Happy Columbus Day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Indeed, happy Columbus day. Props to Christopher Columbus thumb up

MythLord
I celebrated today by entering a random person's house and yelling This house is mine!

Emperordmb
Originally posted by MythLord
I celebrated today by entering a random person's house and yelling This house is mine!
Did you message them first via chicken?

Surtur
Originally posted by MythLord

Jokes on you, that person wasn't the original owner anyways. He came over from Asia and people just pretended he was a native wink

MythLord
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Did you message them first via chicken?

No, but I did call them Bagger and Cashier because I was on my way to the grocery store; I just happened to stumble upon that house and really liked it.

Emperordmb
Columbus day 2015 was the day of my first, um... spiritual journey.

MythLord
Originally posted by Surtur
Jokes on you, that person wasn't the original owner anyways. He came over from Asia and people just pretended he was a native wink

Ah, so I just murdered the house-keeper? Well, not as bad a crime I suppose. smile

Surtur
Remember Chris quite possibly followed a ufo here to America.

#Facts

MythLord
*insert obligatory "ALIENS" guy meme here*

Kurk
Nice bait thread...let's see how much longer until robby bites.

Robtard
Edgy thread is edgy thumb up

ArtificialGlory
Columbus day 2015 was the day of my first, um... spiritual journey.
How much acid did you take?

Flyattractor
Nice to see Leftist Progressive Historical Revisionism is still strong and being forced down peoples throats.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
How much acid did you take?
Hundred Micrograms

Kurk
Hundred Micrograms try some flakka sometime and film the reaction

Flyattractor
Remember never do Acid when you are feeling blue.

Unless your friends enjoy watching you spaz out.

Bashar Teg
f*ck cristopher columbus.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Edgy thread is edgy thumb up

There is nothing edgy about wishing people a happy Columbus Day.

Robtard
#triggered

Bashar Teg
i once had my car 'discovered'. that really sucked.

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i once had my car 'discovered'. that really sucked.

It's not like the native americans didn't do plenty of "discovering" with each other.

Robtard
TIL: Nigh genocide was okay because at times the Natives warred against each other

Scribble
Surtur, I thought you were against illegal immigration? 🤔

Robtard
Originally posted by Scribble

laughing out loud

Surtur
TIL: Nigh genocide was okay because at times the Natives warred against each other

I never said that. I'm merely pointed out that all the behavior people whine about whites doing to the native americans...they did to each other. Slavery, stealing land, butchering each other, etc.

Surtur

I am indeed against people illegally entering the country. What established laws did Columbus break?

Scribble
I never said that. I'm merely pointed out that all the behavior people whine about whites doing to the native americans...they did to each other. Slavery, stealing land, butchering each other, etc. I don't think there's any historical evidence that Native American tribes gave each other smallpox-infested blankets in a direct effort to wipe their enemies entire race from the face of the country so that they could then further colonise it and bring more of their people over from overseas and live there
I am indeed against people illegally entering the country. What established laws did Columbus break? So it's literally just the law that makes it bad? If we got rid of immigration laws, you'd accept anybody and everybody coming over, by that logic. Right?

Robtard

So it's literally just the law that makes it bad? If we got rid of immigration laws, you'd accept anybody and everybody coming over, by that logic. Right?

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Black-Man-Laughing-In-The-Bath-Tub-Drinking-a-40oz-Beer.gif

Surtur
Okay, but they did the whole slavery, and of course the biggie: stealing land.

Also, I think you're smarter than to try to make the immigration argument you're making. It's not just the law, there are reasons why I want it followed. Illegals coming into this country on average tend to cost more than they put back in.

And yep, some of them are violent criminals and our sanctuary cities help shield them. We have enough crime here from legal citizens, I do not want more.

Robtard
A) "It's the law!"

B) "So if the laws changed?"

A) "It's not just the law!"

laughing out loud

BackFire
Happy "whatever day you want it to be" day.

Surtur
But I never said it was just the law lol. That is something you tried to twist it into. Do you truly not see that? I mean if you need to ignore it to suit your narrative okay.

Robtard
Your post implied "the law" as being the sole reason, sport. Here it is:

I am indeed against people illegally entering the country. What established laws did Columbus break?

Now do some more flips.

Surtur
But there is nothing to flip on. I never once said "it's the law and only the law". If the only argument you can make is to twist something I said so you can whine about it...that tells me really all I need to know lol.

Robtard
If we do away with the aspect of "the law", then your argument is without foundation, sport.

BTW, only a few more post until the page flips and your embarrassment is hidden; we can do it. Unless Scribs brings it back up and eSodomizes you again. But he's a nice guy.

