Tournament of Power KMC Version DOS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Let your inner Nerdism out. Deep dig in into your bias and pick a High Herald Class character and lower, to become your avatar. The character you rep.

Rules:
First Come First Serve.
Other members can not double dip.

Depending on the successes this topic goes...I may kick-start a free for all tournament.

Maybe.

abhilegend
Hal Jordan

JBL
Superman.

Philosophía
Energy Superman.

LordofBrooklyn
Silver Surfer

Facee
Thor ( male)

Digi
Interesting. Supes has been historically ineffectual in tourney formats, despite pretty clearly being the top high herald (or at least top two for the Surfer and/or Thor-backers). It's been a noticeable gap in perception between the vs. forum and tourneys.

If I had the patience, I'd pick someone in the hopes of a free-for-all happening. But I'll still be watching with interest. All logical picks so far.

Facee
^ I always vomit a little in my mouth when I see your Sig/avi. erm

Digi
Originally posted by Facee
^ I always vomit a little in my mouth when I see your Sig/avi. erm

thumb up

This has inspired me to enter. I choose Spider-Man (Tobey version)

fdog

-K-M-
Puck

Stoic
Invincible

Damborgson
Jane Thor. Screw it.

leonidas
laughing out loud

you should have your thor-card removed. sneer

-Pr-
Originally posted by Digi
Interesting. Supes has been historically ineffectual in tourney formats, despite pretty clearly being the top high herald (or at least top two for the Surfer and/or Thor-backers). It's been a noticeable gap in perception between the vs. forum and tourneys.

If I had the patience, I'd pick someone in the hopes of a free-for-all happening. But I'll still be watching with interest. All logical picks so far.

I was robbed twice, is why.

Badabing
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Silver Surfer Your DC card has been revoked.

Damborgson
Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

you should have your thor-card removed. sneer

The real Thor was taken already! sad sick

carver9
Eradicator.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Damborgson
The real Thor was taken already! sad sick

Coulve picked Bill smh

Snowbird

Philosophía
I saw an old tournament free for all where everybody had one post to say their strategy, and then judges would decide based on those.

I think if this was implemented, that should be the way to go, as in no rebuttals, otherwise it would just muddle the waters.

Jane Thor. Screw it.
Should've chosen Loki. Teleport his body to another dimension while his Astral Projections stays here, and go to town. There's no telepath present yet.

RealityWarper
Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)

carver9
Wait a minute. We can use anyone?

RealityWarper
Originally posted by carver9

I hesitated to pick Sentry because people believes that he is a street-leveler but that would be cheating. laughing out loud

Digi
If it remains one post only - no rebuttals at all - I would consider entering.

Originally posted by -Pr-
I was robbed twice, is why.

laughing out loud thumb up

I do think it has something to do with the differences between tourneys and vs. forum battles. So like, Supes v. Thor, I have to side with the boyscout even as a Thor fan. But give me Thor all day in a tourney. More powers, and less weakness exploitation (and there's no need to get into whether those weaknesses truly make him vulnerable...it's enough that some people believe they do). And when the fights become more about the plans and tricks and traps, "Superman can power his way through it" tends to have less importance than in a vs. battle when it comes to judging. Creativity tends to be rewarded, and "I go to 11" isn't seen as creative, even if it's true he has a higher individual ceiling.

I don't use that specific example to troll; it's an example that's been proven true in tourney history. Supes has had zero success while Thor is among the most prolific. I think the only Superman to have any legs in a tourney was WAY back, and it was All-Star Superman (and Blair doing some shenanigans with DNA power cloning as only he knows how). Hell, I'd probably take Majestic before Kal, at least in a team or amalgam tourney. Regardless of how well you argue against k-nite or red sun radiation or magic or whatever, some judge will vote against it.

High herald or lower.

