King Arthur vs GoT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
King Arthur from Legend of the Sword takes on every named melee warrior from GoT, all at once, on an open battlefield. He has Excalibur for the fight, and is operating at peak levels.

Can the sheer numbers overwhelm him, or will he carve his way through the best that Westeros has to offer?

HulkIsHulk
They get murdered unless you're using someone like White/Witch King

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
They get murdered unless you're using someone like White/Witch King

Nah, I mean more the human fighters. So, all the named melee fighters, like Jaime, the Hound, the Mountain, Grey Worm, Jon Snow etc. It should actually come out to at least a couple dozen fighters after 7 seasons, because dead guys, like Oberyn, are also usable.

Night King still lacks feats, so I don't like using him. All he's done so far, physically, is throw a spear. Now, the throw was pretty damn impressive, and indicates significant levels of super strength. But that won't help much if he is slow as shit or a crappy fighter.

KingD19
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Nah, I mean more the human fighters. So, all the named melee fighters, like Jaime, the Hound, the Mountain, Grey Worm, Jon Snow etc. It should actually come out to at least a couple dozen fighters after 7 seasons, because dead guys, like Oberyn, are also usable.

Night King still lacks feats, so I don't like using him. All he's done so far, physically, is throw a spear. Now, the throw was pretty damn impressive, and indicates significant levels of super strength. But that won't help much if he is slow as shit or a crappy fighter.

The Walkers do have super strength, as shown when one fought Jon. But nowhere near Arthur holding Excalibur so any hits would be easily blocked, if they could even land.

But yeah he slaughters them all.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KingD19
The Walkers do have super strength, as shown when one fought Jon. But nowhere near Arthur holding Excalibur so any hits would be easily blocked, if they could even land.

But yeah he slaughters them all.

Yeah, but that throw is way beyond the strength level even the other White Walkers have shown so far. So, I mean that he looks to be easily the physically strongest individual in the setting (likely barring creatures like giants and dragons though), but that's all we know about him.

Josh_Alexander

You forgot that it would also inclulde Ser Arthur Dayne.

HAHAHA. I would support GoT Arthur. laughing out loud

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
You forgot that it would also inclulde Ser Arthur Dayne.

HAHAHA. I would support GoT Arthur. laughing out loud

No one forgot anything. He is included, being a named GoT melee fighter. I'm just not going to actually list every single named warrior who has appeared across 7 seasons of a TV show.

So, if you were trying to make yourself look silly, congrats. You succeeded.

KingD19
Yeah, but that throw is way beyond the strength level even the other White Walkers have shown so far. So, I mean that he looks to be easily the physically strongest individual in the setting (likely barring creatures like giants and dragons though), but that's all we know about him.

That's true, but by the same token it could simply be a magic of his, as the spear itself was definitely some form of ice magic if it did that much damage to Viseryon.

With the strength we've seen from Arthur though, I still wouldn't even see NK as a threat.

Josh_Alexander
No one forgot anything. He is included, being a named GoT melee fighter. I'm just not going to actually list every single named warrior who has appeared across 7 seasons of a TV show.

So, if you were trying to make yourself look silly, congrats. You succeeded.

Just reminding you, if in case you forgot. (Cause you never listed him).

TheVaultDweller
Just reminding you, if in case you forgot. (Cause you never listed him).

Why would I bother to use the word "every" then? There are a ton of guys to list. Like I mean every named fighter. Even Jon's sidekicks from the Night's Watch.

TheVaultDweller
That's true, but by the same token it could simply be a magic of his, as the spear itself was definitely some form of ice magic if it did that much damage to Viseryon.

With the strength we've seen from Arthur though, I still wouldn't even see NK as a threat.

Well, like I said, that is why I don't want to use him. He is still very much an unknown quantity at this point. He might be an extremely slow brick, or he might end up being stronger, faster and more skilled than any other GoT fighter seen to date.

At this point, the only match you could really put him in is a spear throwing match against Achilles.

KingD19
He didn't forget, Josh. It's just that between Arthur Dayne, and Arthur Pendragon. The King with the magic sword that gives him super strength, super speed, and energy shockwaves wins.

TheVaultDweller
He didn't forget, Josh. It's just that between Arthur Dayne, and Arthur Pendragon. The King with the magic sword that gives him super strength, super speed, and energy shockwaves wins.

Well, of course, Arthur Pendragon vs any single GoT opponent would be some of the worst spite possible. Which is why I made him fight them as a large group instead.

