Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY
****in chills

DarthAnt66
I'm not afraid to say I physically cried and had to pause half-way through to regain my composure.

slayne
God damn. That was amazing.

|King Joker|
MARK GON GET THAT OSCAR BABIES

UCanShootMyNova
So you guys know my position on TFA and that I thought it was garbage, etc, etc. This trailer though... This trailer was actually pretty f*cking dope.

Not all of my concerns are alleviated, but I'm going to go into this with expectations. I hope it doesn't punish me for that.

|King Joker|
Luke and Leia better ****ing reunite

LordofBrooklyn
THAT was a trailer!

darthbane77
Amazing

Zenwolf
Very nice.

Darth Abonis
So dope. Best trailer ever!!!!

Greysentinel365
That was good. Damn good.

I love the curve balls it seems to throw. And that Kylo/Leia moment had me teary-eyed

Zenwolf
Also Rey joins the FO? Hmm...either that or it's just a fakeout and something happens.

NewGuy01
^Probably not. Kylo doesn't have the marking over his scar in that shot, so it may be a dream sequence.

As for the quality of the trailer, I think TFA's was better.

Zenwolf
Eh maybe not, also I kinda was expecting Kylo's face to be more mangled since he took a saber to the face.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
^Probably not. Kylo doesn't have the marking over his scar in that shot, so it may be a dream sequence..
I doubt it. The marking is probably just for the early film and is removed later on.

The scenes with him flying will likely be in the first half-hour.

We have official pictures of Kylo behind-the-scenes and filming without the marking.

DarthDuelist9
Wow. Amazing. Kylo's struggle only seems to have become more complicated. His moment with Leia's going to be heavy

quanchi112
And we already see glimpses of the First Order's might which will greatly surpass the pitiful empire as I decreed years ago. Sheevites know their time is up. Snoke is going to overshadow Sheev undeniably. It is inevitable.

Rebel95
Yeah looks fvcking awesome

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rebel95
Yeah looks fvcking awesome Sheevites care. When his top dog status is revoked tears will stream down their faces. I tried to warn them but no one wanted to listen, boy.

Rebel95
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sheevites care. When his top dog status is revoked tears will stream down their faces. I tried to warn them but no one wanted to listen, boy.
I decided to be nice and edit my post but damn you replied quickly lol.
I agree though Snoke>Sheev thumb up

Big Gerald
Snoke = Sheev, dumb dumbs.

DarthAnt66
That might be true as of RotJ, but not necessarily true now.

Big Gerald
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
That might be true as of RotJ, but not necessarily true now.

How would they be the same person in ROTJ but not in TLJ? confused

DarthAnt66
I thought you meant power-wise, rofl.

Rebel95
You think Snoke is Palpatine?

Big Gerald
You think Snoke is Palpatine?

Correct.

DarthAnt66
While I'm 95% sure you're trolling, in the 5% you're not - no, he's not, rofl.

Big Gerald
While I'm 95% sure you're trolling, in the 5% you're not - no, he's not, rofl.

Cite your sources.

Rebel95
It's possible, but I hope they do something different. Personally I like the theory that he's some ancient sith/force user

DarthAnt66
Mark Hamil said Disney is going out of their way to make sure they stay as far away as the EU as possible, rofl.

Having Palpatine come back after RotJ in a new body is the literal embodiment of repeating a story.

I'd bet all the money in the world that it's not Palpatine.

Big Gerald
It's possible, but I hope they do something different.

Sadly, they seem incapable of this if The Force Awakens is any indication sad

quanchi112
Originally posted by Big Gerald
Snoke = Sheev, dumb dumbs. When you're proven wrong I'll be there to rub your nose in it.

Big Gerald
Mark Hamil said Disney is going out of their way to make sure they stay as far away as the EU as possible, rofl.

Having Palpatine come back after RotJ in a new body is the literal embodiment of repeating a story.

I'd bet all the money in the world that it's not Palpatine.

