Can intelligent life survive the end of the Universe?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
When the Universe experiences its final moments billions of years from now, is it possible that a hyper intelligent civilization escapes? What are some theoretical ways a society can escape the end of the universe?

Bashar Teg
assuming intelligent life existed: maybe

Eternal Idol
What would you consider the end of the universe?

If you mean either of the two leading theories, the Big Freeze or the Big Crunch, no. I don't think any lifeforms will survive those scenarios.

Robtard
Theoretically, could travel to another dimension, could time travel to when the universe implodes and then explodes (BBT) again, recreating itself. Could time travel back to the beginning of the universe and ride it out for another X amount of billions of years, though that could create a paradox.

BackFire
There's a pretty cool theory that inside each black hole is a completely new universe. So theoretically I guess you could say if a civilization was advanced enough they could venture through a black hole and into a new universe that isn't ending.

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
There's a pretty cool theory that inside each black hole is a completely new universe. So theoretically I guess you could say if a civilization was advanced enough they could venture through a black hole and into a new universe that isn't ending.

What if they venture into one right as it's ending!?

BackFire
Then they're the Larry David of aliens.

Emperordmb
Yes, the grace of heaven will save us from oblivion.

Raisen
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yes, the grace of heaven will save us from oblivion.

you're trolling theists aren't you

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by BackFire

I've heard of these theories, and it would be incredible if true, but I think the crushing gravity and pressure venturing anywhere near a black hole would destroy just about anything.

Surtur
If God is real, why would he let the universe end?

Bashar Teg
https://i.imgur.com/89Zqfr8m.jpg

Surtur
I actually said "if" he is real. I think he's as real as Superman and Doctor Doom. But if he is, why let it end?

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Surtur
I actually said "if" he is real. I think he's as real as Superman and Doctor Doom. But if he is, why let it end?
rsH5CZEQtBA

Sable
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
https://i.imgur.com/89Zqfr8m.jpg

Do you feel the same way when someone says Allah is real?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard
Theoretically, could travel to another dimension, could time travel to when the universe implodes and then explodes (BBT) again, recreating itself. Could time travel back to the beginning of the universe and ride it out for another X amount of billions of years, though that could create a paradox.

So you choose the "SCIENCE FICTION" angle... Maybe we will get lucky and the Uni will change its sex thus extending the life of it...cause THATS SCIENCE!!!!!!

If God is real, why would he let the universe end?

You obliviously didn't read his book.

NemeBro
If God is real, why would he let the universe end? Because everything that has a beginning has an end, Neo.

Surtur
Originally posted by NemeBro
Because everything that has a beginning has an end, Neo.

Well played.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Raisen
you're trolling theists aren't you
Nah I'm actually a Christian, I just figured playing it up a little might trigger some atheists.

By which I mean some atheists are chill so I don't dislike atheists as a whole, but the subset of atheists who would actually be emotionally invested in whether or not I believe in God deserve to be triggered by that lmao.

Surtur
If the Christian God does exist I at least wanna meet the one angel with four faces one of which is a lion.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Sable
Do you feel the same way when someone says Allah is real?
Given that allah is a god, yes, I'd imagine so

Flyattractor
If the Christian God does exist I at least wanna meet the one angel with four faces one of which is a lion.

You meet two-faced people all the time right now..

Raisen
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Nah I'm actually a Christian, I just figured playing it up a little might trigger some atheists.

By which I mean some atheists are chill so I don't dislike atheists as a whole, but the subset of atheists who would actually be emotionally invested in whether or not I believe in God deserve to be triggered by that lmao.

I agree. there are many atheists who get too emotional over theists' beliefs

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
You meet two-faced people all the time right now..

Yeah, but none of the faces are lions. Or bears. Bears would be better, but nope. When is someone gonna make a werebear movie?

UCanShootMyNova
Yeah, but none of the faces are lions. Or bears. Bears would be better, but nope. When is someone gonna make a werebear movie?

You should read the Dark Tower. It has an 8 faced god 2 of which are a bear and a lion. smile

dadudemon
So...one of Bardock42's favorite short stories explores this thought.

http://multivax.com/last_question.html

It's a good read. Read it.

The real question from OP is, "Can entropy be reversed enough to allow intelligence life, as we know it, to outlive heat death?"

and bashar already answers: maybe.

Well, other than maybe introducing some to a great short story, I added ****all to this thread. Okay, weeeee?

Flyattractor

I seemed to recall they made a bunch of Killer Bear Movies in the late 70's to compete with Jaws. Bears are the Sharks of the Land dontchyaknow...

Granted all the movies are crap but still...

Bentley
There is no intelligent life outside a Universe, if it was either the Universe would continue through that life or it'd belong to another Universe.

I hear this idea of time travelling or going to different dimension: this is still keeping the Universe complete because it was never really complete to begin with. Ways to cheat the death of the Universe seem to reinforce the idea that Universes were never enclosed and definitive to begin with, so the only thing that dies with them is an old idea of limit.

Mindship
Read "Ring" by Stephen Baxter. Epic, monumental. Deals with this topic with an end to the universe that's rather unique. All I'll say is, it has to do with the Great Attractor.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mindship
Read "Ring" by Stephen Baxter. Epic, monumental. Deals with this topic with an end to the universe that's rather unique. All I'll say is, it has to do with the Great Attractor.

thumb up

Also, glad to see you post.

quanchi112
Thanos will survive this.

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos will survive this.

So no intelligent life? Gotcha

biscuits

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Mindship

Yeah. My Cousin is a pretty "on i"t guy...

Mindship
Originally posted by dadudemon
thumb up

Also, glad to see you post. Why thank you sir.

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah. My Cousin is a pretty "on i"t guy... It's one of my favorite novels, right up there with Ringworld. But then, I've long considered Baxter a worthy successor to Larry Niven.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.