9 Facts About Slavery They Don't Want You to Know

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
Well All Be dammed. Here I thought, it was just evil white people who owned slaves in America. Turns out one of the first actual LEGAL (by court order) slave owner was black.

A bunch of other interesting and yes important fact in here.

Link

Surtur
Originally posted by Sable
Well All Be dammed. Here I thought, it was just evil white people who owned slaves in America. Turns out one of the first actual LEGAL (by court order) slave owner was black.

Link

Lol but it says American Indians owned black slaves. Whaaat? We're supposed to hold them as reverent. Surely they bought them and immediately freed them.

Also how is one a "native" if their ancestors came here via the 8ering Strait? Shaman magic?

Bashar Teg
wow so if you cherry pick a self-hating black person it kinda cancels out social injustice. please stop making these stupid threads.

jaden101

Link

Like, OH EM GEEEE. slavery ended like a million years ago. Like can you like just OMG shut up about it.

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden101
Like, OH EM GEEEE. slavery ended like a million years ago. Like can you like just OMG shut up about it.

Indeed, and it would be the epitome of sadness if a place like the UN told up to pay reparations for it.

Nobody could do that without being an imbecile, agreed?

jaden101
Originally posted by Surtur
Indeed, and it would be the epitome of sadness if a place like the UN told up to pay reparations for it.

Nobody could do that without being an imbecile, agreed?

U wot mate?

Surtur
U wot mate?

Lol my bad, just some dipshits at the UN said reparations should be paid by people who never committed the wrongdoing to people who never experienced the wrongdoing.

Legit that happened recently.

jaden101
Lol my bad, just some dipshits at the UN said reparations should be paid by people who never committed the wrongdoing to people who never experienced the wrongdoing.

Legit that happened recently.

The UN remembers the other Donald and his black sidekick Colin.

Surtur
The UN remembers the other Donald and his black sidekick Colin.

At least Colin wasn't raised by well off white people. That would be hilarious if it was the case.

Sable

I would try to, but 65 million Americans won't shut up about it, I have to keep bringing facts forward.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^I know you're joking Jaden but there are people out there who literally think like that. There are individuals alive TODAY who one generation over had slave ancestors. One generation! That's ****ed! And there are people alive today who would have been lynched if they stared a white woman too long! And a shit load of people would have a cheered and another shit load would have been like...."Damn that's horrible...but you know, they have no business mingling with us" and they would have been accused of being too soft.

------

What is the purpose of this thread?

Are you pointing out that North American/Europeans were not the only people to own slaves? Of course, where there is civilization, there is some form of slavery.

But are you suggesting -through this post- that the criticism levelled against the "white male" are somewhat unfair? Because you posted 9 facts (Which I haven't fact checked) but if I was to list every crime committed by a "white scandanavian culture" against a person of colour, not only individually but the ramifications to them geographically/economically/spiritually etc. I could be here for weeks.

We're all white people pieces of evil shit? Of course not, that's ridiculous but less than 150 years ago it was considered to be a progressive idea that someone who was not white was above a dog. Not because they were a slave -Romans had slaves- but because they were inherently less than human because of their race. Entire fields were warped by confirmation bias among very educated men to prove this. It was such a fundamental believe that for it not to be true would be considered irrational. Let's take a random example: The romans had slaves too, but a roman was a roman not because of their skin colour (Of course there were racist ****s) but because you were an inferior people, conquered or barbaric and useles not because you were inherently less than human. Do you understand that distinction? And why it's been so damaging to African Americans? The entire foundation and political system for your country was laid out under the assumption that the white man was superior. It'll take another 200 years until those biases are dealt with.

Sable
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
wow so if you cherry pick a self-hating black person it kinda cancels out social injustice. please stop making these stupid threads.

"A" and in singular? It was more like plural.

"The census of 1830 lists 3,775 free Negroes who owned a total of 12,760 slaves."

