Choose one armor, Destroyer Vs Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Destroyer cannot fly but can use rainbow bridge for transport.

1. For DCEU
2. For MCU
3. For RL

Silent Master
Does the IM armor come with the Jarvis AI?

TethAdamTheRock
Yes

Arachnid1
IM. It's weaker but a whole lot more fun. Lumbering around in slow ass Destroyer armor and blasting a laser here and there sounds god awful and boring.

Then again, I'm not an engineering genius like Stark. I wouldn't be able to maintain the upkeep of the armor, unless I had jarvis to walk me through everything. The Destroyer armor is self repairing so that would probably last me longer. It boils down to SMs question above.

TethAdamTheRock
By the way you are wearing the destroyer armor

TethAdamTheRock
I changed my mind, Yes.

Silent Master
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Yes

Then I'll take the IM, far more useful

Sable
Originally posted by Arachnid1
IM. It's weaker but a whole lot more fun. Lumbering around in slow ass Destroyer armor and blasting a laser here and there sounds god awful and boring.

Then again, I'm not an engineering genius like Stark. I wouldn't be able to maintain the upkeep of the armor, unless I had jarvis to walk me through everything. The Destroyer armor is self repairing so that would probably last me longer. It boils down to SMs question above.

There is no evidence the armor is self repairing. Siff actually didn't damange the armor. She pushed her spear through the gaps.

If there was evidence it was self repairing, it would have done so after Thor destroyed it.

TethAdamTheRock
Shield took it before it had a chance to repair itself

Sable
Nope no evidence of either claim

Silent Master
Even assuming that it was self-repairing. IMO, the Iron-man is far more useful and having access to an advanced AI means it's only a matter of time before you have access to the resources needed to maintain the armor.

Sable
I agree, but this idea it's self healing now is a bit absurd. All evidence points to the opposite.

Josh_Alexander
The Hulkbuster Armor should do the trick

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Sable
There is no evidence the armor is self repairing. Siff actually didn't damange the armor. She pushed her spear through the gaps.

If there was evidence it was self repairing, it would have done so after Thor destroyed it. https://i.imgur.com/phWNQPy.png

That looks like a hole to me. There's also the fact that it died for a few seconds before "rebooting" and reforming. I can't imagine why that would happen if it wasn't in some way damaged. That all screams "self-repair".

And Thor probably just damaged it more than it could recover from. I'd imagine absorbing its own blast enough to make the explosion it did probably wrecked the hell out of it. It could be self repairing, but only to a point. After all, you'd heal up from a papercut, but a spear through the heart would end you.

Originally posted by Silent Master
Even assuming that it was self-repairing. IMO, the Iron-man is far more useful and having access to an advanced AI means it's only a matter of time before you have access to the resources needed to maintain the armor. Agreed. Having access to Jarvis makes all the difference.

Sable
No, it's not a hole. It's between the bands. SM has stated this numerous times as well. It didnt reform either. It just turned itself around. It's not self healing, so let's just leave it there.

Terminator rebooting in T2 means self healing now to then?

Arachnid1
No, it's not a hole. It's between the bands. SM has stated this numerous times as well. It didnt reform either. It just turned itself around. It's not self healing, so let's just leave it there.

Terminator rebooting in T2 means self healing now to then? "Rebooting" was in quotations for a reason. The Destroyer armor is magical and alive. It doesn't have machinery on the inside. It's living armor. That means it flat out died for a few seconds before coming back.

I posted the picture, and there's pretty clearly a hole there. Ignoring that doesn't make much sense. The hole is there on the back (though it seems to have gone between the bands through the front), and gone after it "turns itself around" which means that that entire scene was it reforming.

Sable
Thats a slit in the armor just like on every other part of its armor, even if it is a hole, what proof do you have the hole regenerated? Also you are downgrading the Destroyer armor as well, so you can't have it both ways in another debate.

Based off your argument, now you have to stick to the armor being damaged from here on out.

Silent Master
If the spear went through the armor itself, how could the Destroyer have repaired itself while the spear was still there. plus if the spear was still going through the metal. when the Destroyer rotated the bands in order to turn around. the spear would have ripped a line all the way around, doing massive damage.

