Snoke Vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/article_small/public/thumbnails/image/2016/01/05/10/Snoke-Star-Wars.jpg

VS

https://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Thanos-Throne-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Bright.jpg

Snoke vs Thanos.

Which is the better at looking threatening and evil while sitting there like he is taking a dump in the pot?

Josh_Alexander
Well, if snoke is who i think he is (based on a well founded theory) Snoke would win.

Otherwise Thanos.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
(based on a well founded theory)

Star Wars hasn't had any of that for a very, VERY LONG TIME!

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Star Wars hasn't had any of that for a very, VERY LONG TIME!

Considering we havent seen Thanos nor Snokes power then we cant know their real powers.

Snoke could win if he is who i think he is.

playa1258
Both will be great villains.

Both will lose to Khan according to Quan.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by playa1258

Hahaha.

Poor Quan.

relentless1

oohhhhh no, Snokes d ick is firmly in Quans a ss; check out the Snoke wank in the Star Wars section lol

NemeBro

Both will lose to Khan according to Quan. Quan is a big Khan guy, but his love for Khan is nothing before his love for the fat purple titan.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by NemeBro
Quan is a big Khan guy, but his love for Khan is nothing before his love for the fat purple titan.

Haha.

Or his love for the white orc. laughing out loud

h1a8
Considering we havent seen Thanos nor Snokes power then we cant know their real powers.

Snoke could win if he is who i think he is.

Who do you think he is?

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by h1a8
Who do you think he is?

Spoiler alert!

Well one theory is that he is Sidious (If so, then Thanos wins).

But there are some intriguing theories that Snoke is actually a Darth Lord from the Old Republic.

Biggest bet is that he is Darth Bane.

I would personally aim at Darth Malgus.

Others say it is Darth Revan or Plagueis.

Any of who are WAY STRONGER than Sidious. We are talking about beings which could be even better than even Yoda.

relentless1
Dude your star wars rankings need alot of tweaking... Sidious is the most powerful Stih Lord in history

Flyattractor
What happened to the "Who is Snoke" Conspiracy that Snoek is a WOMAN!?

Trocity
Spoiler alert!

But there are some intriguing theories that Snoke is actually a Darth Lord from the Old Republic.

Any of who are WAY STRONGER than Sidious. We are talking about beings which could be even better than even Yoda.

LMFAO. Bane? Malgus?

Ahahaha bro, learn your Wars. Sidious would literally whoop them both simultaneously, they don't even approach his power/skill. Revan and Plagueis are also inferior, as is Yoda. Do you seriously know anything about SW other than movies/video games?

"WAY STRONGER" lmao, what nonsense.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Trocity
LMFAO. Bane? Malgus?

Ahahaha bro, learn your Wars. Sidious would literally whoop them both simultaneously, they don't even approach his power/skill. Revan and Plagueis are also inferior.

"WAY STRONGER" lmao, what nonsense.

You must be ****ing kidding me right?

Trocity
You are definitely trolling, or just have no knowledge on the subject.

Flyattractor
Looks more like you are both a couple of SW Nerds.

Josh_Alexander
You are definitely trolling, or just have no knowledge on the subject.

Lol. Are you being serious?

Don't get me wrong, Sidious is the best Darth Lord until now, but in terms of power...Naah you are probably just messing around with me.

Trocity
Looks more like you are both a couple of SW Nerds.

I definitely am, unfortunately he has no idea what he's talking about. thumb down

On topic, Thanos is more threatening imo. He doesn't need a giant 30 foot hologram to appear menacing, he just sits there like he runs this shit.

Josh_Alexander
I definitely am, unfortunately he has no idea what he's talking about. thumb down

Bahahaha. Okay SW nerd. Why is Sidious better than them!?

Sidious is probably the smartest Sith ever.

But he didn't even defeat Plagueis in a duel! He killed him in his sleep!!!! LOL. And you even dare to compare Sidious with Bane or Malgus. BAHAHAHA.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by relentless1
Dude your star wars rankings need alot of tweaking... Sidious is the most powerful Stih Lord in history

Not the most powerful. The smartest yes.

Sidious was able to bring doom to the entire Jedi order along with the Republic.

But he did it due to brains, not through raw power.

Trocity
Are you familiar with comic vine? Just go and compare the respect threads, there's a plethora of reasons why Sidious eclipses Bane/Malgus.

Bane couldn't even defeat a strike team that housed the mighty Johun Othone until Zannah stabbed Lsu in the back and distracted the others, and he still got shat on by his own lightning. He then gets creamed by mercenaries in his last book, there's really no comparison to Sidious here. Count Dooku>Darth Bane.

Malgus is probably around Vader level, though slightly inferior in almost every aspect. If you had mentioned Valkorion instead of Malgus, then we could have a discussion, but as it stands, the people you think are "WAY STRONGER" than Sidious are more like "WAY SHITTIER."

