Who is the greatest debater of the Movie Versus Forum?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Who is the most intellectual, witty, funny, razor sharp, knowledgeable, and bringer of pain debater of the MVF?

Don't be modest, either.

Josh_Alexander
Hahahaha! This is an interesting thread!

Well, i have never debated with anyone who fully completes your criteria of good debaters but here is my list of persons i consider good debaters (At keast the ones ive engaged with in debates here at the Movie VS forum):

Nibedicus
Omgchos
Darkstorm Zero
Quanchi112

They always manage to give evidence and try to support their claims.

Some of them are stubborn bastards but still good debaters laughing laughing

As to who is the best debater in this forum I honestly dont thing there is one. Everyone has his flaws.

TheLordofMurder
Definitely not quanchi112...

He only acknowledges the evidence that supports his viewpoint and disregards the rest...

His bias is extreme and is very evident...

Besides, the most telling thing is that he cannot be reasoned with...ever.

No matter what the evidence says, he will trump his viewpoint to the point of insanity...

You cannot have a reasonable debate with someone like that...

TheLordofMurder
But to answer the thread, I'd pick Nibedicus...

Even if I don't agree with him (Future Sentinels vs Apoc!), his reasoning ability is strong and his arguments are sound...

marwash22
in no particular order:

Silent Master
Me
Robtart
KingD
Lestov

probably some others, but those are who i thought of immediately.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

He only acknowledges the evidence that supports his viewpoint and disregards the rest...

No matter what the evidence says, he will trump his viewpoint to the point of insanity...

I nominated none of them for Best debater.

I just mentioned which of the members i have debated against i considered good debaters.

He is stubborn yes. But he does give evidence supporting his claims, although these might not be enough to prove his points.

But to answer the thread, I'd pick Nibedicus...

Even if I don't agree with him (Future Sentinels vs Apoc!), his reasoning ability is strong and his arguments are sound...

I must admit he is a good debater, i don't know if the best though.

marwash22
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Quanchi112

https://media.giphy.com/media/LoGh1t5iGxFOE/200.gif

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by marwash22
https://media.giphy.com/media/LoGh1t5iGxFOE/200.gif

Hahahahahaha!

quanchi112

https://media.tenor.com/images/83ace23c8af18d6497cbcd012b7d1e63/tenor.gif

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
https://media.tenor.com/images/83ace23c8af18d6497cbcd012b7d1e63/tenor.gif

Naw...

Just being honest...

smile

quanchi112
Naw...

Just being honest...

smile https://media.giphy.com/media/zxT5AZqShSpNu/giphy.gif

TheLordofMurder
https://media.giphy.com/media/zxT5AZqShSpNu/giphy.gif

Good job posting the pretty women... smile

You are still supremely biased though... smile

quanchi112
Good job posting the pretty women... smile

You are still supremely biased though... smile https://media.giphy.com/media/szPZ2NXIGCMcE/giphy.gif

TheLordofMurder
https://media.giphy.com/media/szPZ2NXIGCMcE/giphy.gif

quanchi112

https://media.tenor.com/images/1c72b7f72f986496639a235bc1ec0db6/tenor.gif

TheLordofMurder
https://media.tenor.com/images/1c72b7f72f986496639a235bc1ec0db6/tenor.gif

quanchi112

https://i.imgur.com/KfvaKsQ.gif

TheVaultDweller
lol this thread took less than a single page to turn into an LoM/Quan shitshow.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
lol this thread took less than a single page to turn into an LoM/Quan shitshow.

laughing laughing laughing out loud eek!

TheVaultDweller
In all seriousness, it's hard to say. I only post in a few subforums, so there is a big chunk of the KMC community that I have virtually zero interaction with. But, among the people I do interact with, Nibedicus springs to mind immediately. He pretty much always has measured, well-structured and intelligent responses and arguments on any stance/position he takes. What's more, he seems willing to put in that bit of extra effort that a lot of other posters can't be bothered to, whether it's finding an obscure source or piece of evidence, or doing/tracking down a calculation in order to quantify a specific feat/showing.

Sable
1. TenthAdamtherock
2. Lord of Murder
3. Frothbyte
4. H1

These are the worst

Arachnid1
I'd say Robtard and Vaultdweller. Both have a kind of unbiased style of debating where they just state the facts and never really come off as immature in their presentation the way a lot of other posters do. I also like the way Froth argues, though we don't always agree on points. Marwash comes to mind too. They're all pretty solid.

EDIT: Almost forgot Nemebro. A vote for him too, though he can be kind of a dick. Still, I find myself agreeing with him more often than not, he never comes off as biased, and his arguments have always made sense.

EDIT again:
Odin ****ed that whore. You know it. Sad. Just a skank. He banged the ****. Quit misunderstanding my words you cuck troll.

Thanks is going to break it. **** you and **** your xmen trash.

laughing out loud
For damn sure not this guy.

marwash22
yeah, Neme is good; he's a cvnt, but he's good.

Utrigita
Nibedicus, Robtard and Vaultdweller. To me those three for the moment stands out. They always bring good, constructive arguments to the debate.

There are more, but these are the ones that I feel are the most active.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Utrigita
Nibedicus, Robtard and Vaultdweller. To me those three for the moment stands out. They always bring good, constructive arguments to the debate.

There are more, but these are the ones that I feel are the most active.

Haven't had much interaction with Robtard recently but Nibedicus and Vaultdweller definitely stand out. Too many so-called debaters just resort to insults and personal attacks. When you point out flaws in their arguments it turns into a flame war.

Nibedicus and Vaultdweller's arguments are consistently reasoned, well thought-out, and backed up by evidence. It doesn't mean they are flawless, but they try to argue with facts, proof, logic and common sense rather than sulking and getting abusive when you disagree with them.

