Sandor Clegane vs. Arya Stark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
No armor for both opponents. Arya has needle and Sandor has his usual bastard sword. Fight is to the death, both combatants show no mercy. Fight in an arena. Who wins?

Psychotron
Sandor should win, but Arya would win because of how revoltingly gurl power the show has become.

relentless1
after her sparring session with Brienne I could see Arya taking this

Sable
Arya

Arachnid1
Sandor wins this.

He was slower due to sickness and fatigue when he fought Brienne, and they were dead even. Take him out of full armor, he'll likely be even faster and more ferocious. On top of that, OP stated Arya only has Needle here. That little sneak attack she got on Brienne with the dagger after she was disarmed wont work here. Needle isn't made for hacking either, so the only real way Arya would be able to injure him is with stabs and lunges. That's not near enough to net her a win here.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Sandor wins this.

He was slower due to sickness and fatigue when he fought Brienne, and they were dead even. Take him out of full armor, he'll likely be even faster and more ferocious. On top of that, OP stated Arya only has Needle here. That little sneak attack she got on Brienne with the dagger after she was disarmed wont work here. Needle isn't made for hacking either, so the only real way Arya would be able to injure him is with stabs and lunges. That's not near enough to net her a win here.

Not saying you're wrong about Sandor winning but just want to point out that stabs and thrusts are usually more lethal than cuts.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by FrothByte
Not saying you're wrong about Sandor winning but just want to point out that stabs and thrusts are usually more lethal than cuts. No, I mean he should only really have to look for those kind of attacks, which kind of restricts her and should make her easier to be defensive against. Needle isn't meant for this type of fight.

Josh_Alexander
Arya WITHOUT a doubt.

FrothByte
No, I mean he should only really have to look for those kind of attacks, which kind of restricts her and should make her easier to be defensive against. Needle isn't meant for this type of fight.

Err... smallswords and rapiers were specifically meant for this kind of fight, meaning a duel. Bastard swords were more all-arounders with a bit more emphasis on battlefield use.

Arachnid1
Err... smallswords and rapiers were specifically meant for this kind of fight, meaning a duel. Bastard swords were more all-arounders with a bit more emphasis on battlefield use. This isn't that kind of duel. There are no rules or etiquette here. Duels with rapiers were typically fought for touch points (like Aryas sparing session with Brienne) or first blood and against a matching weapon. There have been reports of people getting stabbed 9-10 times and continuing the fight (I cant really imagine this happening with a blow from a longsword). That meant that getting the win depended highly on being skilled enough to repeatedly parry and block the opponents attacks. Arya attempting to block a swing from Sandors longsword would at best get her disarmed and at worst fatally maimed. That means she'd have to dodge or redirect every single swing from an opponent stronger and faster than Brienne. She has no room for error like against Brienne and a single misstep would get her murdered. Rapiers are ill matched in a sword fight with any other sword than a rapier (just look at how easily Arya was disarmed of Needle; this would be fatal here). They were largely replaced by small swords for a reason.

One could try to argue that rapiers have a reach advantage if you factor in arm length but the Hound wields his longsword one handed too, and his arm and sword are both significantly longer than Aryas. Plus, Needle isn't any normal rapier. It was made smaller and lighter to fit Arya's tiny build. It offers no real advantage here other than being super light, and Arya's little sparring session with Brienne is a far cry from winning a fight to the death against a prime Hound. She hasn't shown that kind of capability yet.

FrothByte
This isn't that kind of duel. There are no rules or etiquette here. Duels with rapiers were typically fought for touch points (like Aryas sparing session with Brienne) or first blood and against a matching weapon. There have been reports of people getting stabbed 9-10 times and continuing the fight (I cant really imagine this happening with a blow from a longsword). That meant that getting the win depended highly on being skilled enough to repeatedly parry and block the opponents attacks. Arya attempting to block a swing from Sandors longsword would at best get her disarmed and at worst fatally maimed. That means she'd have to dodge or redirect every single swing from an opponent stronger and faster than Brienne. She has no room for error like against Brienne and a single misstep would get her murdered. Rapiers are ill matched in a sword fight with any other sword than a rapier (just look at how easily Arya was disarmed of Needle; this would be fatal here). They were largely replaced by small swords for a reason.