-Pr-

I do think it has something to do with the differences between tourneys and vs. forum battles. So like, Supes v. Thor, I have to side with the boyscout even as a Thor fan. But give me Thor all day in a tourney. More powers, and less weakness exploitation (and there's no need to get into whether those weaknesses truly make him vulnerable...it's enough that some people believe they do). And when the fights become more about the plans and tricks and traps, "Superman can power his way through it" tends to have less importance than in a vs. battle when it comes to judging. Creativity tends to be rewarded, and "I go to 11" isn't seen as creative, even if it's true he has a higher individual ceiling.

I don't use that specific example to troll; it's an example that's been proven true in tourney history. Supes has had zero success while Thor is among the most prolific. Hell, I'd probably take Majestic before Kal, at least in a team or amalgam tourney. Regardless of how well you argue against k-nite or red sun radiation or magic or whatever, some judge will vote against it.

High herald or lower.

I will just continue to blame Brucie and Delph for their bias. That is my plan.

==

Also, I choose Cyclops, and expect to die in the first round so I won't even try.

RealityWarper
No one is picking Tangent Superman, Flash or Superboy Prime ?

Digi
Originally posted by RealityWarper
No one is picking Tangent Superman, Flash or Superboy Prime ?

They might. Though based on the tiers, SBP would not be allowed. Same with Sentry. Not sure about Tangent.

RealityWarper
They might. Though based on the tiers, SBP would not be allowed. Same with Sentry. Not sure about Tangent.

I agree.

SBP is stronger than a lot of characters.

Sentry is just too overpowered.

Tangent is fine I think.

leonidas

Also, I choose Cyclops, and expect to die in the first round so I won't even try.

laughing out loud

-Pr-
I'm still the Cyclops guy on this board, so might as well.

leonidas
i applaud you standing up and admitting that. thumb up and at least you still have a guy... i gotta get my name attached to someone. mmm

-Pr-
i applaud you standing up and admitting that. thumb up and at least you still have a guy... i gotta get my name attached to someone. mmm

Could always get attached to more than one.

I mean, I'm also probably the Colossus guy.

tkitna
Aquaman for Pr. Start the tourny out in the desert so we can get this over with.

-Pr-
Originally posted by tkitna
Aquaman for Pr. Start the tourny out in the desert so we can get this over with.

Wouldn't make a huge difference.

DarkSaint85
If anything goes, and we can do whatever we like as long as it ends in our opponents defeat, I choose Wally West Flash.

Khazra Reborn
Is merged Genis-Vell high herald?

DarkSaint85
If he beats me, then yes thumb up

Id, I hope this turns into a tourney now. Have psyched myself up. I've told my wife I'm going to be ignoring her for a couple of days.

But a one post tourney would be great, actually. No need for hosts or whatever, just an OP detailing the rules (or lack of, anything goes) and we're set.

I'd like to remind all that Wally is ginger and as such, has no soul.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by "Id"
Let your inner Nerdism out. Deep dig in into your bias and pick a High Herald Class character and lower, to become your avatar. The character you rep.

Rules:
First Come First Serve.
Other members can not double dip.

Depending on the successes this topic goes...I may kick-start a free for all tournament.

Maybe.

Never been in a tourney, and I don't know what "DOS" means in this context,
but ...

Wonder Woman.

DarkSaint85
thumb up good to have you on board.

And I know it's rare,but I'm not being sarcastic. Genuinely mean it. It would be interesting.

RealityWarper
How is the tournament managed ? Is that alike a Battlezone ?

Philosophía
Id will make an opening post, and then we'll all have one post to say our strategy, then judges will read all of the posts and make a judgement on who is more likely to win.

He'll let us know.

----

I propose that if we have this many contestants, we make the opening post 2 posts , to be able to address most of what we're up against.

If we have one paragraph for each adversary, to be able to at least scarcely address each.

DarkSaint85
I punch every one, really phucking hard.

Hardly need two posts.

Bentley
Kang and his ship.

Yes, I'm making that standard equipment kangbiscuits

leonidas
anything goes...? sweet. lol

Digi
Merged Genis likely isn't HH. I forget if the tiers officially weigh in on him.

Originally posted by Bentley
Kang

thumb up

Originally posted by Bentley
and his ship.

ermm

Philosophía
In that case, I'd also want Superman's fortress of solitude.

