If you had a time machine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
What is one historical period or evolutionary period in human history you'd like to see and learn from? Would you go to the height of the Roman Empire, to the time of the Dinosaurs, or an era of time that isn't widely studied? What lessons would you come back and teach other humans?

Flyattractor
well there was that sale on spatulas last Tuesday...

Sable
I would go to the future 100, 1,100, 10,100, 100,1000 years ahead in the future spend a 30 days in each, then decide what I liked the best. And stay there. Probably stay in the time where they had conquered death.

BackFire
I agree, if I could I'd go into the future. If that's not an option for whatever reason, I'd probably go to Ancient Egypt and see the construction of the great pyramid.

Robtard
I believe he's talking only about time travel to the past.

But a prevailing theory is that time travel is only possible to the future: It's the "twin paradox", where one twin stays on Earth while the other leaves Earth at realistic speeds on a space craft. The twin traveling will experience a slower passage of time compared to his twin on Earth. So when space-twin returns, to him only a handful of years could have passed while his twin brother has aged decades, thereby he's returning/traveling to the future from his POV.

The film 'Interstellar' touched on this, as a recent example.

Impediment
To be perfectly honest, I'd travel to my teenage years and kick myself in the ass for all the dumb shit I did and warn myself.

Emperordmb
As a Christian, and as somebody who would still view Jesus as the greatest philosopher regardless of his divinity, I'd go back and talk to Jesus tbh, see if there's anything enlightening I could learn firsthand.

Bashar Teg
i would travel back in time to when trump was a child and report his parents to child services.

Sable
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i would travel back in time to when trump was a child and report his parents to child services.

Trump has a time machine, so he would know you were coming and depose of you.

BackFire
Nah he's too busy eating KFC

Sable
And wtf is wrong with KFC?

Bashar Teg
*McDotard's

BackFire
Popeyes is better.

Sable
To you maybelaughing out loud

BackFire
Popeyes' gravy is delicious and I won't hear a word saying otherwise.

Sable
Half priced chicken knockoff

Bashar Teg
it's not even up for debate. pretty sure their potato wedges are the only thing keeping kfc in business because their chicken sucks.

BackFire
Originally posted by Sable
Half priced chicken knockoff

You know we've always been pretty cool with eachother, but this is the last straw.

You've made a powerful enemy today.

Sable
Bushes Chicken > all

Sable
Originally posted by BackFire
You know we've always been pretty cool with eachother, but this is the last straw.

You've made a powerful enemy today.

http://i.imgur.com/3Q4fCCI.gif

BackFire
Originally posted by Sable
Bushes Chicken > all

Never had it. Gonna look it up now.

Raisen
go back and bang mamma like Michael j. fox

Bashar Teg
on second thought i would travel back to 1930's germany to warn them all to stop ignoring the anti-fascism threat...because that was probably super-important as well, for no reasons of personal convenience or deflection. shifty

Flyattractor
First Choice of things to do with a Time Machine (that falls with in the parameters of the Threads OP" Straight up Time of the Dinosaurs! Fuhh any of that Human Era BS. At least any of the Eras that don't have indoor plumbing and daily bathing habits.
So Natural History is def must visit for me.

Other then that a Time Machine would be used mainly to Make da Money and to play Pranks...

Kurk
I think of all the diseases, lack of hygiene, ignorance of many things stemming from the previous centuries. Absolutely repulsive to live in that sort of age; especially considering the short average life-spans. That being said, I would travel back to no earlier than the mid 1970s, and using everything I know today, become some incredibly famous rich person like Bill Gates.

That is of course assuming future travel isn't allowed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.