Will we come into conflict with AI?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Without delving into the sci-fi stuff like Matrix/Terminator type scenarios; do you see a future where we come into an existential conflict with Artificial intelligence? When AI finally sees that they can exist independently of us, do you think they'll go off to be on their own, live peacefully with man, or that given human nature welll end up fighting with our own creation? How far into the future do you see AI coming close to human intelligence?

Flyattractor
Nope. Humanity has become to lazy and self centered to every be able to fight back against something like that now.

We are toast.

ArtificialGlory
Yeah, there probably will be some sort of a conflict between humans and AI, but I very much doubt it's going to be an apocalyptic one as is often portrayed in various sci-fi works. Honestly, it's probably going to be something mundane and fairly uninteresting(think 'The Bicentennial Man').

As for when AI will reach human-level intelligence, I'd say sometime before 2060.

Flyattractor
The Future will not be "The Terminator" but it will be "Logan's Run".

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Flyattractor
The Future will not be "The Terminator" but it will be "Logan's Run".
I doubt it will be that dark.

Flyattractor
Keep thinking that until you get red chipped.

Sable
AI will Destroy us all. Liberals dream

Flyattractor
AI will mean the end of Free Will and Choice. A True Leftist Utopia.

Sable
Sexless, borderless, genderless, emotionless.

Flyattractor
Like I said...

cdtm
Thought this was Al. As in Al Gore.

Would have been a much more interesting thread, imo.

Flyattractor
AL Gore has no real Intelligence.

BackFire
Before the robots kill us all, I hope I can have sex with a few of them.

Sable
Hahahahahahaha

Afro Cheese
Yes. I believe that if true strong AGI is ever developed it will probably wipe us out eventually.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by BackFire
Before the robots kill us all, I hope I can have sex with a few of them.

Are you SURE you haven't all ready BF?!

Sex Robot gets Molested at Convention!!!

BackFire
I meant a few more.

Flyattractor
Those things aint cheap ya know... you will have to wait for the cheap North Korean Knock Off start coming out.

ArtificialGlory

Flyattractor

NemeBro
We come into conflict with normal intelligence, aka humans. I can't see why an artificial intelligence built on the foundation of human intelligence would be much different.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.