Also, love how you say "These people might even be better than Yoda", whom Sidious defeated, lol.

relentless1
Not the most powerful. The smartest yes.

Sidious was able to bring doom to the entire Jedi order along with the Republic.

But he did it due to brains, not through raw power.

according to Lucas himself Sidious is the most powerful of his kind, kinda hard to phuck with the creator on this one bro

Josh_Alexander
Are you familiar with comic vine? Just go and compare the respect threads, there's a plethora of reasons why Sidious eclipses Bane/Malgus.

Bane couldn't even defeat a strike team that housed the mighty Johun Othone until Zannah stabbed Lsu in the back and distracted the others, and he still got shat on by his own lightning. He then gets creamed by mercenaries in his last book, there's really no comparison to Sidious here. Count Dooku>Darth Bane.

Malgus is probably around Vader level, though slightly inferior in almost every aspect. If you had mentioned Valkorion instead of Malgus, then we could have a discussion, but as it stands, the people you think are "WAY STRONGER" than Sidious are more like "WAY SHITTIER."

Also, love how you say "These people might even be better than Yoda", whom Sidious defeated, lol.

according to Lucas himself Sidious is the most powerful of his kind, kinda hard to phuck with the creator on this one bro

Okay. Have this clear, to me Sidious is my favorite Sith ever, and one of my favorite SW characters.

But if we are honest here, Sidious isn't the most powerful Sith. And i know, as Relentless said, many have considered him the most powerful Sith ever, which is true.

When Lucas said Sidious was the most powerful Sith, I believe he was refering to Sidious status and achievements. Sidious more than being powerful himself he was a master genus. He basically invented the whole Clone Wars! Sidious manage to lurk all the Jedi's including Yoda into a trap. He ended up almost extinguishing all the Jedi in the universe.

Finally Sidious became the Emperor we all know. He reached a position in where no one would oppose him (Sure the Rebels were a problem, but Sedious was basically unstoppable). No Sith (Not even Bane) ever reached such a status.

Here however we are talking about Raw Power. And this is where Sidious own character goes against him.

Sidious never achieved power through conventional means. For instance, he never killed his master in a duel. Instead Sidious was so smart he basically killed him in his sleep. Why would Sidious risk himself to fight Plagueis when he can kill him without even putting much effort?

Now, this is good and bad. Because Sidious by killing Plaeguis in his sleep proves how unconventional and smart Sedious is, but in the same way, it proves that Sidious in a way is a coward.

Plaeguis could have defeated Sidious in a fight. But since a real fight among them never happened... However we can still see Sidious reverence and maybe fear towards Plagueis when he talked about him to Anakin.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05dT34hGRdg

We can see that Sidious acknowledges Plagueis powers. But again, he talks about "his servant" as beings smarter than Plaguies the wise. The apprentice learnt everything from Plaguis and then as a snake killed him in his sleep. Sidious sounds like Lucifer to me lol. Sidious never dared go against Plaguis into a combat.

Now, Sidious learnt everything from Plagueis according to him. Even if he did, Plagueis isn't to the level of Malgus or Bane.

Going back again to Sidious. He achieved power through his cunning. Sidious wasn't like the other Sith who openly challanged the Jedi. Sidious infiltered himself on the other had, and manage to defeat the Jedi inside out.

Now Trocity says Sidious is so powerful because he went against three of the best Jedi. Nothing Bane or Malgus wouldn't replicate. Furthermore, Sidious actually lost to Mace Windu. If Anakin would have never appeared on the scene, Windu would have won.

Samething happens with Yoda. If the battle would have taken place in flat grounds Sidious would have lost. Yoda had full control of the fight. But in the end the explosion caused Yoda to fall.

Sidious isn't really the Sith who obtained power by his force. Nor is he the elite fighter.

Bane and Malgus were the best of the best.

You see, you can't really compare Sidious to Malgus or Bane.

While Bane and Malgus focused on becoming more powerful and killing Jedi, Sidious focused on the perfect plan to destroy the Jedi.

I see it like this: Bane and Malgus are like the Bulls while Sidious is the Anaconda.

Sidious is very powerful but not to Malgus or Bane's level.

Robtard
Dude, Sidious continued to grow in power after he murdered Plagueis, that's what Force-users do, they increase in power with practice and discipline.

playa1258
The question is who will Quan overrate more?

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Robtard
Dude, Sidious continued to grow in power after he murdered Plagueis, that's what Force-users do, they increase in power with practice and discipline.

I agree. Sidious likely grew in power after Plaeguis death.
S
Yet i doubt he ever reached Bane or Malgus.

Darth Bane was so powerful in the force that his lightning could crush force fields.