Mark Hamill doesn't know everything about Star Wars.

quanchi112
Mark Hamill doesn't know everything about Star Wars. Projecting, big G.

Big Gerald
When you're proven wrong I'll be there to rub your nose in it.

I'm so scared

quanchi112
I'm so scared I will fulfill my own destiny and smite those who stand in my way. Sheevites are going to burn at the hands of Snoke. That is my destiny here.

DarthDuelist9
Who's Luke talking about seeing with such raw power as Rey? Kylo springs to mind, looking at Snoke's dialogue in the beginning and cutting to Luke's burning temple. Perhaps himself even.

DarthAnt66
Fairly confident it's Kylo.

DarthAnt66
BTW, I have a feeling Snoke's initial dialogue is about Rey, not Kylo

Big Gerald
He's talking about Snoke and referring to Palpatine. "The last time I felt this power I wasn't scared" i.e. standing up to Palpatine. "Now I'm scared" He'd only be afraid of Snoke at this point. How convenient that they're of the same power...

UCanShootMyNova
What the hell are you talking about? He's talking to Rey about the power he just sensed after she made a big ass crack in the cliff. In what ****ing context would he be referring to Snoke?

Look, I don't have a problem with you trolling, but when you're not even going to bother to put effort into just f*ck off little G.

Beniboybling
U mad?

Anyway, good trailer, teaser was better tho.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Beniboybling
U mad?

https://ci.memecdn.com/9180610.jpg

UCanShootMyNova
Also, teaser was trash. Looked fanmade.

Darth Thor
^ Yeah teaser was trash. Didn't get me excited at all.

This on the other hand... WOW

Beniboybling
Lel no taste, figures. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Thor
^ Didn’t you like TFA? LOL

Beniboybling
uhuh

godemperortrump
Looks shit.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Not sure what all the speculation is about:

1. In the beginning, Snoke was talking about Rey.
2. Luke was talking about having seen Kylo's raw strength. It didn't scare him enough, and his temple was torn asunder as a result.

quanchi112
Snoke's voice is legendary. "Fulfill your destiny." He will surpass Palpatine in every conceivable way. House of Sheev will burn.

Beniboybling
laughing out loud

Darth Thor

SunRazer
He's saying he thinks Snoke's way of saying it sounded better.

Darth Thor

Azronger
Watched it. Still wondering what the point of this trilogy is in the overall narrative of the story of Anakin Skywalker.

DarthAnt66
The legacy.

Total Warrior
BTW, I have a feeling Snoke's initial dialogue is about Rey, not Kylo well, if it can be of any indication, in the Italian dubbed version of the trailer, Snoke is clearly talking about a male individual, so he could be referring to Kylo.

Darth Thor

quanchi112
Great trailer which promotes debating and more questions than answers.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Azronger
Watched it. Still wondering what the point of this trilogy is in the overall narrative of the story of Anakin Skywalker. But George Lucas said mad

nfactor1995
Amazing trailer. Am actually super excited for the film and cautiously optimistic it will be awesome.

Fated Xtasy
One thing that pisses me off about this.

Is the fact that the whole "fullfill your destiny" shpiel seems to promote Rey Palaptine and i cant stand for it.

Darth Thor

Total Warrior
Agreed

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
One thing that pisses me off about this.

Is the fact that the whole "fullfill your destiny" shpiel seems to promote Rey Palaptine and i cant stand for it. Meh everyone has a destiny these days.

Raptor22
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
What the hell are you talking about? He's talking to Rey about the power he just sensed after she made a big ass crack in the cliff. In what ****ing context would he be referring to Snoke?

Look, I don't have a problem with you trolling, but when you're not even going to bother to put effort into just f*ck off little G. I think they're 2 different scenes.

When she cracks the floor, it looks like they're on the cliff where it's sunny and very wide open, but when he's talking about the power that scares him, it looks like he's in an enclosed space with rock walls behind/around him and it's quite a bit darker in the room.

