Who was the first ONE?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Omega

Nickydirtrider
Well morpheus also said that "the one" had the powers to move in and out of the matrix as he chose. Remember that, so if this is true then he wouldnt need someone to unplug him.
Maybe neo will be able to do that in the next one.

The Omega

Ushgarak
He needn't have been freed from the Matrix- it is possible to free yourself.

How he got out the pod and all is far more complex but whilst much can be speculated it does not really matter.

The Omega
If we see how weak Neo was when he was freed, how should the first One have been any stronger in the real world? A pod is a pod, and powers in the Matrix is not powers in the real world.

Ushgarak
I know. Hence my second sentence.

Xeeva
Well I think that the whole story of the 1st ONE would be better than the current story.

His challenges would be huge, imagine waking up for the 1st time in the real world, you escape your pod somehow, then what?

You need to eat, find shelter and then start looking for technology to hack into the matrix.

What if the ONE's digital life was that of a cleaner, then he would not possess any skills to setup advance machinery, he would have no knowledge of the real world past.

More than likely he would awake in this new real world, take one look around him and culr up into a ball and cry! think about it, you have spent all of your life as a cleaner, but with a strong feeling that the world is not right, one day you make a choice. You dont want to be in this world anymore, you want to leave. BANG flash of light, realisation that you can leave, and then you wake up in this pod. Now what?

It is very very doubtfull that this happened this way, but that is what we are lead to beleive from the 1st film.

Personally I believe that the 1st ONE was unplugged by the machines, he was taught and trained in the workings of the real world. Then the machines helped him build a City (ZION 1) from there they helped him hack into the matrix therfore freeing the problematic 1% of the Matix population.

Rosewood
I believe Morpheus says in M1 there was a man born inside the Matrix who could change the Matrix at will. Remake it as he saw fit. "It was he who freed the 1st of us"or something. This must have been Neo version 1. As far the first to escape... Perhaps this indivdual was pluged into the Matrix not as an energy source, but contected more like they do when they hack into the Matrix, Not designed to be permanantly pluged into the system, so that escape would be possible. Maybe even planned. Perhaps this person was kind of like a human consultant to the machienes and not treated like the rest of the crop. Just theorizing, but the first Matrix was 100% created by AI (The Architect) and it failed. The Machienes realized human input was needed to make the Matrix less perfect so that humans would accept the program. This "person born inside the Matrix" was given power over the Matrix in order to make it more human. He represents this human anomaly, the very thing the macheines cant figure out. Eventually, this 1st "one" must have escaped the machienes found a way to begin freeing people. Unfortuntely, the Architect probably planned it this way from the begining. Control by having this "One" removing people from the Matrix that would not accept the program. This way the "One serves as a human shephard, removing the undesirables from the system. Each reincarnation of the "One" has power but does not know it, only through the journey it is revealed to him. This power was originally given to him to make the Matrix work, this is why Neo can seem to do anything because he is supposed to. But as the One grows too powerful and Zion gets more populated, the System puts the smackdown on both, before they become to much to handle. Control is mainatained. The machienes send the sentinel posse down to Zion. Neo is directed back to the source by the Oracle, the Architect regains control over him by allowing some humankind to continue versus its complete annihlation. Those 24 people selected by Neo then would restart hacking the Matrix to free more minds with the fictious prophecy to keep them looking for the next "One". The Architect builds up this false hope with the prophecy then strips each Neo of his power by destroying this hope. I believe the Architect plans to keep disarming Neos at the end of every cycle in order to keep balance in the system. He keep contol over the uncontollable (Neo) that way. He knows it has to be an imperfect system in order to keep humankind in the loop. But he has devised a way to keep an impefect system by periodically resetting that system. In Reloaded I think what we are supposed to get that this 6th version of Neo is different. The power of Love or whatever. The Architect may not be prepared to deal with this Neo. Plus the Agent Smith thing is new to further confuse things. I tend to think the Smith thing is more of a subplot, but I could be wrong.