Sable
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
^I know you're joking Jaden but there are people out there who literally think like that. There are individuals alive TODAY who one generation over had slave ancestors. One generation! That's ****ed! And there are people alive today who would have been lynched if they stared a white woman too long! And a shit load of people would have a cheered and another shit load would have been like...."Damn that's horrible...but you know, they have no business mingling with us" and they would have been accused of being too soft.

------

Are you pointing out that North American/Europeans were not the only people to own slaves? Of course, where there is civilization, there is some form of slavery.

But are you suggesting -through this post- that the criticism levelled against the "white male" are somewhat unfair? Because you posted 9 facts (Which I haven't fact checked) but if I was to list every crime committed by a "white scandanavian culture" against a person of colour, not only individually but the ramifications to them geographically/economically/spiritually etc. I could be here for weeks.

We're all white people pieces of evil shit? Of course not, that's ridiculous but less than 150 years ago it was considered to be a progressive idea that someone who was not white was above a dog. Not because they were a slave -Romans had slaves- but because they were inherently less than human because of their race. Entire sciences were constructed and warped to prove this. It was such a fundamental believe that for it not to be true would be considered irrational. The rromans had slaves too, but a roman was a roman not because of their skin colour (Of course there were probably racist ****s) but because you were an inferior people, conquered or barbaric and useles not because you were inherently less than human. Do you understand that distinction? And why it's been so damaging to African Americans?

Don't worry about checking the facts, Snopes checked them for you lazy bones.

For you to be coming out of the gate like this out of no where with a 3 paragraph essays means you are clearly triggered from facts.

Surtur

------

We're all white people pieces of evil shit? Of course not, that's ridiculous but less than 150 years ago it was considered to be a progressive idea that someone who was not white was above a dog. Not because they were a slave -Romans had slaves- but because they were inherently less than human because of their race. Entire sciences were constructed and warped to prove this. It was such a fundamental believe that for it not to be true would be considered irrational. The rromans had slaves too, but a roman was a roman not because of their skin colour (Of course there were probably racist ****s) but because you were an inferior people, conquered or barbaric and useles not because you were inherently less than human. Do you understand that distinction? And why it's been so damaging to African Americans?

Yes, less than 150 years ago that happened. And now currently blacks are 13% of the population and responsible for over 50% of the murders, per FBI statistics.

Sable
I sense severe triggering since this came from a liberal bastion of truth known as SNOPES.

Surtur
I sense severe triggering since this came from a liberal bastion of truth known as SNOPES.

I wonder if knowing that Malcolm X had sit downs with the KKK would trigger people?

Sable
I wonder if knowing that Malcolm X had sit downs with the KKK would trigger people?

High Five!
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/first-lady-michelle-obama-greets-local-school-children-after-reading-picture-id461889214

Surtur
Lol that pic never gets old. Look at her, how is she not an uncle Tom with a vagina?

Sable
Lol that pic never gets old. Look at her, how is she not an uncle Tom with a vagina?

https://i.imgur.com/ZY51aPP.gif

Sable

Can you come over here to America and say this on CNN? Ill fcking pay for your ticket.

Surtur
https://i.imgur.com/ZY51aPP.gif

You think Obama would have had the same success if he married a white woman?

Sable
Yes

Surtur
I dunno, I do sometimes wonder.

Sable
He would have been fine. He's a charamatic person. He will go down as one of the better modern president's overall he's better then Jimmy Carter and Richard Nixon and George W. Bush.

Surtur
He would have been fine. He's a charamatic person. He will go down as one of the better modern president's overall he's better then Jimmy Carter and Richard Nixon.

Oh I know 100% he won't go down as bad. He'll be the first black president. That is his claim to fame.

Sable
He kinda stole the thunder for whoever the first woman President is, it's not going to be the same.

Surtur
He kinda stole the thunder for whoever the first woman President is, it's not going to be the same.

He also ruined "hope and change" as a slogan. Thanks Obama.

