Smart off: Superman, Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1b/87/c3/1b87c38aa433c3c28986b840590b5bcc.jpg

Which planet, Krypton or Zenn La, has been shown to be more advanced?

Which character has been shown to be more intelligent?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a1/2b/ca/a12bcac536c6778232539b5a67a14ee8.jpg

Philosophía
Krypton has repelled a 5D imp and their tech/knowledge is ridiculously advanced. Zen-La couldn't even defeat Galactus.

Superman is MUCH smarter.

riv6672
Thank you, Phil! eek!

Surtur
I think Superman is smarter. Wiser? Not necessarily, but on pure intelligence yeah.

Though how in the hell did Krypton repel a 5D imp? When did that happen? Maybe that's the reason Mxy loves messing with Supes.

Superman has invented some crazy shit. Though it is hard to tell if he just used Kryptonian technology at the fortress to create those things, but then you'd think he'd need to be insanely smart to understand it all. Unless he has some assembly line where he pushes a button on a computer in the fortress and it pops out some fancy tech.

Since post crisis Supes created a machine that turned the Phantom Zone into a paradise dimension.(He b*tch slapped WW for daring to try to destroy the machine).

DarkSaint85
Well they have self imposed limits - Mxys name thing is something he puts on.

They probably tricked them or something. Joker's done it,after all.

Surtur
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

You'd think they'd will themselves some intelligence. But the 5D Imp thing was mentioned in a way that made it seem like it was their tech that repelled it.

I knew they were highly advanced, but not "repel cosmic reality warpers" advanced.

abhilegend
It was done in Morrison's action comics and that guy wanks imps to hell.

DarkSaint85
So how was it done?

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

I didnt wanna sound negative towards Phil, as he might have been my only response, but, in regards to Krypton & Zenn La, at least, we have a planet full of smart guys that couldnt stop themselves from blowing up, and another planet full of smart guys who couldnt stop themselves from getting eaten (without SS injecting himself).
So...draw. stick out tongue

darthgoober
Supes and Krypton have a comfortable lead in both. Zenn-La had some good tech but it doesn't have near the showings of Krypton and Surfer himself doesn't really have much of scientific foundation. Surfer might understand some stuff Supes doesn't because of his cosmic awareness but that doesn't really directly translate into intelligence.

riv6672
^^^Pretty sure SS was a scientist, prior to getting Simonized.
I'll check, though.

EDIT
Yeah, he was. Comic Vine paragraph:

Not looking to change your mind, just checking my iwn memory of his origin.

Zack M
Superman.

wuleecat
Originally posted by abhilegend
It was done in Morrison's action comics and that guy wanks imps to hell.

Disturbing image

riv6672
^^^Yeah, Zack needs to change up that sig/avy. stick out tongue

Genii96
Krypton has more scientific feats
And I don't really count CA as normal intelligence, so superman would be smarter than norrin

riv6672
^^^Wasn't even thinking of CA. Yeah, that should put SS well above Superman. Nice catch, Genii96. thumb up

Mindship
Part of Superman's lore is his building stuff (eg, robots), and being very creative with his powers. Surfer, OTOH, has such a vast versatility of powers that, not only does he have no need to build things in the conventional way (he has, on limited occasion, just created stuff out of thin air, using PC*), but CIS/PIS keeps him from using even that vast power versatility (generally speaking) to maximum effect.

Based on these depictions, I give this to Supes.

* I suppose one could argue it takes great intelligence to create complex items or to rearrange trillions of atoms, but then, this degree of smarts would have to be applied to every matter manipulator.

Raisen
Smart can be defined in different ways.

Superman is bland good at everything type character. He's a super tech genius. okay

Surfer is smarter in philosophy and non-linear thinking

Genii96
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Wasn't even thinking of CA. Yeah, that should put SS well above Superman. Nice catch, Genii96. thumb up

Well yea if you include CA,surfer is well ahead,though I assumed that would be sorta 'cheating' here

riv6672
^^^nah, i'll allow it.

WolverineX25
Krypton had superior technology, but Zenn-La was a far more Enlightened World. Each planet had their different strengths. Despite the Silver Surfer's far greater access to the reaches of his Universe, I have to go with Superman.

The Silver Surfer has traveled thousands of worlds, but hasn't learned much from it. His emotional landscape has been tested, and his connectivity to the universe has expanded, but Superman has done more and gained more intelligence with less exposure to his universe.

Superman is more intelligent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.