ArtificialGlory
He came, he saw, he conquered.

Surtur
If we do away with the aspect of "the law", then your argument is without foundation, sport.

BTW, only a few more post until the page flips and your embarrassment is hidden; we can do it. Unless Scribs brings it back up and eSodomizes you again. But he's a nice guy.

But it was never the foundation of my argument lol. You came in and tried to claim that, but that doesn't actually make it reality.

You are right the page probably will turn soon, and once it does you can sadly comment on it and celebrate some sort of pretend victory, Robtard style lol.

And holy shit if you think that was "e-sodomizing" that shows truly how lost you are lol.

Robtard
But it was never the foundation of my argument lol. You came in and tried to claim that, but that doesn't actually make it reality.

You are right the page probably will turn soon, and once it does you can sadly comment on it and celebrate some sort of pretend victory, Robtard style lol.

And holy shit if you think that was "e-sodomizing" that shows truly how lost you are lol.

You literally used "the law" as the crux of your argument, sport. So pick and stick with something. Your flips are silly.

That line was a fail.

Another fail.

Surtur
You literally used "the law" as the crux of your argument, sport. So pick and stick with something. Your flips are silly.

That line was a fail.

Another fail.

Lol but I never said "the law" was my only argument. That is what you tried to twist it into. I never said it was only the law. It's a sad tactic you're clinging onto because you have no actual argument.

Also, your opinion is moot at this point. If you think that was e-sodomizing you surely aren't qualified to deem other lines as failures.

Bashar Teg
"i never said the exact words..."

new gimmick plz yawn

Surtur
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
"i never said the exact words..."

new gimmick plz yawn

Don't you ever get tired of the pathetic tactic of twisting a persons argument in order to suit your own responses though?

If it suits you to pretend that my 2 sentence reply was the totality of my argument then go for it thumb up

Robtard
Lol but I never said "the law" was my only argument. That is what you tried to twist it into. I never said it was only the law. It's a sad tactic you're clinging onto because you have no actual argument.

Also, your opinion is moot at this point. If you think that was e-sodomizing you surely aren't qualified to deem other lines as failures.

Here's your comment that has you doing flips now:

If we remove 'the law' aspect, you quite literally have no argument. So yes, 'the law' was the focal point of what your were arguing, sport. Scibs tore right through it and now you're not a happy camper; everyone can see this.

And to think, you were probably so proud of yourself when you made this thread; but now you're #triggered af. sad

Surtur
Here's your comment that has you doing flips now:

If we remove 'the law' aspect, you quite literally have no argument. So yes, 'the law' was the focal point of what your were arguing, sport.

But the "you'd have no argument without the law" only works if that was the sum total of my argument lol. It was not. You see, I was responding to a flippant comment made by Scribble. It was not intended to be everything I thought on the subject packed into two sentences. Did you want another shot? Maybe talk about flips some more?

Surtur
And to think, you were probably so proud of yourself when you made this thread; but now you're #triggered af. sad

Oh Rob, you forget though: your judgement is no longer valid. I am indeed proud of this thread, Happy Columbus Day bro thumb up

Scribble
Also, I think you're smarter than to try to make the immigration argument you're making. It's not just the law, there are reasons why I want it followed. Illegals coming into this country on average tend to cost more than they put back in.

And yep, some of them are violent criminals and our sanctuary cities help shield them. We have enough crime here from legal citizens, I do not want more. Let me apply that logic to your Native argument then:

There were good reasons for the Natives not wanting European settlers on their land. European settlers on average caused many more deaths than they did help them. And yep, some of those settlers were vicious imperialists who enacted genocides. They already had enough inter-tribe violence and slavery as it was, and they didn't want more.

There you go, this should be your opinion now because it fits exactly with your other thought processes and I think it's a good idea to be consistent if nothing else.

Btw, there were also countless Native American tribes who did not engage in violence or slavery and instead just lived peacefully off the land, and they got it just as bad as the other tribes.

Surtur
Let me apply that logic to your Native argument then:

There were good reasons for the Natives not wanting European settlers on their land. European settlers on average caused many more deaths than they did help them. And yep, some of those settlers were vicious imperialists who enacted genocides. They already had enough inter-tribe violence and slavery as it was, and they didn't want more.

There you go, this should be your opinion now because it fits exactly with your other thought processes and I think it's a good idea to be consistent if nothing else.

Btw, there were also countless Native American tribes who did not engage in violence or slavery and instead just lived peacefully off the land, and they got it just as bad as the other tribes.

Lol no, that's just not going to fly. My opinion boils down to what is good for this country. That is what I care about, how illegal immigration effects this country. There will be no "gotcha" moment here, unfortunately.

