Grand Lord Vol runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
How far does the Lost Tribe Master get? All fights take place in the Senate Rotunda.

Warm-up: Asajj Ventress

1. Darth Maul (TPM)
2. FE Malgus
3. Ulic Qel Droma
4. Exar Kun
5. SoR Revan

Boss: Plagueis

Haschwalth
stops at 4.

Rockydonovang
why does dis dude not got a respect thread?

Haschwalth
Caedus doesn't have one either.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Rockydonovang

Because nobody gives a shit.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Because nobody gives a shit.
Don't call yourself a nobody bro. That's a self-defeating attitude.

Emperordmb
4 5 or boss

Ursumeles
Boss.

TenebrousWay
4-5

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I've got Vol probably stopping at the boss, myself.

Ursumeles
bcz u smart

NewGuy01

Because he only has, like, one feat, and one memorable accolade? That doesn't warrant a thread.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Because he only has, like, one feat, and one memorable accolade? That doesn't warrant a thread.
what da feat, what da accolade?

Ursumeles
TPing Abeloth, having "much of Luke's power"

NewGuy01
what da feat, what da accolade?

He was able to drive off a mental assault from Abeloth, and Abeloth considered him to have power that could stack up to Luke's.

darthbane77
Falls to Kun, possibly. If not, falls to Revan.

Also, Revan>Plagueis

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by darthbane77
Also, Revan>Plagueis

Cute.

UCanShootMyNova
He thinks Revan =>~ RotS Sidious.

twotter
Keken

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He was able to drive off a mental assault from Abeloth, and Abeloth considered him to have power that could stack up to Luke's.

thumb up

Abeloth essentially tries to assault Vol "physically and in the force" in some in-between place, and Vol hit a weak-point planted by Luke Skywalker to cause Abeloth tremendous pain and anguish. Abeloth redoubles her efforts to attack Vol initially, but Vol resists, and Abeloth opts to escape instead of keeping on trying (and failing) to overwhelm Vol:

The sheer anguish Vol caused Abeloth was so intense that she completely shed her form and subconsciously unleashed enough raw energy to melt a city:

So yeah, Vol is absurdly powerful. Hence the following quote:

Then there's other wank for Vol, such as being the undisputed Overlord of some very powerful Sith, like Taalon, Workaan, the other High Lords, Viun Gaalan, etc.

DarthSkywalker0
thumb up Vol clears the gauntlet.

Rockydonovang
"having much of the power" of someone is worthless

DarthSkywalker0
"having much of the power" of someone is worthless

laughing

cs_zoltan
Sometimes I forget that NJO can be even more retarded than TOR, thanks for the reminder Skillz.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why is it retarded

Trocity
He is the leader of a Sith order that's existed for over 5000 years. He should be pretty powerful, I don't think it's retarded either.

Much the power of doesn't give him parity with Luke anyway. Vader's quote about being 80% of Sidious would also be "having much of the power" pretty much, and they aren't on the same level.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Trocity

Much the power of doesn't give him parity with Luke anyway. Vader's quote about being 80% of Sidious would also be "having much of the power" pretty much, and they aren't on the same level.
thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah, I disagree. Beyond looking at the "80% of Sidious quote," no one in-universe would ever say Vader has much the power of Darth Sidious, (given that, yes, Vader and Sidious are by no means on the same level). And Abeloth obviously isn't saying Vol pales in comparison to Luke (as Vader pales in comparison to Sidious).

So I guess Vol must be 90% of Luke. smile

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why is it retarded

Because half of NJO is retarded authors trying to one-up other retarded author's retarded powerlevels.

This guy was made by the author of Dark Disciple, not surprised.

DarthSkywalker0
Because half of NJO is retarded authors trying to one-up other retarded author's retarded powerlevels.

This guy was made by the author of Dark Disciple, not surprised.

Vol is indisputably the most powerful on a planet of Sith(possibly millions) that has existed for 5,000 years. It is not hard to assume that Vol would be near Luke.

NewGuy01
Why does it matter that it's existed for 5,000 years? Just 5,000 years of being probably the lamest Sith faction ever.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by DarthSkywalker0
Vol is indisputably the most powerful on a planet of Sith(possibly millions) that has existed for 5,000 years. It is not hard to assume that Vol would be near Luke.

Kenobi was the 4th most powerful Jedi in an Order that existed for 20k years yet has f-uck all on Luke.

DarthSkywalker0
Why does it matter that it's existed for 5,000 years? Just 5,000 years of being probably the lamest Sith faction ever.

Well, the 5,000 years indicates the versatility and longevity of the order. The overwhelming strength of the average lords and high lords and the sheer number of members show the Lost Tribe's supremacy and power. Not gonna lie, the Lost Tribe seems far less "lame" than the Brotherhood of Darkness.

SunRazer
They did absolutely nothing for 5,000 years though. I think you're better off just arguing Vol's scaling above Workan and Gaalan and whoever else.

DarthSkywalker0
Originally posted by SunRazer
They did absolutely nothing for 5,000 years though. I think you're better off just arguing Vol's scaling above Workan and Gaalan and whoever else.

Well, there is an entire book series about what they did for 5,000 years and Vol's feats surmount them all.

NewGuy01
Entire book series about "nothing much," tbh.

DarthSkywalker0
Entire book series about "nothing much," tbh.

Better than "absolutely nothing"

DarthSkywalker0
Kenobi was the 4th most powerful Jedi in an Order that existed for 20k years yet has f-uck all on Luke.

That is not continual lifespan + the fact that the Grand Lords probably got stronger during each incarnation.

DarthAnt66
-

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah, I disagree. Beyond looking at the "80% of Sidious quote," no one in-universe would ever say Vader has much the power of Darth Sidious, (given that, yes, Vader and Sidious are by no means on the same level). And Abeloth obviously isn't saying Vol pales in comparison to Luke (as Vader pales in comparison to Sidious).

So I guess Vol must be 90% of Luke. smile

I've never been on-board with quotes like these.

X being "much the power" of Y doesn't tell us anything. "Much the power" is a ridiculously subjective term. Truly, someone can tell me that Maul is "much the power" of Sidious in The Clone Wars and, from a certain point of view, that's entirely true. Why wouldn't it be true? There's no staple on "much the power." How do you rationalize that? That Maul has, say, over seventy percent of Sidious' power? How do you rationalize percentages? Where in those percentages do non-Force users occupy, where do standard Jedi occupy, and where do full fledged Sith Lords occupy? It's entirely subjective to the individual how a percentage list works, hence why I hate when people use the 80% nonsense to justify Vader being close to Sidious in any meaningful way when the point of the quote was to demonstrate he isn't. I assume you're trolling when you say "therefore 90%," but really I don't know what that would even mean even if it's true. Authors can look at such same percentages and interpret completely differently too - just as we are doing here.

Abeloth says Vol has "much the power" of Luke. That is something I cannot remotely rationalize as an independent statement. Even author intent or hype wise, I cannot do anything with it, since I'm unsure if it's referring to telepathic prowess or not. The quote is, regretfully, entirely pointless other than, sure, if he's even being echoed in the same sentence as Luke Skywalker he's probably more capable than Sora Bulq. But anything else? That's purely subjective reasoning, which is totally fine since with a character like that all we have is our interpretations of the text, but I'm just telling you why I, personally, don't buy into the idea Vol is above Vader (with that quote alone). For the record, I can totally see someone in-universe saying Vader has "much the power" of Sidious, thematics aside. The fact you can't, in my opinion, further demonstrates the sheer subjectivity of quotes like these.

DarthAnt66
hes better than tenebrous tho

DarthSkywalker0
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.