Will Snoke more powerful than Sidious?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
What do you guys think? Vote please

MythLord
Either is possible, but I'm betting on more powerful.

Darth Thor
I honestly don't even think he will be more powerful than Vader.

Remember Kylo Ren's fear about never being Vader's equal? Would be an odd feat to have, and would be odd for him to revere Vader so much if his own Master is so much greater.

Kurk
Canonically speaking, absolutely. There seems to be an evolutionary positive feeback loop in regards to force power in canon.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Remember Kylo Ren's fear about never being Vader's equal? Would be an odd feat to have, and would be odd for him to revere Vader so much if his own Master is so much greater. Right, because Kylo definietly knows how powerful Vader was erm

Zenwolf
Probably given Sidious isn't absurdly as powerful in Canon. That and the ST seems to be going on this whole "bigger is better." Thing.

MythLord

Remember Kylo Ren's fear about never being Vader's equal? Would be an odd feat to have, and would be odd for him to revere Vader so much if his own Master is so much greater.

Kylo's own fear about presently not being a match for Vader has nothing to do with Snoke, lmfao.

slayne
Originally posted by MythLord
Either is possible, but I'm betting on more powerful.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Right, because Kylo definietly knows how powerful Vader was erm

Yeah I'm sure Luke told him nothing about Vader.

Kylo's own fear about presently not being a match for Vader has nothing to do with Snoke, lmfao.

So that's perfectly logical to you? That he aspires to be as strong as Vader instead of Snoke, despite Snoke being more powerful than Vader?

twotter
Thor, if I'm currently a su-chef at a restaurant, is it illogical that I aspire to run my own restaurant eventually, instead of being a TV famous Gordan Ramsey mimicker? I mean it would be nice, but it's not my current goal, nor one that I see as being achievable.

twotter
Better yet, if Kylo was simply idolising the most powerful person possible why doesn't he have a shrine to Sidious, who we know is more powerful than Vader?

MythLord
So that's perfectly logical to you? That he aspires to be as strong as Vader instead of Snoke, despite Snoke being more powerful than Vader?

Then why doesn't he aspire to be as strong as Sidious? Or maybe it's a matter of familial goals in mind; He has a set standard he has to meet with what his grandfather did(I will finish what you started) and to do so Ren believes he should be as powerful as Vader.

TenebrousWay

Perhaps Snoke is so above Vader that it'd be improductive for Kylo to try to reach that level of power from where he's right now?

Darth Thor
Then why doesn't he aspire to be as strong as Sidious? Or maybe it's a matter of familial goals in mind; He has a set standard he has to meet with what his grandfather did(I will finish what you started) and to do so Ren believes he should be as powerful as Vader.

Well he has/had no relationship with Sidious at all. But Vader was his grandfather, and the source of his own powers. Whereas Snoke is his current dark side master.

Like I said it just wouldn't make much sense to me. Not that this Star Wars trilogy makes much sense as it is.

relentless1
nah, he will be wizard of oz behind the curtain trickery, I doubt he's Qui Gon level tbh

UCanShootMyNova
I see Snoke being Dooku level at best tbh.

darthbane77
Snoke will definitely be more powerful. I see Snoke possibly reaching Valkorion/DE Sidious levels of power, or at least very near that.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by darthbane77
Snoke will definitely be more powerful. I see Snoke possibly reaching Valkorion/DE Sidious levels of power, or at least very near that.

How are you coming to that specific conclusion exactly?

Kurk

Zenwolf
Well not arguing that, just wondering how DB is coming to such specifics on the power. I mean he could also not be, but I guess we'll wait n see.

Rockydonovang
@kurk, source?

Also, vitiate's canon now?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
@kurk, source?

Also, vitiate's canon now?

Nah, still Legends.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Nah, still Legends.
But the quote kurk posted mentioned Vitiate....

Zenwolf
But the quote kurk posted mentioned Vitiate....

Novel mentions nothing of Vitiate or anything like that, just that Palps sensed some great force that called to him.

Rebel95

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rebel95
What do you guys think? Vote please I have said so from the beginning. Of course he will. Starkiller vastly more powerful than the Death Star and Snoke will be a lot more powerful than that weak old man Palpatine.

