California is burning :(

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard

Surtur
An awful situation. RIP to those who have died.

Bashar Teg
is there anything that can be done to prevent such widespread damage?

BackFire
There was another smaller fire in southern california very close to my gf's house. It was looking like she and her family might have to evacuate but it looks like they've got it contained now. Still on Monday when it was blazing out of control you could see a ton of smoke and ash in the air. It smelled awful and there was a coating of ash on all the cars.

Hope they get the one up north under control soon.

socool8520
It hard to stay on top of it when the winds look to be fairly strong over the next few days, and no real chance of rain.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bashar Teg

They're trying, but the wind carrying embers is creating fires quicker than they can put down.

I'm about 40miles South of the fires and the smoke is heavy here and we're getting a light downfall of ash, to put the wind issue/problem in perspective.

Bashar Teg
i'm talking about preventative measures. for example:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/washington/articles/2017-04-03/project-is-cutting-down-trees-to-reduce-forest-fire-risks

Robtard
Probably, but we're really into trees around here, so many wonderful trees. Though these houses burning down are not cottages in the middle of a forest, they're suburbs on the outskirts of a city

The Nuul
similar to rob, my uncle who lives in BC in the middle of a forest and mountains (he's literally in the middle of no where) they are dealing with a lot of forest fires in BC, my uncle gets a lot of heavy smoke and it is the wind that is the problem for him

i feel ya robbie.. sad

meep-meep
Originally posted by Bashar Teg

Prescribed burns are the most common way to prevent wildfires from turning deadly.

Kurk
Stay safe, Robbie.

Robtard
Originally posted by Kurk
Stay safe, Robbie.

Thanks, bud. But I'm safe from the fires. Just the effing smoke is shitty being down wind here.

Surtur
Awful, just awful.

Raisen
i'm going to put this thing out. don't worry rob. i got you bro

Surtur
^^^That's real love right there.

Raisen
Originally posted by Surtur
^^^That's real love right there.

it's cali love bro. born and raised. rob and i are fam

Surtur
Originally posted by Raisen
it's cali love bro. born and raised. rob and i are fam

5wBTdfAkqGU

Raisen
Originally posted by Surtur
5wBTdfAkqGU

lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.