Dave Filoni on the Nightsisters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
How do the magicks of the Nightsisters connect to the Force? Are they tapping into the Force or is it something entirely different?

I think like anything, it has a relation to the Force, but its practice is at least different than a Jedi or a Sith. When I talked to George about it, he said that Nightsisters aren't particularly Force-wielders - they have a natural ability with their environment that is an off-shoot of the Force, but not the Force as the Jedi use it. Mother Talzin can do strange things that the Jedi and Sith don't do, like manifest stuff in solid out of thin air, she can vaporize herself into the air. She's not, per say, dead, as we would think of dead, she is still very much alive. She is a different thing.

The magic element, I thought, helped us with Darth Maul and bringing him back to life. It's kind of an arcane, older - I almost think of it as a cruder version of the Force and interacting with it - but it's not nearly as developed or powerful as like a Jedi. They don't use lightsabers obviously, they don't really push and pull objects necessarily. You would have grand people like Mother Talzin who is able to do things like that, and obviously Old Daca was kind of a reanimator, so they have different, bizarre skill sets.

NewGuy01
Didn't we already find and discuss this forever ago?

DarthAnt66
I felt like posting it again.

Rockydonovang
Hmmm...

Hmmmm...

Zenwolf
Not really seeing it as anything new frankly. But nice nonetheless.

Rockydonovang
so can the nightwitches use the force like they do outside of a favorable homefield?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
so can the nightwitches use the force like they do outside of a favorable homefield?

In Legends they could as the best went off world to be bodyguards, assassins and the like. Not sure about Canon though.

Rockydonovang
well, Ventress is a nightsister and evidently she can.

It's fair to assume they'd be less powerful off nexus though.

Zenwolf
Probably.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.