Greysentinel365
Of course he will be. "Biggerer is betterer"

Kurk
Originally posted by quanchi112
I have said so from the beginning. Of course he will. Starkiller vastly more powerful than the Death Star and Snoke will be a lot more powerful than that weak old man Palpatine. ...except that Snoke is, like, hundreds of years older. Have you seen his deformities lol?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Snoke isn't a man.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
...except that Snoke is, like, hundreds of years older. Have you seen his deformities lol? Snoke aged better. Obviously. Palpatine was a weak cuck to the bitter end. **** him. Snoke and Kylo are better than Palpatine and Vader. I've said so since the first film.

#teamsnoke

Kurk
Snoke aged better. Obviously. Palpatine was a weak cuck to the bitter end. **** him. Snoke and Kylo are better than Palpatine and Vader. I've said so since the first film.

#teamsnoke http://www.omega-level.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/star-wars-the-last-jedi-supreme-leader-snoke-2.jpg

*aged better*

quanchi112
He looks spectacular. Thanks for proving my point.

Palpatine and his sub par posture can rot in hell for all I care.

playa1258
He will be more powerful by a significant margin.

Only Luke will have a chance against him.

godemperortrump
Sheevites will be crying forever.

quanchi112
I warned Sheevites for years and if even one of these Sheevites tries to jump ship I'll kill them where they stand.

ares834
...except that Snoke is, like, hundreds of years older. Have you seen his deformities lol?

We don't know that.

Zenwolf
We don't really know anything yet. Heh. Basics aside.

Trocity
He looks spectacular. Thanks for proving my point.

Palpatine and his sub par posture can rot in hell for all I care.

laughing out loud

MythLord
Well he has/had no relationship with Sidious at all. But Vader was his grandfather, and the source of his own powers. Whereas Snoke is his current dark side master.

Like I said it just wouldn't make much sense to me. Not that this Star Wars trilogy makes much sense as it is.

Him having no relationship with Sidious is irrelevant, as according to you his goal is power. The fact that Anakin is his grandfather would make the familial bond only stronger and make him aspire to be his level first and then maybe overthrow Snoke later. Once again, it could also be referring to the task of handling the Jedi Order.

Let me give you a real life example: A young boy hears how his grandfather was a soldier in a war, who fought bravely for his country. Inspired, he goes into the millitary to try and emulate what his grandfather did. Would he then immediately throw his grandpa out the window as a set goal when he sees the generals overseeng his training and be like Yeah, screw that old cuck, I wanna be like this big dude who's barking orders at me!?
No, obviously not. The connection between Ren and Vader is familial and a key part for the emotional development of Ben.

An example in Star Wars is how ancient Sith such as Exar Kun, or TOR Sith such as Malgus inspired Palpatine's acolytes and even Vader... I'm assuming Malgus is > Sidious now?

darthbane77
Originally posted by Zenwolf
How are you coming to that specific conclusion exactly? Nothing really specific, I just get the feeling that's what Lucasfilm is going for. Like you said yourself, they seem to be operating based on a "bigger is better" plan. And what SW villains are bigger than DE Sidious and Valkorion? I mean, sans Abeloth, but I don't think she's gonna be included into Canon anytime soon.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by darthbane77
Nothing really specific, I just get the feeling that's what Lucasfilm is going for. Like you said yourself, they seem to be operating based on a "bigger is better" plan. And what SW villains are bigger than DE Sidious and Valkorion? I mean, sans Abeloth, but I don't think she's gonna be included into Canon anytime soon.

Well I mean, Canon is pretty much a clean slate, so he could be more powerful within the context of the Canon universe but not the Legends.

I'm just not really seeing DE Sid or Valk levels, given how ridiculous some of their stuff is. I mean we'll see what's what though.

Kurk
Originally posted by Rebel95
Where is that quote from Quora

Rockydonovang
Quora
laughing

Darth Thor
Him having no relationship with Sidious is irrelevant, as according to you his goal is power. The fact that Anakin is his grandfather would make the familial bond only stronger and make him aspire to be his level first and then maybe overthrow Snoke later. Once again, it could also be referring to the task of handling the Jedi Order.

Let me give you a real life example: A young boy hears how his grandfather was a soldier in a war, who fought bravely for his country. Inspired, he goes into the millitary to try and emulate what his grandfather did. Would he then immediately throw his grandpa out the window as a set goal when he sees the generals overseeng his training and be like Yeah, screw that old cuck, I wanna be like this big dude who's barking orders at me!?
No, obviously not. The connection between Ren and Vader is familial and a key part for the emotional development of Ben.

