Egyptian police slaughtered in staged attack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Not much info on this apparently dozens of police were lured to the desert, and killed by gunfire be rockets in a trap. This is the first time I've ever heard of an attack like this, no group has taken responsibility

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/10/21/559238155/dozens-of-egyptian-police-killed-in-desert-shootout?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2048

carthage
Originally posted by carthage
Not much info on this apparently dozens of police were lured to the desert, and killed by gunfire be rockets in a trap. This is the first time I've ever heard of an attack like this, no group has taken responsibility

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/10/21/559238155/dozens-of-egyptian-police-killed-in-desert-shootout?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2048

Surtur
This is just awful, it seems this was a planned ambush. Also this:

"One such militant group is affiliated with ISIS and has killed hundreds of Egyptian security forces in recent years, says Reuters. "

God damn. RIP to those police.

Flyattractor
Egypt has been practically in a civil for for a few decades now.
What with the Muslim Bro Hood, and the Military Coups and stuff.

socool8520
All of this shit because of some cultural beliefs. Ridiculous

Flyattractor
Welcome to Human Nature 101.

socool8520
I'm perfectly fine with different cultural values and such up until the point you are willing to kill others over them.

Steve Zodiac
I lived on Rd 9 in Maadi during the last revolution and when Ansir Bait were trying to blow up expats. I got caught in the Sound bomb blast by the McDonanlds near Sakkanat station. It was pretty hectic. The Israli Embassy was in the Road behind and had a tank there often, the Police station on the Corniche was always getting shot up and they fired RPG's at the dish near Maadi Grand Mall a few times. The worst though was when all the convicts got out during the revolution. The company I worked for at the time shipped us down to Hurghada and we had two weeks vacation at that point till things settled. All sorts of shit was always going down. Love Egypt hate the state of it now.

Surtur
Originally posted by socool8520
I'm perfectly fine with different cultural values and such up until the point you are willing to kill others over them.

And yet we do have some people who believe no culture is better or worse than the other. The fact is nope, that's hilariously wrong. Our culture is vastly superior.

socool8520
Originally posted by Surtur
And yet we do have some people who believe no culture is better or worse than the other. The fact is nope, that's hilariously wrong. Our culture is vastly superior.

I don't think that any one culture is wholly superior to another, but I do take issue with someone willing to kill others if they don't go along with said culture.

Surtur
I don't think that any one culture is wholly superior to another, but I do take issue with someone willing to kill others if they don't go along with said culture.

Come on now. The culture is just awful lol. At least compared to ours. I think we do a disservice to all the people who suffer in that other culture when we pretend we're no better. We are, we need to be willing to say that if we want to stop it.

I don't mean to say it's 100% bad, it's not. But damn, I'm just reminded of the story of someone in our military being punished for beating down a general(in Afganistan or Iraq or one of those places) because the guy literally kept a kid chained to bed and raped him for 2 weeks. Then laughed about it when confronted. The excuse was "it's their culture". Then we had a girl there who was raped, her options were go to jail or marry her rapist.

socool8520
They did come up with a lot of advances in science and math iirc, but yes, their views on the treatment of women and such could really use a revamp

Raisen
They did come up with a lot of advances in science and math iirc, but yes, their views on the treatment of women and such could really use a revamp

They actually know how to handle women properly.

socool8520
^ I would disagree.

Flyattractor
Their women don't. or Can't.....

socool8520
^ I would think Can't would be most accurate. I'd play along too if the alternative is being murdered.

Surtur

Plus look at the figure they revere. Muhammad. He was a horrible person.

Raisen
^ I would disagree.

you have a right to your opinion

and I have a right to be right

socool8520
^ Lol

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Raisen

Not according to the Left.

Raisen
^ Lol

what's up bro. you're in the chair force or what

socool8520
Indeed. Get high enough ASVAB scores and you don't have to rough it with the dummies. lol

Surtur

https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1200/1*hgQBKxzSumZWILk8EQQdsA.png

Raisen
Indeed. Get high enough ASVAB scores and you don't have to rough it with the dummies. lol

I got a 91 back in 2004. I was chair force. 3p051. went to kunsan, korea but never Japan.

Raisen
Originally posted by Surtur
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1200/1*hgQBKxzSumZWILk8EQQdsA.png

you got that right

socool8520
I got a 91 back in 2004. I was chair force. 3p051. went to kunsan, korea but never Japan.

SecFo huh? I'm sorry. 2004? That's when I joined. Started as a 25x1L. (Crew Chief). Cross trained into Weather 6 years in though. manual labor is not my bag. Japan is pretty sweet. I enjoyed Germany as well.

Raisen
SecFo huh? I'm sorry. 2004? That's when I joined. Started as a 25x1L. (Crew Chief). Cross trained into Weather 6 years in though. manual labor is not my bag. Japan is pretty sweet. I enjoyed Germany as well.

I went through rammstein a few times.

I hated sec forces but I was in a rush to get out of my hell hole house. so it was either services or security forces.

sec forces was full of big bellied dudes who were gear queers and wanted to be spec ops or something.

socool8520
I went through rammstein a few times.

I hated sec forces but I was in a rush to get out of my hell hole house. so it was either services or security forces.

sec forces was full of big bellied dudes who were gear queers and wanted to be spec ops or something.

I was stationed at kapaun which is about 10 mins from Ramstein. Not a bad little hub.

I hear you. I needed to get in quick which is why I chose open mechanical (horrible decision) over a 6 month hold for medical. Services is just mind numbing.

Maintenance is filled with a bunch of alcoholics lol. And weather always has that SOWT weather guy that thinks he's a badass. Little does he know they other Special Forces guys/gals make fun of them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.