One could try to argue that rapiers have a reach advantage if you factor in arm length but the Hound wields his longsword one handed too, and his arm and sword are both significantly longer than Aryas. Plus, Needle isn't any normal rapier. It was made smaller and lighter to fit Arya's tiny build. It offers no real advantage here other than being super light, and Arya's little sparring session with Brienne is a far cry from winning a fight to the death against a prime Hound. She hasn't shown that kind of capability yet.

No, duels were either to first blood or to the death. At least earlier on, and yes this was with both rapier and smallsword. There was a whole book by a guy named George Silver where he was saying that rapiers were too deadly in a duel and they should start going back to using sideswords and broadswords.

You're right about thrusts not having the same stopping power as a cut, as cuts will have more impact and thus will be immediately felt. That doesn't mean that a stab to the heart or some other vital organ can be simply ignored. Even just getting stabbed in the forearm is debilitating enough to make you drop a sword. There are also multiple instances where people kept fighting despite taking a direct cut to the head. So it can go both ways.

It's also possible to block a longsword with a rapier, as long as you know what you're doing. If the rapier was disadvantaged against other swords, then it would not have become the primary dueling weapon in Europe during the 18th century.

I'll just leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Dy-zy7Npo&t=21s

Psychotron
It's also possible to block a longsword with a rapier, as long as you know what you're doing. If the rapier was disadvantaged against other swords, then it would not have become the primary dueling weapon in Europe during the 18th century.

I'm not going to comment on the rest, but there's no way Arya could actually block a hit from the Hound without getting her wrist broken.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron
I'm not going to comment on the rest, but there's no way Arya could actually block a hit from the Hound without getting her wrist broken.

You do it with the forte of your blade, catch their foible/debole so that they don't have the same leverage as you do. Even better to simply catch their blade on your crossguard. I've done it multiple times in sparring sessions. Not easy, mind you, but doable. As long as your sword is stiff and tough enough not to break with the force.

That said, I don't think Arya's style is to do hard blocks anyway. When she fought Brienne she mostly used parries and deflections.

Psychotron
You do it with the forte of your blade, catch their foible/debole so that they don't have the same leverage as you do. Even better to simply catch their blade on your crossguard. I've done it multiple times in sparring sessions. Not easy, mind you, but doable. As long as your sword is stiff and tough enough not to break with the force.

That said, I don't think Arya's style is to do hard blocks anyway. When she fought Brienne she mostly used parries and deflections.

You're an adult male sparring with another adult male, not a 5'0 girl trying to block a hit from a 6'6 man with superhuman strength.

FrothByte
You're an adult male sparring with another adult male, not a 5'0 girl trying to block a hit from a 6'6 man with superhuman strength.

The first tournament I ever went to I was eliminated by a 55 yr old, 5 foot woman.

Don't get me wrong, size and strength definitely has advantages. But leverage and physics will still trump size and strength, as long as you're able to do it properly.

quanchi112
Arya wins.

Josh_Alexander

She doesn't need to.

Arya is fast enough to evade every blow from Sandor.

Arya takes this, Sandor isn't even NEAR to the level Arya is.

NemeBro
In an unarmoured duel the rapier is the best sword due to its very long reach for a one handed sword and how quickly and easily one can re-position the blade.

With that said, Needle is not a particularly long sword. It's quite short actually. Her weapon would afford her no advantage on Sandor Clegane's longsword.

She'd still probably win though, because GoT's writing is terrible.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by NemeBro
In an unarmoured duel the rapier is the best sword due to its very long reach for a one handed sword and how quickly and easily one can re-position the blade.

