Fascist Judge Sentences Mom to Jail over Vaccinations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
Link

Bashar Teg
good

Sable
Fascistthumb up

Bashar Teg
like you even know what 'fascism' means. piss off.

Sable
You took me back off ignore? How weak.

Scribble
It's pretty overboard to send her to jail, but people need to learn that sending a kid unvaccinated into a school is like sending your kid to school with a bomb that might or might not explode, and it might be a small blast, might be a big one, but either way, it could go off at any point.

I think there is the possibility that vaccinations can be dangerous, and also I was raised anti-vaccine and nothing bad ever happened to me (since adulthood I've been sure to get all the proper jabs though), but it's still a dangerous practice that puts lives in danger.

Bashar Teg
yeah i'm not willing to die of some ancient easily-preventable plague for your freedumbs. i'm such a nazi, you know.

ArtificialGlory
Serves the anti-vaxxer idiot right. She has no right to place her child's health and the health of the public in danger like that.

Kurk
She has a right not to, but not a right to risk the public's health. In this case the kid should have been homeschooled.

Scribble
Originally posted by Kurk
She has a right not to, but not a right to risk the public's health. In this case the kid should have been homeschooled. And never let outside.

Kurk
Originally posted by Scribble
And never let outside. I'm confident that parents' rights are going to be slowly revoked as more and more can't find the time to actually raise their children.

Until that happens, my proposition is the middle ground.

Scribble
If they have the freedom to send their possibly virus-ridden kids out into the world to possibly cause mass infection, then I have the right to make a bunch of badly-made anthrax bombs and stick them around the city. It's my freedom and I don't see why that should be infringed. How's that for a middle ground?

Kurk
If they have the freedom to send their possibly virus-ridden kids out into the world to possibly cause mass infection, then I have the right to make a bunch of badly-made anthrax bombs and stick them around the city. It's my freedom and I don't see why that should be infringed. How's that for a middle ground?
The parent's intentions are for good in their mind; yours aren't.

Kurk
The parent's intentions are for good in their mind; yours aren't.
and the parents are acting irrationally with their emotions too smile

Scribble
The parent's intentions are for good in their mind; yours aren't. What do intentions matter in this situation? I thought this was about freedom

Besides, maybe this anthrax bomber thinks the world would be better off without people in it, because they're an eco-activist or something. There: good intentions, in their mind.

Kurk
What do intentions matter in this situation? I thought this was about freedom

Besides, maybe this anthrax bomber thinks the world would be better off without people in it, because they're an eco-activist or something. There: good intentions, in their mind. Which scenario sounds more reasonable/likely?

ares834
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Serves the anti-vaxxer idiot right. She has no right to place her child's health and the health of the public in danger like that.

thumb up

Surtur
I'd agree that she has the right to not get it done, but she would have to homeschool him.

I'm not sure about the law when it comes to someone dying from not getting vaccinated. Has any parent ever been jailed for that happening?

Robtard
Don't get it, we have laws where parents HAVE to use safety seats and have their children wear seat-belts, cos driving is dangerous and driving unsecured makes it even more dangerous to the occupants and other drivers around them. Yet "fascism" is yelled at those laws.

But we flip out because parents are pressured to keep their kids safe from well known and well documented dangers that in turn could endanger those around them. Polio is a thing. Measles is a thing. IIRC, Measles has made a return due to anti-vaccers. How is that a good thing?

Raisen
Originally posted by Robtard
Don't get it, we have laws where parents HAVE to have safety seats and have their children wear seat-belts, cos driving is dangerous and driving unsecured makes it even more dangerous to the occupants and other drivers around them. Yet "fascism" is yelled at those laws.

But we flip out because parents are pressured to keep their kids safe from well known and well documented dangers that in turn could endanger those around them? Polio is a thing. Measles is a thing. IIRC, Measles has made a return due to anti-vaccers. How is this a good thing?

cuz the tism bro.

darthgoober
I'm torn on this one.... On the one hand I think people who don't vaccinate are stupid and I absolutely think that there should be a federal law in place requiring vaccinations, but as far as I know there isn't actually such a thing in place is there? If there's no law requiring vaccinations then it seems wrong to send someone to jail over not getting them. I mean hasn't there been a huge anti-vaccination campaign going on in this country for a while?

Surtur
Don't get it, we have laws where parents HAVE to use safety seats and have their children wear seat-belts, cos driving is dangerous and driving unsecured makes it even more dangerous to the occupants and other drivers around them. Yet "fascism" is yelled at those laws.

But we flip out because parents are pressured to keep their kids safe from well known and well documented dangers that in turn could endanger those around them. Polio is a thing. Measles is a thing. IIRC, Measles has made a return due to anti-vaccers. How is that a good thing?

Hmmm, yeah. Plus what about those people who refuse any medical care at all for their children on the grounds of religious belief?

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Hmmm, yeah. Plus what about those people who refuse any medical care at all for their children on the grounds of religious belief?

We have laws that punish parents for not caring for their children, but there's some exceptions made if it's on religious grounds. IMO, it's stupid and backwards.

eg Parents can go to jail and lose custody if they don't feed their newborn, but it's okay to let a newborn die when a blood transfusion would have saved them but was denied because whatever religious belief of the parent(s).

Raisen
We have laws that punish parents for not caring for their children, but there's the exception made if it's on religious grounds. IMO, it's stupid and backwards.

Parents can go to jail and lose custody if they don't feed their newborn, but it's okay to let a newborn die when a blood transfusion would have saved them but was denied because whatever religious belief of the parents.

yeah. that's ridiculous and sick

Kurk

But we flip out because parents are pressured to keep their kids safe from well known and well documented dangers that in turn could endanger those around them. Polio is a thing. Measles is a thing. IIRC, Measles has made a return due to anti-vaccers. How is that a good thing? There are potential adverse affects to vaccinations; some as serious as reactivation of strains resulting in meningitis (life-threatening).

https://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/vaccinecompensation/resources/adverseeffects.pdf

To some people, especially those in rural settings where outbreaks are less likely to occur, the vaccinations just aren't worth the hassle or risk.

Obviously in an urban environment it's different.

Government mandated safety seats are mandated because driving is a privilege, not a right. Vaccines affect your health, which directly affects your right to life.

Kurk
We have laws that punish parents for not caring for their children, but there's some exceptions made if it's on religious grounds. IMO, it's stupid and backwards.

eg Parents can go to jail and lose custody if they don't feed their newborn, but it's okay to let a newborn die when a blood transfusion would have saved them but was denied because whatever religious belief of the parent(s).
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
like you even know what 'fascism' means. piss off.

https://media.tenor.com/images/ee850bd1a6c4471f9b3a0a17919c18e4/tenor.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.