I think I figured out who Rey is

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Hear me out, this may be an existing theory already but this just dawned on me. Remember when Sidious was telling Anakin about Darth Plagueis, and that he could influence the midichlorians to create life? What if Sidious found out how to do this on his own in order to replace Vader as an apprentice and that's how he created Rey? Similar to how Anakin was born. Then Luke found Rey after the fall of the empire and was so afraid of her power that he hid her away on Jakku. That's why Luke is afraid to train her. What do you guys think?

cs_zoltan
I think she's a c-unt.

Zenwolf

Rebel95
Fvck I didn't think about that... it would make so much sense though other than that. Maybe she was part of an experiment that went on after Palpatine's death. Didn't he have labs somewhere?

Rebel95
It would also explain why Snoke tells her to "fulfill your destiny". Now that I think about it, maybe Snoke figured out how to do the same thing and he created Rey. That could be a possiblity

DarthAnt66
I doubt midichlorian manipulation will be referenced in the ST.

Rebel95

DarthAnt66
I doubt it.

Unbowed
It doesn't make much sense because then there would have been no need for Palpatine to risk everything for Luke. He would have safely disposed of him, and Vader too for that matter, and just started training Rey from infancy like he did with Maul.

Darth Thor

DarthAnt66
I'm betting on the daughter of one of Luke's fallen Jedi.

Rockydonovang
that would be stupid, not that I'd put it past Disney to do.

FreshestSlice
Anything besides Luke's daughter is stupid. Avatar Rey would be the most stupid, of course, but there's a lot of competition in that department, and Disney seems intent on trying them all.

Rebel95

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I doubt it.

FreshestSlice
Rey being Anakin 2.0 is cool, but her being the continuation of the Skywalker family through less retarded means isn't? Makes sense, Rebel.

Fated Xtasy
Hopefully she's a sort of blank template meant for Palpatine to transfer into, but Luke somehow stops it/discovers it during his Jedi Temple phase

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Hopefully she's a sort of blank template meant for Palpatine to transfer into, but look somebow stops it/discovers it.
mmm

Rebel95
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Rey being Anakin 2.0 is cool, but her being the continuation of the Skywalker family through less retarded means isn't? Makes sense, Rebel.
We already have Kylo as the continuation of the Skywalker line, having Rey be the daughter of Luke is extremely cliche and predictable. I don't see how that is appealing at all. And the way Anakin was conceived is retarded? Ok dude

Rebel95
Hopefully she's a sort of blank template meant for Palpatine to transfer into, but Luke somehow stops it/discovers it during his Jedi Temple phase
Do you think she was created for that?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Rebel95
Do you think she was created for that?

Well when I first viewed the trailer, i got. A vary ominous vibe from it. Which its intention right, but symbolism does mean...something.

From what i gathered, Rey seems to be tied to the Dark Side of the force, assuming its her Snoke is reffering to when he says "fulfill your destiny." Usually, what first comes to mind when he says that is "Skywalker/Solo." but the idea is so blatantly shoved in our faces that I doubt its that simple. So after watching it several times, snokes comments, Luke's very visible fear, Kylo's fear, and Rey's colossal strength. The only other person that came to mind, was Palpatine. What if Palpatine created a clone of him, that could host his colossal strength? What if in order to avoid being hunted down by NR he created a child he could transfer himself into? A blank template?

She wouldn't be neccesarily his daughter, but rather a host meant to harness the greatest dark side force user?

Idk, there are obvs holes in my theory. But i feel that they're going to surprise us with some crazy shit.

DarthAnt66
Xtasy, there is a 0% chance she is related to Palpatine, a clone Palpatine, essence transfer, etc.

People don't realize the sequel trilogy has to function as an independent trilogy.

It can't be dependent on plot-lines or characters from the previous trilogies.

Not to mention Mark Hamill was explicit Disney is going out of their way to copy the EU.

Fated Xtasy
Xtasy, there is a 0% chance she is related to Palpatine, a clone Palpatine, essence transfer, etc.

People don't realize the sequel trilogy has to function as an independent trilogy.

It can't be dependent on plot-lines or characters from the previous trilogies.

Which is cool, but...TFA's entire concept and plotline is similar to ANH so lol. I get what you're saying, though.

DarthAnt66
TFA's parallels with ANH is completely irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make. Unlike the prequel trilogy, in which it was made to be continued with the original trilogy, the sequel trilogy is stated to be created with the intent of being able to function as its own storyline without need of the other trilogies. Core plot ideas like Rey's parentage can't be traced back to concepts like Palpatine, midichlorian manipulation, the Chosen One prophecy, etc. for that to work efficiently. Rey's parentage has to make sense within the context of simply watching Episodes 7 to 9, in which Palpatine playing a bigger role than simply mentioning him as the now-decreased Emperor of the fallen Galactic Empire - the inspiration for the First Order - is far too much. The same can even be said for those theorizing that Obi-Wan is Rey's parents. Uh, Obi-Wan who?

