Spiderman Vs Superman : Stats Equalized

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Fight in Manhatten

Stoic
Spider Man would be a lot like Massacre here, except he would be as fast, durable, and strong as Superman. Tough call.

abhilegend
Superman has beaten characters like these.

Smurph
Spider-Man. Spider sense is pretty big advantage here.

Stoic
I would also assume that his webs would get the upgrade as well? Like I said, tough call.

carver9
Spiderman. Think about his reflexes with this speed and strength upgrade. He would be insane. Then add on the spider sense and webbing as a distraction. He stomps. Freeze breath and heat vision won't even touch him.

ghostman
Originally posted by carver9
Spiderman. Think about his reflexes with this speed and strength upgrade. He would be insane. Then add on the spider sense and webbing as a distraction. He stomps. Freeze breath and heat vision won't even touch him.

stats equalized you ****ing cuck

superman stomps.

see supermans fight with ghost soldier. freeze breath stops him then heat vision ends him

Vanguard
Spider-Man is an inferior fighter in general. He relies heavily on his powers to defeat even street thugs.

Superman wins.

Stoic
Originally posted by ghostman
stats equalized you ****ing cuck

superman stomps.

see supermans fight with ghost soldier. freeze breath stops him then heat vision ends him

With the added durability, I wouldn't be so sure. It's a tough fight no matter how you look at it.

leonidas
so they have equal speed and strength but spidey just has webs, still can't fly and has nothing like the range superman's hv has...? if his webbing was enhanced he might have a chance i guess, but he'd still have to punch superman out and getting close he'd eat hv, even with spidey sense. spidey could dance and avoid for a long time, but eventually clark would take it i think.

cdtm
No dancing a HV wide beam.. sad

leonidas
or a mega dose of freeze breath i guess....

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
or a mega dose of freeze breath i guess....

What if he simply weren't there the moment before Superman ever fired off anything? You also left out the added durability. Let's say that Superman dropped down to Spider Man's level. Then what would you say?

leonidas
i guess it's possible he could just...run away at light speed, but the range would still get him eventually since supes can fly at the same speed.

if they were equalized at spidey level his webbing would be more effective and supes wouldn't be as easily able to evade it if he decided to get in close. but spidey would be a lot less likely to be able to dodge light speed hv, so don't really see it ending any differently. supes can fly and has a huge range advantage and aoe attacks. spidey doesn't, regardless of stats. /shrug

Stoic
You see, before you jump into exotic powers like reality manipulation, time stops, and exotic weaponry like Wonder Woman's lasso, the reason that guys like Batman, Wolverine, Spider Man, and Captain America aren't often amplified to class 100 levels is because most of the other class 100's would never be able to win against them.

Just imagine for a second if Superman were to always be portrayed as the Kryptonian Master of Martial Arts? He'd beat the mess out of his opponents within moments, and no one would ever be able to compete, which in retrospect would cause him to be a very boring character.

Think about the nightmare that Spider Man would become in terms of tracking his movements and then the actual percentage of actually being able to hit him due to his precognitive abilities, and uncanny ability to stick to surfaces, and immediately propel himself once he landed. You then begin to see a fraction of what kind of monster he'd become, then further add to the redundancy by increasing his durability to Superman's level. Not to mention that if his webbing also increased in stats, you would literally have a guy that played chess with nearly any opponent that he'd face.

Mindship
If Batman has anticipated/dodged HV, I would think Spider-Man can certainly do it.

I think it also depends on which way stats are =ized. Bring Supes down to Spidey's level, and I give this to Spider-Man cuz, power-wise this is his "turf." Raise Spider-Man to Superman's level and vice-versa: Superman is most experienced at that power level.

Loser has to take the red out of his costume and find another color.

leonidas
lol you sound like you're trying to convince a superman level spidey would be an awesome character. he WOULD be, no doubt. but he's facing someone his physical equal with abilities that are just better suited to win this type of match. flight alone is a huge thing and we've seen superman's hv do plenty of damage to heralds before. spidey might be able to beat a lot of heralds probably, but i don't think he'd take superman, just because his speed and strength are now equal. /shrug

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
lol you sound like you're trying to convince a superman level spidey would be an awesome character. he WOULD be, no doubt. but he's facing someone his physical equal with abilities that are just better suited to win this type of match. flight alone is a huge thing and we've seen superman's hv do plenty of damage to heralds before. spidey might be able to beat a lot of heralds probably, but i don't think he'd take superman, just because his speed and strength are now equal. /shrug

Superman has also been able to take an HV assault though. How long would you be able to keep him frozen if you were even able to hit him? I don't think that you've taken into account that Spider Man wouldn't be there the moment before Superman struck, or the idea that Spider Man would be able to change direction the moment that he landed.

The window of opportunity to make a solid hit on this version of Spider Man would close extremely fast, and then what about the give and take that always occurs in fights that don't end in one shots. Spider man would also get his chance at hitting Superman. Do you recall the blitz that he got off on Firelord? Think about this fully Leo.

h1a8
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Fight in Manhatten Lets assume that both have Spidey's speed and strength (otherwise, the webbing would be useless for Spidey).

Spidey has the advantage of pre-cog and wide area webbing, but Superman has the advantage of a long range light speed attack and a long range (and wide area) wind attack.

Superman can sweep a beam of hv at Spidey. Since Spidey can't fly then he will get hit while airborne (He wouldn't be able to change his center of gravity much). Superman can also use breath to blow Spidey back (or get him off balance) and then use hv. To compound the issue, If there is a brick wall then Superman can pin Spidey to the wall with breath.

Without these tactics then Spidey wins everytime.

Let's assume that Superman, in character, wouldn't automatically employ these tactics (especially in the beginning). Then Spidey can win with a viscous counter attack. Remember, Spidey is strong enough to hurt Superman well. So his blows will have great effect on Superman.

Anyway, Superman wins 6/10 (due to him probably not employing those long range tactics right away).

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
Lets assume that both have Spidey's speed and strength (otherwise, the webbing would be useless for Spidey).

Spidey has the advantage of pre-cog and wide area webbing, but Superman has the advantage of a long range light speed attack and a long range (and wide area) wind attack.

Superman can sweep a beam of hv at Spidey. Since Spidey can't fly then he will get hit while airborne (He wouldn't be able to change his center of gravity much). Superman can also use breath to blow Spidey back (or get him off balance) and then use hv. To compound the issue, If there is a brick wall then Superman can pin Spidey to the wall with breath.

Without these tactics then Spidey wins everytime.

Let's assume that Superman, in character, wouldn't automatically employ these tactics (especially in the beginning). Then Spidey can win with a viscous counter attack. Remember, Spidey is strong enough to hurt Superman well. So his blows will have great effect on Superman.

Anyway, Superman wins 6/10 (due to him probably not employing those long range tactics right away).

Or, Spider Man isn't easily blown back due to his ability to stick to most surfaces, and his increased durability to take as much as Superman can take. Let us also imagine that since stats are equalized that his webbing also becomes strong enough to hold guys above his weight class like they always have been portrayed to do. We also haven't covered the fact that his ability to perceive threats would also increase accordingly due to his extra speed. If not, he would never be able to react on time and would instead crash into objects instead of being able to dodge them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.