Direct TV offering Refunds on NFL Packages

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
Protests dont pay well

Surtur
Lol, funny. But hey they are drawing attention to a worthy cause. Oh wait, what is that? Nobody is actually discussing the cause this was originally about? That would make this entire situation tragically hilarious.

Sable
No one knows what the cause is anymore. Other then hating America by kneeling for the Anthem but Standing for God Save the Queen.

Surtur
Oh now it's just about hating on Trump lol. Which Trump revels in. That is the best part in all this, the original intent has been obliterated. When hundreds of players kneel there might as well be no players kneeling.

All you hear about now is Trump or how poor millionaire Colin K can't get a team to hire him or about how they are disrespecting the flag.

Oh shit, did you see Ray Lewis? Who knelt and then said no he was just praying? Lol. There is now a petition to get rid of his statue in Baltimore. This gets more entertaining by the day.

Sable
The NFL thinks they are going to win this. They forgot the tax payers fund their sport.

ArtificialGlory
This just hit me: isn't kneeling typically seen as a gesture of deference and respect? If those guys really wish to be disrespectful, they should just sit down on the grass and pick their noses while the anthem plays.

Sable
Sorry but no, one of the players was stretching during the national anthem on the field. There is no respect here. And who are they showing repect to by kneeling?

ArtificialGlory
This looks quite respectful to me: http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/170926093228-nfl-protests-trump-zw-js-orig-00001313-exlarge-169.jpg

Surtur
Trump has tweeted out that he talked to the cowboys coach or owner or whoever knelt with them and said it will not happen again.

It will be hilarious to see what happens, because it will be a victory for Trump if none of them kneel again. At the same time Trump is reveling in this controversy and they feed into that if they do kneel.

Surtur
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
This looks quite respectful to me: http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/170926093228-nfl-protests-trump-zw-js-orig-00001313-exlarge-169.jpg

It is the context. They are kneeling at the one moment you're supposed to be standing. Even in churches there are times to kneel and times to stand.

Sable

Nice, but that wasn't during the anthem. Cute of you to leave that context out.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Sable
Nice, but that wasn't during the anthem. Cute of you to leave that context out.
I really wasn't aware whether I was during the anthem or not. OK, so how about this one: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/170925130003-09-nfl-kneeling-0924-1024x576.jpg

Surtur
TBF there is a lot of misinformation out there, it might have been shown as a picture of them during the anthem.

Sable
Who are they showing respect to?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Surtur
It is the context. They are kneeling at the one moment you're supposed to be standing. Even in churches there are times to kneel and times to stand.
Yeah, but it's so damn tame. You'd think they pulled down their pants and took turns shitting on the flag based on the reactions of some people.

Sable
I'd like to see them try that. Fire sale on NFL teams the day after.

ArtificialGlory
Who are they showing respect to?
The country, the flag, whatever. The same thing they're showing respect to when they're standing up.

Surtur
I really wasn't aware whether I was during the anthem or not. OK, so how about this one: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/170925130003-09-nfl-kneeling-0924-1024x576.jpg

I agree with you, these people do not sloppily kneel down or anything. But it is the context. They are kneeling when you are supposed to be standing.

Sable
The country, the flag, whatever. The same thing they're showing respect to when they're standing up.

So your now trying to say they are respecting the flag by refusing to come out for the anthem, kneel when your asked to stand. Fat chance proving that one.

Surtur

Are you from America?

ArtificialGlory
Are you from America?
No.

Surtur
No.

Okay that makes sense lol. I'm not saying that to insult you, but I can see now why you might think the way you do.

Yeah, we're weird here about anthems and flags. I don't find it wrong, though some in this country do find being pro america wrong.

But yeah, suffice to say making the choice to kneel at this specific time is a very specific choice not meant to convey respect. It's why so many veterans are especially upset over this, and people with family who served.

ArtificialGlory
Okay that makes sense lol. I'm not saying that to insult you, but I can see now why you might think the way you do.

Yeah, we're weird here about anthems and flags. I don't find it wrong, though some in this country do find being pro america wrong.

But yeah, suffice to say making the choice to kneel at this specific time is a very specific choice not meant to convey respect. It's why so many veterans are especially upset over this, and people with family who served.
So to me it seems more like a breach of etiquette rather than some vile act of desecration. What are they protesting, anyway? Trump?

cdtm
No.

Are you from Britain?

Just a shot in the dark, but the land of parlimentry brawls, Monty Python, and John Constantine would probably make our biggest malcontents look like happy rays of patriotic sunshine. smile

cdtm
So to me it seems more like a breach of etiquette rather than some vile act of desecration. What are they protesting, anyway? Trump?