DarkSaint85
Share it with JBL.

It'll be a wacky flatmate comedy.

RealityWarper

Sin I AM

DarkSaint85
Does the forum rules applies to the Tournament ?

I'm ASSUMING so, as in no non canon sources (unless you've drafted a non canon character), but I think we get a massively open space, but CIS/PIS don't apply (well, in Leo's case CIS is always on...)

RealityWarper
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I'm ASSUMING so, as in no non canon sources (unless you've drafted a non canon character), but I think we get a massively open space, but CIS/PIS don't apply (well, in Leo's case CIS is always on...)

Imo the PIS/CIS is mostly the readers not accepting the feats

celeyhyga17
Jane Thor. Screw it.
I knew it.

Closet sjw here.

leonidas

only if it helps me win. lol i remember trying to get digi to lose it using pis/cis in a match i had with him. i think it was the luke match. it sorta worked because i think he was sorta po'd briefly. awwww good times.

Smurph
thumb up

Shaman Nate Grey

"Id"
Originally posted by Smurph
thumb up

Shaman Nate Grey

MothERFuc.....!!!

Glad to see your interested.

I am reading the topic.

I'll clear up somethings.

Smurph
MothERFuc.....!!!

Glad to see your interested.

I am reading the topic.

I'll clear up somethings. Hahaha... surprised that it took 3 pages to draft him.

Awesome. thumb up

ShadowFyre
IDW/Marvel Godzilla Amalgam

Philosophía
Id, can you post some guidelines, for how the battle will take place, what's allowed and what's not?

It might make a lot of people change drafts, and the first few pages will be pointless.

Blair Wind
There needs to be a clearer understanding of rules and locations, everyone vs everyone or one on one actual tournament, etc etc.

Good all around picks (Flash, Silver Surfer, Nate Grey jump to mind) that are powerful enough that the rules won't really matter.

DarkSaint85
I vote for utter carnage, anything goes. Completely open arena, the entire world is our battlefield, everyone fights everyone.

Of course, this means people need to put aside their usual personas, and be serious if they really are going to be in the tourney. So if LoB says Surfer, he's really going to join and use SS, rather than just saying him and then not turning up, messing it up for others who may have wanted to draft him.

Philosophía
I vote for utter carnage, anything goes. Completely open arena, the entire world is our battlefield, everyone fights everyone.

Of course, this means people need to put aside their usual personas, and be serious if they really are going to be in the tourney. So if LoB says Surfer, he's really going to join and use SS, rather than just saying him and then not turning up, messing it up for others who may have wanted to draft him. thumb up I'm all for this.

Maybe an invisible dome around the planet, so nobody gets out under any means - forced or otherwise.

Blair Wind
I think the only Superman to have any legs in a tourney was WAY back, and it was All-Star Superman (and Blair doing some shenanigans with DNA power cloning as only he knows how).

stick out tongue

DarkSaint85

darthgoober

I don't use that specific example to troll; it's an example that's been proven true in tourney history. Supes has had zero success while Thor is among the most prolific. I think the only Superman to have any legs in a tourney was WAY back, and it was All-Star Superman (and Blair doing some shenanigans with DNA power cloning as only he knows how). Hell, I'd probably take Majestic before Kal, at least in a team or amalgam tourney. Regardless of how well you argue against k-nite or red sun radiation or magic or whatever, some judge will vote against it.

High herald or lower.
Hey I can mtch him... don't forget I ended up with a whole army of Silver Adaptoids at one point evil face stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
goober, you should join!

