Shang Chi, Black Panther, Taskmaster vs. Bronze Tiger, Deathstroke, Azrael

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JoeyVanHalen
t1 or t2?

Supermutant
leaning Team 2, this would make a cool BZ match

Zack M
Having Slade and Azrael on the same team is overdoing it. Especially since both have tough armors.

Vanguard
A fight I'd want to see. I'm not sure Shang Chi could hang. Thats why I lean towards team 2.

MrMind
no one can match azrael

deathslash
Panther probably solos tbh.

Zack M
laughing out loud

RadZoa
Yeah Shang is too weak, Panther and Taskmaster won't be able to protect him.

Supermutant
Originally posted by RadZoa
Yeah Shang is too weak, Panther and Taskmaster won't be able to protect him.

Why do you think Tasky is better than Shang?

deathslash
Originally posted by Zack M
laughing out loud so I'm guessing that they have some sort of answer to panther summoning an army of spirits to fight for him then.

Zack M
And he does this on a regular basis? He would certainly need that to compete.

deathslash
And he does this on a regular basis? He would certainly need that to compete. using it on a regular basis doesn't matter. It's an established power that he has and he's fighting to the best of his ability.

https://m.imgur.com/a/FDBJI

He solos.

cdtm
T'challa beats Slade.

Shang beats Bronze Tiger.

Taskmaster beats Azrael.

"Fanboyism!"

Nonsense.

Shang's performance against Danny Rand and Gorgon alone puts him among the cream de la cream of martial artists. Panther's current tech level is too much for Slade without his Ikon suit. And Taskmaster is frankly above streets. low showings aside. He should be able to beat any five top tier regular martial artists by himself.

cdtm
Originally posted by Vanguard
A fight I'd want to see. I'm not sure Shang Chi could hang. Thats why I lean towards team 2.

??

How's that? I could see this attitude before his Avengers run exposure, but he's had some pretty nice feats since. Shattering the leg of one of those robot things from the Secret Wars tie in, for example. After it put Cap down in one vs one.

Shangs consistently been one of the top streets across comic lines, with feats ranging from stopping a "Hulk level" character's punch, to taking down a Doom Bot on TWO occasions, to holding his own with Gorgon better then anyone in a fair fight (He's clearly fallen since, judging by Mariko beating him)

IMO, he'd be a good match for classic Slade.

Supermutant
Lol @ taskmaster being above streets. Azrael have better gear and better stats plus a better w/l record than Tony. Tony has some nice high ends feats but nowhere near as consistent as JPV.

cdtm
Taskmaster can go double speed.

He often doesn't, but that's pis for you.

Supermutant
Nope that was only with the very specific Udon suit

cdtm
Meh. Azbats losing to Castle will always be one of my top comic book moments of all time. stick out tongue

But I'll try and be fair, and admit I'm overplaying Tasky.

Shang, OTOH, is being criminally underplayed by some here. If you compare his record to Bronze Tiger's, there is no comparison.. One shotting Batman and holding his own with Slade < all the crazy shite Shang has done over the years.

Sin I AM
t2. Chi/Task lack armor

Vanguard
Originally posted by cdtm
??

How's that? I could see this attitude before his Avengers run exposure, but he's had some pretty nice feats since. Shattering the leg of one of those robot things from the Secret Wars tie in, for example. After it put Cap down in one vs one.

Shangs consistently been one of the top streets across comic lines, with feats ranging from stopping a "Hulk level" character's punch, to taking down a Doom Bot on TWO occasions, to holding his own with Gorgon better then anyone in a fair fight (He's clearly fallen since, judging by Mariko beating him)

IMO, he'd be a good match for classic Slade.

He's skilled yes. But what's to keep him from getting slashed or shot? Plus like Sin and Zack say, armor is a factor here.

cdtm
He's skilled yes. But what's to keep him from getting slashed or shot? Plus like Sin and Zack say, armor is a factor here.

Wonder Woman style bracelet blocks:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124811/4138154-7531179218-38186.jpg

Beats Matt's nightstick deflections. smile

And again, Doom Bots. They're all tough enough to give Ben or Cage problems.

cdtm
Originally posted by Sin I AM
t2. Chi/Task lack armor

Doesn't need it.

Think about how tough Danny is now. Forget the bullet train nuke, I'm just talking about flying a 20,000 feet in the air or falling from a skyscraper flat on his back to the pavement, and walking away.

Diamondback broke his back, and he literally walked it off (Was confirmed afterwards by a nurse his back is broken.)

For all the wankery by different writers, Danny STILL sweats Shang.

deathslash
He's skilled yes. But what's to keep him from getting slashed or shot? Plus like Sin and Zack say, armor is a factor here. aside from the level of skill that's kept him from getting shot or stabbed in the past? He can also disperse the damage across his body to mitigate the effectiveness of the attack.

Armor doesn't mean anything when team two gets taken out before it even gets to that point.

Supermutant
Meh. Azbats losing to Castle will always be one of my top comic book moments of all time. stick out tongue

Punisher pulled Azbats gas grenade and ran away. Hardly a definitive outcome especially since JPV was in control and holding back. Pun was also wounded from a gunshot.

