can stay and certain socks can't. That to me is weird.

Like Thorne didn't say anything nearly as crazy as Jake who threatened murder multiple times before getting banned. Wow, how did I missed this thread, comedy gold.

Surtur
I also found the contradictory views on socks to be comedy gold.

Steve Zodiac
I also found the contradictory views on socks to be comedy gold. Surt, why do you allow the internet to get in your head.

Right, that's me done posting for the day, later mate.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac

What a lovely post to wake up to!!!!

Surtur
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Surt, why do you allow the internet to get in your head.

You have a signature on an internet forum dedicated to a stranger on that forum. You know this, correct?

Bashar Teg
wolverine sigs really upset you, huh?

must be a dc fan smile

Stringer
Real eye opener

LordofBrooklyn
That LOB guy in the Vs Forum is starting to make a Lot of Sense now...

THAT IS LORD OF BROOKLYN TO YOU SWINE!!!!

Flyattractor
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
THAT IS LORD OF BROOKLYN TO YOU SWINE!!!!

Whatever you say Oinky McRibb.

LordofBrooklyn
Whatever you say Oinky McRibb.

HAVE YOU GROWN TIRED OF LIVING?!!!

Flyattractor
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
HAVE YOU GROWN TIRED OF LIVING?!!!

At times existence

can be a bit of a bore.
wink

MythLord
Then end it before it's too late. thumb up

Flyattractor
eh. Why rush it.

Life is just a Vacation for the Dead.

MythLord
Apparently, a lot of people couldn't afford a proper hotel then.

Nuke Nixon
SO what level of SOCK would you categorize the Villainous Thorne?

Category 7

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Category 7

Out of what?

4?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.