KingD19
Well, of course, Arthur Pendragon vs any single GoT opponent would be some of the worst spite possible. Which is why I made him fight them as a large group instead.

Oh no, I definitely get what you were going for. I was simply informing Josh that of the 2 Arthur's, Dayne isn't worth anything in comparison to Pendragon. And even with all of them, we saw how easily he took out how many soldiers? Several dozen in the span of a minute or two?

KingD19
Actually, even without the magic. Arthur is a better fighter than most of GoT period. The only issues he'd have is with the Clegane's strength, but he's way too fast for them and stronger than most anyone else they've fought at base.

TheVaultDweller
Oh no, I definitely get what you were going for. I was simply informing Josh that of the 2 Arthur's, Dayne isn't worth anything in comparison to Pendragon. And even with all of them, we saw how easily he took out how many soldiers? Several dozen in the span of a minute or two?

Don't think it was quite a minute. Because they kept doing slowmos from his perspective, so less time was actually passing in the story than there was onscreen.

KingD19
Don't think it was quite a minute. Because they kept doing slowmos from his perspective, so less time was actually passing in the story than there was onscreen.

True. Taking everything into account, it was probably closer to 20-30 seconds. And a lot of that time was spent with him walking a few feet to get to someone else to hit.

TheVaultDweller
I am curious though. I wonder what one of these attacks would do to one of Dany's dragons.

https://imgur.com/a/wbPl9

I'm thinking probably more than the ballista did.

KingD19
Seeing how easily it demolished a few tons of reinforced wood and stone walls meant to withstand a siege...at the very least it'd leave a deep, bloody gouge and knock one out of the sky. At the worst it'd do enough damage to kill it, or hurt it enough that the fall/impact killed it.

It would definitely do more damage than Qyburn's Scorpion though.

TheVaultDweller
Seeing how easily it demolished a few tons of reinforced wood and stone walls meant to withstand a siege...at the very least it'd leave a deep, bloody gouge and knock one out of the sky. At the worst it'd do enough damage to kill it, or hurt it enough that the fall/impact killed it.

It would definitely do more damage than Qyburn's Scorpion though.

It does give me an interesting idea for a thread that might be a bit more competitive though. IIRC, they mentioned in S7 that the Army of the Dead is around 100,000 strong at this point. In Legend of the Sword, it is revealed that Vortigern's army, the army Arthur inherited when becoming king, is also about 100,000 strong. And it's an army that has dealt with magic during warfare before as well. So, you can see where I am going with this.

KingD19
Hahahah go for it. Only problem is you'll have people claiming Night King can do anything under the sun.

Dreampanther
I wonder if Arthur with sword at peak would stand a chance against Sing from Kung Fu Hustle, or do you think Sing is too OP?

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I wonder if Arthur with sword at peak would stand a chance against Sing from Kung Fu Hustle, or do you think Sing is too OP?

I think Sing is better suited to fighting other toonforce characters. Like Scott Pilgrim, Zohan etc. Because those guys do things like completely ignore the laws of physics and such when they fight.

KingD19
Yeah. Sing is above Arthur with how goofy he is.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, even Arthur cannot match Sing's insanity. You need other characters with similar toonforce-like abilities. So, like I mentioned, Zohan or Scott Pilgrim, or maybe Kung Fury, or the Mask.

Because you need opponents like that to compete with something like this:

5_Etw_BwRoY

Josh_Alexander

Agree.

But Arthur Dayne is much better with the sword.

So i see him taking this. Although the shock waves would be a problem.

TheVaultDweller
Hahahah go for it. Only problem is you'll have people claiming Night King can do anything under the sun.

Well, I actually meant more Arthur replacing the Night King and his forces. Like I said before, Night King is still too featless. Besides, for all we know, cutting him down might drop the whole army. We already saw a bunch of the dead collapse when the nearest Walker got killed.

TheVaultDweller
Agree.

But Arthur Dayne is much better with the sword.

So i see him taking this. Although the shock waves would be a problem.

Wait... You genuinely believe Arthur Dayne could beat fully-powered Arthur Pendragon, wielding Excalibur, on his own?

Josh_Alexander
Wait... You genuinely believe Arthur Dayne could beat fully-powered Arthur Pendragon, wielding Excalibur, on his own?

No.

But he is better with the sword. A better swordman.

Khazra Reborn

TheVaultDweller
No.

But he is better with the sword. A better swordman.

Before getting into the swordsmanship thing, what is he "taking" then?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.