ShadowFyre
I don't plan on winning as Godzilla, but with one of the best regens in comics, and the ability to already withstand blackhole level attacks, I get to rage and destroy until I'm put down . Plus I've never done this before so it will be a simple nd fun character to use.

darthgoober
goober, you should join!
I considered it but I don't think so. A one post limit would drive me nuts... I can be a little long winded if you haven't noticed lol

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by darthgoober
I considered it but I don't think so. A one post limit would drive me nuts... I can be a little long winded if you haven't noticed lol

Scared of the challenge of being clear, concise and to the point, I see sneer

darthgoober
Scared of the challenge of being clear, concise and to the point, I see sneer
Pretty much. I'm more of a "cat and mouse" debater lol

Besides, tourneys just aren't really my thing anymore. I try not to invest myself that much anymore.

leonidas
Smurph with the shaman instead of god cable or Cassie??? I approve. Lol

Facee
Everyone on the battlefield will be hard pressed with the mother of all storms I'll be bringing down with Thor. I'm talking magical lightning strikes, monster tornadoes, hurricanes, etc. I feel bad for cyclops, I really do.

carver9
I change my person. I'm choosing Zoom.

DarkSaint85
Bwhahaha

Smurph
Smurph with the shaman instead of god cable or Cassie??? I approve. Lol thumb up Time to go rip off all your tourney ideas!

Ambient
Pity the Judge!

Imagine judging a fee for all tourney with 10+ participants, that be a nightmare.

leonidas
thumb up Time to go rip off all your tourney ideas!

laughing out loud

he's a beast and one of my faves. betting he forces some changes in picks....

DarkSaint85
I notice you have yet to jump on, leo. Scared your win over me was a....FLASH in the pan?

leonidas
laughing out loud

zoom was my first thought tbh, but didn't think he'd be legal. flash was obviously my next choice. best pick in the field so far imo, unless zoom is considered legal. i have a couple guys kicking around. waiting to see if there are rule changes.

DarkSaint85
It's just Hunter, and I reckon he's legal, as long as self BFR is allowed evil face i didn't want to choose him because of that, plus other reasons. Carver can have our sloppy thirds lol.

By self BFR I meant as every time he uses his powers he's in different timeline. Like Nightcralwer technically self BFRs himself every time.

leonidas
yeah that's a draw back.... lol

"Id"
Damn it. I am a ****ing clutz.

I had a draft of the damn rules and I erased it.

Philosophía
I don't think there'll be any people left to judge, lol.

"Id"

carver9
Id... if we are using Dragon ball Super Style for this tourney, they are unable to fly due to their flight being turned off by the Gods. Is that in effect here as well? Also, no killing allowed. The only way you can win is by getting your/all opponent out of the ring. The only thing they have close to flight is high jumping but I'm sure you would have to have fts of people jumping really far????

carver9
Here is the tournament of power rules. This will make things highly interesting if we followed this because people are choosing a lot of folks that are familiar with flight and weapons...take those away and you have a challenge that would take a lot of thinking to accomplish...

https://youtu.be/P5ZuAq-KRx8

"Id"
Id... if we are using Dragon ball Super Style for this tourney, they are unable to fly due to their flight being turned off by the Gods. Is that in effect here as well? Also, no killing allowed. The only way you can win is by getting your/all opponent out of the ring. The only thing they have close to flight is high jumping but I'm sure you would have to have fts of people jumping really far????

We are fighting on their arena. But NOT using their rules. For rules refer to my post.

You can fly. You can kill. etc..

RealityWarper
We are fighting on their arena. But NOT using their rules. For rules refer to my post.

You can fly. You can kill. etc..

Can we create teams ? big grin

"Id"
Can we create teams ? big grin

You can team up with other members. You are limited to one character to draft.

RealityWarper

Great big grin

Blair Wind
So it's a free for all in one arena?

"Id"
Originally posted by Blair Wind
So it's a free for all in one arena?

Yes

RealityWarper
How many are we ?

Maybe someone can list all the characters/players ?

Damborgson

leonidas
laughing out loud

@phil: no sh!t i said the exact same thing about the judges to ds on fb. but really, who cares? fun is in the draft and making your plan. thumb up

ShadowFyre
I've never done this so is there a template or something so I can get an idea of what my draft is supposed to look like? We just list their powers and what their strategy/agenda is?

Blair Wind
Go look through the Battlezone forum (the sub forum here)

JBL
Well, I'm ready, I got good ole superman so let the tournament begin.

"Id"
How many are we ?