Sidious lightning are powerful but not enough to break Yoda's force field.

Also, as i said before. Sidious most likely focused on developing plans to defeat the Jedi rather than training himself.

Sidious is one of the most powerful Sith ever. But he still falls under Bane or Malgus (In terms of force power).

Robtard
Dude, Sidious continued to grow in power after the events of ep3, that's what Force-users do, they increase in power with practice and discipline.

Josh_Alexander
Dude, Sidious continued to grow in power after the events of ep3, that's what Force-users do, they increase in power with practice and discipline.

No.

Sidious wasn't the type of Sith who was looking to improve his force abilities.

Sidious was the Emperor type of Sith who focused himself on maintaining his dominance.

Sidious isn't an exceptional duelist.

Robtard
No.

Sidious was the Emperor type of Sith who focused himself on maintaining his dominance.

Sidious isn't an exceptional duelist.

laughing out loud

Are you trying to troll?

Josh_Alexander
laughing out loud

Are you trying to troll?

Are you?

Have you watched the movies?

ares834
Sidious is one of the most powerful Sith ever. But he still falls under Bane or Malgus (In terms of force power).

laughing out loud

Rebel95
I hope you're trolling. Sidious is the most powerful sith lord in history, this is basically common knowledge

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Rebel95
I hope you're trolling. Sidious is the most powerful sith lord in history, this is basically common knowledge

IK it's common knowledge.

I disagree with it however. As well as do others.

So just because someone has a different opinion from the horde it's considered trolling or erroneous?

Sidious isn't the type of Sith who obtained power through force. He did it through brains.

Bane and Malgus showed more power on the battle field than any Sidious did in the 6 films of Star Wars!

relentless1
IK it's common knowledge.

I disagree with it however. As well as do others.

So just because someone has a different opinion from the horde it's considered trolling or erroneous?

Sidious isn't the type of Sith who obtained power through force. He did it through brains.

Bane and Malgus showed more power on the battle field than any Sidious did in the 6 films of Star Wars!

so you're saying that if everybody looks up at the sky and agrees its blue but you come along and insist its green that makes it so?? Its hard canon that Sidious is the most powerful Sith in history; he's their greatest swordsman and force user, i don't really have the gumption to provide example after example but check the respect threads on this site or comic vine for further info

Josh_Alexander
so you're saying that if everybody looks up at the sky and agrees its blue but you come along and insist its green that makes it so?? Its hard canon that Sidious is the most powerful Sith in history; he's their greatest swordsman and force user, i don't really have the gumption to provide example after example but check the respect threads on this site or comic vine for further info

If that person is showing more concrete evidence than the horde, does it mean that it should be considered stupid and ignore? Remember in the beginning the earth was considered flat by the horde....

If you want to debate then hear my points and use evidence to rebuke them. Don't come with the cheap argument that "everyone says this, therefore you are wrong".

And i disagree too. I am a fan of Sidious. I know what Sidious did in the 6 movies and in the various shows.

Sidious never equalled what Bane and Malgus did.

Sidious wasn't the Sith who went after the Jedi himself; he played the Clones to do it for him.

Even if Sidious is more powerful than them, the fact is that he never showed such power on screen.

Josh_Alexander
One way or the next it's just a theory.

Snoke could either be a new villain no one knew.

But if the Theories are right and Snoke is actually an old Sith its gonna be amazing.

It also makes perfect sense with why Sidious was so obsessed with the Unknown regions of the Galaxy.

Sidious is powerful. But if the Theories of Snoke being an Old Sith that for some reason was locked in a chamber, then we are talking about a Sith whose powers would easily dwarf Sidious.

But again it's just theories.

Rebel95
Even if Sidious is more powerful than them, the fact is that he never showed such power on screen.
Seriously? What about when he blitzed 3 jedi masters? Or defeated Yoda, arguably the most powerful jedi of all time? Or toyed with Maul and Opress?

Josh_Alexander
Seriously? What about when he blitzed 3 jedi masters? Or defeated Yoda, arguably the most powerful jedi of all time? Or toyed with Maul and Opress?

Okay first of all, he never defeated Yoda.

The same way he never defeated Windu.

Malgus killed several more Jedi than Sidious did (Ofcourse Sidious gave order 66, but it isn't like he killed them himself).

Sidious never went after the Jedi the way Malgus did.

Sidious is powerful. But again, he never showed the amount of powers Malgus, Bane or Plagueis were described to have possessed.

Perhaps Sidious never had the necessity of showing it. Nevertheless, we will never know that.

Rebel95
Okay first of all, he never defeated Yoda.

The same way he never defeated Windu.

Malgus killed several more Jedi than Sidious did (Ofcourse Sidious gave order 66, but it isn't like he killed them himself).

Sidious never went after the Jedi the way Malgus did.