And nobody said all natives participate in that behavior., Just the fact that any of them did tends to sometimes get glossed over. Just like not every single European that showed up was an utter monster.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It's not like the native americans didn't do plenty of "discovering" with each other.

-_-

He killed children and tortured them regularly. It was the kind of stuff you would find ridiculous to do to an animal much less other people. That was the daily lives of the natives under Colombus' governorship. The Spanish Inquistion was terrible even by feudal standards...

The natives on the Carriebeans were almost completely wiped out in a matter of decades.

That labour shortage was the driving economic reason behind the African Slave trade....

Scribble
Lol no, that's just not going to fly. My opinion boils down to what is good for this country. That is what I care about, how illegal immigration effects this country. There will be no "gotcha" moment here, unfortunately.

And nobody said all natives participate in that behavior., Just the fact that any of them did tends to sometimes get glossed over. Just like not every single European that showed up was an utter monster. What isn't going to fly? Basic consistency in beliefs? You can believe in what's good for this country as well as recognising that the genocide of the Native Americans was a bad thing, you don't have to choose one. You don't even have to feel guilty about it. It'd just make sense to at least recognise your own history. Otherwise it's just nationalism for the sake of nationalism.

Surtur
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
-_-

That was the daily lives of the natives under Colombus' governorship. The Spanish Inquistion was terrible even by feudal standards...

The natives on the Carriebeans were almost completely wiped out in a matter of decades.

That labour shortage was the reason behind the African Slavs trade....

What do you feel you just proved? I'm serious. I never said we didn't commit atrocities. You didn't prove that the natives didn't participate in some abhorrent behavior as well.

No, it doesn't excuse it either.

Surtur
What isn't going to fly? Basic consistency in beliefs? You can believe in what's good for this country as well as recognising that the genocide of the Native Americans was a bad thing, you don't have to choose one. You don't even have to feel guilty about it. It'd just make sense to at least recognise your own history. Otherwise it's just nationalism for the sake of nationalism.

LOL, this, what you just said, that is what is not going to fly. I never said what happened to them was a good thing. Why are you framing it that way?

Pointing out they did some bad shit to is not saying they deserved anything.

Robtard
Let me apply that logic to your Native argument then:

But you see, your argument is easily broken apart by applying the special rules of double standards. Sorry.

Scribble
LOL, this, what you just said, that is what is not going to fly. I never said what happened to them was a good thing. Why are you framing it that way?

Pointing out they did some bad shit to is not saying they deserved anything. Well in all fairness, I'm framing it that way because
Indeed, happy Columbus day. Props to Christopher Columbus thumb up Originally posted by Surtur
Jokes on you, that person wasn't the original owner anyways. He came over from Asia and people just pretended he was a native wink your celebration of Colombus in particular (rather than the broad idea of the foundation of the USA) and the attempt to place some kind of weird flippant blame on the Natives, even saying they weren't natives at all (they were, their lineage went back a very long way, which makes them natives), kind of does betray a sense of disdain for their existence, so you do seem to be revelling in their genocide somewhat.

Surtur
The 2nd comment was a joke, and the first was me saying Happy Columbus Day. That's paper thin.

And no, nobody blamed natives. What I said was their behavior gets glossed over.

To say that equates to reveling in their genocide is kinda batshit insane.

Scribble
It may have been a 'joke', but just like male gamers who threaten rape towards female gamers, it's not just a joke, but a keen insight into the way your mind works.

What is your opinion on the Native American genocide that your country was founded on, then?
To say that equates to reveling in their genocide is kinda batshit insane. Skipping straight to the "you sound unhinged" debate. Classy.

Surtur
It may have been a 'joke', but just like male gamers who threaten rape towards female gamers, it's not just a joke, but a keen insight into the way your mind works.

What is your opinion on the Native American genocide that your country was founded on, then?
Skipping straight to the "you sound unhinged" debate. Classy.

Lol oh please. And you saying this is reveling in genocide is a keen insight into how your mind works, and so far it makes some disturbing leaps.

My opinion is I don't feel what happened to them was right, but what I won't do is feel one ounce of guilt over it.

And did you legit just make a comment about me being classy when you just accused me in reveling in genocide? Holy shit did Bash break you? Because you are not at your best here. Seriously lol, "reveling in their genocide" and you truly do not see how crazy that sounds? That scares me. I'll chalk it up to trolling.

Rage.Of.Olympus
And nobody said all natives participate in that behavior., Just the fact that any of them did tends to sometimes get glossed over. Just like not every single European that showed up was an utter monster.

