Thanos Vs Drax & Grail

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Who wins

Philosophía
Grail one-shots Drax and then beats Thanos.

DarkSaint85
Drax could solo.

Insane Titan
Thanos wins

TethAdamTheRock
Bump

RealityWarper
Either in the team solos.

quanchi112
Thanos, easily. On another level.

Zack M
Grail solos.

TheHulkster
Thanos is currently stalemating a Phoenix Powered Thane. Thanos stomps.

abhilegend
Thane is only powered by a fraction of Phoenix Force. Same as Quentin Quire.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thane is only powered by a fraction of Phoenix Force. Same as Quentin Quire.

How do you know?

Insane Titan

TheHulkster
That's what I see. Plus he gains the power by draining the Phoenix Egg. Doesn't the egg contain the full Phoenix?

https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/media/comics/previews/7415573-74967.jpg

RealityWarper

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Thanos is currently stalemating a Phoenix Powered Thane. Thanos stomps. thumb up

RealityWarper
Thanos is currently stalemating a Phoenix Powered Thane. Thanos stomps.

Thanos is powered-up by a source too. ^^

That's not his normal power-level.

He claimed enough power to beat Thane empowered by the Phoenix at the God Quarry.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Thanos is powered-up by a source too. ^^

That's not his normal power-level.

He claimed enough power to beat Thane empowered by the Phoenix at the God Quarry.

When initially setting off to find The Coven, Thanos states that he is doing so to "REGAIN" his power so that he can face Thane. While in the presence of The Coven, he tells them that they know why he is there; that he seeks his "FULL POWER BACK". After he receives this power, they tell him that he has gotten what he wanted and shortly after, Thanos says "I am back".

All of this supports that he is restored to his normal level.

TheHulkster
Of course, this could change later with the swipe of a retconning pen.

RealityWarper
When initially setting off to find The Coven, Thanos states that he is doing so to "REGAIN" his power so that he can face Thane. While in the presence of The Coven, he tells them that they know why he is there; that he seeks his "FULL POWER BACK". After he receives this power, they tell him that he has gotten what he wanted and shortly after, Thanos says "I am back".

All of this supports that he is restored to his normal level.

The summary of Thanos #11 said that he needed the power to face Thane with the power of the Phoenix.

https://s26.postimg.org/yr94tfohl/Thanos_011-001.jpg

TheHulkster
In his diminished state, he most definitely lacks the power to face Thane. He does gain power beyond that diminished state that allows him to fight Thane, but it is not stated that this gain takes him beyond where he was before the sickness. The dialogue supports that it doesn't. This may change in the future, but at present, it appears that he is back normal.

RealityWarper
In his diminished state, he most definitely lacks the power to face Thane. He does gain power beyond that diminished state that allows him to fight Thane, but it is not stated that this gain takes him beyond where he was before the sickness. The dialogue supports that it doesn't. This may change in the future, but at present, it appears that he is back normal.

Or simply Thane is a far weaker host than the previous one.

An ideal host for the Phoenix is usually a very strong psionic.

TheHulkster
Or simply Thane is a far weaker host than the previous one.

An ideal host for the Phoenix is usually a very strong psionic.

Good point. That is a strong possibility and has some support when Thanos tells him that he has no idea how to handle the power he wields. I can lean toward Thane being a less capable/weaker host.

RealityWarper
Good point. That is a strong possibility and has some support when Thanos tells him that he has no idea how to handle the power he wields. I can lean toward Thane being a less capable/weaker host.

Yep. embarrasment

I'm almost certain that Cyclops with the full power of the Phoenix was stronger than Thane despite being weakest at base.

Damborgson
Individually he'd beat both of them.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Damborgson
Individually he'd beat both of them.

I doubt it.

Drax is sometimes endowed with abilities making him Thanos' true kryptonite.

Grail isn't weak either.

Damborgson
No, neither of them are weak, but I think he'd pull majority on both.