Ushgarak
No no, Morpheus would have been talking of the FIFTH One, of course. The one who founded the current Zion.

alaba
seraph could have been the first one...

maul's woman
The first One was never named, or called by name. Rosewood said it correctly. Morpheus never said his name but he was born within the Matrix itself. He never left the pod but moved freely within the system. The first Anomaly. The A.I. was fascinated and it didn't try to kill him. The First One stimulated the awareness of others within the Matrix and the A.I. allowed that too. Maybe this was something that the A.I. wanted and nurtured. It would not be major damage of any kind, but it also allowed the "phages" (agents) to seek him out most likely because the First One was "different" from all the other cells. That is what "phages" do in the body. They were doing their "job" as programmed.

When the First One died, he started the cycle of "The One" that the A.I. allowed to continue for its own purpose. How is that so? It is so because afterwards was when the Oracle appeared to the "free" humans. The "radicalized" humans. The A.I. spoke to them through the Oracle, saying that it will allow the appearance of future "chosen ones" as the return of THE ONE. He will return to them. It made up its own revelation and apocalyse to the humans for its own purpose. Neo is the latest manifestation of this anomaly and a more advanced version. big grin

Myndon
No one knew about the First One
All they knew about was teh one before Neo and everyone didn't know they were in the 6th Version of the Matrix, not even agent Smith cause when he had Morpheus in M1 he talked about teh first version made to be perfect and then the current one where people kill each other

Kes
Well I think technecly the Matrix doesn't really chage, they just restart it. Like the 1st one was a perfect world and the second was the world like we see now.

azmeister3000
I Believe that the prophecy is still true.

The first 'one' was not a actually a 'one' whereas NEO IS THE REAL ONE.
The prophecy is true Morpheus was right Neo was a failure big grin

UUoodseifer
Missing the point men, still seems to be the method of control. Im not going to write paragraphs of indecisive theories, simply because, I know it wouldn't be right.

The Architect, what's stopping him being another method of control, anyone seen Vanilla Sky??? The Technical Support guy????

I still think maybe the architect could be another method of control, there to ensure Neo, he is NOT "the one".

As for the man born inside the matrix, are we talking about a program here???

The whole Agent Smith story, is very incisive, I think there is more to this "sub-Plot" than what meets the eye, and I assure you this, he is a twist in the tale.

As for the end, well that just a untied shoelace that is, There did not seem to be as much emphasis on the transitional shifting between, the matrix and the truth life, maybe this is because they didn't need to 'cause they passed that notion in the first.

You can grasp at straws, just depends on how many you grip.

well erm, I'll just shut up now.

One other thing that still, freaks me out, Neo can see the encryption of the matrix??? Hmmm somethings going on there, that smells a bit like a nice red herring.

Regards

Kes
That started in the first one. cool It looks coll lol

The Omega

Stovenutts
remember when agent smith is talking to morpheous in the first movie he says the first matrix was a perfect world and "people" didnt take the system. maybe somehow there was more than one person that had the strenght and powers of neo...but probably not

Ushgarak
The fact the Merovingian survives the new phase of the Matrix suggests that the change is not as drastic as may be thought.

However, he dpoes not date from the 15th century. The Matrix is, presumably, perpetually in the late 20th/early 21st century.

The Omega

The_Architect
You have all been talking about a man born inside The Matrix, and this reminded me of what my friend pointed out in reloaded. When Neo puts his hand inside trinity we saw a fetus inside her, could this be the real 'One'? Also Seraph moves freely inside The Matrix, could this mean he is actually one of Neo's predeccors?
I know this may seem far out but could Merovingian be the first one, that went bad, or a one of the first agents?
I was also wondering if any one thort the twins have a connection to your original question about the one? I ask this because they seem very powefull and some people think that Neo, who is becoming more like Smith, will be able to replicate himself eventually.