Lol, oh boy, you clearly don't know much about the next governor installed by the crown after Columbus....

Not implying that every European is an utter monster.

Surtur
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, oh boy, you clearly don't know much about the next governor installed by the crown after Columbus....

Not implying that every European is an utter monster.

Okay, so nothing you said actually refuted anything I said.

Scribble
Lol oh please. And you saying this is reveling in genocide is a keen insight into how your mind works, and so far it makes some disturbing leaps.

My opinion is I don't feel what happened to them was right, but what I won't do is feel one ounce of guilt over it.

And did you legit just make a comment about me being classy when you just accused me in reveling in genocide? Holy shit did Bash break you? Because you are not at your best here. Seriously lol, "reveling in their genocide" and you truly do not see how crazy that sounds? That scares me. I'll chalk it up to trolling. I don't necessarily believe that, I'm just gauging your responses. Which I guess is trolling. Using exaggerated positions to see what the other person says. I believe you that you feel it was bad what happened to them, and your initial posts and 'jokes' were more than likely just trolling attempts themselves to enrage pinkos.

Also, of course you don't think I'm at my best now, now that I'm debating you and not Bash. 🤔

Surtur
I don't necessarily believe that, I'm just gauging your responses. Which I guess is trolling. Using exaggerated positions to see what the other person says. I believe you that you feel it was bad what happened to them, and your initial posts and 'jokes' were more than likely just trolling attempts themselves to enrage pinkos.

Also, of course you don't think I'm at my best now, now that I'm debating you and not Bash. 🤔

It has nothing to do with who you're debating and more to do with nonsensical arguments about reveling in genocide.

Scribble
It has nothing to do with who you're debating and more to do with nonsensical arguments about reveling in genocide. Well, you made nonsensical posts about the Natives not being 'real' Natives, so snap

Robtard
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Mother Night

Hence my "shape up" comments, Surt

Scribble
"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." -Kurt Vonnegut Jr., Mother Night

Hence my "shape up" comments, Surt Great book, read it earlier this year. Love me some Vonnegut.

Surtur
I prefer Slaughterhouse 5.

Robtard
The point, Surt. If you pretend to be a bigot, people will treat you like one. Do better.

Scribble

Surtur
The point, Surt. If you pretend to be a bigot, people will treat you like one. Do better.

This means I should generally just treat you like a piece of shit though lol.

Surtur

Robtard
This means I should generally just treat you like a piece of shit though lol.

If someone gives you solid advice to help you and your instinct is to insult the person in return, you probably should do some soul-searching, Surt. Do better for yourself.

Surtur
Well, you made nonsensical posts about the Natives not being 'real' Natives, so snap

Are they indigenous to North America?

Surtur
If someone gives you solid advice to help you and your instinct is to insult the person in return, you probably should do some soul-searching, Surt. Do better for yourself.

Lol Rob, and this is another example of why you shouldn't be taken seriously. You weren't trying to help anyone. I've been posting here long enough that I know the games you play.

You're truly going to pretend like you had my best interests in mind here? Lol.

Scribble
Are they indigenous to North America? We're all from Africa, bro. They were indigenous as far as it goes, as far as many cultures are.

Robtard
Lol Rob, and this is another example of why you shouldn't be taken seriously. You weren't trying to help anyone. I've been posting here long enough that I know the games you play.

So you think I was insulting/attacking you with the Vonnegut quote. Very weird. Very paranoid.

Surtur
We're all from Africa, bro. They were indigenous as far as it goes, as far as many cultures are.

Well now I have to ask how you define the word "indigenous" ?

Surtur
So you think I was insulting/attacking you with the Vonnegut quote. Very weird. Very paranoid.

Rob the things you are saying do not make any sense. Your responses clearly indicate you were attacking me with the quote. Look at what happened. You said the quote, Scribble responded. I responded and named by favorite book by Vonnegut. Then you respond to me with this:

Lol how is this not an insinuation that I'm a bigot? How is calling someone a bigot not an insult?

Scribble
Well now I have to ask how you define the word "indigenous" ? Honestly, in this situation, I'd happily substitute 'native' or 'indigenous' with 'lived there so long it was their right to continue living there'. Semantics become less useful in the face of genocide.

Robtard
Rob the things you are saying do not make any sense. Your responses clearly indicate you were attacking me with the quote. Look at what happened. You said the quote, Scribble responded. I responded and named by favorite book by Vonnegut. Then you respond to me with this:

Lol how is this not an insinuation that I'm a bigot? How is calling someone a bigot not an insult?

My post wasn't insinuating that you're a bigot. I clearly said "pretend to be" as the qualifier; meaning you're not really a bigot, but acting like one. Which is the very point of the Vonnegut quote, ie becareful what you pretend to be, because people will see you that way.