Sable
Also rewatching the scene, where the destroyer gets the spear out, you can clearly see there is no hole, it was apart of his armor. You only screen shooting the best part for your argument, you didn't just post the clip so we can all see, there wasn't a hole.

cwqvidnS21U

Sable
If the spear went through the armor itself, how could the Destroyer have repaired itself while the spear was still there. plus if the spear was still going through the metal. when the Destroyer rotated the bands in order to turn around. the spear would have ripped a line all the way around, doing massive damage.

thumb upthumb up

Arachnid1
Thats a slit in the armor just like on every other part of its armor, even if it is a hole, what proof do you have the hole regenerated? Also you are downgrading the Destroyer armor as well, so you can't have it both ways in another debate.

Based off your argument, now you have to stick to the armor being damaged from here on out. There's a hole in that photo I posted. If there was a slit, the hole would be longer and wider to follow the slit.

What do you mean changing my argument? I'm not trying to have it both ways. This doesn't conflict with anything I've ever said about the armor. I haven't ever even been in an intense debate about the armor to my knowledge, so you sound like your confusing me with someone else. Plus, being stabbed by Asgardian weapons isn't the same as being stabbed by normal weapons. Just look at Thor. The dude has all kinds of durability feats, but he got pierced by Loki's asgardian knives all the same.

If the spear went through the armor itself, how could the Destroyer have repaired itself while the spear was still there. plus if the spear was still going through the metal. when the Destroyer rotated the bands in order to turn around. the spear would have ripped a line all the way around, doing massive damage. Yeah, but that's assuming it doesn't just reform around the spear on a smaller scale. Hell, maybe that did rip out at an angle and the it just reformed that section. There's no way to tell since we don't get the angle. All we do know is that there's a hole there in it's upper back at one point, and it's embedded in its neck slit when it's completely turned around. The only way that's possible is if it reforms.

Also rewatching the scene, where the destroyer gets the spear out, you can clearly see there is no hole, it was apart of his armor. You only screen shooting the best part for your argument, you didn't just post the clip so we can all see, there wasn't a hole.

cwqvidnS21U Because thats when it's already turned around. That part is screenshotted because you only get that angle to look at the original piecing on its back. At first it's in its back. Then it's in its neck. It reformed the embedded location.

Sable
Actually there is a way to tell, based of how the destroyer gets the spear out, if you look at the area.

Also all of his amor spun around, if there was a hole the spear would have been turned around with every thing else, it didn't. And you can clearly see the armor moving around the spear.

Thats the proof it was in the slit and not hole.

Arachnid1
Actually there is a way to tell, based of how the destroyer gets the spear out, if you look at the area.

Also all of his amor spun around, if there was a hole the spear would have been turned around with every thing else, it wasn't.

Thats the proof it was in the slit and not hole Unless it just reformed around the spear the same way the rest of it's body did. There's no way to tell after he turns around. The picture I posted before pretty clearly shows a hole, because a slit would have widened all along the slit. Not just that small section it pierced.

Sable
You can clearly see the armor moving around the spear and exiting in a slit in the amor, this is an open and shut case.

Arachnid1
You can clearly see the armor moving around the spear and exiting in a slit in the amor, this is an open and shut case. Sure, if you want to ignore photo evidence.

Sable
The hole you think you see is based off the angle of the shot, if you cared to watch the whole video, from a different angle which has a better shot, you would see you are wrong.

Silent Master
If the spear made a hole in the armor that means the spear is surrounded on all sides by metal. If the spear is surrounded by metal then sed metal moving would either rip the spear out of the ground or rip a line through the moving metal.

Sable
Powers

While not as powerful as the comic version, despite this, the Destroyer is one of the most powerful non-living weapons in the MCU. The Destroyer operates at the behest of whomever holds Gungnir, the Asgardian ruler's spear, and can therefore be used for good or for evil depending on who sits on the throne. It can also therefore be stopped by an attack on its vulnerable master. The Destroyer was programmed solely for battle and destruction.

Advanced Strength: The Destroyer's large size and construction gives it a formidable physical power, enough to bat away a car hurled at it with apparent ease and swat Thor back several feet with one hit (although Thor was temporarily human at the time).

Advanced Durability: The Destroyer was constructed of alien materials that makes it highly resistant to damage. Even when pierced by an Asgardian lance it was able to continue functioning and remove it from its body and showed no signs of damage from it.

Energy Blast: The Destroyer contains Odinforce that can be unleashed through an aperture in its head. When it does this, part of the facial structure retracts downward into the lower face and the energy discharge lances out the orange-white beam. The touch of this beam was enough to blast a car to pieces or vaporize a living being. At full power, it nearly devastated half of a town.

Retrograde Positioning: The Destroyer is able to move its armor pieces so that it faces the opposite way without turning around; its back side becomes its front side and vice versa. This was used when Lady Sif drove a lance through its back and the Destroyer positions itself to blast her.