Sidious is powerful. But again, he never showed the amount of powers Malgus, Bane or Plagueis were described to have possessed.

Perhaps Sidious never had the necessity of showing it. Nevertheless, we will never know that.
Yes he did. And you forgot to address the fact that Sidious blitzed three Jedi masters and toyed with Maul and Opress--before killing Opress and taking Maul captive.

What powers have they shown that Sidious isn't capable of?

Rebel95
Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.
--Taken from The New Essential Chronology

Josh_Alexander
Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.
--Taken from The New Essential Chronology

Doesn't mean Sidious won the battle.

Yoda felt from the pod. Besides there were Clones coming to aid Sidious. Yoda didn't had all the time in the world to defeat Sidious.

In flat grounds, with plenty of time. Yoda would have defeated Sidious.

Windu also had Sidious on his back. If it weren't for Anakin, Mace would have probably killed Palpatine.

Sidious isn't the best duelist.

I doubt Sidious could defeat Malgus or Bane or Revan in a fight.

Sidious was born in another era.

Malgus, Bane, and Revan were all fighters. They war against the Jedi openly. Sidious was smarter, and instead of going 1vs1 against the Jedi, he instead made a Master Plan that defeated them all.

That's who Sidious is.

Sidious didn't even defeated Plaeguis in a duel!

Sidious was like a snake. He killed Plaeguis in his sleep- which by the way goes against the Rule of 2, in where the apprentice when ready has to defeat his master in a duel.

I don't doubt Sidious being the best Darth Lord in history until now, but he hasn't showed to be the best duelist.

TheLordofMurder
Palpatine intentionally threw the fight against Mace Windu to get Anakin to turn on the Jedi...

The novel makes this crystal clear...

Robtard
Even saying Yoda would have certainly defeated Sidious, losing to Yoda doesn't mean Sidious didn't become the most powerful Sith at the height of his power.

Josh_Alexander
Even saying Yoda would have certainly defeated Sidious, losing to Yoda doesn't mean Sidious didn't become the most powerful Sith at the height of his power.

Nor does it mean he did.

Sidious never showed the levels of power Malgus, Revan, or Bane did.

Sidious didn't even showed the powers he told Anakin that Plaeguis had.

Why? Because it goes against Sidious own character. Sidious isnt the conventional Sith.

When we see Bane or Malgus or Revan we see Power. We see Masters of the Dark Side. When we see Sidious we see the Dark Side made person.

Sidious is the master of deceive and treachery. He was a master Genus. He achieved what no other Sith had achieved before not because of power but because of intelligence and evil.

I'll put you a hypothetical scenario: '

Sidious vs Bane:

Give both sides 1 year to plan the other's defeat and Sidious would without a doubt DEFEAT Bane.

Put Sidious vs Bane in a 1vs1 duel.

Sidious will likely lose.

Sidious isn't considered the BEST DARTH LORD because of his power but because of his genus. PERIOD. Malgus, Bane, Revan are different types of Sith. They focused on being the best and most powerful Force Users, while Sidious focused on being the most intelligent Sith ever.

Robtard
Correct, losing wouldn't prove that either. Weird. But multiple canon sources state Sidious became the most powerful Sith in history.

BTW, Sidious doesn't have to be the absolute best at everything Sith to be the most powerful overall. eg Like I'm sure Malgus could cook up a much better Mandalorian lentil stew.

Josh_Alexander
Correct, losing wouldn't prove that either. Weird. But multiple canon sources state Sidious became the most powerful Sith in history.

BTW, Sidious doesn't have to be the absolute best at everything Sith to be the most powerful overall. eg Like I'm sure Malgus could cook up a much better Mandalorian lentil stew.

Well, the thing is this. Sidious being the most powerful Sith in history makes him the most powerful Force User Sith in history? Not really.

That's one of the main reasons i go against such a statement. Because Sidious IS the most powerful Sith in History. But not necessarily the most powerful Force Sith. Remember no other Sith had a Death Star to his disposition. Nor had the entire republic to his feet.

See it this way. Sidious was the Emperor. He reached such a power in the Galaxy that he could destroy Worlds with a single command (The Death Star just needed one shot).

No other Sith in history could destroy worlds, nor had the influence Sidious did.

So, Sidious power doesn't resume in Force Power. I believe that when Lucas said Sidious was the most powerful Sith in history he was refering more to his position as the Emperor than his Power with the Force.

Get me?

Analyze it well. Sidious never really showed high levels of power. Not the levels of power Plaeguis claimed to have possessed.

Bane and Malgus were so powerful Jedi's feared him....Sidious on the other hand, isn't that fearsome in combat.

Raven was very powerful in combat too.

Sidious was the Emperor. He wasn't a combatant the way Malgus or Bane was. He only gave orders and created master plans.