Rebel95
What do you guys think of the theory that Rey is the reincarnation of the chosen one

Board Walker
I think Rey is the descendent of Palpatine, and that she is going to go to the dark side. Contrastingly Kylo is of Anakins lineage and is going to return to the light side.

|King Joker|
I think it'll be hard to redeem someone who killed one of the most beloved Star Wars characters of all time. Still, I do think that would be a very interesting direction to go in, tbh.

Raptor22
Originally posted by Board Walker
I think Rey is the descendent of Palpatine, and that she is going to go to the dark side. Contrastingly Kylo is of Anakins lineage and is going to return to the light side. if Rey was a descendant of palpatine, why would Luke/anakins lightsaber "call out" to her in TFA?

UCanShootMyNova
I'm hoping Rey is a descendant of Palpatine tbh.

playa1258
One thing I like is that in the new Disney canon they are upping the power of force users.

I'm another on Rey is the reincarnation of the chosen one bandwagon.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
One thing I like is that in the new Disney canon they are upping the power of force users.

I'm another on Rey is the reincarnation of the chosen one bandwagon. And witness what Snoke does to Rey. And make note of how scared shitless Luke is. I tried telling you but you fanboys are hard to get through to.

Zenwolf

I'm another on Rey is the reincarnation of the chosen one bandwagon.

They are?

playa1258
It seems so.

Zenwolf
It seems so.

How's that?

Galan007
^ They are in the comics at least. /shrug

As for the trailer: it was f*cking awesome. Only thing I'm really not sold on is an angry old master Luke who is unwilling to train Rey out of fear of her potential... But it's looking like that's exactly where things are headed. ermm

Fated Xtasy
Ngl, Kinda loving the idea of a Dark Side Rey. Not Rey Palpatine, but something not as lame lol

Zenwolf
That would be something, if Kylo and Rey both switched to the opposite ends and the last movie has them fighting it out.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Zenwolf
That would be something, if Kylo and Rey both switched to the opposite ends and the last movie has them fighting it out.

I certainly got that vibe from the film tbh. This film cannot come out soon enough.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I certainly got that vibe from the film tbh. This film cannot come out soon enough.

Tbh I'm expecting anything at this point.

Big Gerald
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova

Look, I don't have a problem with you trolling, but when you're not even going to bother to put effort into just f*ck off little G.

Yes, because trailers cutting up dialogue lines and scenes never happens. You have cracked the code and we can all go home.

And as someone else pointed out, they're clearly two different scenes, buddy boy.

Rebel95
I'm guessing Kylo and Rey will team up to kill Snoke in episode IX, although that seems too predictable

Rockydonovang
Am I the one who doesn't like that
A. the trailer seemed to spoil what it's biggest plot twist was going to be

B. Luke's being made out to be a scared weakling

C. They seem to be having Luke fail, again

Big Gerald
^Which spoiler? Rey possibly joining Kylo Ren? We don't know how that scene turned out or what the context is.

Rockydonovang
^Which spoiler? Rey possibly joining Kylo Ren? We don't know how that scene turned out or what the context is.
Yea, but it would be more of a surprise if we hear nothing about it and it happens in the movie then if they just give away that possibility in the trailer.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Zenwolf

That wouldn't be bad... If only, eh?

|King Joker|
https://78.media.tumblr.com/82812afd4846efe007468364be4d963d/tumblr_oxnomhBH0D1w7d305o1_540.gif
https://78.media.tumblr.com/a993aeb56c759f60a8ab549a63f25782/tumblr_oxnomhBH0D1w7d305o3_540.gif
https://78.media.tumblr.com/c9a5b8c60e55f7240fbe5ea6275e10d9/tumblr_oxnomhBH0D1w7d305o2_540.gif

DarthAnt66
Oh shit. Mark's beard looks like it's present day though.

Zenwolf
That isn't even Luke, Ant. Well in the first part of the gif anyway. Unless he changed clothes and grew a beard as he fell.

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLBOn0Whhyc

I was referring to the second gif.

Zenwolf
Specifics man. Though your comment seemed more about the whole than the one. Not a dang mind reader.