HulkIsHulk
Yep my vote goes to Vault and Nib as well

quanchi112
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'd say Robtard and Vaultdweller. Both have a kind of unbiased style of debating where they just state the facts and never really come off as immature in their presentation the way a lot of other posters do. I also like the way Froth argues, though we don't always agree on points. Marwash comes to mind too. They're all pretty solid.

EDIT: Almost forgot Nemebro. A vote for him too, though he can be kind of a dick. Still, I find myself agreeing with him more often than not, he never comes off as biased, and his arguments have always made sense.

EDIT again:

For damn sure not this guy. https://31.media.tumblr.com/a0a5d1b8b12d899c8c5c8edd0a4c0d31/tumblr_inline_n85e53ws4h1sae2qt.gif

FrothByte
I hate debating with Nibedicus, because you just know that he's going to bury you in a pile of well researched material that you'll never be able to keep up with. For that he gets top spot in my list.

Vault gets 2nd place. We've been in a few heated arguments before but it has never devolved into name-calling, and Vault will almost always use clean, logical debating methods.

Robtard gets third, but Rob is weird. He will not hesitate to name call or insult you. But for some reason he's able to do so without seeming petty. And he has a very concise, abbreviated debating style that garners respect.

As bonus, I'd also like to commend H1. The guy has some of the most absurd, most biased and delusional arguments. And yet despite all the hate he gets from other posters, not once have I heard him swear or name-call.

Now, should we start a thread on the worst debaters in the MvF?

Silent Master
Originally posted by FrothByte
I hate debating with Nibedicus, because you just know that he's going to bury you in a pile of well researched material that you'll never be able to keep up with. For that he gets top spot in my list.

Vault gets 2nd place. We've been in a few heated arguments before but it has never devolved into name-calling, and Vault will almost always use clean, logical debating methods.

Robtard gets third, but Rob is weird. He will not hesitate to name call or insult you. But for some reason he's able to do so without seeming petty. And he has a very concise, abbreviated debating style that garners respect.

As bonus, I'd also like to commend H1. The guy has some of the most absurd, most biased and delusional arguments. And yet despite all the hate he gets from other posters, not once have I heard him swear or name-call.

Now, should we start a thread on the worst debaters in the MvF?

Really, because I could quote a dozen posts of h1 where he name calls and I should also point out that he spams the report button on people that disagree with him.

Sable
Originally posted by Silent Master
Really, because I could quote a dozen posts of h1 where he name calls and I should also point out that he spams the report button on people that disagree with him.

Yea saying h1 doesn't insult is just a lie. He calls people names all the time.

FrothByte

Oh does he? Guess I just don't read through enough of his walls of texts to see the insults. Ok... retracting my commendation then. I'll amend that to say that he's never insulted or name-called me, despite me doing both to him.

NemeBro
I can't recall a single one of you that's particularly good at all. thumb down Nibedicus is being named often, but I don't think I've ever so much as traded words with that guy. Who the **** is Vaultdweller?

quanchi112
https://media.giphy.com/media/Rker6SmVOzs4M/giphy.gif

NemeBro
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1690117/elephant-sex-o.gif

Josh_Alexander
Well i guess it all depends on the criteria you use to choose the "best debater".

The thing is i don't think there is a "best debater" since i think it variate depending on the topic of the thread and the mood of the person.

A person might be more knowledgeable on certain movies than others, and therefore he would have stronger points. But he might have 0 knowledge on movies which the other person does know a lot. So i think it variate depending the topic being argued.

Now if we are talking about how the person behaves in the forum, then again it depends on the mood of the person.

Some debaters have good points yet they are intolerant to other's opinion and therefore like to curse and behave childish a lot.

Others have weak points yet they act very maturely and are always respectful towards other's opinions.

So I really doubt such a title can be obtained.
It all depends on the topic being debated, and the mood of the person. And of course other factors.

marwash22
yeah, Neme is good; he's a cvnt, but he's good. Originally posted by NemeBro
I can't recall a single one of you that's particularly good at all. point proven.

NemeBro
If it makes you feel any better, there aren't many I'd consider truly, unsalvageably awful. thumb up

marwash22
on topic, has there every been a battlezone in the movie versus forum?

can we set it up?

Silent Master
I've offered to BZ h1 about a dozen times, he always declines.

quanchi112
on topic, has there every been a battlezone in the movie versus forum?

can we set it up? I have done multiple ones. Get with the times you ignorant wretch.

Sable
I've offered to BZ h1 about a dozen times, he always declines.

He's a coward. For ****s sake, he can't even get Superman quotes right. Much less win a BZ.

Darkstorm Zero
I have done multiple ones. Get with the times you ignorant wretch.

I think he meant here in Movie Vs specifically. Admittedly, you are doing one right now with Josh (Although it wasn't marked as a BZ at the start.)

Don't most of your BZs come from Comic Vs? Admittedly, I don't go into Comic Vs all that much.

marwash22
I have done multiple ones. Get with the times you ignorant wretch. i try to ignore what you do as much as humanly possible.

even this reply has put a strain on my soul.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I think he meant her ein Movie Vs specifically. Admittedly, you are doing one right now with Josh (Although it wasn't marked as a BZ at the start.)

Don't most of your BZs come from Comic Vs? Admittedly, I don't go into Comic Vs all that much. What we are doing isn't really a battlezone right now. I've done a Voldemort vs. Yoda one years back for example. Korto Vos was the posters name who repped Yoda. I don't think he even comes around here anymore.

quanchi112
i try to ignore what you do as much as humanly possible.

even this reply has put a strain on my soul. Your ignorance and frail human emotion is no excuse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.