Sidious is more similar to Vitiate. Vitiate was also The Emperor back then, but i still see Malgus more fearsome and powerful than Vitiate. Although I believe Vitiate was more powerful, he really never showed it.

Robtard
I see what you're saying, but he's really all encompassing, he is the most powerful Sith in power amassed, power at his disposal and inner-power. He's the Sith that brings all the other Sith to the yard.

Saying "Sidious isn't that fearsome in combat" tells me you're insane. He's a beast in combat when he needs, sure he's cowardly as he fears death like many others who reach his level of power and fear losing it, but when he unleashes himself, he's a monster with the Force and sabre.

Josh_Alexander
I see what you're saying, but he's really all encompassing, he is the most powerful Sith in power amassed, power at his disposal and inner-power. He's the Sith that brings all the other Sith to the yard.

Saying "Sidious isn't that fearsome in combat" tells me you're insane. He's a beast in combat when he needs, sure he's cowardly as he fears death like many others who reach his level of power and fear losing it, but when he unleashes himself, he's a monster with the Force and sabre.

It's like comparing Alexander the Great with Donald Trump. Who was the most powerful? Alexander is the best commander ever, but he never had nukes to his disposition.

Bane, Malgus, Revan never had Death Stars and the entire Republic on their backs. As i said different times. Different Siths. Different Way of thinkings.

If i were a Jedi i would fear going against Bane, Malgus or Revan more than going against Sidious. If i was a world/organization/galaxy i would fear Sidious more than the Malgus, Bane or Revan.

Sidious isn't a combatant. He is an Emperor. He was ment to rule. He was ment to have servants like Vader, Tyranus, Maul, Ventress, and Greivous to do the dirty job for him.

Trocity
Sidious isn't a combatant, lmao good god man, stop while you're behind.

Josh_Alexander
Sidious isn't a combatant, lmao good god man, stop while you're behind.

Lol, is it to you? Go get some knowledge dude.

Impediment
Considering Snoke has zero screen feats, how is this thread active?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Impediment

http://cdn.mysitemyway.com/etc-mysitemyway/icons/legacy-previews/icons-256/blue-jelly-icons-arrows/007410-blue-jelly-icon-arrows-hand-pointer1-down.png

WHO is the better at Looking Threatening and EVIL while sitting there like he is taking a dump in the pot?

Raptor22
Josh sorry man but almost everything you're saying here is wrong.

Outside of Luke and some gods and entities such as the ones of mortis, Abeloth, the bedlam spirits and a few others, sidious is pretty much the top of the food chain in star wars.

He never stopped increasing his power, both politicaly and in the force. He spent his entire life both before and after the movies gathering as much knowledge as he could in every aspect and technique in the force. Mastering almost every aspect from alchemy to sorcery and almost every power there is.

Throughout the comics,, novels video games etc.. He's amassed as many if not more monster feats and accolades than anyone in the mythos.

Though there are dozens of examples of him increasing his force powers well after the movies, I'll just post this one, straight from his mouth, showing both his never ending pursuit of power and the actual power he's achieved.

" in time the channeled anger of the darkside will prove just as destructive as the death star. There will no longer be a need for costly constructions. Already I have perfected force maelstrom, which creates an invulnerable energy sphere to block incoming attacks while bombarding enemies with debris and electrifying them with bolts of lightning.

This technique can be increased into force storm. The churning energy mass of a force storm can consume everything it touches, for at it's eye is pure hate. Just as a black hole devours a stat, this storm can swallow armies and fold space. It may take decades to master this art, but once I have perfected it I will be invincible. " -Darth Sidious, The Book of Sith

And years later in the Dark Empire comics, he had perfected it. He used it for everything from destroying entire fleets orbiting courasant instantly, to being precise enough to be able to teleport luke from the planet surface to his ship in orbit.

Guys like malgus and bane aren't even in his tier.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Raptor22
Josh sorry man but almost everything you're saying here is wrong.

Outside of Luke and some gods and entities such as the ones of mortis, Abeloth, the bedlam spirits and a few others, sidious is pretty much the top of the food chain in star wars.

He never stopped increasing his power, both politicaly and in the force. He spent his entire life both before and after the movies gathering as much knowledge as he could in every aspect and technique in the force. Mastering almost every aspect from alchemy to sorcery and almost every power there is.

Throughout the comics,, novels video games etc.. He's amassed as many if not more monster feats and accolades than anyone in the mythos.

Though there are dozens of examples of him increasing his force powers well after the movies, I'll just post this one, straight from his mouth, showing both his never ending pursuit of power and the actual power he's achieved.

" in time the channeled anger of the darkside will prove just as destructive as the death star. There will no longer be a need for costly constructions. Already I have perfected force maelstrom, which creates an invulnerable energy sphere to block incoming attacks while bombarding enemies with debris and electrifying them with bolts of lightning.