Grail would be a bigger threat than Drax.

TheHulkster
Yep. embarrasment

I'm almost certain that Cyclops with the full power of the Phoenix was stronger than Thane despite being weakest at base.

Could be. Doesn't Cyclops with the full power manhandle pre-crisis Darkseid? Or does that count?

Jean is the undesputed top dog as a Phoenix host. Thanos' against Thane does not equate to him against Jean.

TheHulkster
I doubt it.

Drax is sometimes endowed with abilities making him Thanos' true kryptonite.

Grail isn't weak either.

Sort of seems that the Drax as Kryptonte has been forgotten. Kind of a shame because Giffen did good things with all of those characters.

abhilegend
How do you know?
Because the full Phoenix Force is coming for Jean Grey in her own series.

Insane Titan
We have no idea of the timeline of the two comics and marvels continuity is shocking.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Insane Titan
We have no idea of the timeline of the two comics and marvels continuity is shocking.
It's been stated that Phoenix Force is returning for Jean only.

A Phoenix egg doesn't makes one full host of Phoenix Force.

Estacado
Doin anythin to downplay Thanos eh?

Insane Titan

-K-M-
I did have a question from the fight. How often does thanos fly? As this seemed odd

abhilegend
Originally posted by Estacado
Doin anythin to downplay Thanos eh?
Why would that be downplaying Thanos? In fact I remember the same guys trying to excuse Thanos low showings in other titles saying Thanos is weakened in all those appearances.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by -K-M-
I did have a question from the fight. How often does thanos fly? As this seemed odd last time he appeared to actually fly was in the arc with the cosmic cube. Him and death flew to where the cube was.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Insane Titan
last time he appeared to actually fly was in the arc with the cosmic cube. Him and death flew to where the cube was.

Could that also been death aiding him? Just throwing this out there not sure if it's the case but did the energy thanos just absorbed actually gave him the ability to fly? Or maybe artist liberties?

I like thanos more "grounded". Flying doesn't suit him in my personal opinion

quanchi112
Thanos envy is real.

-K-M-
Hmmmm? I like Thanos

Insane Titan
Originally posted by -K-M-
Could that also been death aiding him? Just throwing this out there not sure if it's the case but did the energy thanos just absorbed actually gave him the ability to fly? Or maybe artist liberties?

I like thanos more "grounded". Flying doesn't suit him in my personal opinion The seemed be flying independently of each other.

IMO it was the artist taking liberties

Damborgson
We agree Thanos wins though?

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson
We agree Thanos wins though?
thumb up

Estacado
He also needs a cape now and underwear outside and should be called Thanosman....

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Estacado
He also needs a cape now and underwear outside and should be called Tha-man....

Fixed.

Who's tha man??

I'M THA-MAN!!!!

TheHulkster
Originally posted by abhilegend
Why would that be downplaying Thanos? In fact I remember the same guys trying to excuse Thanos low showings in other titles saying Thanos is weakened in all those appearances.

Difference is that the the first issue of this current Thanos run connects to those so called "low showings" by expressing that Thonos has returned from wars both secret and civil. And as shown, Death had begun the process of taking Thanos down at least three months before Thanos' return.

Can you show where this run connects to anything X-Men related?

abhilegend
Difference is that the the first issue of this current Thanos run connects to those so called "low showings" by expressing that Thonos has returned from wars both secret and civil. And as shown, Death had begun the process of taking Thanos down at least three months before Thanos' return.

Can you show where this run connects to anything X-Men related?
The series doesn't mentions that he was weakened in Civil War. He found out he was dying in the first issue only.

Aaron mentioned in the Thor run that PF's attention were on Earth despite Quentin being a host.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-plPLMZyfTMs/WRxdntdw26I/AAAAAAADvvw/zq_ND3GsVvMBvivqviXpMoHiRGZt3adqwCLcB/s1600/034_019.jpg

Same as Thane.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.