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/The_Destroyer

I rest my case.

Arachnid1
Powers

While not as powerful as the comic version, despite this, the Destroyer is one of the most powerful non-living weapons in the MCU. The Destroyer operates at the behest of whomever holds Gungnir, the Asgardian ruler's spear, and can therefore be used for good or for evil depending on who sits on the throne. It can also therefore be stopped by an attack on its vulnerable master. The Destroyer was programmed solely for battle and destruction.

Advanced Strength: The Destroyer's large size and construction gives it a formidable physical power, enough to bat away a car hurled at it with apparent ease and swat Thor back several feet with one hit (although Thor was temporarily human at the time).

Advanced Durability: The Destroyer was constructed of alien materials that makes it highly resistant to damage. Even when pierced by an Asgardian lance it was able to continue functioning and remove it from its body and showed no signs of damage from it.

Energy Blast: The Destroyer contains Odinforce that can be unleashed through an aperture in its head. When it does this, part of the facial structure retracts downward into the lower face and the energy discharge lances out the orange-white beam. The touch of this beam was enough to blast a car to pieces or vaporize a living being. At full power, it nearly devastated half of a town.

Retrograde Positioning: The Destroyer is able to move its armor pieces so that it faces the opposite way without turning around; its back side becomes its front side and vice versa. This was used when Lady Sif drove a lance through its back and the Destroyer positions itself to blast her.

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/The_Destroyer

I rest my case. 1. That's a wiki page.

2. It showed no signs of damage after turning around and reforming.

Like I said:

Yeah, but that's assuming it doesn't just reform around the spear on a smaller scale.

I'm not trying to be stubborn here (and it's pointless to keep repeating ourselves), but that photo does show a hole. The way the hole curves downwards so steeply instead of widening along the slit suggest the metal was in someway warped. It just doesn't make sense otherwise. Now lets say, for the sake of argument, that it did go through a slit. The curve of the metal at the entry point is still too steep for it to be just sitting there. It would have had to at least warp the edges. This seems less likely though, because it probably would have just pushed the bands apart.

Silent Master
Reforming around the spear would still mean the spear is surrounded on all sides by metal and thus when the bands move, the spear would either get ripped out of the ground or rip through the metal.

Why are we even wasting time with this tangent as even if we grant self-healing to the Destroyer, the IM armor is still the better choice.

Arachnid1
Reforming around the spear would still mean the spear is surrounded on all sides by metal and thus when the bands move, the spear would either get ripped out of the ground or rip through the metal.

Why are we even wasting time with this tangent as even if we grant self-healing to the Destroyer, the IM armor is still the better choice. I more mean "restructuring" as opposed to reforming. Maybe it just pushed out the spear to the nearest chink like how your skin would eventually push out a splinter. That's a stab in the dark though since we never actually get to see how it happened.

IDK thats a good point. Reforming or not, I'd still take Jarvis and the armor.

Sable
Because he made the claim and stuck on the idea and can't accept he's wrong.

Sable
1. That's a wiki page.

2. It showed no signs of damage after turning around and reforming.

Like I said:

I'm not trying to be stubborn here (and it's pointless to keep repeating ourselves), but that photo does show a hole. The way the hole curves downwards so steeply instead of widening along the slit suggest the metal was in someway warped. It just doesn't make sense otherwise. Now lets say, for the sake of argument, that it did go through a slit. The curve of the metal at the entry point is still too steep for it to be just sitting there. It would have had to at least warp the edges. This seems less likely though, because it probably would have just pushed the bands apart.

Read the rules of the forum. Wiki pages count here and I would take them as more credible evidence then your opnion.

The rest of that is your flawed opinion based on flawed facts. The armor was never damaged.

Arachnid1
Read the rules of the forum. Wiki pages count here and I would take then as more credible evidence then your opnion.

The rest of that is your flawed opinion based on flawed facts. The armor was never damaged. You seriously think that a wiki page is better evidence than a still from the movie?

"2) Google, YouTube, and Wikipedia are your friends. Use them wisely to find all sorts of neat material for your threads."

I think you're confused. Go ahead and ask a mod if that means wiki itself is the "credible evidence".

TheLordofMurder
I'd pick the Destroyer Armor in a heartbeat...

Especially if, at some point in time, the Destroyer demonstrates the same capability that it does in the comics (the ability to house the spiritual energies of the entire Asgardian Race and grow exponentially more powerful as a result)...