This technique can be increased into force storm. The churning energy mass of a force storm can consume everything it touches, for at it's eye is pure hate. Just as a black hole devours a stat, this storm can swallow armies and fold space. It may take decades to master this art, but once I have perfected it I will be invincible. " -Darth Sidious, The Book of Sith

And years later in the Dark Empire comics, he had perfected it. He used it for everything from destroying entire fleets orbiting courasant instantly, to being precise enough to be able to teleport luke from the planet surface to his ship in orbit.

Guys like malgus and bane aren't even in his tier.

Okay, you claim almost everything is wrong yet what you say doesn't prove me wrong.

I never said Sidious stopped learning from ROTS. I never said Sidious wasn't strong. But Sidious feats falls short to Bane's or Malgus' feats. As simple as that.

By the way, Dark Empire comics aren't considered canon.

First of all, what we saw on screen (Star Wars 1-6) is the canon material. What happens in Dark Empire comics i'd rather ignore. Specially because we never got any reference from such material in Star Wars the Force Awakens.

Many people including me don't take that as Canon material.

Sidious powers seen prior to Return of the Jedi are nothing compared to what Malgus and Bane portrayed.

I don't really answer for Dark Empire.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Impediment

I think you should be answering that. XD

Thanos has zero screen feats too.

Raptor22
Okay, you claim almost everything is wrong yet what you say doesn't prove me wrong.

I never said Sidious stopped learning from ROTS. I never said Sidious wasn't strong. But Sidious feats falls short to Bane's or Malgus' feats. As simple as that.

By the way, Dark Empire comics aren't considered canon.

First of all, what we saw on screen (Star Wars 1-6) is the canon material. What happens in Dark Empire comics i'd rather ignore. Specially because we never got any reference from such material in Star Wars the Force Awakens.

Many people including me don't take that as Canon material.

Sidious powers seen prior to Return of the Jedi are nothing compared to what Malgus and Bane portrayed.

I don't really answer for Dark Empire. I'm confused. Malgus and Revan aren't even canon characters, Plagueis has no canon feats only hearsay from palpatine in EP 3, and Banes only canon appearance was in the last season of tcw cartoon as a force ghost.

If your comparing sidious canon feats to the others, then they have basically nothing.

If u compare their non-canon EU feats to palpatines non canon EU feats, they fall way short.

Only if u compare their non-canon EU feats to his canon movie only feats, could any of them win against him. And even then you would have to disregard all his other actual Disney canon materiel in novels like lords of the sith, the new comics, source books etc...

Raptor22
I never said Sidious stopped learning from ROTS. I never said Sidious wasn't strong. But Sidious feats falls short to Bane's or Malgus' feats. As simple as that. also I never said that u said he stopped learning. What I did do was show that he continued to learn new powers and increase his powers in the force for decades after the movies.

Like Robtard stated earlier-

"Dude, Sidious continued to grow in power after the events of ep3, that's what Force-users do, they increase in power with practice and discipline." - Robtard,

To which u replied -

No.

When in reality, improving his force abilities was a major focus of his, to the extant that it is what he planned on maintaining his dominance thru. Evidence of this, once again from his own words from book of sith

" in time the channeled anger of the darkside will prove just as destructive as the death star. There will no longer be a need for costly constructions. " -Palpatine

Josh_Alexander
also I never said that u said he stopped learning. What I did do was show that he continued to learn new powers and increase his powers in the force for decades after the movies.

Like Robtard stated earlier-

"Dude, Sidious continued to grow in power after the events of ep3, that's what Force-users do, they increase in power with practice and discipline." - Robtard,

To which u replied -

No.

When in reality, improving his force abilities was a major focus of his, to the extant that it is what he planned on maintaining his dominance thru. Evidence of this, once again from his own words from book of sith

" in time the channeled anger of the darkside will prove just as destructive as the death star. There will no longer be a need for costly constructions. " -Palpatine

I never said that Sidious didn't stopped learning. Probably just a misunderstanding.

Sidious never reached such power.

I am just saying Bane, Malgus, Revan...These are Sith who showed more power in their respective timings than what Sidious did.

Josh_Alexander
I'm confused. Malgus and Revan aren't even canon characters, Plagueis has no canon feats only hearsay from palpatine in EP 3, and Banes only canon appearance was in the last season of tcw cartoon as a force ghost.

If your comparing sidious canon feats to the others, then they have basically nothing.

If u compare their non-canon EU feats to palpatines non canon EU feats, they fall way short.

Only if u compare their non-canon EU feats to his canon movie only feats, could any of them win against him. And even then you would have to disregard all his other actual Disney canon materiel in novels like lords of the sith, the new comics, source books etc...

