Red Robin vs. Beast (classic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
Inspired by leo's thread.

Go.

riv6672
Might have to give it to Beast. He has a lot of advantages here.

Smurph
A fight that Beast can win!

Dareangel
Beast losses this fight. he is going to jump all over the place since its all he does in a fight and then he is going to get owned.

Flyattractor
What can "Red Robin" do exactly?

deathslash
Originally posted by Flyattractor
What can "Red Robin" do exactly? he's Tim Drake. So he's not the most skilled, but he's certainly better than beast in h2h (since he's fought evenly with Jason Todd and Damian before) and he has most of the gadgets that Batman has.

Flyattractor
This is Hank McCoy The Mutant on the X-Men Roster Right?
Isn't he supposed to be in Spider-Man's strength class?

StiltmanFTW
facepalm

You are retarded.

Flyattractor
Well then Enlighten Me on the stats of Said Character Oh Old and Wise Knower of All Useless Comic Book Trivia Oh Short and Surly ONE!

Zack M
Originally posted by deathslash
he's Tim Drake. So he's not the most skilled, but he's certainly better than beast in h2h (since he's fought evenly with Jason Todd and Damian before) and he has most of the gadgets that Batman has.

He's also waaay more intelligent. He's practically Bruce on crack.

deathslash
Originally posted by Zack M
He's also waaay more intelligent. He's practically Bruce on crack. 1. Him being smarter (especially to the disparity that you're describing) is highly debatable.

2. Crack makes people less intelligent.

Zack M
1. Him being smarter (especially to the disparity that you're describing) is highly debatable.

2. Crack makes people less intelligent.

Debatable to whom? Beast or Batman? Give examples.

riv6672
Hilarious.

Zack M
Hilarious!

Smurph
He's also waaay more intelligent. He's practically Bruce on crack. Lol, what recent feat are you wanking?

Zack M
Originally posted by Smurph
Lol, what recent feat are you wanking?

Not feat but feat(s). Tynion has made Tim more uber than even Batman. In fact, that is the reason Bruce invited him to the current Batfamily, because Tim has a special mind and building capabilities that even Batman can't do. Bruce has admitted this in the beginning of Tynion's Detective run.

In the last issue, future Tim also said he was smarter than all of the Batfamily. He focused more on his intelligence, because he knows he will never be as good of a fighter as the rest.

Hacking Kryptonian tech (Even surprising Mr. Oz (Jor-El) on the fly TWICE is probably better than anything Bruce as ever done, not to mention building the Belfry.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Belfry

Smurph
Ok.

So what makes him smarter than Beast?

Zack M
By having better feats? Tech wise, I think Tim has it.

krisblaze
Where's the tech in this thread?

Zack M
Originally posted by krisblaze
Where's the tech in this thread?

Standard equipment. Tim carries a lot of cool gadgets.

krisblaze
Yeah but what does that have to do with who's better with tech?

Neither is going to start working on new tech.

Zack M
Yeah but what does that have to do with who's better with tech?

Neither is going to start working on new tech.

I just mentioned that Tim was smarter in the tech area, compared to Bruce or Beast. Anyway, if Tim brings the right tools for the job, he can win. He loses on the physical end.

Dareangel
i love how people bringing beast being smart. it didnt stop him from getting his ass handed to him by dumber opponents who just beat him up. all beast does in a fight is jump around and wait for the x men to do the fighting. like seriously and literally, watch the fights where beast is "taking part", he is just jumping around the place and letting everybody fight. and if he is trying to attack someone he is one shotted in 1 panel. sometimes they give him only half panel

krisblaze
Originally posted by Dareangel
i love how people bringing beast being smart. it didnt stop him from getting his ass handed to him by dumber opponents who just beat him up. all beast does in a fight is jump around and wait for the x men to do the fighting. like seriously and literally, watch the fights where beast is "taking part", he is just jumping around the place and letting everybody fight. and if he is trying to attack someone he is one shotted in 1 panel. sometimes they give him only half panel

He beat like 3 shiar guardians senseless

riv6672
But those guardians, they werent good with tech. laughing

tkitna
Originally posted by riv6672
But those guardians, they werent good with tech. laughing

laughing out loud

-Pr-
Beast could easily be argued to be smarter and even better with tech, but Tim is better with gadgets and such.