Best guess is all purpose racism.

They really have done a terrible job of explaining exactly what they're protesting beyond vague "everything" mentions.

Surtur

Lol the answer is funny. The original protest was over police brutality against black people. Which does happen, but it's not the epidemic they say it is. On the other hand, 500 murders in Chicago so far this year, mostly black on black. This will never be knelt over.

Anyways, the original protest didn't spawn discussions about police brutality, but rather disrespecting the flag and first amendment rights. Then Trump called out some of the players, and then WAY more did the kneeling thing. So now it's just an anti-Trump thing. They are so busy foaming at the mouth over this they do not realize it. So in the end all the attention they garner doesn't go to the cause they claimed it was about and Trump is literally reveling in the attention lol. It's an epic failure.

Oh and the original guy who started this? Is essentially pro fidel castro lol. But he's now held up as some shining symbol. Too funny, I get why other countries hate us.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by cdtm
Are you from Britain?

Just a shot in the dark, but the land of parlimentry brawls, Monty Python, and John Constantine would probably make our biggest malcontents look like happy rays of patriotic sunshine. smile
Nah, I'm from Eastern Europe, but I do love me some Monty Python.

ArtificialGlory
Lol the answer is funny. The original protest was over police brutality against black people. Which does happen, but it's not the epidemic they say it is. On the other hand, 500 murders in Chicago so far this year, mostly black on black. This will never be knelt over.

Anyways, the original protest didn't spawn discussions about police brutality, but rather disrespecting the flag and first amendment rights. Then Trump called out some of the players, and then WAY more did the kneeling thing. So now it's just an anti-Trump thing. They are so busy foaming at the mouth over this they do not realize it. So in the end all the attention they garner doesn't go to the cause they claimed it was about and Trump is literally reveling in the attention lol. It's an epic failure.

Oh and the original guy who started this? Is essentially pro fidel castro lol. But he's now held up as some shining symbol. Too funny, I get why other countries hate us.
Figures. Don't they understand that Trump doesn't embody the flag and vice versa? In several years, Trump will be gone, but the flag, the country, the constitution, etc. will remain.

Sable
Figures. Don't they understand that Trump doesn't embody the flag and vice versa? In several years, Trump will be gone, but the flag, the country, the constitution, etc. will remain.

The end game is to remove any token or symbol of unity, and to remove the constitution. Schools now literally debating removing the founding fathers names from schools named after them.

Surtur

They don't understand a lot of things lol. It's Trump Derangement Syndrome on full display. They'd shave their heads if Trump told them they have a nice haircut.

cdtm
The end game is to remove any token or symbol of unity, and to remove the constitution. Schools now literally debating removing the founding fathers names from schools named after them.

No surprise, really.

Do you know much about how a board of trustee works? Essentially, it's about a half dozen assholes making the big decisions, and everyone that works or runs the school has no say at all in this. One of those trustee's is usually always the governor.

In CT, for example, both Yale and the University of Connecticut have the governor on their board.

The rest is generally in large part unelected, chosen by other board members, or installed for life.

Bottom line, they have no real check on their power, no direct ties with the schools, and so are free to make the stupidiest decisions based on politics, whim, or whatever, and the people who actually live with their decisions have no say in it whatsoever. Yet they must live with their decisions.

Sable
Wow. The Gov sits on the Board of Trustees in Yale and UC? Thats just disgusting.

Adam_PoE
DirecTV customers threatening to cancel their NFL Sunday packages over players kneeling before a game? What a bunch of snowflakes!

Sable
People can't accept the 2016 election. What a bunch of Snowflakes! But wait it's the Russians!!

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59cc45eee4b02aef6cd76665?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Flyattractor
, but the flag, the country, the constitution, etc. will remain.

Not if certain forces in the U.S have their way... aka the Fascist Leftist Progressives.

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
DirecTV customers threatening to cancel their NFL Sunday packages over players kneeling before a game? What a bunch of snowflakes!

I support this. Sports Channels are the main reason TV services are so damn Expensive. You have to pay for those Overpayed Bigots and A-Holes salaries even when you don't watch their shit.

They can all go Screw!!!

Surtur
People can't accept the 2016 election. What a bunch of Snowflakes! But wait it's the Russians!!

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59cc45eee4b02aef6cd76665?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Hell, what about all those special little snowflakes on the left who constantly try to get people taken off the air by going after their sponsors? What about those snowflakes? Hannity is just one guy they have tried to do it to. It must kill them he just beat Maddow in the ratings in his debut at a new time slot(same as her timeslot).

Oh and thanks for the Huffpo link because it reminds me of a story that needs a topic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.