What it means to be a man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raisen
go ahead..

Robtard
puMPxcJmsWk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puMPxcJmsWk

Raisen
I'm at work. can't get youtube stuff

Kurk
To have a higher level of testosterone than estrogen.

Raisen
Originally posted by Kurk
To have a higher level of testosterone than estrogen.

absolutely. I also believe there are distinct ways of behaving

ArtificialGlory
851BqHMCaeM

Surtur
What it means to be a man is...do your feelings tell you that you are a man? Okay, you're a man, I guess.

Raisen
I'd say a man tells people what he thinks to their face rather than behind their back

Surtur
Originally posted by Raisen
I'd say a man tells people what he thinks to their face rather than behind their back

You have to take feelings into account though.

Raisen
I'd say a man doesn't make excuses. doesn't want to be treated like a victim. doesn't need the support of others...he makes his own way

cdtm
Being a man means not caring what anyone thinks it means, and getting shit done that needs doing.

Real men could care less what someone tweets or shows on 60 minutes. Too busy with life.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
851BqHMCaeM

Dammit! I wanted to post that.

Raisen
but you see...people have used shaming to distort the meaning of a man and make him do unwise things.
manhood is constantly questioned and men do stupid things to appear "manly"

be a man and go die for your country...even if it is a conflict you don't understand or agree with.

the male ego has been manipulated for others to obtain wealth and power.

Flyattractor
Women have been doing that for Generations.

cdtm
but you see...people have used shaming to distort the meaning of a man and make him do unwise things.

be a man and go die for your country...even if it is a conflict you don't understand or agree with.

the male ego has been manipulated for others to obtain wealth and power.

Here's why it's all bullshit:

People are wolves. You fall, they pounce.

So you can't get too hung up on what people think.

The MRA's that whine about double standards, they're right about it. Nobody gives a **** if someone can't put together a life. Everyone loves to talk about injustices or some great cause, but at the end of the day hippies turn on hippies, women turn on women, blacks turn on blacks, jews turn on jews, if they see you're doing better then them.

And if you're doing worse, they have a laugh at your expense, because it feels good.

It's all bullshit. And imo, you can call it what you want, or call yourself what you want, but at the end of the day you're on your own.

That's what being a man "used" to mean, getting yours. No matter what. But it applies to everyone. All the speech's and propaganda and excuses about identity politics is just a distraction, like reality tv.

Scribble
I'd say a man tells people what he thinks to their face rather than behind their back Originally posted by Raisen
I'd say a man doesn't make excuses. doesn't want to be treated like a victim. doesn't need the support of others...he makes his own way I think these are things that people should do generally, really (aside from not needing help from other people, if you need help, which everyone does at some point, but are too 'manly' to ask for it, you're a coward). Anything that a man should do that betters life for others should be done by all people.

I don't really see a point in propagating ideas about sex and gender, because it seems irrelevant to me compared to just being a good and capable person.

the male ego has been manipulated for others to obtain wealth and power. I definitely agree with this.

cdtm
Originally posted by Scribble

I definitely agree with this.

By other men. Historically. And still, to a point (Hollywood upper echlon is full of men.)

And now women. And "non binary gender".

Robtard
I'd say a man doesn't make excuses. doesn't want to be treated like a victim. doesn't need the support of others...he makes his own way

^ Oh oohhh, Surtur. Seems you're a bit light in coin if using these standards. Just saying.

Scribble
Originally posted by cdtm
By other men. Historically. And still, to a point (Hollywood upper echlon is full of men.)

And now women. And "non binary gender". The fact that it's historically been implemented by men is the point, to me anyway. Essentially, classic 'alpha' males dominated most of history, and that's led to that being considered the male ideal, and the female ideal being submissive and subservient. The whole idea of gender is built on these mostly arbitrary aspects of the human mind, and that's the reason why we're getting people who don't identify as a gender now, because they don't see how these traditional gender roles apply to their lives. That's not to say that men don't generally behave in a certain set of ways and women behave in another, due to brain chemistry, but the focus on it is detrimental to our continued evolution as a species, imo. I think it's more important to figure out what it means to be human than what it means to 'be a man' or whatever.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
^ Oh oohhh, Surtur. Seems you're a bit light in coin if using these standards. Just saying.

Whatever you need to tell yourself Rob.

cdtm
Originally posted by Scribble
The fact that it's historically been implemented by men is the point, to me anyway. Essentially, classic 'alpha' males dominated most of history, and that's led to that being considered the male ideal, and the female ideal being submissive and subservient. The whole idea of gender is built on these mostly arbitrary aspects of the human mind, and that's the reason why we're getting people who don't identify as a gender now, because they don't see how these traditional gender roles apply to their lives. That's not to say that men don't generally behave in a certain set of ways and women behave in another, due to brain chemistry, but the focus on it is detrimental to our continued evolution as a species, imo. I think it's more important to figure out what it means to be human than what it means to 'be a man' or whatever.

Oh, I agree.

I do think "dominant behavior" is definately a thing. But I also don't believe it's something you can learn.

Nor can it really be studied, unless you can find a human who doesn't have a bias on the subject (Whether it's "I dominate every conversation in the room and women throw themselves at me", or "You beat me up and now I'm making more money then you are, haha", or "Got to be careful not to offend X, Y, Z, and get funding.."

Or some other varient..

Bottom line, the construct of alpha male is bs, the same way every construct is.

Which doesn't mean some guys won't be fit every stereotype in the book, just by their nature..

Raisen
men of every race are being manipulated

cdtm
men of every race are being manipulated

thumb up

Raisen
thumb up

look how divided this country is. men's ego and tendency to dominate is being used. our forefathers had simple wisdoms that we've lost

cdtm
On that, I'm not so sure..

Ben Franklin had quite an ego. And quite a few "schemes" to enrich himself. A lot of founders did, too.

Raisen
On that, I'm not so sure..

Ben Franklin had quite an ego. And quite a few "schemes" to enrich himself. A lot of founders did, too.

I used the wrong term. I just meant men of the past

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.