Maybe someone can list all the characters/players ?
I'll compile a list on Monday.

leonidas
is monday a deadline or something?

Blair Wind
Abhi - Green Lantern
JBL - Superman
Philo - Energy Superman
LoB - Silver Surfer
Face - Thor Odinson
Digi - Spider-Man (Tobey Movie version specifically. No comic references)
Stoic - Invincible
Damborgson - Jane Thor
Carver - Zoom
Sin - Snowbird
RealityWarper - Kenshiro (anime allowed?)
PR - Cyclops?
DarkSaint - Wally West Flash
Blue - Wonder Woman
Bentley - Kang, minus his ship
Smurph - Shaman Nate Grey
ShadowFrye - Godzilla

-Pr-
Yes, and whoever gets paired with me gets a by, I'm guessing.

Blair Wind
Abhi - Green Lantern
JBL - Superman
Philo - Energy Superman
LoB - Silver Surfer
Face - Thor Odinson
Stoic - Invincible
Damborgson - Jane Thor
Carver - Zoom
Sin - Snowbird
PR - Cyclops?
Blue - Wonder Woman
ShadowFrye - Godzilla

Yes, and whoever gets paired with me gets a by, I'm guessing.

It's a free for all, not a set of matches.

carver9
If anime is allowed, I'm most def changing my person. Please let me know. Thanks.

-Pr-
Abhi - Green Lantern
JBL - Superman
Philo - Energy Superman
LoB - Silver Surfer
Face - Thor Odinson
Stoic - Invincible
Damborgson - Jane Thor
Carver - Zoom
Sin - Snowbird
PR - Cyclops?
Blue - Wonder Woman
ShadowFrye - Godzilla

Oh, right. I try to kill Digi. That's my strategy.

Smurph
Oh, right. I try to kill Digi. That's my strategy. giving away your strategy? rookie move.

Facee
Wait, Monday is the deadline? Some of us have jobs roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously what's the deadline?

-Pr-
giving away your strategy? rookie move.

It's not like I have the X-Men to call on, or even the belief that an OML blast will do much. So why not?

Digi
Oh, right. I try to kill Digi. That's my strategy.

Yes, you can try.

stick out tongue

Facee
Yes, you can try.

stick out tongue
I'm going to godblast you just because of your Sig/avi. no expression

DarkSaint85
All I wanted to know is if I could kill.

Thanks.

Damborgson
DS is going to annihalate us.

DarkSaint85
Hahaha I'm going to throw the actual sun this time.

Spot could only portal to it.

Winter could channel it

Aurora could approximate it.

This time, it will be an actual Sun buster.

"Id"
If anime is allowed, I'm most def changing my person. Please let me know. Thanks.

comic book characters only.

"Id"
Wait, Monday is the deadline? Some of us have jobs roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously what's the deadline?

No deadline yet. Still ironing out some stuff.

DarkSaint85
Id, will you be gracing us with your presence?

RealityWarper
Abhi - Green Lantern
JBL - Superman
Philo - Energy Superman
LoB - Silver Surfer
Face - Thor Odinson
Stoic - Invincible
Damborgson - Jane Thor
Carver - Zoom
Sin - Snowbird
PR - Cyclops?
Blue - Wonder Woman
ShadowFrye - Godzilla

I am fine is animes are allowed.

Technically the Gaidens and the Fist of the Blue Sky should be allowed also.

Kenshiro owns the techniques of the former masters.

DarkSaint85
Comic only,RW.

RealityWarper
Comic only,RW.

I am fine with that.

DarkSaint85
As mod, Pr should change forum rules so that Cyclops auto wins lol

RealityWarper
As mod, Pr should change forum rules so that Cyclops auto wins lol

Or:

- The OP set-up a time limiit to post.
- Pr post and ban everyone during the time limit
- Pr wins.

DarkSaint85
The scary thing is, Carver and I could team up. Sworn enemies, uniting against a common foe. Along the way, we learn some things about each other,and realise we're actually more alike than we care to admit.

A heartwarming tale of friendship and battle boards forums, coming to cinemas this Christmas holiday.

