Saudi Arabia Lifts Female Driver Ban

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
link

Robtard
SA's a pile of crap, but this is a good step forward, if only in babysteps.

Bashar Teg
next week: mandatory autonomous vehicle law

Sable
laughing out loudlaughing out loud

jaden101
Political correctness gone mad I tells thee.

Sable
Bashs joke was perfect tho

vansonbee
Saudi Arabia wants more women in the workplace, by allowing them to drive, they can save time and money on relying a male relative to take them there.

Sable
Originally posted by Robtard
SA's a pile of crap, but this is a good step forward, if only in babysteps.

Indeed, but why isn't Iran viewed in the same way then?

Bentley
Originally posted by Sable
Indeed, but why isn't Iran viewed in the same way then?

Can iranian women drive?

In my opinion people in the US have an even worse conception of Iran than they do of Saudi Arabia, but hostility goes both ways for the most part.

Patient_Leech
jawdrop

Scribble
Yeah I mean sure this is great and all, but it'll take a lot more than this to make women's lives in most Middle-Eastern countries being even close to that of what a human being deserves

Surtur

Scribble
8 months? Why don't they just let them start ****ing driving?

Also yeah, I bet SA are mostly doing this just to improve their public image. That way less people will protest when the US and UK keep selling them arms.

Is there much hope for the Middle East in the near future? Unlikely. The most progressive nation out of the bunch is Israel, who have a host of their own human rights issues and in many ways operate as a terrorist state. But, shit, at least women can wear what they like and have a sense of equality.

Surtur
I am all for them doing this, I just wish some had not pitched it to them as "here is one simple way to improve your image". It's like telling Al Capone nobody will care what he does if he donates some turkeys to the homeless on Thanksgiving.

cdtm
Originally posted by Scribble
8 months? Why don't they just let them start ****ing driving?

Also yeah, I bet SA are mostly doing this just to improve their public image. That way less people will protest when the US and UK keep selling them arms.

Is there much hope for the Middle East in the near future? Unlikely. The most progressive nation out of the bunch is Israel, who have a host of their own human rights issues and in many ways operate as a terrorist state. But, shit, at least women can wear what they like and have a sense of equality.

They also essentially ignore a booming slave trade, Israel.

But yeah, sadly they're one of the best we've got in terms of rights.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by vansonbee
Saudi Arabia wants more women in the workplace, by allowing them to drive, they can save time and money on relying a male relative to take them there. Actually it's more about reducing the amount of foreign drivers and ties in with vision 2030. Which is about reducing expats. Unemployment for young Saudi's is very high at the moment.

Scribble
Originally posted by cdtm
They also essentially ignore a booming slave trade, Israel.

But yeah, sadly they're one of the best we've got in terms of rights. The fact that Israel is one of the best we've got really says it all, tbh.

S_W_LeGenD
Good development

Yeah I mean sure this is great and all, but it'll take a lot more than this to make women's lives in most Middle-Eastern countries being even close to that of what a human being deserves
Disagreed.

Women experience good (or) bad lifestyle almost everywhere.

Every women doesn't want to drive, specially in high-traffic regions; these may hire a driver or prefer a male companion (with driving experience) to drive for them. However, lifting of this ban will help those women who drive, so a step in the right direction for them.

It is foolish to generalize about 'what is good for women' based on your experiences/perceptions alone.

Surtur
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Good development

Disagreed.

Women experience good (or) bad lifestyle almost everywhere.

Every women doesn't want to drive, specially in high-traffic regions; these may hire a driver or prefer a male companion (with driving experience) to drive for them. However, lifting of this ban will help those women who drive, so a step in the right direction for them.

It is foolish to generalize about 'what is good for women' based on your experiences/perceptions alone.

The lifestyles they lead in some muslim majority countries tend to be monumentally more awful than anything in western civilization.

Scribble
Yeah, just because I like to wear what I want to wear and marry who I want to marry, who's to say every Middle-Eastern woman wants the same? Yeesh, I really should think about these things more.

Surtur
Yeah, just because I like to wear what I want to wear and marry who I want to marry, who's to say every Middle-Eastern woman wants the same? Yeesh, I really should think about these things more.

Plus isn't the idea of covering your entire body in a black robe, except for your eyes, and going out in the summer heat just wonderful?

Those women surely weren't brainwashed, they just love black because it is slimming.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

Yeah, it's foolish to think women wouldn't want to have their genitals mutilated.

Funny how most women who aren't brainwashed by a stupid fu#king religion don't want it.

Scribble
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, it's foolish to think women wouldn't want to have their genitals mutilated. Just because you don't want to have your genitals mutilated, doesn't mean there aren't people who do. God, do you EVER think about anyone but yourself!?

Sable
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
next week: mandatory autonomous vehicle law

Still the best post so fsr

Surtur
Just because you don't want to have your genitals mutilated, doesn't mean there aren't people who do. God, do you EVER think about anyone but yourself!?

Indeed, and someone would be crazy if they wanted their genitals mutilated.

Patient_Leech
^ It's the new thing. All the cool kids are doing it.

I'm getting my genitals mutilated this afternoon.

Surtur
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ It's the new thing. All the cool kids are doing it.

I'm getting my genitals mutilated this afternoon.

Hey if you live in Oregon you can get your genitals mutilated all on the tax payer dime. I wish you luck in your journey.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.