Rebel95
Well when I first viewed the trailer, i got. A vary ominous vibe from it. Which its intention right, but symbolism does mean...something.

From what i gathered, Rey seems to be tied to the Dark Side of the force, assuming its her Snoke is reffering to when he says "fulfill your destiny." Usually, what first comes to mind when he says that is "Skywalker/Solo." but the idea is so blatantly shoved in our faces that I doubt its that simple. So after watching it several times, snokes comments, Luke's very visible fear, Kylo's fear, and Rey's colossal strength. The only other person that came to mind, was Palpatine. What if Palpatine created a clone of him, that could host his colossal strength? What if in order to avoid being hunted down by NR he created a child he could transfer himself into? A blank template?

She wouldn't be neccesarily his daughter, but rather a host meant to harness the greatest dark side force user?

Idk, there are obvs holes in my theory. But i feel that they're going to surprise us with some crazy shit.
Yeah I got the same vibe from the trailer. Snoke telling her to fulfill her destiny makes me think she has ties to the dark side

DarthAnt66
Yeah I got the same vibe from the trailer. Snoke telling her to fulfill her destiny makes me think she has ties to the dark side
Snoke was saying that to Kylo, as per the Taiwanese subtitles. Snoke might want Kylo to strike Rey down.

Rebel95
Snoke was saying that to Kylo, as per the Taiwanese subtitles. Snoke might want Kylo to strike Rey down.
Interesting

DarthAnt66
Interesting
That's not to say the Taiwanese subtitles are absolutely correct, but at the moment it seems more evidence supports Kylo being the one talked to there.

That being said, the subtitles also identify the person Snoke is talking to at the start of the trailer as Rey.

And when Luke says, "this is not going to go the way you think," it's referring to a male character - presumably either Kylo or Snoke.

Fated Xtasy
That's not to say the Taiwanese subtitles are absolutely correct, but at the moment it seems more evidence supports Kylo being the one talked to there.

That being said, the subtitles also identify the person Snoke is talking to at the start of the trailer as Rey.

And when Luke says, "this is not going to go the way you think," it's referring to a male character - presumably either Kylo or Snoke.

I need this movie to come the **** out so we can stop guessing tbfh

Rebel95
Right? I'm so excited

FreshestSlice
We already have Kylo as the continuation of the Skywalker line,

Having a literal Nazi as the continuation of a family line is the definition of asinine. Especially when his name is not even Skywalker.

Having Jedi at all is also cliche and predictable. Neither of these things within themselves make a story any more good or bad. Presentation does. Being the super uniquest to be the bestest is something that needs to die. Though I have to say, I love how you think something you're literally predicting isn't predictable.

It was extremely retarded, but it also already happened. I moved on. I don't fancy the idea of the Force doing this again, especially not after so small a time frame.

Rockydonovang
Having a literal Nazi as the continuation of a family line is the definition of asinine. Especially when his name is not even Skywalker.

Yea, what was the point of Anakin redeeming himself exactly?

Darth Thor

Darth Thor

Rebel95

Having Jedi at all is also cliche and predictable. Neither of these things within themselves make a story any more good or bad. Presentation does. Being the super uniquest to be the bestest is something that needs to die. Though I have to say, I love how you think something you're literally predicting isn't predictable.

It was extremely retarded, but it also already happened. I moved on. I don't fancy the idea of the Force doing this again, especially not after so small a time frame.
How so? He still has Skywalker blood, who cares if he has the name or not. There doesn't always have to be a "Skywalker" for the movies to be good.

I'm glad you love that so much but I don't think I ever said that it wasn't predictable, it's just far less predictable than her being Luke's daughter which is what everyone seems to think.

Fair enough. That's your opinion and I respect it but I thought it was interesting. Just because you don't agree with someone else's opinion doesn't make it retarded

Rebel95

FreshestSlice
How so? He still has Skywalker blood, who cares if he has the name or not. There doesn't always have to be a "Skywalker" for the movies to be good.

One, because he's not a Skywalker. You have the blood of thousands of families in you. You aren't a part of those families. Regardless, the saga movies are about Anakin Skywalker and the "next generation of Skywalkers" emphasis plural. Said by Lucasfilms themselves. Even if they include Kylo, there needs to be another, and that one needs to give the Skywalker name to the next generation after.

Ranges of predictability was not something you brought up, but regardless, predictability has nothing to do with quality. Logically, most things should be predictable. That means it makes sense. Everything doesn't need to be unique or a big, shocking reveal.

No, it being retarded made it retarded. The more of something there is, the less value it acquires. This is what happens when you give more and more supply to something without creating demand, and the demand for Jesus parallels isn't going up any time soon. It cheapens Anakin's character by making everything he was and did go away in 30 years just to be done all over again. This is the problem with ST as a whole. I don't know when the idea that less is more went out the window, but it was a sad day.