With that said, Needle is not a particularly long sword. It's quite short actually. Her weapon would afford her no advantage on Sandor Clegane's longsword.

She'd still probably win though, because GoT's writing is terrible.

Except needle makes her 2x or 3x faster than Sandor.

If Brienne couldn't handle Arya, then Sandor gets BUTCHERED.

And it was evidence, Arya was just having fun. It was never a real fight for her.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Except needle makes her 2x or 3x faster than Sandor. Provide some cold, hard evidence for this bold claim.

I know you can't though. You never do. You're a worthless piece of human garbage. thumb up

Rebel95
Arya, she's too fast/agile. But if the Hound can hit her or get his hands on her, she's done.

Josh_Alexander
Provide some cold, hard evidence for this bold claim.

I know you can't though. You never do. You're a worthless piece of human garbage. thumb up

I could. Should I? Clearly you have no sense of reason.

Do yourself a favor kid, and go watch Game of Thrones before posting.

(By that i mean i won't waste my time bringing evidence to a person who clearly doesn't know what he is talking about).

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Rebel95
Arya, she's too fast/agile. But if the Hound can hit her or get his hands on her, she's done.

If Brienne couldnt, i don't see why Sandor could.

NemeBro
I could. Should I? Clearly you have no sense of reason.

Do yourself a favor kid, and go watch Game of Thrones before posting.

(By that i mean i won't waste my time bringing evidence to a person who clearly doesn't know what he is talking about). I accept your concession nerd. thumb up

Josh_Alexander
I accept your concession nerd. thumb up

thumb up

Psychotron
The first tournament I ever went to I was eliminated by a 55 yr old, 5 foot woman.

Don't get me wrong, size and strength definitely has advantages. But leverage and physics will still trump size and strength, as long as you're able to do it properly.

So you tried to cut her in half with a bastard sword and she blocked it? Remember, I was talking about blocking, nothing more.

She doesn't need to.

Arya is fast enough to evade every blow from Sandor.

Arya takes this, Sandor isn't even NEAR to the level Arya is.

Lol wut? What has Arya done to put her on the Hound's level?

FrothByte
So you tried to cut her in half with a bastard sword and she blocked it? Remember, I was talking about blocking, nothing more.

Not a bastard sword, no. I was using a scottish broadsword and she blocked it with her rapier's hilt a few times. Wouldn't matter how strongly I tried to hit, there's too much leverage advantage there. If you fenced you'd understand the concept of strong and weak of the blade. As long as the blade doesn't break, it's going to be very hard to power through someone who blocks close to their guard, especially if they brace their body behind it.

Why do you think shields work?

Psychotron
Not a bastard sword, no. I was using a scottish broadsword and she blocked it with her rapier's hilt a few times. Wouldn't matter how strongly I tried to hit, there's too much leverage advantage there. If you fenced you'd understand the concept of strong and weak of the blade. As long as the blade doesn't break, it's going to be very hard to power through someone who blocks close to their guard, especially if they brace their body behind it.

Why do you think shields work?

Well, considering Sandor has bisected a man wearing plate armor as well as cut through Berric's sword I think it's fair to say he can do that to Arya's toothpick. He won't in the show because grrl power, but that's another matter.

Josh_Alexander

Defeat the one who defeated the Hound: Brienne.

Arya has become one of the best fighters in the realm. Maybe only Jaime could be at her level. Or Ned Stark.

You know, the old experienced fighters.

Arya had no trouble fighting Brienne, which puts her automatically on top of the Hound.

FrothByte
Well, considering Sandor has bisected a man wearing plate armor as well as cut through Berric's sword I think it's fair to say he can do that to Arya's toothpick. He won't in the show because grrl power, but that's another matter.

It will be dependent on how strong Needle is. Like I said, if the blade holds then Arya should be able to block with proper technique. If it breaks, well, she gets cut in two.

