General Motors Is Going All Electric

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
Nice Move

Robtard
It is the future with ever increasing battery and solar cell technology, wouldn't be surprised in 10 years from now (maybe less) if a battery half the current size can give three times the current range.

Gas and diesel will still exist in some forms for decades to come though. Large trucking and shipping. Hybrids will still be a thing for a long time.

Sable
The Bolt is a game changer for GM, they can use this platform on trucks even.

Robtard
Think we're still years away from a full sized truck going electric and being usable. The weight alone (plus load) would kill the range right now. But sure, as tech progresses I could see a Chevy Silverado 2500 or 3500 full electric, or at least hybrid.

We will also start seeing more and more sunroofs doubling as solar panels that trickle-charge the vehicle throughout the day

Sable
I don't think we are far away, the Tesla X weighs over 6000lbs and is full electric, that is heavier then any truck on the market besides the 3500/350 trucks. And it can tow 5000lbs.

GM had a Silverado that was a hybrid years ago, and they had the Yukon Hybrid.

The bolt platform is a big game changer for GM.

Surtur
Originally posted by Sable
I don't think we are far away, the Tesla X weighs over 6000lbs and is full electric, that is heavier then any truck on the market besides the 3500/350 trucks. And it can tow 5000lbs.

https://i.imgur.com/DIIDIYq.jpg

Sable
People have been ripping off Tesla for years, even the Name of the company is a rip off. They named the company after a man who never gave permission to use his name, or gave any royalties to his decedents.

One of the big reasons why I have chosen to go with GM over Tesla. That and their prices are a big outrageous.

Also Elon Musk isnt even the founder of Tesla.

The founders are Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning

Robtard

GM had a Silverado that was a hybrid years ago, and they had the Yukon Hybrid.

The bolt platform is a big game changer for GM.

I was thinking 5-10 when I said years. Fair point on the Tesla's weight, but people who buy large trucks do so often to tow more than 5k lbs. The Silverado 2500 has something like a 18k lbs capacity now.

I think that was the 1500, no? More or a light duty truck than the 2500/3500 workhorses I was referring to.

I like the Bolt.

Sable
Yea the Bolt is pretty cool. DC fast charging and huge battery. DC fast charging is sick. I prefer my Volt. But Bolt is still a really cool car. Also the fact its in that crossover category.

Surtur
People have been ripping off Tesla for years, even the Name of the company is a rip off. They named the company after a man who never gave permission to use his name, or gave any royalties to his decedents.

One of the big reasons why I have chosen to go with GM over Tesla. That and their prices are a big outrageous.

Also Elon Musk isnt even the founder of Tesla.

The founders are Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning

Indeed, Tesla more or less got screwed over more or less because he was a nice guy.

Sable
And the US government wanted Edison to be the founder of the lightbulb, not a foreigner. Typical Franklin Roosevelt(Democratic Icon), screwing over immigrants.

Edison was a failurelaughing out loud

Surtur
And the US government wanted Edison to be the founder of the lightbulb, not a foreigner. Typical Franklin Roosevelt(Democratic Icon), screwing over immigrants.

Edison was a failurelaughing out loud

Yeah, and as for Edison remember that shit he did with the elephant? That's f*cked up.

Robtard

Surtur
Though I admit a lightning duel between Tesla and Edison would have been f*cking awesome. Still, poor elephant though.

Sable
Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, and as for Edison remember that shit he did with the elephant? That's f*cked up.

What elephant?

Flyattractor
Stuff like this always makes me laugh when I remember how the Left Smear machine destroyed the movement to make hydrogen powered cars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.