Honestly, you're going out of your way here to find vinegar when I was giving honey.

Surtur
Honestly, in this situation, I'd happily substitute 'native' or 'indigenous' with 'lived there so long it was their right to continue living there'. Semantics become less useful in the face of genocide.

I dunno, we can still acknowledge the bad things that happened to them without having to pretend they are indigenous to the country.

Surtur
My post wasn't insinuating that you're a bigot. I clearly said "pretend to be" as the qualifier; meaning you're not really a bigot, but acting like one. Which is the very point of the Vonnegut quote, ie becareful what you pretend to be, because people will see you that way.

Honestly, you're going out of your way here to find vinegar when I was giving honey.

Lol Rob you'd be more believable if I hadn't been witness to your behavior for years.

Scribble
I dunno, we can still acknowledge the bad things that happened to them without having to pretend they are indigenous to the country. They were natives. At this point, you're a native too, due to the association between you and your country of birth. So they were certainly natives. Hence they are called 'Native Americans', rather than 'Indigenous Americans'. The reason they continue to be called Native Americans is because they were the first major people to populate and inhabit in the area. Seems fair to me.

Robtard
Lol Rob you'd be more believable if I hadn't been witness to your behavior for years. I make it blatantly obvious when I'm being an ass; I clearly am not on this page. You're acting like a victim now though.

Surtur
They were natives. At this point, you're a native too, due to the association between you and your country of birth. So they were certainly natives. Hence they are called 'Native Americans', rather than 'Indigenous Americans'. The reason they continue to be called Native Americans is because they were the first major people to populate and inhabit in the area. Seems fair to me.

Well I can respect this outlook. The thing is though, in this country, not everyone would consider me a native.

Scribble
I'll say it again, Rob made a very good point with that. Even if he was being an ass, which I don't think he was (he's usually way more overt then he does that), it doesn't make his or Vonnegut's point any less pertinent.

Robtard
I'll say it again, Rob made a very good point with that. Even if he was being an ass, which I don't think he was (he's usually way more overt then he does that), it doesn't make his or Vonnegut's point any less pertinent.

Exactly thumb up Take me out of the equation all together, the quote is as is

Scribble
Well I can respect this outlook. The thing is though, in this country, not everyone would consider me a native. Well, I guess that's mostly because of the history behind it, as in it would seem disrespectful to start calling yourselves the native people after the ways in which the original natives were stripped of their heritage. But from a technical point of view you and your ancestors have lived their long enough to be considered native by now.

Robtard
Everyone knows to be a "native" you have to have at least 1,000 years of family history in the given area. This is a fact.

So Surtur, you're a squatter.

Surtur

In a sane country Rob might have had a point. The "if you act like a bigot you'll be treated like a bigot" thing is just not true for this country. Sadly, you don't need to act like a bigot or a racist to be treated like one.

I've been labeled "alt right" here. I've been labeled a nazi sympathizer as well. Spoiler alert though: I hate nazis and have never once condoned their belief. Likewise, I am not "alt right" by any stretch of the imagination.

Surtur
Well, I guess that's mostly because of the history behind it, as in it would seem disrespectful to start calling yourselves the native people after the ways in which the original natives were stripped of their heritage. But from a technical point of view you and your ancestors have lived their long enough to be considered native by now.

So it sounds like we ignore reality because a group of people were oppressed a long time ago.

Raisen
Columbus day is for real patriots

Scribble
So it sounds like we ignore reality because a group of people were oppressed a long time ago. It can be acknowledged without being ignored. I think respect is a very important human trait; you're lucky enough to live in your country, even though it has a dark history, so you may as well have respect for the people that suffered in the past (and in the case of Native Americans, pretty much never stopped getting shafted). I personally just see that as common decency.

Surtur
It can be acknowledged without being ignored. I think respect is a very important human trait; you're lucky enough to live in your country, even though it has a dark history, so you may as well have respect for the people that suffered in the past (and in the case of Native Americans, pretty much never stopped getting shafted). I personally just see that as common decency.

Speaking of dark history, did you see how people were complaining over what Trump said about Columbus Day? The complaint was that he didn't bring up our "dark history" like Obama did when he put out these statements on Columbus Day.

Scribble
Speaking of dark history, did you see how people were complaining over what Trump said about Columbus Day? The complaint was that he didn't bring up our "dark history" like Obama did when he put out these statements on Columbus Day. Well it is literally Colombus Day, and Colombus was one of the main ****ers of the Natives, so like I say, it'd be common decency to at least give them a nod. It's not like they get Native Day and a big speech from the president about them any time, so at least give them a bit of a shout out. He doesn't 'have' to, but I think it'd more respectable to do it than not.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Raisen
Columbus day is for real patriots Ignoring inconvenient parts of our history is not patriotic.