It doesn't really matter anyway since I don't recall Arya ever performing a hard block with her sword. She parries, deflects and dodges.

FrothByte
Defeat the one who defeated the Hound: Brienne.

Arya has become one of the best fighters in the realm. Maybe only Jaime could be at her level. Or Ned Stark.

You know, the old experienced fighters.

Arya had no trouble fighting Brienne, which puts her automatically on top of the Hound.

To be fair, Brienne never defeated the Hound in a fair fight. And Brienne wasn't taking Arya seriously in the first few seconds of their fight.

KingD19
This literally comes down to a single blow from Sandor. If he can catch Arya, she's dead as dust. However, if she goes straight for the kill like she demonstrated she could against Brienne. I see her taking some wins. She knows all about Hound, but he's never seen Arya fight properly like she can now. He wouldn't expect her to dodge a strike, pop up behind him and drive Needle through the back of his neck.

Psychotron
It will be dependent on how strong Needle is. Like I said, if the blade holds then Arya should be able to block with proper technique. If it breaks, well, she gets cut in two.

It doesn't really matter anyway since I don't recall Arya ever performing a hard block with her sword. She parries, deflects and dodges.

Needle is just normal steel blade, I doubt the Hound will have a problem with it.

Maybe, I don't want to re-watch that awful scene again. I think the Hound is the kind of guy who would take a stab just to disarm Arya, and then it's gg no re. He's been through worse, after all.

Btw, I love how the Hound has to be naked for Arya to have a chance. If he was fully geared he would walk her down.

FrothByte
Needle is just normal steel blade, I doubt the Hound will have a problem with it.

Maybe, I don't want to re-watch that awful scene again. I think the Hound is the kind of guy who would take a stab just to disarm Arya, and then it's gg no re. He's been through worse, after all.

Btw, I love how the Hound has to be naked for Arya to have a chance. If he was fully geared he would walk her down.

Allowing one opponent armor and the other none hardly seems fair.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by KingD19
This literally comes down to a single blow from Sandor. If he can catch Arya, she's dead as dust. However, if she goes straight for the kill like she demonstrated she could against Brienne. I see her taking some wins. She knows all about Hound, but he's never seen Arya fight properly like she can now. He wouldn't expect her to dodge a strike, pop up behind him and drive Needle through the back of his neck.

thumb up

Lol, Needle is Valyrian steel dude. Is harder than normal steel.

Could he take multiple stabs? Cause Arya would stabb him to death without Sandor even being able to see the hits coming.

Arya>Brienne who is > than Sandor.

That should make it clear who the victor here is.

Arya doesn't need the Armor. Armor would only make her heavier and slower, which would in fact make it unfair, since Arya has never weared armor when fighting.

Psychotron

Why? Arya chooses to fight that way. It's her style to be quick and nimble, right?

FrothByte
Why? Arya chooses to fight that way. It's her style to be quick and nimble, right?

If we gave both of them access to full equipment then Arya would be using different disguises and be using poison and deciept to kill Sandor.

That would make for a boring fight. So I removed most of their regular gear and limited them to a sword each.

It's not like Sandor is helpless without armor.

Psychotron
If we gave both of them access to full equipment then Arya would be using different disguises and be using poison and deciept to kill Sandor.

That would make for a boring fight. So I removed most of their regular gear and limited them to a sword each.

It's not like Sandor is helpless without armor.

That wouldn't be a fight, that would be assassination.

KingD19
That wouldn't be a fight, that would be assassination. [/QUOTE

And 5 foot tall Arya vs 6'6 Sandor in full plate with her very short rapier is futile because she could only target his facr and maybe hands. You cant have it both ways.

NemeBro
And 5 foot tall Arya vs 6'6 Sandor in full plate with her very short rapier is futile because she could only target his facr and maybe hands. You cant have it both ways. No, there's a big difference between Sandor being given access to his full preferred equipment and making a fight that isn't even a versus thread, but a "Sandor sits on his hands doing nothing in particular while Arya plots to specifically kill him without his knowledge".

