Mexican Superheroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raisen
The legal latino population of the U.S. is a little under 20% depending on where you get your stats. That's more than the black population; yet blacks are way more represented in the mainstream comics.

Thoughts?

Surtur
Originally posted by Raisen
The legal latino population of the U.S. is a little under 20% depending on where you get your stats. That's more than the black population; yet blacks are way more represented in the mainstream comics.

Thoughts?

We didn't enslave the mexicans in the past though.

Raisen
Originally posted by Surtur
We didn't enslave the mexicans in the past though.

i'm not a fan of illegal immigration for a number of reasons...but illegal immigrants are the closest to slaves that the United States has.

Nuke Nixon
I would be interested in a Beaner Superman.

Raisen
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
I would be interested in a Beaner Superman.

laughing out loud

he's working in the fields when an alien ship crash lands into some almond trees. he just keeps collecting the almonds around the fallen trees but bumps the saucer and is transformed into...

Surtur
i'm not a fan of illegal immigration for a number of reasons...but illegal immigrants are the closest to slaves that the United States has.

Nobody forces them to come here. We've had people deported over 20 times that still come back, we're like the best slave masters ever then.

Raisen
Originally posted by Surtur
Nobody forces them to come here. We've had people deported over 20 times that still come back, we're like the best slave masters ever then.

mentality is different. this is good money back home. work is not foreign to most Mexican people. the 3rd generation ones are pretty much lost tho.

Flyattractor
I enjoyed that Mucha Lucha Cartoon.

http://www.mundoplus.tv/img/0fe21487bb4851c31b6dbe8008e59b47

My fav character was Da Flea!

Nuke Nixon
As it turns out there's lots of Latino characters...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Latino_superheroes

Flyattractor
And they all speak in Spanglish!

jaden101
Sofa on your front lawn man?

Ride in back of a gardener's pick up truck man?

Flyattractor
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Co-wNI9wn6w/hqdefault.jpg

Mindship

Thoughts? I find it interesting how we've been conditioned to think about race in America. Case in point: it is widely believed that the Kirk-Uhuru kiss in ST:TOS was TV's first interracial kiss. It wasn't. It wasn't even Star Trek's first interracial kiss. That actually occurred in the episode, "Mirror, Mirror" (which aired 13 months before "Plato's Stepchildren"wink, where Shatner kissed Eurasian actress Barbara Luna.

So, to respond to your inquiry: the squeakier wheel gets more oil?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.