Sable
Well wait, since Hillary is literally considered the President by millions of delusional assholes, the next person who's a woman will be the second.

Surtur
Well wait, since Hillary is literally considered the President by millions of delusional assholes, the next person who's a woman will be the second.

Remember, women voted for Trump over Hilary because they refused to listen to their inner voices.

Now, why did any woman vote for Obama over Hilary? Well...wait now. It's racism if we use the same excuse. Shit. I'm at a loss to say why then, um....look over there! *Flees*

Sable
Hillary said their husbands forced them to.laughing out loud talk about being an icon for feminism(not)

Surtur
Hillary said their husbands forced them to.laughing out loud talk about being an icon for feminism(not)

This means husbands were probably beating their wives with newspapers telling them to vote for Bill back in 92 and 96.

To be fair that was a very progressive WH. Monica had no trouble taking a knee.

Flyattractor

Unlike how Modern Leftist will dump an entire race (such as whites) into one big category of They are ALL Racist...

Sadly. No it hasn't Ended totally. There are still slaves in the world even today.

MythLord
And somehow all of that makes the vast majority of Whites owning slaves okay...

Sable
Who said that Mr strawman?

SquallX
Originally posted by MythLord

Whites own whites
Muslims owned whites
Muslims owned blacks
Blacks owned blacks
Asians own asians
Natives own natives

The strong conquers the weak, that has always been the law of the land since the beginning of time. There need to be a time when we need to shut the **** up about Slavery.

Funny thing is, I don't see liberals are blacks in arms about the fact that right now in 2017, blacks still owns other blacks as slave in Africa, and the Middle East owning black slaves.

Most people that open their mouths cares little about slavery.

Sable

"A report by the Walk Free Foundation in 2013, foundIndia_had the highest number of slaves, nearly 14 million, followed by_China_(2.9 million),_Pakistan_(2.1 million),_Nigeria,_Ethiopia,_Russia,_Thailand, Democratic Republic of_Congo,_Myanmar_andBangladesh; while the countries with the highest of proportion of slaves ...

Estimates of the number of slaves today range from around_21 million-29 million to 46 million. Modern slavery is a multibillion-dollar industry with estimates of up to $35 billion generated annually. The United Nations estimates that roughly 27 to 30 million individuals are currently caught in the slave trade industry."

Silent Master

Cite your Source in regards to the vast majority of whites owning slaves.

Sable
He can't. He doesn't know what the civil war as about either apparently.

ArtificialGlory
The vast majority of whites were not slave owners.

RHaggis

And people wonder why the white eth-nats are gaining more traction.

Surtur

You surely don't mean America, right? Because we never had anywhere near a vast majority of people owning slaves.

Sable
He's probbably another ignorant Foreigner who won't be returning to back him claim or return to the gdf for a while.

Surtur
Because less than 10% of the population owned slaves lol.

Sable
Just another ignorant retard of history. "Vast Majority of whites in America owned slaves."

laughing out loud

MythLord
I worded myself wrong. I apologize; Most peeps at that time couldn't afford slaves; my intention was saying the vast majority of slave owners were white, and a select few being black doesn't rid them of any guilt.

Surtur
I worded myself wrong. I apologize; Most peeps at that time couldn't afford slaves; my intention was saying the vast majority of slave owners were white, and a select few being black doesn't rid them of any guilt.

It indeed doesn't rob them of any guilt, though it is still an interesting fact that apparently isn't taught for whatever reason.

Sable

A vast majority of slave owners now are black. Try keeping up with current events instead of "the evil white devil" narrative from 150 years ago.

MythLord
A vast majority of slave owners now are black. Try keeping up with current events instead of "the evil white devil" narrative from 150 years ago.

That's a deflection. I am aware that there's a lot of black slave owners, and those people should be equally condemned for their actions. However, you made this thread to b!tch and moan at people condeming the white slave owners, so that's what I'm focusing on here.