Even asumming that it never shows the ability to do that, I'd still pick the Destroyer; near Invulnerability with zero maintenance is too good to pass up...

Sable
You seriously think that a wiki page is better evidence than a still from the movie?

"2) Google, YouTube, and Wikipedia are your friends. Use them wisely to find all sorts of neat material for your threads."

I think you're confused. Go ahead and ask a mod if that means wiki itself is the "credible evidence".

I watched the same video as you. Your evidence is based on a bad angle. I said that wiki is more credible then your opinion.

If it made a hole in the armor. The spear would have spun around or warped the armor. It did neither.

TheLordofMurder
My two cents:

The Armor was clearly damaged as it was temporarily shut down by Sif's attack and had to reboot itself...

As for the Spear, the armor is "magic" (actually extremely advanced tech) so it can apparently do things that defy logic was pertains to fixing itself around the spear...

Silent Master
Yes, it's magical tech

Arachnid1
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
My two cents:

The Armor was clearly damaged as it was temporarily shut down by Sif's attack and had to reboot itself...

As for the Spear, the armor is "magic" (actually extremely advanced tech) so it can apparently do things that defy logic was pertains to fixing itself around the spear... These are the exact points I've been making. At this point, it feels like I'm just repeating them over and over. Either way, like SM said. This tangent isn't worth the effort.

Also, I'm kind of surprised you picked the Destroyer over the IM armor. What applications do you have in mind for it? I guess it'd be a pretty sweet weapon you could contract out and be rich off of, but it doesn't do much besides lumber around and shoot lasers.

If it ever did approach it's comic self though, that would be pretty different.

Sable
If it made a hole in the armor. The spear would have spun around or warped the armor. It did neither. This is undeniable no matter how hard you want to avoid it.

TheLordofMurder
Yes, it's magical tech

thumb up

It appeared to me that the Destroyer was flowing its body around until it came to a point to were it could easily dislodge the Spear...

TheLordofMurder
Also, I'm kind of surprised you picked the Destroyer over the IM armor. What applications do you have in mind for it? I guess it'd be a pretty sweet weapon you could contract out and be rich off of, but it doesn't do much besides lumber around and shoot lasers.

My only application for it would be to be nigh unbeatable while using it (unless someone like Thor comes around)...

When you add to that fact that the Destroyer appears to require zero maintenance and apparently never needs to be recharged (I imagine that the IM armor requires regular recharging), then for me the answer is easy...

TheLordofMurder
If it made a hole in the armor. The spear would have spun around or warped the armor.

Not necessarily...

The Armor is Magical; it doesnt have to obey the laws of physics as we know them...

relentless1
depends on which iron man suit v destroyer but real life id go with any iron man suit cuz it'd be way too much fun

Sable
Sorry magic isn't a excuse for not having answer solid evidence. The armor had no hole in it. End of story.

Arachnid1
Sure, if you want to ignore photo evidence.

Sable
You can clearly see the armor moving around the spear and exiting in a slit in the amor, this is an open and shut case. Originally posted by Sable
If it made a hole in the armor. The spear would have spun around or warped the armor. It did neither. This is undeniable no matter how hard you want to avoid it.

TethAdamTheRock
It didnt make a hole.

TheLordofMurder
Sorry magic isn't a excuse for not having answer solid evidence. The armor had no hole in it. End of story.

Its debatable...

Whats not debatable though is that Sif damaged the Destroyer; that's the only logical explanation for it shutting down and having to reboot itself...

So hole or no hole, the Destroyer WAS damaged in some fashion...the details don't really matter ultimately...what does matter is that the Destroyer was able to rapidly recover from whatever damage it sustained without missing a beat.

Sable
I never argured any of that. I struck down the theory there was a hole in the armor and that rebooting doesn't equal self healing.

TheLordofMurder
I never argured any of that. I struck down the theory there was a hole in the armor and that rebooting doesn't equal self healing.

So you agree that the Armor was damaged in some fashion?

TethAdamTheRock
It rebooted itself because the spear disabled/interfeared with armor on a frequency level

Each of those pieces have to communucate with each other for the destroyer to function

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
It rebooted itself because the spear disabled/interfeared with armor on a frequency level

There is no way to know that as the movie doesn't supply enough info to draw such a conclusion...

But if you have proof that the Spear caused interference opposed to damage, I'd love to hear it...

Sable
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
So you agree that the Armor was damaged in some fashion?

Something was damaged, but it wasn't the actual armor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.