That's not a fight my friend, no more than making a thread where Arya is strapped to a bed butt naked and the Hound is feeling randy and wants to rape her would be a fight. thumb up

FrothByte
Which is why the best way to make this fight fair is to simply give each combatant a single sword. Period. Now discuss.

NemeBro
Which is why the best way to make this fight fair is to simply give each combatant a single sword. Period. Now discuss. No, it would be more fair to make them both completely naked and unarmed. That way they can only depend on their own personal prowess to win. That's as fair as it gets. thumb up

Psychotron
Which is why the best way to make this fight fair is to simply give each combatant a single sword. Period. Now discuss.

Or you could give them both armor...

Either way Sandor walks her down, takes a few bug bites and snaps her neck.

That wouldn't be a fight, that would be assassination.

Uh, no. That's how Arya PREFERS to fight.

Rebel95
If Brienne couldnt, i don't see why Sandor could.
It's totally different. The Hound would go to any measure in order to kill Arya, as opposed to just sparring

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Rebel95
Because they were sparring, they weren't fighting for their lives. Totally different

How?

You mean Brienne wanted her to win? Which is clearly she didn't intend to lose.

juggerman
Lol, Needle is Valyrian steel dude. Is harder than normal steel.

Nope

Arya>Brienne who is > than Sandor.

Also nope

Khazra Reborn

TheVaultDweller
^^ Well, to be fair, I am pretty sure Arya would own him at hide and seek. stick out tongue

Khazra Reborn
Good point. thumb up

Darkstorm Zero
Quick point.... When was Needle ever made of Valyrian Steel? Didn't Jon actually... ya know... have the sword made by Mikken the Winterfell Blacksmith for Arya?

juggerman
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
When was Needle ever made of Valyrian Steel?

Never. He's either honestly mistaken or outright lying. Dunno which yet.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Quick point.... When was Needle ever made of Valyrian Steel? Didn't Jon actually... ya know... have the sword made by Mikken the Winterfell Blacksmith for Arya?

Originally posted by juggerman
Never. He's either honestly mistaken or outright lying. Dunno which yet.

Well, not like it was hard to research. Took me less than a minute to find this.

KOcI0iJaHjs

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Well, not like it was hard to research. Took me less than a minute to find this.

KOcI0iJaHjs

thumb up

Josh_Alexander
Nope

Also nope

My mistake, not made by Valyrian steel.

But why should it matter either way, isn't like Sandor can get her.

Arya wins this.

juggerman
My mistake, not made by Valyrian steel.

But why should it matter either way, isn't like Sandor can get her.

Arya wins this.

You can believe she wins I was just pointing out factually inaccurate statements.

Josh_Alexander
You can believe she wins I was just pointing out factually inaccurate statements.

It's not a matter of belief, its a matter of who is a better fighter, which CLEARLY Arya is.

Sandor is a good fighter, but he doesn't have a chance here (If Brienne didn't had one, then why should Sandor).

Evidently Brienne is a better fighter than Sandor.

So again. Arya>Brienne>Sandor.

juggerman
It's not a matter of belief, its a matter of who is a better fighter, which CLEARLY Arya is.

Sandor is a good fighter, but he doesn't have a chance here (If Brienne didn't had one, then why should Sandor).

Evidently Brienne is a better fighter than Sandor.

So again. Arya>Brienne>Sandor.

Brienne isn't a better fighter. The Hound was weak due to the infection on his neck.

And Arya didn't beat Brienne either. You clearly see that Arya had the advantage because Brienne was going easy at first, doubting Arya's ability. Once she got serious they stalemated

FrothByte
Brienne isn't a better fighter. The Hound was weak due to the infection on his neck.

