Novel Vitiate versus Grand Lord Vol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Fight takes place in the Emperor's Throne Room from the Revan Novel.

Ursumeles
Vol smile

Haschwalth
Vitiate, Vol have his amp?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Amp?

Haschwalth
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Amp?
Didn't Vol have an amp of some sort, or am I mixing characters.

Haschwalth
wait it was nyrax

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
-

DarthAnt66
Vol being a significant portion of Luke's strength isn't even a DNT Jacen-level accolade.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Quote?

DarthAnt66
when i get home

darthbane77
Vitiate

twotter
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Vol being a significant portion of Luke's strength isn't even a DNT Jacen-level accolade.

Will the great Darish Vol renaissance come to an abrupt end ?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, that quote isn't the only reason to wank Vol. smile

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by twotter
Will the great Darish Vol renaissance come to an abrupt end ?

Probably. Ant's word is law on this forum. Nobody is willing to oppose him on even trivial matters.

twotter
He beats Vitiate regardless.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Possibly. smile

Do you have a case?

twotter
Possibly. smile

Do you have a case?

I thought this would be a given from you? If the home turf advantage is mitigated by Vol also being a darksider, then feats against Revan aren't really usable here. And I don't see how a guy who resisted aboeloth's TP is being felled by Vitiate... in anyway shape or form.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Fair case.

DarthAnt66
"You have the same power I once sensed in your uncle Luke, but without the light. You must not leave before you have found some."

or

Vol had much of the power of Skywalker, combined with experience, and it had been a devastating encounter.

Ultimately, having the power of Luke Skywalker doesn't tell you *that* much. Starkiller and Kyp Durron also have the power of Luke Skywalker according to numerous accounts, but I only see a few people here trying to compare them in a similar light to Vol, even though they have actually justified these accolades with some showings. The reality is Luke Skywalker isn't simply power - he's the highest pinnacle of that power possible. What distinguishes Force-users like Kyp or Starkiller from Luke is - sure, if they exert their power from a long period of time they might be able to lift a rock to the same height - but Luke is so much more masterful and efficient with his abilities. So frankly, I don't see why this statement of Vol isn't just an inferior statement of what Starkiller, Kyp, and even Jacen already have.

Also, it's entirely possible Abeloth is strictly speaking of telepathic power here. If I recall correctly, that's the only aspect of the Force from which they clashed at. Abeloth seems in awe over how Vol was capable of ****ing her up the way he did. You can say it's implied that Abeloth likewise assumes the same of his other Force powers, but given telepathy is what's in question here, it's debatable. And then look no further to beings like Kaan or Bastila Shan who are enormously gifted telepaths but in other fields are lacking. That's not to say Vol isn't ridiculously powerful, since like Ziggy said he still has his performance vs Abeloth, but I question how well that translates to other avenues too. For example, Revan and Vitiate were essentially peers in telepathy, but that doesn't necessarily translate to Force power.

DarthAnt66
BTW, that was just explaining my thoughts. Please no one respond to that as if it's a debate post - I'm not interested in a debate any longer than a paragraph, rofl.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Abeloth also states that Vol has more experience than Luke (or at least much/equal experience), so I highly doubt Vol falls into the same bubble as Starkiller and Durron here.

DarthAnt66
I don't think the term "combined with experience," was related to Luke. It seemed like a separate statement that added additional emphasis to Vol having a significant portion of Luke's power. What said mastery (assuming experience is being used as such) is referring to is ambiguous though. You're taking it as overall - I'm not seeing that.

UCanShootMyNova
Ant seems deadset on ending the Vol wank Skillz. Better concede to your master.

NewGuy01
since when has that been a thing

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Even if the "combined with experience" part has no bearing on Luke, the point is that he's not a guy with much the power of Luke, but lacking in efficiency and mastery like Kyp or Starkiller.

Regarding Vol, there's also the matter of the actual feat he performed against Abeloth to consider, along with his supreme standing within the Lost Tribe.

UCanShootMyNova
but lacking in efficiency and mastery like Kyp or Starkiller.

What are you talking about?

Ursumeles
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
"You have the same power I once sensed in your uncle Luke, but without the light. You must not leave before you have found some."

Who said that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.