Wallpaper TV

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
Ok I am buying one of these eventually.

JJ5WP2BKigc

BackFire
That price, holy shit.

It's very cool, though. Might get one in 5 years when the price drops under $1000.

jaden101
That would get totally broken inside 5 minutes in my house

Sable
Originally posted by BackFire
That price, holy shit.

It's very cool, though. Might get one in 5 years when the price drops under $1000.

They have a way of preventing that from happening. I've thought the same thing.

TethAdamTheRock
It cant get broken

Raisen
god damn tho. how many different one upper t.v.s need to be made.

Robtard
It's very cool, but I fail to see the practical attraction?

Unless you have very weak walls and need a very lightweight TV, a thin flat screen with top of the line definition will look practically the same and you can get those now for far less

I'm waiting until window glass can double as a hi-res screen when turned on, think that have it now in prototypes

BackFire
Originally posted by Sable
They have a way of preventing that from happening. I've thought the same thing.

Preventing what, price drops?

It'll drop. Maybe 5 years is wishful thinking, but it'll get there. Once it's the industry standard and budget companies start making them the price will lower substantially. You can get a TV for about $300 now that would have cost $2k 3 or 4 years ago.

Sable
Ive looked at $15k Tv's from 5 years ago, that are still not $1k. Amazon plays games.

They will discontinue the item, then its more expensive once its discontinued.

BackFire
I can show you $15k Tv's from 5 years ago, that are still not $1k.

How much are they now? Probably not $15k anymore.

Sable
I edited.

Sable
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN65KS8000-65-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01C5TFNSM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507243522&sr=8-1&keywords=quantum+dot+tv

I bought this TV last year for $1800 now $2500

BackFire
Hmm, I guess that's a possibility, but even if that specific model is discontinued, if they catch on and there's high demand for it, they'll continue making them in some fashion, and other bargain brands will jump on them.

If it ends up just being a novelty item that mass markets aren't interested in, then your scenario is probably accurate.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
It's very cool, but I fail to see the practical attraction?

Unless you have very weak walls and need a very lightweight TV, a thin flat screen with top of the line definition will look practically the same and you can get those now for far less

I'm waiting until window glass can double as a hi-res screen when turned on, think that have it now in prototypes

The application is it looks more futuristic.

Robtard
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN65KS8000-65-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01C5TFNSM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507243522&sr=8-1&keywords=quantum+dot+tv

I bought this TV last year for $1800 now $2500

Think I saw that at Costco for around $1,500ish. Was eying it hard, looked awesome

This was two weeks ago, btw

BackFire
My dad bought a Samsung 4k 65 inch TV last year from Costco for a little over a grand.

Besides, here's the new model of that TV for $1500.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-UN65MU8000-65-Inch-Ultra/dp/B06X9VSZYM/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Robtard
Only think I didn't like was the legs on each end, prefer a central stand. Also a black surrounding helps colors stick out more

Sable
Think I saw that at Costco for around $1,500ish. Was eying it hard, looked awesome

This was two weeks ago, btw

I did buy mine at Costco, their newer model isnt as nice as last year, thats why last years costs more, and this years does not.

TethAdamTheRock

I'm waiting until window glass can double as a hi-res screen when turned on, think that have it now in prototypes Does it have to be glass? Or can it be any material?

Robtard
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Does it have to be glass? Or can it be any material?

It'd have to be a translucent material that can conduct electricity. Like quartz.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.