Fist fight: Daredevil vs Black Widow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Josh_Alexander
Daredevil challanges Black Widow to a fight.

Who wins?

Sable
DareDevil

carthage
Matt destroys

Far more skilled, vastly more durable

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by carthage
Matt destroys

Far more skilled, vastly more durable

thumb up

FrothByte
This is hard to call. Daredevil has had higher highs but also lower lows. Like, Daredevil (especially in season 1) regularly struggles to put away regular thugs whereas Black Widow steamrolls through fodder whether they're trained terrorists, ultronbots or Chitauri.

However, Daredevil has also fought high-end opponents like IronFist, Elektra and Nobu whereas the only high-end opponent BW ever fought for an extended duration was Hawkeye, and even then we don't actually know how good of a h2h fighter Hawkeye is.

Inhuman
Good fight.

BW has also fought chitari soldiers and Ultron bots. Both those opponents displayed super human abilities

playa1258
Going with DD. Good fight though.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Inhuman
Good fight.

BW has also fought chitari soldiers and Ultron bots. Both those opponents displayed super human abilities

Both of the foes also demonstrated subpar fighting ability and subpar durability as well though...

Inhuman
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Both of the foes also demonstrated subpar fighting ability and subpar durability as well though...

Fighting ability I'll give you that. Durability, no.

Chitari have more than a few strength and durability feats. Like jumping off high buildings and cracking the ground where they land without injury to themselves.

Ultron bots were showed to rip through concrete streets pretty easily.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Inhuman
Fighting ability I'll give you that. Durability, no.

Chitari have more than a few strength and durability feats. Like jumping off high buildings and cracking the ground where they land without injury to themselves.

Ultron bots were showed to rip through concrete streets pretty easily.

One Ultron clone was damaged by getting hit it the head with a freaking glass bottle...

Another was destroyed by Black Widows tasers...

Their durability was horrific...

As for the Chitauri, Clints arrows were taking them down...

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
One Ultron clone was damaged by getting hit it the head with a freaking glass bottle...

Another was destroyed by Black Widows tasers...

Their durability was horrific...

As for the Chitauri, Clints arrows were taking them down...

What glass bottle? I don't recall that. The only one that comes to mind is one of the Iron Legion getting hit with a bottle that contained some sort of acid.

Josh_Alexander
Lets assume both are at the peak of their fighting skills. (No noob Daredevil or Black Widow).

Josh_Alexander
This thread refers to the Defender's daredevil, not the one interpreted by Ben Affleck.

relentless1
daredevil; much better damage soak and much better fighting skills; Widow is on par with her agility but he's got better hitting strength

carthage
Matt beat Iron Fist alone who has feats that shit on Natasha's

She has too few feats alone with notable opponents, she only relies on scaling

TheVaultDweller
If this is pure H2H, I would back Matt. Natasha tends to need gear to take out her more formidable enemies.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
This is hard to call. Daredevil has had higher highs but also lower lows. Like, Daredevil (especially in season 1) regularly struggles to put away regular thugs whereas Black Widow steamrolls through fodder whether they're trained terrorists, ultronbots or Chitauri.

It's been a long time since DD s1 though. Matt had no issues disposing of any of the Hand fodder he fought in Defenders or the latter parts of DD2 S2, and he didn't have his suit or billy club for most of the Defenders. Also, Netflix thugs are frequently ridiculously tough for fodder. Fodder Matt has fought have gotten thrown down stairwells, smashed through doorways/floors (and even a wall IIRC), clocked in the head with things like microwaves etc. and then gotten back up to keep fighting.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It's been a long time since DD s1 though. Matt had no issues disposing of any of the Hand fodder he fought in Defenders or the latter parts of DD2 S2, and he didn't have his suit or billy club for most of the Defenders. Also, Netflix thugs are frequently ridiculously tough for fodder. Fodder Matt has fought have gotten thrown down stairwells, smashed through doorways/floors (and even a wall IIRC), clocked in the head with things like microwaves etc. and then gotten back up to keep fighting.

Maybe so, but I still don't think Matt takes out fodder as easily as Black Widow does. Remember the first scene we see Black Window in the Avengers? Where she's tied up to a chair and she breaks out and demolishes her captors? I just don't see Daredevil taking them out with that kind of ease.

Now I'm not saying BW wins this match, I'm still undecided. I'm just saying DD just doesn't take out fodder with the same ease that BW does.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
Maybe so, but I still don't think Matt takes out fodder as easily as Black Widow does. Remember the first scene we see Black Window in the Avengers? Where she's tied up to a chair and she breaks out and demolishes her captors? I just don't see Daredevil taking them out with that kind of ease.

Now I'm not saying BW wins this match, I'm still undecided. I'm just saying DD just doesn't take out fodder with the same ease that BW does.

Disagree. In S1, Matt took out 3 cops in a couple of seconds, while handcuffed. And this was after getting caught in the one building of the Russians that Fisk blew up. He's taken out groups of Hand ninjas, who were fully armed, with ease as well. Like this showing, which takes him 16 seconds (he comes in at 0:24 and drops the last guy at 0:40), despite the fact that they have guns, and he had hostages to worry about:

loDsmdcuau8

Also, not all of Widow's fodder go down that easily. in CA:CW some of Rumlow's guys ate several of her hits and got right back up. In the ship fight in TWS, it takes Natasha longer to drop two guys than it has taken Matt to drop 5 or 6 in some of his fights. And, even then, she is often using gear. So, he has fodder beating feats that are a match for hers.

And, again, objectively speaking, just based on the kinds of hits they can take and get back up, Netflix fodder is tougher than the fodder Natasha fights. Also, at the end of the day, Matt has either held his own, or gotten the better of, Kingpin, Punisher, Nobu, Murakami, Bakuto, Iron Fist and Elektra. The sheer fact that he has been tested against several known skilled opponents, whereas BW has only fought Hawkeye (who was holding back during their 2nd fight), puts this fight in his corner IMO.

tkitna
I think its a really good fight. Give Matt the slight majority due to his damage soak.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.