OTOH Tasky got chumped by Mr. X and scared witless by Moonknight. Two-shotted by Elektra and one-shotted by unenhanced BP. He's definitely not above streets. He would need more showings like his recent one against Deadpool and Pun to make up for some of his terrible showings.

Vanguard
Originally posted by deathslash
aside from the level of skill that's kept him from getting shot or stabbed in the past? He can also disperse the damage across his body to mitigate the effectiveness of the attack.

Armor doesn't mean anything when team two gets taken out before it even gets to that point.

Nah. Not good enough.

He's also physically inferior. He wouldn't out last anyone on team 2. I don't see him putting down anyone on team 2 with a quickness.

Sin I AM
Nah. Not good enough.

He's also physically inferior. He wouldn't out last anyone on team 2. I don't see him putting down anyone on team 2 with a quickness.

this. skills are a wash but hes not durable enough

deathslash
Nah. Not good enough.

He's also physically inferior. He wouldn't out last anyone on team 2. I don't see him putting down anyone on team 2 with a quickness. Originally posted by Sin I AM
this. skills are a wash but hes not durable enough you guys are still tap dancing around the army of spirits.

Zack M
Which he barely uses on average.

deathslash
Which he barely uses on average. they're fighting to the best of their ability.

Also, don't try to use that "on average" BS with me. We both know that you go off of extremely high end feats for the DC characters and then act like it's suddenly their average.

Zack M
Yes, but also they fight in character. Can you please show me the instances Panther has done this in a street fight?

deathslash
Yes, but also they fight in character. Can you please show me the instances Panther has done this in a street fight? What the f**k? ........In character, panther already fought against street level characters doing this exact same thing. Hell, I already posted it, but here it is again.

https://m.imgur.com/a/FDBJI

There are actually several times where he casually summoned the previous panther's just to have conversations with them.

Zack M
He fought an army, so that's understandable. Suit of Sorrows can protect from metaphysical and physical attacks, so I don't see them hurting Lane, at least.

cdtm
Nah. Not good enough.

He's also physically inferior./B]

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/107456/4927625-1010418381-37140.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/107456/4927626-8150494755-21121.jpg
Sure he is.

Zack M
Jean Paul fought both Batwomsn and Cassandra Cain at the same time.

cdtm
Jean Paul fought both Batwomsn and Cassandra Cain at the same time.

That's Hiroim, one of the Warbound.

They're all Savage Hulk level.

deathslash
He fought an army, so that's understandable. Suit of Sorrows can protect from metaphysical and physical attacks, so I don't see them hurting Lane, at least. not an army. It was a group of about 10-30.

Is it immune to spiritual attacks, or does it only partially protect against them?

Zack M

Yes, but Az's swords are pretty haxx. Physicality doesn't really mean anything.

Zack M
not an army. It was a group of about 10-30.

Is it immune to spiritual attacks, or does it only partially protect against them?

The armor is built by a religious cult or something. I'm not totally sure if it's immune, but it protects the user from harm. It depends on the Azrael, though.

Vanguard

Is Shang Hulk level?
Is he Deathstroke level?

Or are you just saying he can hang?

Sin I AM
you guys are still tap dancing around the army of spirits.

nobody gives af about that...

cdtm
Is Shang Hulk level?
Is he Deathstroke level?

Or are you just saying he can hang?

The second.

I can totally buy Shang legitimately blocking a Hulk level punch, with a combination of skill and chi (Again, he hurts Iron Fist, and I've posted feats that prove his durability and damage soak can be insane at times..)

deathslash
It's funny that the durability of Shang Chi is in question when bronze tiger has zero durability feats worth talking about. Hell, he doesn't wear armor either.

Zack M
Well, he has one. He was punched through several pillars and feat by Starfire. He was in his tiger form, though.

cdtm
It's funny that the durability of Shang Chi is in question when bronze tiger has zero durability feats worth talking about. Hell, he doesn't wear armor either.

I was thinking the same thing.

I'm kind of surprised at the Shang lowballing here. I thought his Avengers time would have cemented him as pretty formidale by now.

I can remember guys like Srank putting Shang over Slade with his classic stuff.

Zack M
That was a while ago. Characters change. Shang isn't over Slade now.

deathslash
That was a while ago. Characters change. Shang isn't over Slade now. funny, cause I remember Shang only getting more and more impressive feats as time went on.

Zack M
Shang is impressive, but I was talking more about Slade. His stock was dropping, but not anymore. I'd rank him higher than Cap or Batman now.

deathslash
Shang is impressive, but I was talking more about Slade. His stock was dropping, but not anymore. I'd rank him higher than Cap or Batman now. thumb down cap and bats both have far better feats than Slade does. From Cap fighting a version of himself that's wearing Iron Mans armor and using thors hammer to Batman holding his own against zoom, they have far superior feats.

Zack M
laughing out loud Come on. Deathstroke fought Lobo. And we saw a inferior Slade hang with Batman. If he were 100%, he would have taken him out. Although, Bats defeated Slade in his own book, we'll see another encounter in another month under Priest.