Rockydonovang

No, it being retarded made it retarded. The more of something there is, the less value it acquires. This is what happens when you give more and more supply to something without creating demand, and the demand for Jesus parallels isn't going up any time soon. It cheapens Anakin's character by making everything he was and did go away in 30 years just to be done all over again. This is the problem with ST as a whole. I don't know when the idea that less is more went out the window, but it was a sad day.
On the money thumb up

Rebel95
One, because he's not a Skywalker. You have the blood of thousands of families in you. You aren't a part of those families. Regardless, the saga movies are about Anakin Skywalker and the "next generation of Skywalkers" emphasis plural. Said by Lucasfilms themselves. Even if they include Kylo, there needs to be another, and that one needs to give the Skywalker name to the next generation after.

Ranges of predictability was not something you brought up, but regardless, predictability has nothing to do with quality. Logically, most things should be predictable. That means it makes sense. Everything doesn't need to be unique or a big, shocking reveal.

Ok, then if there literally NEEDS to be another "Skywalker" Rey's parentage should already be common knowledge and the reveal would be pointless.

You're right, everything doesn't have to be a big shocking reveal, but it's rumored there is going to be a big reveal in this movie, yeah it could be about something totally different but it could possibly be about Rey's parentage.

Lol okay buddy. That's your opinion. But I can see how doing it again would cheapen Anakin's character.

Rebel95

FreshestSlice
Ok, then if there literally NEEDS to be another "Skywalker" Rey's parentage should already be common knowledge and the reveal would be pointless.

That does not make any sense whatsoever. No amount of leaps and bounds would ever get anyone from point A, to somehow divining point B.

Rey being a random is not a big reveal. If anything, it's the most likely scenario at this point when considering the timelines. Regardless, that has nothing to do with the point, and the only ones hyping up a big reveal is fansites like this one.

Take a basic class in economics, or just use common sense, and you'd realize how it cheapens Anakin's character.

Anakin being basically a demi god = 1.
1/1=1.
Rey being basically a demi god = 1.

1+1=2.

1/2 = .5, where 1 is the value of something and 2 is the amount of that something.

The more something is done, the less of an impact it has. The first lightbulb was hot shit when it was invented. It's now in every home in the western world, and no one breaks down into tears when they can see at night because lightbulbs no longer have value. This is not that hard of a concept to grasp.

And no, Rey being another member of an important family does not lessen what Luke or Anakin did on their own, just as long as she becomes her own person and accomplishes different goals that do not amount to her doing the exact same thing they did. Not that it matters because I explicitly said that this was a problem with the sequel trilogy as a whole.

Btw, might want to stop the rambling. It's as if you responded just to say you responded, and in that case, feel free to have the last word. It's really not that important.

Rebel95
That does not make any sense whatsoever. No amount of leaps and bounds would ever get anyone from point A, to somehow divining point B.

Rey being a random is not a big reveal. If anything, it's the most likely scenario at this point when considering the timelines. Regardless, that has nothing to do with the point, and the only ones hyping up a big reveal is fansites like this one.

Take a basic class in economics, or just use common sense, and you'd realize how it cheapens Anakin's character.

Anakin being basically a demi god = 1.
1/1=1.
Rey being basically a demi god = 1.

1+1=2.

1/2 = .5, where 1 is the value of something and 2 is the amount of that something.

The more something is done, the less of an impact it has. The first lightbulb was hot shit when it was invented. It's now in every home in the western world, and no one breaks down into tears when they can see at night because lightbulbs no longer have value. This is not that hard of a concept to grasp.

And no, Rey being another member of an important family does not lessen what Luke or Anakin did on their own, just as long as she becomes her own person and accomplishes different goals that do not amount to her doing the exact same thing they did. Not that it matters because I explicitly said that this was a problem with the sequel trilogy as a whole.

Btw, might want to stop the rambling. It's as if you responded just to say you responded, and in that case, feel free to have the last word. It's really not that important.
What are you talking about?

I'm pretty sure someone from Disney said the reveal in this movie would surpass the reveal in episode V. (Which I highly doubt, but it shows that there is going to be a pretty big reveal this movie)

Dude, I was agreeing with you. I said I can see how that cheapens Anakin's character. Maybe if you weren't so intent on being an ******* you would realize that lol

Darth Thor

Darth Thor

FreshestSlice
Bruh, I'd matri-marry if I got to name my children Skywalker, legitimately.

Some names have more prestige, and it's worth taking them over your own. Happens all the time in our world, might as well happen in Star Wars. Has happened in Star Wars.

Rebel95

Sinious
kys dude

DarthAnt66
What are you talking about?

I'm pretty sure someone from Disney said the reveal in this movie would surpass the reveal in episode V. (Which I highly doubt, but it shows that there is going to be a pretty big reveal this movie)

Dude, I was agreeing with you. I said I can see how that cheapens Anakin's character. Maybe if you weren't so intent on being an ******* you would realize that lol
Nope. Johnson said the reveal isn't as big.

Rebel95
Nope. Johnson said the reveal isn't as big.
Yeah, but I thought there was someone else who said it was (not that I agree). I could be wrong though

Zenwolf
Was from a Japan promo poster that was translated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.