angel (classic) vs nightwing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
i'm bored and no one makes angel thread. /shrug

deathslash
Nightwing beats him into the ground IMO.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
no one makes angel thread.

You can guess why.

Dick accidentally rips Warren in half.

Worthington in his classic form was not featless of course, even had nice physicals:

http://i.imgur.com/G0JJ7Wk.png

He just doesn't have what it takes to match Dickwing, unless... we're talking about Rebirth only.

Poor DC. They can't do anything without rebooting their universe twice a day.

riv6672
I give it to Nightwing, but just barely, and due to him having a crapload more feats than Warren of course.
Written/portryed correctly/dynamically, Warren could/should be to flying characters what Nightwing is to gymnasts...

https://imghost.io/images/2017/10/20/image.jpg
https://imghost.io/images/2017/10/20/image3c170.jpg
https://imghost.io/images/2017/10/20/image9208c.jpg

...but he's never had a writer/artist team take the kind of interest in him Dixon & McDaniel showed Nightwing back in the day.

Based on his brief appearance in Thunderbolts, i think Busiek & Bagley might have been that team...-sigh-

leonidas
thumb up i still think warren could take a couple here, though i give dick a solid majority.

krisblaze
Angel has quite a few durability showings as well.

Going by Chuck Austen's run he'd ****ing murder Nightwing.

His average is something else though...

leonidas
kinda what i was thinking....

StiltmanFTW
Leo, you seriously need to be more specific about the versions of the characters in the OP.

leonidas
angel. classic. the one with white wings that everybody knows. not very complex. no expression

DarkSaint85
i'm bored and no one makes angel thread. /shrug

That's because he's shit

leonidas
sad i think he'd beat beast. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
angel. classic. the one with white wings that everybody knows. not very complex. no expression

And yet you accept the feats post-Sabretooth shredding when he had the healing blood? Hmmm.

In the other thread, you suddenly want to use classic Archangel w/o it.

Hey, correct me if I'm wrong. Warren had many incarnations. That's why I'm confused here.

leonidas
(a) not sure what i accepted... blue angle above in the scan? i was upping the fact that he could have been better than he's been written, not the version he showed.

(b) the other thread is close to spite if we use the full-on version of arch angel, hence the reasoning for not. in threads, i'll usually say if it's this, than this happens, if it's that, this does because (1) most don't read OP's anyway, (2) usually even if they do, they STILL give opinions about different versions. so, yeah--assume the version that gives the best match up. iow, the one that doesn't make it look like i'm an idiot. thumb up

riv6672
laughing out loudnooice

-Pr-

Blue skin or no?

riv6672
Blue skin had just the wings.
See above.

StiltmanFTW
facepalm

riv6672
Que?

StiltmanFTW
That incarnation was famous for its secondary mutation.

riv6672
Meh, whatever. He was just classic Angel with a cooler look.

DarkSaint85
And extra powers.....

-Pr-
lol, I was just trying to mess with Leo, but that was funny.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
And extra powers.....
As he didnt exhibit any in the story the scans are from (and, going against the T-Bolts alone/Graviton would have been good times to bust some out), i'm gonna go with my previoys statement.

StiltmanFTW
What about enhanced stats that were part of the Horseman powerset? stick out tongue

Technically, he losts just the TO wings...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.