You are right, Disney said they would only take Book and Movie material as canon.

But the thing is that it doesn't mean that Revan or Malgus or Nihilus doesn't exist. Nor that they were deleted.

Disney just deleted all information from them. Probably because they are planing to recreate the history. Maybe even make movies on the Characters.

Josh_Alexander
I'm confused. Malgus and Revan aren't even canon characters, Plagueis has no canon feats only hearsay from palpatine in EP 3, and Banes only canon appearance was in the last season of tcw cartoon as a force ghost.

I decided to bring Revan and Malgus into this thread because of the Theories that have been circulating.

Now it's true that All information on comics and videogames is to be considered NON CANON due to Disney only focusing on the Movies and Books.

But if the Theories are right, Disney could make an exception and use Revan's or Malgus' storyline's and mold it to fit Snoke.

That's why I said,"If my theories are right".

Now, still, Bane and Plaeguis are canon. So still, Sidious isn't necessary the most powerful Sith.

Rebel95
Now, still, Bane and Plaeguis are canon. So still, Sidious isn't necessary the most powerful Sith.
But they have no feats

Sidious is just better: as a lightsaber combatant, force user, and manipulator. He's better in every way.

Trocity
If you think Sidious' feats fall short of people like Bane and Malgus, you clearly don't know any of Sidious' feats outside of the films.

Josh_Alexander
But they have no feats

Sidious is just better: as a lightsaber combatant, force user, and manipulator. He's better in every way.

If you think Sidious' feats fall short of people like Bane and Malgus, you clearly don't know any of Sidious' feats outside of the films.

Any feats outside the Movies/Books are regarded as non canon since Disney took over.

Sidious movie feats fall short in comparison to Bane/Malgus/Revan/Plaeguis.

Rebel95
Any feats outside the Movies/Books are regarded as non canon since Disney took over.

Lmfao Bane/Malgus/Revan/Plagueis don't have any feats in Disney canon dude. All their feats are in the EU, so you have to use Sidious' EU feats (which are vastly superior) when comparing.

Raptor22
Only books printed after Disney aquired the rights to in 2014 are canon. Plagueis and bane novels are explicitly non canon.

Anyway, Azronger from the star wars forum put together an excellent palpatine respect thread a little while ago. For anyone interested I'll post a link.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/star-wars-universe/4015-57038/forums/darth-sidioussheev-palpatine-super-respect-thread-1877280/

Rebel95
And Sidious is better just from movie feats anyways lol

Josh_Alexander
Lmfao Bane/Malgus/Revan/Plagueis don't have any feats in Disney canon dude. All their feats are in the EU, so you have to use Sidious' EU feats (which are vastly superior) when comparing.

Its obvious you havent understood what i was talking about al this long time.

I am comparing EU feats of Plaeguis/Bane/Malgus/Revan with Movie Sidious.

Why? Because there are theories that Disney is planning to use an Old Sith as Snoke. Therefore its possible that Disney makes EU feats of such Sith Canon. Get me?

Plaeguis was referenced in SW3 so he is canon.

Bane was referenced in the CW show so he is also Canon.

So Palpatine still shouldnt be considered the best.

Rebel95
Lol it's not like Snoke would get their EU feats if it turns out he's one of them. Disney is completely scrapping the EU. What you originally said is that Malgus Bane and Plagueis are WAY STRONGER than Sidious. Which they aren't. EU feats or canon feats, Sidious is better.

Trocity

This was your argument the whole time? Comparing their EU feats to what we see Sidious do on-screen? What the actual f**k?

If they did make Snoke any one of those characters (which he isn't, by the way, and the theory that he could be any of those 3 characters is, quite frankly, retarded), why the hell would you think they would just give them all their EU feats in canon as well? Sidious doesn't have all of his EU feats in canon, this is a retarded argument you're making, honestly. Comparing EU to canon is stupid, what a waste of time. Stupid argument, stupid theory.

Josh_Alexander
This was your argument the whole time? Comparing their EU feats to what we see Sidious do on-screen? What the actual f**k?

If they did make Snoke any one of those characters (which he isn't, by the way, and the theory that he could be any of those 3 characters is, quite frankly, retarded), why the hell would you think they would just give them all their EU feats in canon as well? Sidious doesn't have all of his EU feats in canon, this is a retarded argument you're making, honestly. Comparing EU to canon is stupid, what a waste of time. Stupid argument, stupid theory.

Is it my fault you dont read properly?

By the way, Old Republic EU feats became Legends after Disney took over. Doesnt mean Disney cant canon the information later on. So the only one being stupid here is you.

Any feat from Sidious that happens outside the movies or after E6 are NON CANON due to the fact that the movies contradict such information.

For instance, the fact that Dark Empire happens after E6, but E7 contradicted that info means that Dark Empire is DEFINETLY non canon.