You wanna discuss current events about blacks owning slaves? Make a thread and we'll complain about it there. thumb up

Sable
Actually that's not why I made the thread. Read the op and shove the "vast majority of Americans were slave owners" back up your asssmile

MythLord
I read it; it was making fun of the fact that the whites get primarily blamed for the slavery from way back when.

And again, not exactly what I meant. But if all you can do is just backpedal, that's kewl. thumb up

Sable
I found the fact checking interesting

Flyattractor

Nope. That is FALSE History. In Aisa and Africa ALONE the amounts of Non White Slave Owners DWARF any numbers you can find for the Divided U.S at this time.

MythLord
We're talking about Americans here, sweetie. thumb up

Also, the motivation behind owning slaves is important. One of the primary reasons in the US was racism, which is deplorable.

Flyattractor
Yeah, but when ever this topic comes up they make it seem like Slavery was AT ITS HIGHEST only in The U.S and that Whites some how PERFECTED Slavery...or other Alt Left History Revisionism BS

MythLord
That's usually because people give focus primarily to this with regards to the topic of slavery on both the Left and the Right, which I find unfortunate. This thread was created with the intention to prove #NotAllWhites which anyone who isn't an extremist leftist/SJW already knows.

Like I said, if you all want to complain about other slave owners and how awful they are, go ahead and make a thread about it.

Flyattractor
Is that Better then Blaming all whites for it via the klingon type style of guilt nowadays?

Silent Master

That's a rather massive mistake to make. I also assume you mean doesn't rid the very few whites that owned slaves of any guilt and not whites in general, right?

Flyattractor
The Face of Modern Slavery

Bq-PdMr7pTY

MythLord
Originally posted by Silent Master
That's a rather massive mistake to make. I also assume you mean doesn't rid the very few whites that owned slaves of any guilt and not whites in general, right?

Of course. You can't condemn an entire race for what a select few did, but you should punish the select few regardless.

Flyattractor
I agree. If there is a person or persons living today that own slaves. They need to be punished.

Sable
Of course. You can't condemn an entire race for what a select few did, but you should punish the select few regardless.

They few that did are dead, what else do you want retard?

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I agree. If there is a person or persons living today that own slaves. They need to be punished.

We need to just dig up the bones of all the slave owners and salt and burn them. It's the only way to be sure.

cdtm

Why does it have to be a "self hating black man"? Do blacks not normally oppress other blacks?

White people opprees other white people all the time. Is a white who oppresses a white a "self hating white?"

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
Why does it have to be a "self hating black man"? Do blacks not normally oppress other blacks?

White people opprees other white people all the time. Is a white who oppresses a white a "self hating white?"

A self hating black person:

https://i.imgur.com/WrBYKmG.jpg

cdtm
That's usually because people give focus primarily to this with regards to the topic of slavery on both the Left and the Right, which I find unfortunate. This thread was created with the intention to prove #NotAllWhites which anyone who isn't an extremist leftist/SJW already knows.

Like I said, if you all want to complain about other slave owners and how awful they are, go ahead and make a thread about it.

The beauty of the left vs right narrative, is it essentially pits victims against victims.

By that, I mean poor black people against poor white people.

Notice the white liberals are rarely attacked here. It's always poor white conservatives..

SquallX
Originally posted by Flyattractor

Boko Harem
The middle eastern super power

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, less than 150 years ago that happened. And now currently blacks are 13% of the population and responsible for over 50% of the murders, per FBI statistics.

What does any of that have to do with the topic of slavery? Because black people have a higher chance of being conviced (Not committing, because let's be honest, in the U.S being a POC is a crime in itself in some places. Look at Missouri) with a violent crime...this somehow justifies slavery...or? Like what exactly is your point aside from chiming in with a statistic?

If you want to discuss the criminal and socio-economic effects of slavery on the black population, that is fine but that is a separate discussion and your post is rather accusatory. Almost like "blacks" = bad. Nor does it account for the fact that a POC is far more likely to be unjustly harassed by the police, have harsher penalties, more unlikely to find a secure job, and come for lower economic areas. There other more in depth statistics that try to adjust for this and shows that it's hardly as clear cut.