An example in Star Wars is how ancient Sith such as Exar Kun, or TOR Sith such as Malgus inspired Palpatine's acolytes and even Vader... I'm assuming Malgus is > Sidious now?

When he meets a better mentor then he would most likely look up to him more than to his revered ancestor. Doesn't mean he's saying "screw him" to the ancestor.

Unless of course Snoke is some completely different entity where he can't possibly ever hope to be as powerful.

Otherwise I have no idea why you family ties will always be so much stronger than ties with real life mentors.

MythLord
Because it's a certain familial standard and wish to finish what his grandpa started. Also, yeah there is the possibility and all-likelihood that Snoke is simply beyond Kylo's ability to surpass.

Kurk
laughing Should be pretty easy to rip apart that quote then, right?

Darth Thor
Because it's a certain familial standard and wish to finish what his grandpa started. Also, yeah there is the possibility and all-likelihood that Snoke is simply beyond Kylo's ability to surpass.

Well I'm hoping not. There's no need for Snoke to be > Palpatine in this time period where besides Luke the only threats are Rey and Kylo, and Vader would trounce them both.

I really hope they don't just do the Starkiller Base compared to Death Star nonesense.

Plus Snoke seems to have been in hiding during the OT. Unless of course he came later from another galaxy or some shit like that.

MythLord
Snoke and Palpatine were implied to wage a mental, Dark Side war in Empire's End IIRC.

Rockydonovang
Snoke and Palpatine were implied to wage a mental, Dark Side war in Empire's End IIRC.
who won?

Rebel95
I just thought that Sidious sensed a powerful dark side presence in the unknown regions or something

SunRazer
Empire's End doesn't indicate anything to me, really. We know far too little about Snoke to make a judgement on this now. All I can say is that it's possible, given the ST is so far trying to one-up the OT on everything.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by SunRazer
All I can say is that it's possible, given the ST is so far trying to one-up the OT on everything.

When will they get that doesn't make it any good.

quanchi112
When I am proven Snoke is superior and called it out of the gate you bet your ass I'm going to rub this shit in. Prepare yourselves Sheevites because Snoke is coming for you. smile

Darth Thor

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I see Snoke being Dooku level at best tbh.

We called it b****es!

quanchi112
We called it b****es! Andy Serkis and reality disagree with you. This thread is proof the Ot fanboys won't accept anything that contradicts their preconceived notions. Rey and Ben are so extremely powerful Luke only felt this level of power twice. On screen Snoke obliterated Rey in terms of force power. Undeniable.

TheMuser
I Hate to be....ya know.....that guy. But if we are comparing Rey/Kylo to Legends characters their honestly not even that good from what I can tell. Luke/Snoke aren't much better.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by TheMuser
I Hate to be....ya know.....that guy. But if we are comparing Rey/Kylo to Legends characters their honestly not even that good from what I can tell. Luke/Snoke aren't much better.

Well the majority of threads with them are just New Canon only, so don't think that's a real issue.

Unbowed
We called it b****es!
Snoke would TK crush Dooku and Vader into a ball and then use it to knock Palpatine's head off his shoulders. laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Andy Serkis and reality disagree with you.

laughing out loud

The Ellimist
quanchi, it's a pretty bad indication of your own bias when you just happen to wank or un-wank every single character that you predicted was going to be powerful or weak before the movie even comes out (e.g. Snoke, Superman, etc.). There are two possibilities:

1. You have magical foresight and can predict the plot details of every single movie, or

2. You twist everything to suit your preconceived biases.

I somehow doubt it's the first one.

Trocity
No, he is Dooku level tbh.

Also, I know he only appeared in hologram form in TFA, but does anyone else feel like Snoke looked and spoke much differently in TFA than he does in TLJ? He seems like such a cold and ominous presence in TFA, but in TLJ, he just seems like a deranged, passion-filled old man.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Trocity
No, he is Dooku level tbh.

Also, I know he only appeared in hologram form in TFA, but does anyone else feel like Snoke looked and spoke much differently in TFA than he does in TLJ? He seems like such a cold and ominous presence in TFA, but in TLJ, he just seems like a deranged, passion-filled old man.

Yeah, I didn't like the change tbh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.