Beniboybling

Zenwolf
Is a tad disturbing.

quanchi112

Big Gerald
If you can't handle a darker Star Wars film then don't watch. She needs to fulfill her destiny, sensitive guy.

There is no excuse for glorifying violence against women, cockroach. Apologize to the community and remove your avatar.

quanchi112
There is no excuse for glorifying violence against women, cockroach. Apologize to the community and remove your avatar. Women deserve equal rights and she is weak to Snoke. He's the best. Rey is helpless before the supreme leader, wimp. I will switch the avatar though since you asked nicely.

Big Gerald
Women deserve equal rights and she is weak to Snoke. He's the best. Rey is helpless before the supreme leader, wimp. I will switch the avatar though since you asked nicely.

Snoke looks like a blubbering vagina in that avatar

quanchi112
Snoke looks like a blubbering vagina in that avatar He looks like he's having way with the skank. She's weak to Snoke.

Rebel95
Snoke is one ugly motherfvcker

quanchi112
Snoke is one ugly motherfvcker Snoke envy.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Snoke is one ugly motherfvcker

He will find his fanbase though, people of the same look stick together after all.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
He will find his fanbase though, people of the same look stick together after all. I am the only Snoke fan on this website, loser. Way to stereotype, racist.

MythLord
I'm a Snoke fan. sad

Rebel95
Snoke envy.
Doesn't mean I'm not a fan. His face does look like a scrotum though

Unbowed
He will find his fanbase though, people of the same look stick together after all.
You seem triggered by the fact that Snoke grabbed Rey by the pussy and is making the GFFA great again.

quanchi112
Doesn't mean I'm not a fan. His face does look like a scrotum though Snoke is the Star Wars big bad. Period. Sheev fans should be petrified.

Total Warrior
Snoke is the Star Wars big bad. Period. Sheev fans should be petrified. Sidious has been the main villain for two trilogies, Snoke just for one. How can he be the big bad?

Unbowed
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Sidious has been the main villain for two trilogies, Snoke just for one. How can he be the big bad?
Because he's probably going to be better than Sheev in every way, and the stakes are probably going to be higher than ever before?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Unbowed
You seem triggered by the fact that Snoke grabbed Rey by the pussy and is making the GFFA great again.
No, I expect Mary Sue to get into SS mode and rape Snoke... The writers of SW are really that bad that one can bet on it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Sidious has been the main villain for two trilogies, Snoke just for one. How can he be the big bad? Longevity in no way denotes superiority. We clearly see Snoke already succeed where Palpatine failed. Snoke seduced Ben Solo into killing his father whereas he failed in convincing Anakin to let him kill his son. Let's see how this plays out because I've said from the start Snoke will be the biggest bad of Star Wars. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Unbowed
Because he's probably going to be better than Sheev in every way, and the stakes are probably going to be higher than ever before? thumb up

quanchi112
No, I expect Mary Sue to get into SS mode and rape Snoke... The writers of SW are really that bad that one can bet on it. You are a fool.

Raptor22
If you can't handle a darker Star Wars film then don't watch. She needs to fulfill her destiny, sensitive guy. how is this film darker than the others?

Rebel95
Snoke is the Star Wars big bad. Period. Sheev fans should be petrified.
Sheev's reign is over thumb up

The_Tempest
I wonder if the trailer gives us some sense of chronology: Luke and Rey train, she is discovered by Kylo and the First Order and is abducted or leaves with them voluntarily, and is taken back to Snoke.

Poe and Phasma look like they're battling inside Snoke's flagship - it's supposedly a mobile space foundry - so the Resistance presumably infiltrates to rescue her?

mmm

quanchi112
Originally posted by Raptor22
how is this film darker than the others? They are saying it's going darker than your typical Star Wars film.

Big Gerald
No, I expect Mary Sue to get into SS mode and rape Snoke... The writers of SW are really that bad that one can bet on it.

Considering it's basically confirmed Rey = Anakin reincarnated, that will probably happen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.