Philosophía
For those who have enormous speed, you're missing an opportunity to rape your opponent

Just a heads up, carver thumb up

DarkSaint85
Infinite Mass Donkey Punch thumb up

Philosophía
I'll hold him down.

RealityWarper
I remember I played some Free Far All in Warcraft III.

It was a big mess. laughing out loud

Facee
Somebody should pick BRB and team up with Jane and myself. 3 hammers no expression

ShadowFyre
Anyone who tries to rape me will basically be crushed and nuclear pulsed, if I even notice them doing it. Tbh, Carver could probably do cartwheels inside my butt and I would have no idea.

Digi
Switching my pick. I want to give you guys a fighting chance. Tobey would leave no survivors. My new pick is...

Garfield Spider-Man

-Pr-
Switching my pick. I want to give you guys a fighting chance. Tobey would leave no survivors. My new pick is...

Garfield Spider-Man

Eesh. That guy kills entire franchises, never mind characters.

Blair Wind
#BringBackGarfield.

Still hoping Marvel gives us an olive branch and does a Spider-Verse movie (due to Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet messing with reality) starring the new kid and bringing in Tobey, Garfield, and Spider-Gwen to teach the new kid stuff as mentors and having a Garfield/Spider-Gwen romance subplot to tie that story up.

-Pr-
If only.

DarkSaint85
Am collating scans as we speak.

By tourney end, Dark Flash will enter the annals of forum myth.

Sin I AM
Shadowfyre is going down

Blair Wind
Am collating scans as we speak.

By tourney end, Dark Flash will enter the annals of forum myth.

Great. The tens of people still here will remember.

Sin I AM
#BringBackGarfield.

Still hoping Marvel gives us an olive branch and does a Spider-Verse movie (due to Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet messing with reality) starring the new kid and bringing in Tobey, Garfield, and Spider-Gwen to teach the new kid stuff as mentors and having a Garfield/Spider-Gwen romance subplot to tie that story up.

Itd be awesome. Evem if they make a cameo and are sittimg in a restaurant casually chatting while holland is off battling in the distsnce would be cool

Facee
My first strike killing Bentley.

https://ibb.co/cekTDw

DarkSaint85
Great. The tens of people still here will remember.

Ah but they will remember......

Sin I AM

Kang will be the first casualty. A casual backhand is all thats needed

deathslash
Two questions.

1. Is this tourney still going on?

2. Do the characters have to be from comics?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by deathslash
Two questions.

1. Is this tourney still going on?

2. Do the characters have to be from comics?

Yes

Yes

DarkSaint85
Abhi - Green Lantern
JBL - Superman
Philo - Energy Superman
LoB - Silver Surfer
Face - Thor Odinson
Stoic - Invincible
Damborgson - Jane Thor
Carver - Zoom
Sin - Snowbird
PR - Cyclops?
Blue - Wonder Woman
ShadowFrye - Godzilla

RW will have to change from Kenshiro, as anime and manga characters aren't allowed.

RealityWarper
RW will have to change from Kenshiro, as anime and manga characters aren't allowed.

Ah come on ><

I take ELIXIR then ! big grin

Sin I AM
Ah come on ><

I take ELIXIR then ! big grin

Good pick. Not sure what he could do combat wise

-K-M-
Lionel Jeffries probably would have been better

DarkSaint85
Lionel Richie would've been better.

DarkSaint85

How does this work? Can teams win?

deathslash
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Yes

Yes thanks.

One last question. Am I allowed to use a character that hasn't personally appeared in comic form, but has allies and enemies that do?

Facee
How does this work? Can teams win?
This has to be clarified. If I team with Jane for example, and we win , what next ? Do we make another post to battle each other?

DarkSaint85
Jane's gonna steal yo hammer, boy.

Not sure why a team up is needed evil face

Philosophía
Odinson has reached such a pit, that he needs to team-up with his replacement, otherwise she steals his hammer and beats him with it.

leonidas

what about this thing makes you think you'll be able to get in any strike at all? lol

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>