Rockydonovang
In a sane country Rob might have had a point. The "if you act like a bigot you'll be treated like a bigot" thing is just not true for this country. Sadly, you don't need to act like a bigot or a racist to be treated like one.

I've been labeled "alt right" here. I've been labeled a nazi sympathizer as well. Spoiler alert though: I hate nazis and have never once condoned their belief. Likewise, I am not "alt right" by any stretch of the imagination.
I'm not sure where you got the idea that overreaction is something that only happens in America.

NemeBro
Surtur, I thought you were against illegal immigration? 🤔 Whew lad. laughing out loud

NemeBro
A) "It's the law!"

B) "So if the laws changed?"

A) "It's not just the law!"

laughing out loud Yeah, Surt the Squirt played himself. thumb up

One of the more one-sided encounters he's had.

cdtm
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I'm not sure where you got the idea that overreaction is something that only happens in America.

I've been thinking a lot about that..

No, it's not only America. It's also Britian, and probably Italy, France, India (Based on some old friends in India, it seems like most Indians trust white European people to run the government more then their fellow Indians. National stockholm syndrome?)

Wondering where people DON'T overreact or polarizd their politics. Maybe even where the majority act civil to each other, instead of like scavengers or wild beasts looking for easy prey..

Canada, maybe? Most Canadians I've met seemed pretty nice..

NemeBro
Lol but I never said "the law" was my only argument. It was the only thing you said, in a direct response to Scrib pointing out that you're against illegal immigration. Your failure to clarify your argument (and yes, by your own words you were actually arguing) further is your own failure, if indeed you're not merely lying to save face. Whether due to stunted skills at communication or genuine stupidity, you played yourself and lost the argument. thumb up

NemeBro
My opinion is I don't feel what happened to them was right, but what I won't do is feel one ounce of guilt over it. I also do not feel a single iota of guilt over the actions of a people so far removed from as to be completely alien. I also don't cheekily praise Christopher Columbus and what he did, and can easily acknowledge he was a piece of shit who was literally as bad as Hitler and shouldn't have his own holiday.

Acknowledging and condemning the atrocities of Columbus does not require feeling guilt over them. You don't even need to feel guilt to empathize with the plight of the Native Americans (which I don't particularly do myself). You're a moral coward my friend.

cdtm
It can be acknowledged without being ignored. I think respect is a very important human trait; you're lucky enough to live in your country, even though it has a dark history, so you may as well have respect for the people that suffered in the past (and in the case of Native Americans, pretty much never stopped getting shafted). I personally just see that as common decency.

At least there's casino's..?

Except those only go to a very limited number of people, so maybe not.

And if you can believe Trump, they're really mafia fronts, or so he said (I do think it's funny how Foxwoods and Mohegan never have a single Native American running them..)

NemeBro
In a sane country Rob might have had a point. The "if you act like a bigot you'll be treated like a bigot" thing is just not true for this country. Sadly, you don't need to act like a bigot or a racist to be treated like one. "If you act like a bigot you'll be treated like a bigot" and "you don't need to act like a bigot or a racist to be treated like one" are not exclusive statements.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by BackFire
Happy "whatever day you want it to be" day.

I celebrate Leif Erikson Day instead. Not only is he Norse like my ancestors, but he discovered North America 500 years before Columbus. And Leif Erickson Day has been official observed in Illinois, where I live, since 1956. It is an all around better holiday.

Sacred Fire
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I celebrate Leif Erikson Day instead. Not only is he Norse like my ancestors, but he discovered North America 500 years before Columbus. And Leif Erickson Day has been official observed in Illinois, where I live, since 1956. It is an all around better holiday.

Damn... wish we had that here. :/

Edit: I may have spoke too soon. It might actually be recognized in Texas. I don't know. Trying to find out now.

Flyattractor

You celebrate a person whose ancestors raped and pilliaged the Scottish and English People.

Adam is a HORRIBLE PERSON!

eek!

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Flyattractor
You celebrate a person whose ancestors raped and pilliaged the Scottish and English People.

eek!

http://data.whicdn.com/images/62856677/original.gif

Flyattractor
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/91M9xlLs2V4/hqdefault.jpg

cdtm
laughing

Raisen

you in Illinois? you and surt should link up

Scribble

eek! That happened in a completely different country though

#NotAllVikings

Scribble
Originally posted by NemeBro
"If you act like a bigot you'll be treated like a bigot" and "you don't need to act like a bigot or a racist to be treated like one" are not exclusive statements. Haha yeah. "Some people might call me a bigot anyway, so I may as well pretend to be a bigot." What madness is that?

