Catalonia succession from Spain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Anyone else been following this development?

Catalonia wanting to break ties is not unlike New York or London trying to break away, as they're a major economic powerhouse in Spain, and contribute something like 20% to their gdp. Losing them would absolutely wreck Spains economy.

Flyattractor
But Spain is a Fascist Country!? Why would any one want to leave that?!

Robtard
Originally posted by cdtm
Anyone else been following this development?

Catalonia wanting to break ties is not unlike New York or London trying to break away, as they're a major economic powerhouse in Spain, and contribute something like 20% to their gdp. Losing them would absolutely wreck Spains economy. They've suspended declaring independence. Do wonder if this was all a ploy to achieve a goal, pretending to aim for independence, only to settle for something lesser which was original goal all along. Spaniards, I tell ya

Flyattractor
Maybe if Catalonia made infecting people unknowingly with HIV like California did that will help them get succeed'ed.

Stigma
The tension is very real in Spain atm. I wonder how this is going to play out, especially given Spain's economic crisis.

Foxsteak
They should just make Barcelona the capital of Spain and call the country Catalonia.

Stigma
Haha, good idea.

Anyways, Catalonia has a very strong history of striggling for independance. This criris might just propell them to purse it 100%.

BTW In the grand scheme of things, I wonder if this will have any influence on bigger separatist movements other countries like Belgium or Germany.

Foxsteak
I doubt Belgium will split; Bavaria may join Austria or whatever; I honestly don't think either will happen.

They're just stupid memes politicians and comedians are bandwagoning on cos some idiots think Europe is like a United States. It isn't.

Lestov16
Off topic, but Stigma, you know the Einstein quote in your sig is not real, right? Tesla rejected Einstein's views on Relativity. Why would Einstein consider him smarter?

Stigma
Originally posted by Lestov16
Off topic, but Stigma, you know the Einstein quote in your sig is not real, right? Tesla rejected Einstein's views on Relativity. Why would Einstein consider him smarter?
It's an anecdote I've heard and liked.

BTW one can disagree with someone, but recognize their intellectual prowess.

Stigma
Originally posted by Foxsteak
I doubt Belgium will split; Bavaria may join Austria or whatever; I honestly don't think either will happen.

They're just stupid memes politicians and comedians are bandwagoning on cos some idiots think Europe is like a United States. It isn't.
I can only speak for Bavaria as I lived in Munich few years ago. You'd better never tell a Bavarian that he is a German, though. LOL They still have a quite strong sense of separate identity.

I remember at the time they were very upset that Bavaria is "paying for the rest of Germany"- a slogan I've heard repreated quite often. Genug gezahlt, they would say.

And that was before the migrant crisis, which could be argued to hit Bavaria the most out of all German provinces.

Flyattractor
Europe does seem to be moving back to the concept of having City States.

RHaggis
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Europe does seem to be moving back to the concept of having City States.

B-b-b-but muh United States of Europe!

Flyattractor
Whats left of Europe can unite at some point....

Flyattractor
A more detailed view of this event?

66Qu10UKyz8

Scribble
Oh shit, they actually did it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41780116

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh boy...

Tbh, this independence is illegal af and there needs to be a 90% majority (Like 70% of a 40% that even voted agreed to this) to amend Catalonia's constitution so there is no legal ground to support this independence but madlads and all that.

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh boy...

Tbh, this independence is illegal af and there needs to be a 90% majority (Like 70% of a 40% that even voted agreed to this) to amend Catalonia's constitution so there is no legal ground to support this independence but madlads and all that.

Maybe, but how are they gonna stop them?

Civil war? I bet Catalonia can beat them.

ArtificialGlory
One thing is for certain: Spain handled this very poorly indeed.

Foxsteak
Oh boy...

Tbh, this independence is illegal af and there needs to be a 90% majority (Like 70% of a 40% that even voted agreed to this) to amend Catalonia's constitution so there is no legal ground to support this independence but madlads and all that. So using those stats, 12% of the total population voted against independence, deeming it not applicable....... :/

Flyattractor
Oh boy...

NEWS FLASH! RoO supports FASCISM !!!!!!!!

Hmmm that isn't much of a shock at all TBH.

Foxsteak
If Catalonia successfully seceds from Spain, they will be out of the EU.

They could be a very powerful ally with the UK and we could have holidays there without EU bullshit.

Please take Ibiza with you!!!

Flyattractor
Let this happen and be an example that the quest for Freedom is still a possible thing.

Stigma
If Catalonia successfully seceds from Spain, they will be out of the EU.

They could be a very powerful ally with the UK and we could have holidays there without EU bullshit.

Please take Ibiza with you!!!
LOL agreed 100% on Ibiza.

Not sure how this is going to play out, though. It seems like it's a mess when it comes to moves that both Spanish and Catalonian government can make.

Foxsteak
I made a picture for lulz.

Bashar Teg
can't help but suspect putin's dick in all this

Stigma
thumb up

Flyattractor

Shouldn't Poland be in the Light Blue Camp?

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
can't help but suspect putin's dick in all this

Putin is why most of the EU is Deep Blue.

Stigma
Shouldn't Poland be in the Light Blue Camp?
I reckon it should lol

Putin is why most of the EU is Deep Blue.
LOL

Foxsteak
Originally posted by Stigma
I reckon it should lol

LOL Not until you hold a referendum and Poxit.

Stigma
Not until you hold a referendum and Poxit.
Ehh... true.

On the other hand, Brexit just sounds so much better that Poxit./ Polexit...

Ursumeles
Why tf are countries like Poland and Hungary still in the EU anyway?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Why tf are countries like Poland and Hungary still in the EU anyway?

Yeah those 2 countries should know better then to fall under the Iron Curtain Type Regime that the EU represents.

Foxsteak
Originally posted by Stigma
Ehh... true.

On the other hand, Brexit just sounds so much better that Poxit./ Polexit... Polexit ...Pol-exit or Pole-xit?

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Why tf are countries like Poland and Hungary still in the EU anyway? Because Soviet Union went bye bye.

You know, I wish Murka spent more time rebuilding Eastern Europe instead of ****ing with Arabs.

ArtificialGlory

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.