So again, limitting Sidious to movie feats only isnt stupid.

Next time read carefully before replying please.

Rebel95
It doesn't matter because it's not canon now, so you can't compare any of it to Sidious. And even if you could, Sidious' canon feats still shit on their EU feats lmao. What have any of them done that compares to fighting equally with Yoda (and debatably beating him), blitzing 3 Jedi masters or beating Maul and Opress?

Trocity
Is it my fault you dont read properly?

By the way, Old Republic EU feats became Legends after Disney took over. Doesnt mean Disney cant canon the information later on. So the only one being stupid here is you.

Any feat from Sidious that happens outside the movies or after E6 are NON CANON due to the fact that the movies contradict such information.

For instance, the fact that Dark Empire happens after E6, but E7 contradicted that info means that Dark Empire is DEFINETLY non canon.

So again, limitting Sidious to movie feats only isnt stupid.

Next time read carefully before replying please.

You didn't make it clear in your first few posts, and the fact that that was your argument anyway doesn't make it any less stupid. Oh, don't worry, I won't be reading your posts from now on, you seem to have the mental capacity of a tree stump thumb up

TheVaultDweller
So, to sum up, the argument in favour of Sidious being superior is various canonical screen feats, statements and other bits of info. The argument for the other guys hedges on a fan theory being correct and assuming Disney will potentially assign currently non-canonical feats to people at some point in the future? Seems legit lol.

Rebel95
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
So, to sum up, the argument in favour of Sidious being superior is various canonical screen feats, statements and other bits of info. The argument for the other guys hedges on a fan theory being correct and assuming Disney will potentially assign currently non-canonical feats to people at some point in the future? Seems legit lol.
Pretty much lol

Josh_Alexander
Spoiler alert!

This is my original post.

Trocity clearly cant read.

Josh_Alexander
You didn't make it clear in your first few posts, and the fact that that was your argument anyway doesn't make it any less stupid. Oh, don't worry, I won't be reading your posts from now on, you seem to have the mental capacity of a tree stump thumb up

I made it damn clear it was a theory.

A theory which implies Snoke being a Sith from Old Republic.

Which means that Disney could canonize Old Republic Information.

I was comparing Canon Sidious with Feats of Old Republic.

I repeat, read properly the next time you reply.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Pretty much lol

Yes. As i made it clear when i commented, one of the Theories aims at one of the Legendary Siths being taken out of legend.

All Old Republic info became Legends. They arent proven nor disproven.

Well on that aspect Sidious still isnt the Best Sith, since there are no Canon Sith feats previous to Darth Sidious.

So a comparisson is impossible in that matter. Not atleast until we get canon material. I hope that is when Snoke's identity is revealed.

Nevan
Isn't Sidious said to be the most powerful Sith Lord of all time on more than one occasion?

Dr Will Hatch
Thanos laughs at Snoke for being a piss poor ripoff of Darth Sidious, and then slowly realizes that he himself is a ripoff of Darkseid.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Nevan
Isn't Sidious said to be the most powerful Sith Lord of all time on more than one occasion?

Yes. But no the most powerful Force user Sith of all time.

Which is different.

Rebel95

Raptor22
Originally posted by Nevan
Isn't Sidious said to be the most powerful Sith Lord of all time on more than one occasion? Yes, a few times.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=640221&pagenumber=1

playa1258
Palpatine is currently baring the Celestials/Ones the strongest force user in the Star Wars canon.

Anakin never reached his potential and the jury is still out on Luke.

So Palpatine is number 1.

Josh_Alexander

Rebel95
Wait what? These quotes apply to legends too you know. They literally say he is the most powerful sith in history, so old republic feats don’t mean shit

relentless1
So you want to cherry pick feats to support your guys against Sidious?? Sorry bro it doesn't work that way. Either Bane/Malgus against Sidious EU feats or nothing and in EU Sidious stomps these two simultaneously.

Trocity
His argument is retarded, leave him alone.

Rebel95
He needs to just take the L

Josh_Alexander
So you want to cherry pick feats to support your guys against Sidious?? Sorry bro it doesn't work that way. Either Bane/Malgus against Sidious EU feats or nothing and in EU Sidious stomps these two simultaneously.

Its what am doing.

Since Old Republic are EU feats. And Snoke is Canon, then if Snoke is an Old Republic Sith then we need to use EU with Canon.

His argument is retarded, leave him alone.

You are too stupid for understanding.

Wait what? These quotes apply to legends too you know. They literally say he is the most powerful sith in history, so old republic feats don’t mean shit

Not really. Since Sidious doesnt have his EU feats in the Canon series.

Rebel95

Trocity
And I'm "too stupid for understanding." I agree, I must be stupid for understanding what this retard is saying.

Josh_Alexander

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.