Also, another thing about the whole mentioning the Natives point: Isn't ignoring the Natives and what happened to them, specifically on Colombus Day, one of those "ignoring facts" things that Surtur despises so?

cdtm
Haha yeah. "Some people might call me a bigot anyway, so I may as well pretend to be a bigot." What madness is that?

And then you justify them overreacting.

I'd settle.for just punching someone in the nose who calls you a bigot for no reason, but then you're a violent felon instead of a bigot.. Can't win, I guess. smile

Scribble
Originally posted by cdtm
And then you justify them overreacting.

I'd settle.for just punching someone in the nose who calls you a bigot for no reason, but then you're a violent felon instead of a bigot.. Can't win, I guess. smile It's a shame that things are this way at the moment, even those firmly on the left are being branded nazi sympathisers by the more fanatical sects that have popped up, let alone anyone even vaguely right-wing or just centre. I'm hoping it all eventually blows over so that the sensible people can have a platform again without having to pander to reactionary crybabies.

Surtur
Thank you everyone who participated in the thread yesterday for helping to make it a great Columbus Day.

Also a thanks to President Donald J Trump for the great statement he made about Columbus Day thumb up

#MAGA

Robtard
Yeah, Surt the Squirt played himself. thumb up

One of the more one-sided encounters he's had.

He was bent over the barrel and taken from the rears

Flyattractor
That happened in a completely different country though

#NotAllVikings

But #AllVikingsAreWhite.

Am I right you Delicate Little Snowflake?

ArtificialGlory
But #AllVikingsAreWhite.

Am I right you Delicate Little Snowflake?
Of course, that's why they're so evil.

Flyattractor
The Best Snow is the Brown or Black Snow.

Surtur
He was bent over the barrel and taken from the rears

Only to the unintelligent.

Robtard
It was the only thing you said, in a direct response to Scrib pointing out that you're against illegal immigration. Your failure to clarify your argument (and yes, by your own words you were actually arguing) further is your own failure, if indeed you're not merely lying to save face. Whether due to stunted skills at communication or genuine stupidity, you played yourself and lost the argument. thumb up

^

#nailedit

Flyattractor
Nembro is just full of the SurtHate and it clouds his/her/it's viewpoints on literally everything.

That is why Robbie likes His/Her/It's post so much.

They both have shit in their heads.

Surtur
^

#nailedit

It's okay Rob, if you give another post of his a "bingo" it will really lend weight to his arguments.

Surtur
It was the only thing you said, in a direct response to Scrib pointing out that you're against illegal immigration. Your failure to clarify your argument (and yes, by your own words you were actually arguing) further is your own failure, if indeed you're not merely lying to save face. Whether due to stunted skills at communication or genuine stupidity, you played yourself and lost the argument. thumb up

It was the only thing I said to a flippant comment made by Scribble lol. So no, I wasn't going to unleash my every single thought on the issue right then and there lol. Context: it matters.

Robtard
It's okay Rob, if you give another post of his a "bingo" it will really lend weight to his arguments.

^

Triggered again

Robtard
It was the only thing I said to a flippant comment made by Scribble lol. So no, I wasn't going to unleash my every single thought on the issue right then and there lol. Context: it matters.

IOW: "I had a proper counter argument, I just didn't say it then and won't say it now cos reasons!" -Surtur

Flyattractor
Blah blah blah Robbie Supports Racism.

Surtur
IOW: "I had a proper counter argument, I just didn't say it then and won't say it now cos reasons!" -Surtur

It's..not hard to grasp. Scribble made what was a flippant comment. Thus I didn't respond with a mountain of text about immigration. I then spoke further about immigration and my thoughts, but all you could do was essentially whine over the fact I didn't spill my every thought on the issue in response to a flippant comment lol.

All you are doing is celebrating a pretend victory. You don't find that sad? You are absolutely giddy someone else shares your warped sense of reality. It's odd lol.

Robtard
It's..not hard to grasp. Scribble made what was a flippant comment. Thus I didn't respond with a mountain of text about immigration. I then spoke further about immigration and my thoughts, but all you could do was essentially whine over the fact I didn't spill my every thought on the issue in response to a flippant comment lol.

All you are doing is celebrating a pretend victory. You don't find that sad? You are absolutely giddy someone else shares your warped sense of reality. It's odd lol.