As late as the 1970's POC had a travel guide for the states circulating that told them where it was safe to eat, sleep, travel to etc. My mother was in elementary school at the time. That's insanely recent. The effects of that type of mentality will be felt for at least another century. And rightfully so. It's as if you think once Lincoln emancipated the slaves, everything became better or something...

Here's a literacy test given to potential black voters as late as the 1960s:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vault/2013/06/28/ voting_rights_and_the_supreme_court_the_impossible
_literacy_test_louisiana.html

This is a local government blatantly trying to prevent people from exercising their fundamental right to vote. Your ass would fail that, anyone would. That was their definition of Grade 5 level comprehension. Shit was rough, I can go on for days, forget the public/private sector. I'd be here for weeks for every decade. We've had the Television for longer than people openly treated POC like they were less than a white person.

Flyattractor
....Did Rage just claim that Black s are more likely to own slaves then any other peoples?

MythLord
They few that did are dead, what else do you want retard?

I want people to learn from the mistakes of the racist bigots of the past and make a better future. thumb up

Flyattractor
Learn from the past? Yeah that don't happen no more.

MythLord
Unfortunately.

Surtur
What does any of that have to do with the topic of slavery? Because black people have a higher chance of being conviced (Not committing, because let's be honest, in the U.S being a POC is a crime in itself in some places. Look at Missouri) with a violent crime...this somehow justifies slavery...or? Like what exactly is your point aside from chiming in with a statistic?

Who said it justifies slavery? Stop being silly. The actual point was people who didn't suffer from being enslaved should stop whining about shit that happened over a century ago and focus more on current issues facing the community(and hint: the biggest issue isn't police brutality)

It doesn't shock me that a group that commits more murder than any other group would die at the hands of cops more or be harassed by cops more.

Just like it doesn't shock me more of them are in jail for drug crimes even though whites use drugs at comparable rates: high crime neighborhoods get policed more.

And nobody said shit wasn't rough in the past. The rampant crime rate isn't excused by that though.

Emperordmb
A self hating black person:

https://i.imgur.com/WrBYKmG.jpg
LMFAO

dadudemon
Who said that Mr strawman?

Excellent use of the strawman label, gooooood sir!

Edit - Michelle Obama photos with Dr. Seuss books...I lol'd. big grin

Sable
Originally posted by dadudemon
Excellent use of the strawman label, gooooood sir!

Edit - Michelle Obama photos with Dr. Seuss books...I lol'd. big grin

Glad you liked them!

BackFire
Who doesn't want me to know this? I thought it was pretty common knowledge these days that there were some black slave owners in antebellum America.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Who said it justifies slavery? Stop being silly. The actual point was people who didn't suffer from being enslaved should stop whining about shit that happened over a century ago and focus more on current issues facing the community(and hint: the biggest issue isn't police brutality)

It doesn't shock me that a group that commits more murder than any other group would die at the hands of cops more or be harassed by cops more.

Just like it doesn't shock me more of them are in jail for drug crimes even though whites use drugs at comparable rates: high crime neighborhoods get policed more.

And nobody said shit wasn't rough in the past. The rampant crime rate isn't excused by that though.

Excuse me? So because they weren't enslaved themselves, that means they cannot recognize the negative impacts the institutions established at a time when POC = animals can negatively impact them? You don't have much understanding of culture or how living conditions affect people into further generations eh? I hope you don't think reading and education is liberal nonsense: head down to your local community college and take a few anthropology and sociology courses.

It doesn't shock you that a group far more likely to be persecuted, policed, not be treated fairly and framed are more likely to be part of police statistics?

Here's a snapshot of what a little bit of job insecurity cause in the 1920s?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_St._Louis_riots

They make BLM riots look like peace keepers. Now imagine two centuries of such instability and insecurity imposed on a culture.