DarkSaint85
Batman moved faster than Lobo could see.

Sliced his fingers right off.

And he didn't have Nth metal backing him up.

One Big Mob
laughing out loud Come on. Deathstroke fought Lobo. And we saw a inferior Slade hang with Batman. If he were 100%, he would have taken him out. Although, Bats defeated Slade in his own book, we'll see another encounter in another month under Priest. Priest admitted Batman should get his head cracked by Deathstroke with a punch.

Don't get your hopes up

Zack M
Slade was able to catch Tigorr (Who was using super speed and was trying to ambush him) through his senses alone, by the shift in the air. And this is without Nth Metal.

Zack M
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Priest admitted Batman should get his head cracked by Deathstroke with a punch.

Don't get your hopes up

When did he admit this?

One Big Mob
When did he admit this?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t650718.html

DarkSaint85
Slade was able to catch Tigorr (Who was using super speed and was trying to ambush him) through his senses alone, by the shift in the air. And this is without Nth Metal.

And Batman has tagged Zoom.

The guy who blitzes Flashes lol.

Trying to go feat for feat with Bats won't end well.

Zack M
I guess he and I are on the same page. We'll see when the new showdown happens.

https://i.imgur.com/b5Lv6bN.jpg

Zack M
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Zoom also got tagged by Damage. sad

Anyway, Priest will have Slade wipe the floor with Bruce. stick out tongue

cdtm
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

The king of PIS, Bats is. thumb up

Rivaled perhaps only by Cap.

Zack M
I wonder if Shang's chi will have an affect on Az's swords, if any affect at all.

RadZoa
I think we can all agree that Slade would solo this with ease

sonicwires
okay but how do they hurt black panther?

Zack M
Az's swords can probably one-shot.

cdtm
I wonder if Shang's chi will have an affect on Az's swords, if any affect at all.

Grasscutter one shotted pre Chaos King, a skyfather level being who killed Zeus.

Shang survived a slash just fine.

deathslash
Az's swords can probably one-shot. it didn't oneshot batwoman or Cassandra. .....

Zack M
it didn't oneshot batwoman or Cassandra. .....

That's is because it never made contact. Besides, I was talking about Lane. He one-shotted Grayson.

Az is also able to do this with a simple touch. Azrael Vs Bane.

https://i.imgur.com/Ddx7HZk.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/H0SpebT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VOwOglV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FBjTWZU.jpg

Azrael Vs Jason Todd and Tim Drake

https://i.imgur.com/meD4PQP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EBhJA3a.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/meD4PQP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rqSbkQe.jpg

deathslash
You're not making a very compelling case. Bane took three different slashes from the sword and even caught one of them with his bare hands. He's not oneshotting anyone here.

Zack M
You're not making a very compelling case. Bane took three different slashes from the sword and even caught one of them with his bare hands. He's not oneshotting anyone here.

Can you read? I never said Jean Paul would. I said Michael Lane. The guy with different swords than Jean.

RadZoa
Damn looks like Az would solo too.

cdtm
It's not like Shang rogues doesn't include a martial artist who can give Danny a time of it, wearing full body armor that shocks you unconscious at a touch.

Or deflected bullets with a wristband.

Doesn't matter how effective that sword is, Az may be good, but he ain't Gorgon.

Zack M
It's not like Shang rogues doesn't include a martial artist who can give Danny a time of it, wearing full body armor that shocks you unconscious at a touch.

Or deflected bullets with a wristband.

Doesn't matter how effective that sword is, Az may be good, but he ain't Gorgon.

Az is probably more skilled than Gorgon. The suit of sorrows gives the wearer the skills of ALL past users. And one of those users was Batman. It also increases his strength, speed, durability, and endurance 10 fold. Azrael surived an attack from a living sun, ffs.

JoeyVanHalen
T1 -- Shang is too skilled for T2

Senor Cage
Azrael simply uses mind control. Easy win

deathslash
Originally posted by Senor Cage
Azrael simply uses mind control. Easy win cut the bullshit. This thread was made back in 2017. Azriel isn't retroactively getting his new power ups.

Senor Cage
We use current versions, unless specified otherwise.

deathslash
We use current versions, unless specified otherwise. .......we only use that when it's within reason. Every single Azrael thread that doesn't specify the version doesn't now retroactively have him gain the stats of a literal New God. If Shang Chi suddenly got the Infinity Gauntlet tomorrow, he still wouldn't have it within this fight.

This is also a very thinly veiled excuse for you to say that they win....

Senor Cage
Either way, Azrael is too much. His armor gives him an advantage.

deathslash
Either way, Azrael is too much. His armor gives him an advantage. ......yeah......I've been reading up on him both in Oddysey as well as his past appearances. So I feel like I have to ask, what sort of feats does he have that can make you say that with a straight face?

Senor Cage
......yeah......I've been reading up on him both in Oddysey as well as his past appearances. So I feel like I have to ask, what sort of feats does he have that can make you say that with a straight face?

Facing off against cassandra and Batwoman simultaneously. Not to mention the suit makes him the perfect assassin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.