^ manages to barf out an 80+ word daitribe, still manages to avoid proving his argument. Too funny

Surtur
^ manages to barf out an 80+ word daitribe, still manages to avoid proving his argument. Too funny

Lol but Rob, there is zero argument to prove here. I gave more reasons after my initial post why I felt the way I did.

Flyattractor
Surt shared his Fee Fee's!!!!!!

Robtard
Lol but Rob, there is zero argument to prove here. I gave more reasons after my initial post why I felt the way I did.

False. You danced around like a nancy, as are now.

Surtur

Danced around...what? I never said the NA's deserved what happened or anything like that. There is nothing else to argue.

Flyattractor

Robbie is a Homophobe.

Robtard
Danced around...what? I never said the NA's deserved what happened or anything like that. There is nothing else to argue.

Confusing the Point. The issue was "the law" and you know that, nancyboy

Flyattractor
All Laws are Racist.

Nuke Nixon
If the indigenous couldn't fight hard enough to keep their land then nuts to them, let the Italians have their little nothing holiday, it ain't like there's anything going on that day... it's not Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Flyattractor
History Prof Nuke has spoken.

Surtur
Confusing the Point. The issue was "the law" and you know that, nancyboy

And Rob, you know I clarified my position further after that. I explained why I wanted the immigration laws followed. What else there to argue? Other than a back and forth of you telling me what I meant, and me saying "no, that's not all I meant, it was a response to a flippant comment".

Surtur
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
If the indigenous couldn't fight hard enough to keep their land then nuts to them, let the Italians have their little nothing holiday, it ain't like there's anything going on that day... it's not Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Indeed, and it is very odd to me to see people wailing at Trump because he essentially doesn't talk shit about Columbus on Columbus Day. What will they expect him to say this upcoming "Presidents Day"? "JFK was a great president who helped see us through the Cuban Missile Crisis. Oh and he also cheated on his wife with several women and was addicted to painkillers. That will be all".

Beniboybling
Wow, Surt got humiliated. sad

NemeBro
Why wouldn't he talk shit about Columbus on Columbus Day? He was an incompetent boob who got lucky who also happened to be a bloodthirsty murdering tyrant. There was nothing good going on with the guy. He doesn't deserve any praise, nor does he deserve his own holiday my friend. thumb down

NemeBro
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Wow, Surt got humiliated. sad thumb up

"B-but I wasn't arguing!"

Surt the Squirt is such a retard.

Surtur
thumb up

"B-but I wasn't arguing!"

Surt the Squirt is such a retard.

It seems more like the retards are the ones spewing the same nonsense as you.

Surtur
Why wouldn't he talk shit about Columbus on Columbus Day? He was an incompetent boob who got lucky who also happened to be a bloodthirsty murdering tyrant. There was nothing good going on with the guy. He doesn't deserve any praise, nor does he deserve his own holiday my friend. thumb down

But see, you don't get to decide who does or does not deserve their own holiday.

Flyattractor
Did Columbus become a "Murdering Tyrant" before or after He found out that the Native Americans killed a bunch of his crew mates?

You know. The 35 or so Crew members that Columbus left in the New World when he went back to Spain with a couple of Native Ambassadors and when He got back he found that all the crew members had been murdered by the Natives?

Or is that part of the History we are supposed to gloss over?

Robtard
And Rob, you know I clarified my position further after that. I explained why I wanted the immigration laws followed. What else there to argue? Other than a back and forth of you telling me what I meant, and me saying "no, that's not all I meant, it was a response to a flippant comment".

Here you are again about "the law" when you said it wasn't about the law after Scribs nailed you to the wall with your "it's the law" argument ...

Nuke Nixon
The Vikings found the new world first, give them that day.

Flyattractor
Vikings didn't actually wear Horn Helmets.

SO they aint all that cool.

Surtur
Here you are again about "the law" when you said it wasn't about the law after Scribs nailed you to the wall with your "it's the law" argument ...

But I explained why I wanted them followed. Which explains why I would not be okay if they said "it's all legal, everyone come in!".

Did you want to keep trying and failing? No doubt one of your pals will thumb you up.

Nuke Nixon
Vikings didn't actually wear Horn Helmets.

SO they aint all that cool.

They're better than weenie Italians.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
They're better than weenie Italians.

But Viking Cooking sucks.

Robtard
But I explained why I wanted them followed. Which explains why I would not be okay if they said "it's all legal, everyone come in!".

Did you want to keep trying and failing? No doubt one of your pals will thumb you up.

Look at this tiny dancer. If the laws changed then that would be the law of the land and therefore you should be okay wit hit, since your argument against it was "the law" to begin with.

Scribs' entire point when he nailed you to the wall with your paper-thin argument; everyone saw it. Everyone.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>