The_Architect

Crash_Overload
ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

She is not PEGANANT!!! And if she is, it is UTERLLAY IMPOSIBLE to see a fetus! I realy would of wished NOT to say this HERE but if this is to much, then let the admin take it off. (just leave the above)

It takes a couple of hours for the sprem to reach the egg. Then the egg moves down to the uterus. The egg is smaller then a head of a pin niddle. ALSO before the fetus (which is 2 - 3 weeks AND is still way to small to see) you have to get the basic cells, then the start to divide and multiply. The cells ARE WAYYYYY TO SMALL TO SEE!!! Asuming that about 2 days have past, the cells would JUST START TO FORM!!!

As for Mero being the 1st One, no. He would of had to get out of the Matrix, yet he is just a program. EVEN IF PERSEPHONE SAID THAT HE WAS JUST LIKE NEO!!! What she means by that is "ruthless", and In love. She Envys Trinity.

The Twins have almost nothing to do with anything. They are ex-programers. And as the Orcale said, some can appear as ghosts. Like the Twins When the are "Ghosting" and can pass through "solid" matter. (and heal themselves)

(((-_-))) "We are getting angered."
(((-_-))) "Yes we are."

The_Architect
Don't mess yourself! I have an A-level in Biology and am currently at oxford university so i know what is going on inside someone when they at fertilization. Plus who the hell said they only had sex that one time in reloaded, seeings as they are in love im guessing they do it all the time! I'm probably completely wrong with that theory, but cummon people have an open mind. oh and by the way get a life, you currently seem to look into these matters way to much. It's not real! It's just a movie, and let me have my own opinion loser!

Thank-you

The_Architect

Kes
Even if sje is pregnant the baby would not be plug to the Matrix. Meaning he wont have the holes messed

The Omega

AsthmaticZero
You want to know what I think? I think that when the machines 'wrote' the Matrix, the developed certain programs to do specific things. I am writing this mainly because of the people saying that characters such as the Merovingian might be 'the first One'. The Matrix was written as a program to simulate life. But, in order to keep control over that life, the machines had to develop core programs, who appear as 'characters' of sorts to the people in the Matrix to ensure nobody is let in on there true purposes. Therefore, when the Matrix was 'reloaded', if you will, each time the cycle was complete, the machines would use the same 'template' of programs in each version. Since they are PART of the machine world, they are not 'rebooted' each time. Here are some examples:

THE ORACLE: She SAYS that she is a program. She was written to study the human psyche. She can predict the future because she has been there each time, and seen it happen already. She is a program to help the machines guide the One back to the Source.

THE MEROVINGIAN: A program written to keep the 'Exile' programs under control. He is a 'trafficker of information', as he says. He processes the information of 'exiled' programs. He is not a 'former One'. He was written by the machines as PART of the Matrix.

AGENTS: The Agents were also written into the Matrix by the machines. They are there as a level of control over the people in the Matrix. They possess superhuman abilities SO THEY CAN CONTROL EVERYONE.

All of these 'Matrix characters' would remain after a reboot in the system. They are part of the program itself. They were written into it. The reason the Agent Smith is different is because he was destroyed (by Neo), something the machines had never intended. THat is why he is now 'free'. None of these characters are people inside pods. They are PART of the program. Therefore, they could not be former 'Ones'. The One was not written as part of the program. He was created because the Matrix is not perfect. He is an ANOMALY.

Also, if you don't mind me continuing, this is what I believe about The Architect and the Source:

The Architect: Another program. He is not the actual 'creator' of the Matrix. He is a program written by the machines to lead the One to the Source. He may have all of the information, but that is simply because the machines have written him that way.