On paper, Beast should win, but Tim is such a ****ing raging Gary Stu that I'm sure the writer would have him win somehow, especially with gadgets.

Zack M
Yeah, his (Future Tim) suit has answers to all the major rogues gallery in the league. He had a gun that one-shotted Doomsday, for crying out loud.

He'll be prominent in the next Detective arc.

riv6672
This thread should be Bumped in the future, then, so Tim can win the fight.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Beast could easily be argued to be smarter and even better with tech, but Tim is better with gadgets and such.

On paper, Beast should win, but Tim is such a ****ing raging Gary Stu that I'm sure the writer would have him win somehow, especially with gadgets.
I thought the term was Marty Sue?

DarkSaint85
Does current Red Robin even have that many feats?

-Pr-
This thread should be Bumped in the future, then, so Tim can win the fight.

I thought the term was Marty Sue?

I've heard Marty Stu also. There seems to be a few terms that match it.

riv6672
Cool! I've only ever heard Mary/Marty. thumb up

deathslash
Originally posted by Dareangel
i love how people bringing beast being smart. it didnt stop him from getting his ass handed to him by dumber opponents who just beat him up. all beast does in a fight is jump around and wait for the x men to do the fighting. like seriously and literally, watch the fights where beast is "taking part", he is just jumping around the place and letting everybody fight. and if he is trying to attack someone he is one shotted in 1 panel. sometimes they give him only half panel he's gone flipped the Juggernaut over, knocked the blob back, and even knocked the hulk off his feet......

Zack M
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Yes.

riv6672
Apparently we're using feats that havent happened yet. Fuuuture Robin. whistle

Zack M
Excluding future Tim, Drake still has a bunch of feats to go on.

riv6672
Sure thing Marty.

Still going with Beast, despite the...compelling temporal argument.

Zack M
I'd go with Tim. smile

Dareangel
He beat like 3 shiar guardians senseless

is that really a feat? secondly, out of how many fights he was suppose to take part in and was just jumping around the place letting the x men fight

riv6672
You have a real problem with bouncing.

StiltmanFTW

Dareangel
You have a real problem with bouncing.

lgSH3LPfo6g

riv6672

Dareangel
he's gone flipped the Juggernaut over, knocked the blob back, and even knocked the hulk off his feet......

he did it to a non fighting juggernaut. and juggernaut weight around 400 pounds so congrats beast can flip 400 pounds? other 2 feats are beast showing some portion of strength which i never said he doesnt have. however, my statement still stands. usually and complete majority of the fight its bouncin for him. when he does fight its usually 1 shot and not in his favor. of course there are some nice scenes of him like his fight vs spiral... but you know... it aint the overall case

riv6672
You're always fun to read...thumb up

Zack M
Dang, Future Tim is a beast! stick out tongue Owning Jason, Dick, and Damian. Not to mention taking over Brother Eye from Bruce by using his suit.

https://i.imgur.com/YDxjEXQ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mY6YmcX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CmadpXv.jpg

riv6672
^^^Cant wait for a thread with him!
Beast won't stand a chance....because he'll be bouncing! eek!

DarkSaint85
Yes.

What has he done?

Pre-52, at least, he defeated Lady Shiva etc...

Zack M
What has he done?

Pre-52, at least, he defeated Lady Shiva etc...

He also defeated Ras Al Ghul through prep. Ras commented that he's one of the best tactician he's ever seen.

But are you referring to dcnu Tim when he first start wearing that awful costume with the metal wings?

DarkSaint85
No, pre 52 beat Shiva down with a stick.

DCnU hasn't had many feats imo. But I don't keep up with him.

Zack M
No, pre 52 beat Shiva down with a stick.

DCnU hasn't had many feats imo. But I don't keep up with him.

Here is a respect thread just for new 52 Tim.

https://m.vk.com/topic-109666849_35492591

DarkSaint85
Looks Commie thumb down

Zack M
Btw, that red robin is the same as current anyway.

riv6672
Or he will be...in the fuuuuuture! laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.