And Arya didn't beat Brienne either. You clearly see that Arya had the advantage because Brienne was going easy at first, doubting Arya's ability. Once she got serious they stalemated

To be fair, the only "kill hit" of the entire encounter was delivered by Arya, who stopped just short of Brienne's neck.

juggerman
Here's the fight: 4US9QGU2yQI

We see Arya winning in the beginning due to Brienne not really taking it seriously. She thinks she'll curb Arya so she basically goes "half speed". After Arya gets her once Brienne picks it up a bit. Arya gets her again and this is where Brienne gets serious. The next exchange is more intense and Brienne come out on top when she kicks Arya. As we can see by the look on her face, Brienne thinks she went too far and is concerned. Once Arya gets up the fight continues. Arya gets disarmed (a win for Brienne if they had one weapon apiece) and pulls the dagger to continue. The fight ends in a draw.

Important things to remember here are: 1. Arya was serious from jump while Brienne wasn't. 2. Brienne could have ended the fight after the kick had she not been concerned for Arya's safety.

Josh_Alexander

We see Arya winning in the beginning due to Brienne not really taking it seriously. She thinks she'll curb Arya so she basically goes "half speed". After Arya gets her once Brienne picks it up a bit. Arya gets her again and this is where Brienne gets serious. The next exchange is more intense and Brienne come out on top when she kicks Arya. As we can see by the look on her face, Brienne thinks she went too far and is concerned. Once Arya gets up the fight continues. Arya gets disarmed (a win for Brienne if they had one weapon apiece) and pulls the dagger to continue. The fight ends in a draw.

Important things to remember here are: 1. Arya was serious from jump while Brienne wasn't. 2. Brienne could have ended the fight after the kick had she not been concerned for Arya's safety.

Lol. Both Arya and Brienne were on "training mode".

Arya wasn't fighting seriously neither. She had this mocking smile on her face all battle long.

Sandor isn't to the level of Brienne. Brienne is above Sandor.

Sandor isn't even considered an elite fighter. So no, he loses to Brienne of Tarth.

Arya is too fast, and too good of a fighter for Sandor to have a chance.

Arachnid1

Important things to remember here are: 1. Arya was serious from jump while Brienne wasn't. 2. Brienne could have ended the fight after the kick had she not been concerned for Arya's safety. thumb up

The idea of Arya winning against someone like the Hound when she didn't even take a legitimate win against Brienne is ridiculous. Arya gets wrecked here.

FrothByte

I agree with everything you said here except for Brienne ending the fight after her kick. She could definitely have followed the kick with a death blow with her sword... but Arya could have rolled away from that as well. So the kick itself was not a guaranteed win for Brienne in a real match because I doubt Arya would have lain on her back as long had it been a real match.

Josh_Alexander
thumb up

The idea of Arya winning against someone like the Hound when she didn't even take a legitimate win against Brienne is ridiculous. Arya gets wrecked here.

I agree with everything you said here except for Brienne ending the fight after her kick. She could definitely have followed the kick with a death blow with her sword... but Arya could have rolled away from that as well. So the kick itself was not a guaranteed win for Brienne in a real match because I doubt Arya would have lain on her back as long had it been a real match.

Arya never took the fight with Brienne seriously. Arya was just "training". And already we can see how Arya had control over the entire fight while Brienne wasn't really a threat to Arya.

The Hound lost to Brienne. Brienne is faster and a better fight than the Hound.

Now Arya is 2x as fast as Brienne with ease. And her fighting skills are on par or maybe even better than that of Brienne.

The Hound has no chance here. 0

juggerman
Lol. Both Arya and Brienne were on "training mode".

Arya wasn't fighting seriously neither. She had this mocking smile on her face all battle long.

Sandor isn't to the level of Brienne. Brienne is above Sandor.

Sandor isn't even considered an elite fighter. So no, he loses to Brienne of Tarth.

Arya is too fast, and too good of a fighter for Sandor to have a chance.

Brienne was clearly holding back more than Arya since Arya knew Brienne was skilled but Brienne had no idea Arya was. Plus Brienne basically told Arya twice that she couldn't duel her.