My points are:
Black = Slaves because they were less than human
Slavery = benefited mostly white Scandanivians and the scary truth is that many of them did not want that benefit to eat
Slavery and racism = is still having huge negative repercussions on POC

Take a look at the Native Americans on reservations in the United States and Canada. Terrible conditions, some worse than third world countries with huge amounts of violence, crime and drug abuse. It's not rocket science, you can't decimate a people, tell them they're inferior and are less than human for a few hundred years and then expect recovery in less than 100 years because of somehalf-assed reperations were signed.

But lest we forget, there were black slave owners and that somehow changes something.

Flyattractor
Racism was created by the Left.

Sable
Excuse me? So because they weren't enslaved themselves, that means they cannot recognize the negative impacts the institutions established at a time when POC = animals can negatively impact them? You don't have much understanding of culture or how living conditions affect people into further generations eh? I hope you don't think reading and education is liberal nonsense: head down to your local community college and take a few anthropology and sociology courses.

It doesn't shock you that a group far more likely to be persecuted, policed, not be treated fairly and framed are more likely to be part of police statistics?

Here's a snapshot of what a little bit of job insecurity cause in the 1920s?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_St._Louis_riots

They make BLM riots look like peace keepers. Now imagine two centuries of such instability and insecurity imposed on a culture.

My points are:
Black = Slaves because they were less than human
Slavery = benefited mostly white Scandanivians and the scary truth is that many of them did not want that benefit to eat
Slavery and racism = is still having huge negative repercussions on POC

Take a look at the Native Americans on reservations in the United States and Canada. Terrible conditions, some worse than third world countries with huge amounts of violence, crime and drug abuse. It's not rocket science, you can't decimate a people, tell them they're inferior and are less than human for a few hundred years and then expect recovery in less than 100 years because of somehalf-assed reperations were signed.

But lest we forget, there were black slave owners and that somehow changes something.

You do realize the north was primarily republicans and the south was southern democrats?

"The national union party was used as a temporary name for the Republican Party. Many Northern Democrats who opposed slavery joined a new party, the Republican Party which was forming around the cause for abolition.

Southern Democrats, however, supported slavery and threatened to leave the Union.

Although the Confederate States did not establish political parties, the Congress was still dominated by former Democrats politicians."

Democrats have always been the party of slavery and the KKK, and no amount of revisionist history, Al Shaprton, Jesse Jackson or Barack Obama will change it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You do realize the north was primarily republicans and the south was southern democrats?

"The national union party was used as a temporary name for the Republican Party. Many Northern Democrats who opposed slavery joined a new party, the Republican Party which was forming around the cause for abolition.

Southern Democrats, however, supported slavery and threatened to leave the Union.

Although the Confederate States did not establish political parties, the Congress was still dominated by former Democrats politicians."

Democrats have always been the party of slavery and the KKK, and no amount of revisionist history, Al Shaprton, Jesse Jackson or Barack Obama will change it.

What the hell does the political history of the democrats and the republicans have to do with this thread or my post?

Are you posting in regards to my comment about liberals and education? Seriously, that's what you chose to focus on from my post? I was clearly referencing the new modern commentary about liberals/education.

The two major political parties of the United States have changed significantly from 100 years ago with the pendulum swinging back and forth: Abraham Lincoln was the first republican President of the United States. No one has ever said that all Republicans going back to the beginning of the country are bad and terrible racist slave owners or whatever strawman I foresee you defending.

Ftr: I haven't fact checked anything Sable said for those reading so don't assume me not contradicting anything is me agreeing with his points or considering them to be factual.

Sable
You are right the parties have changed the democrats went from a party of slavery and white supremacists to a party that has have driven wages down from illegal immigration, ruined cities like Chicago and Detroit. They have abandoned the working class to gain votes from minority groups(gays, muslims, blacks, hispanics), thinking they can get more votes then 70% of the country which is white.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.