The Source: Think of the 'source' like the hard drive of your PC. When you access the hard drive from you desktop (or anywhere else, for that matter), you are not ACTUALLY accessing you hard drive. You are accessing information stored on your hard drive. You need to physically open your computer up to access the Hard Drive. In the same way, the place Neo visited was not the ACTUAL source (machine mainframe) because it is INSIDE the Matrix. In order to reach the ACTUAL 'source', Neo would have to go to where the Machine's housed their system in the real world. The source inside the Matrix can be manipulated by the machines. In fact, the 'source' that Neo visits may not even be related to the 'source' of the Mtarix at all. For all we know, the 'source' that Neo visited was the machines Trash Can. A place that they can delete him when he gets there. You know how you 'move' programs on your PC to the trash? That could be similar to the way teh machines 'move' Neo (via the Oracle and the Architect) in an effort to delete him for good.

Just some of my thoughts. Any ideas?

Korri
this is waaaaaaay 2 confusing confused

The Omega

AsthmaticZero
The Omega> That makes sense. About the 'trash can' thing, I was just letting ideas run free in my head. I think if that 'theory' were true, it would be stupid. I just like to think of things that I haven't read somewhere else already. I guarantee that the Wachowski Bros. have got something to throw at us that we have not predicted yet. The thing about copying the 'digital self' sounds like a cool theory. I would be interested to hear more of your (and other people's) theories. I'm living off of this stuff until Nov. 5th. Hah.

The Omega

AliasNeo15
NO NO, everything in "The Matrix" happened the exact same for the 5 "Ones" before the first. The only difference between all of them is the choice of the doors.

neo_dragon
ok, obviously some of you do not pay attention to minutia. morpheus said that the previous one awoke the first of them (this currrent version of zion. the architect told neo more or less that there have been 6 matrices (including the present one) and also six zions with all the previous ones having been destroyed. so, therefore the one to whom morpheus referred had to be the fifth since neo so succintly put it no one told him or no one knew.

Kes
Neo dragon whats your point?

Jupiter1
My brother had an interesting theory. The virus that *is* Agent Smith is quite the anamoly. It could be possible that the Matrix is glitching more than the Architect knows, because honestly, do you really think it is within his own plans to wake up one morning and look out the window and see the world he created is populated entirely by an exiled Agent? It's hard to place where Smith fits into this whole thing. IF Smith really exercises the powers of mulitplication and takes over every human in the Matrix, imagine the power he would have.

Also, did anyone notice that at the end of "Reloaded," not only did Neo have special abilities in the real world (i.e. stopping Sentinals), he also was *smarter.* When they saw the Sentinals coming on the computer, Neo immediately told them that it was a bomb. Everyone kinda looked at him like "Really?" Then they ran. Think about it...Morpheus and Trinity and Co. have been unplugged from the Matrix exponentially longer than Neo and thus have had a far greater exposure to Sentinals, yet Neo identified something they had never seen before in an instant.

Jupiter1
Neo dragon, as the Architect explained it, there have only been 3 Matrixes. I've heard some other talk about 6 seperate Matrixes for each One, but that's just not necessary. That is assuming that all 5 of the other Ones did not choose the right door leading to the source. If the former 5 indeed chose the left door like Neo, remember what the Architect said would happen? "The end of your species," thus preventing any future Matrixes.

Unless of course the Architect was bluffing. It is possible that somewhere deep down, Neo is calling his bluff. I dunno.

Kes
Smith was killed by Neo and when is program was supposed to be eliminated he chose not to. Others have done the same (the rogue programs). I think the bombs the sentinels have are a new item, meaning Morpheous and the others wouldn't know what it was.

Ushgarak
Jupiter, as the Architect explained it, this is the sixth version of the Matrix- that is actually what he said. It might only be the third philosophy of how the Matrix should work but it is still the sixth version.

Kes
I think the architect created the perfect Matrix that failed, then created another matrix more similar to our history, then upgraded it with choice that the 'mother' discovered (so only 2matrix have existed). The reloads are just that, reloads like restarting your computer. you dont change whats in it, it just restarts.

Jupiter1
I think you're right, Kes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.