Arya was taking it more seriously than Brienne at first. Again once Brienne got more serious they stalemated

Wrong

Wrong again

Wrong thrice

It's debatable sure but she certainly could have pressed the advantage. Either way it's clear for all to see that Arya and Brienne are closer to equals than to one being way batter than the other

Josh_Alexander
Brienne was clearly holding back more than Arya since Arya knew Brienne was skilled but Brienne had no idea Arya was. Plus Brienne basically told Arya twice that she couldn't duel her.

Arya was taking it more seriously than Brienne at first. Again once Brienne got more serious they stalemated

Wrong

Wrong again

Wrong thrice

It's debatable sure but she certainly could have pressed the advantage. Either way it's clear for all to see that Arya and Brienne are closer to equals than to one being way batter than the other

Lol. Explain to me how fighting with a smile on the face is considered serious.

Arya was overconfident when fighting Brienne. Arya isnt the type of fighter that would underestimate her foe when fighting seriously.

https://youtu.be/UYWdklp3lVE

Minute 2:30. Thats fighting seriously.

https://youtu.be/4US9QGU2yQI

Thats mocking Brienne.

Arya has clearly surpassed Brienne. Why should the Hound even have a chance here. The hound isnt considered an elite fighter. Arya has clearly surpassed one of the best elite fighters in the realm.

It wouldnt surprise me if Arya has becomed the best fighter in the realm.

juggerman
Lol. Explain to me how fighting with a smile on the face is considered serious.

Arya was overconfident when fighting Brienne. Arya isnt the type of fighter that would underestimate her foe when fighting seriously.

https://youtu.be/UYWdklp3lVE

Minute 2:30. Thats fighting seriously.

https://youtu.be/4US9QGU2yQI

Thats mocking Brienne.

Arya has clearly surpassed Brienne. Why should the Hound even have a chance here. The hound isnt considered an elite fighter. Arya has clearly surpassed one of the best elite fighters in the realm.
AR
It wouldnt surprise me if Arya has becomed the best fighter in the realm.

Clearly reading isn't your strong suit. I said Arya was taking the fight MORE SERIOUS than Brienne. Brienne had no idea Arya was at all skilled and therefore didn't actually begin trying until she saw Arya had game

It was sparring. Not a life or death fight so that point is moot

If Arya surpassed Brienne then there wouldn't have been a stalemate once Brienne got more serious. Arya couldn't best Brienne when Brienne brought the fight to her. That's a fact

The Hound is one of the best fighter is the series period. Arya is one of the best as well now since she's on par with Brienne

Josh_Alexander
Clearly reading isn't your strong suit. I said Arya was taking the fight MORE SERIOUS than Brienne. Brienne had no idea Arya was at all skilled and therefore didn't actually begin trying until she saw Arya had game

It was sparring. Not a life or death fight so that point is moot

If Arya surpassed Brienne then there wouldn't have been a stalemate once Brienne got more serious. Arya couldn't best Brienne when Brienne brought the fight to her. That's a fact

The Hound is one of the best fighter is the series period. Arya is one of the best as well now since she's on par with Brienne

Arya is deadlier when at risk.

Arya would defeat Brienne in a serious fight.

Arya is faster, better trained, and smarter than Sandor. Sandor doesnt have a chance herem

juggerman
Arya is deadlier when at risk.

Arya would defeat Brienne in a serious fight.

Arya is faster, better trained, and smarter than Sandor. Sandor doesnt have a chance herem

She certainly isn't. How many men has Arya killed in open combat? Not sneak attacks. Not under the cover of darkness. Not while they are on their knees begging for mercy. And then compare that to Brienne

Possibly but it is far from a forgone conclusion

Faster yes. Better trained depends of what you mean exactly. Smarter is subjective and situational. This isn't a math test after all

Ursumeles
Sandor wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.