Movies you liked but can't rewatch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
I was listening to Cinema Snobs reviews yesterday, and he was talking about films he watched and liked but had no plans on seeing again. In your life what are some films you've seen- that you enjoyed at the time but currently you have no plans on watching again? What aspects of the film contribute to your hesitance to replay it, was it overlong, pretentious, or have your tastes changed since you last saw it?

Dreampanther
Once Were Warriors. One of the best movies I've ever seen, but also one of the most brutal with some really hard-to-watch scenes.

riv6672
90% of the movies i watch/like are like that.

Flyattractor
The Star Wars Trilogy fall into this bag for me. I love em but I just can't get thru them any more.

Esau Cairn
I enjoy post apocalyptic films & as good as The Road was, I can never find the mood to watch it again.

Surtur
For some reason I've never been able to get into the mood to watch Requiem for a Dream again. Even though I bought a dvd at a dollar store for $2 that had American Psycho and Requiem for a Dream on it. I bought it thinking I'd be in the mood to watch, but it never happened.

Flyattractor
Can't watch Goonies any more either.

Dr Will Hatch
Something that was technically good and well made but bored me, like An Education.

marwash22
Originally posted by Surtur
For some reason I've never been able to get into the mood to watch Requiem for a Dream again. thumb up

12 Years a Slave
Amistad
Monster

steverules_2
The Lord of the rings films, and I'm talking the un cut versions that have extra scenes, watched them once and they're really good but the normal versions are long enough without any added in scenes

Firefly218
Memento
The Reverent
Gravity
Cast Away

HulkIsHulk
Mad max 3

Surtur
The Usual Suspects is another for me. Great movie, but already knowing who "Keyser Soze" actually is makes it...meh.

In fact for me that is true of most movies with a mystery or a big plot twist. Sixth Sense is another.

Patient_Leech
Book of Eli

Cool movie, but I think the twist ending sort of ruined it for me for repeat viewings.

BackFire
Grave of the Fireflies and Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom are probably the only two. Grave of the FF is just incredibly sad to the point where it kinda puts me in a funk for the rest of the day. Salo is just too unsettling and hopeless to watch more than once for me.

Insane Titan
Any of the NU Trek movies

socool8520
Originally posted by BackFire
Grave of the Fireflies and Salo,Grave of the FF is just incredibly sad to the point where it kinda puts me in a funk for the rest of the day.

I feel you on that one. Me and my wife just sat there in silence for a while after the movie ended.

I really can't watch any drama more than once. Great movies like the Departed lose their effect after you have already seen it once imo.

John Murdoch
Some mentioned already have been The Road, Gravity, and 12 Years a Slave, all of which I agree with wholeheartedly.

I'll add:

- The Passion of The Christ
- American Sniper
- Silence of the Lambs
- JFK
- Schindler's List

I personally would rank Passion of The Christ, Silence of the Lambs, JFK, and Schindler's List well above American Sniper in terms of quality movies, though I still like Sniper.

None of the above really have a replayability factor.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by riv6672
90% of the movies i watch/like are like that. thumb up

Nuke Nixon
Originally posted by Flyattractor
The Star Wars Trilogy fall into this bag for me. I love em but I just can't get thru them any more.

They've aged badly, but I like that they're still there in case I ever want to watch them again.

Kazenji
Disagree with that they've aged badly, Still very watchable imo.

digiosmosis
The boy in striped pajamas
The pianist
Schindlers List

Can't see brutal killings again

SpaceMonkey
Mystic River

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.