Brienne of Tarth vs Gregor Clegane the Mountain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Brienne gets her armor she used against Loras. Clegane gets the armor he wore against Oberyn. Fight takes place in the Dragonpit. Starting distance 5m. Who wins?

FrothByte
I think she loses. This is a case of rock, paper, scissors for me. Oberyn gave Gregor a fight because he was fast and agile. Brienne is not fast and agile, she's a tank. She's faster than Gregor, might even be faster than the Hound, but she's not as strong. Problem is, she's not so fast that she can duck and dodge like Oberyn did.

Which means she will take on Gregor head on and she just doesn't have the strength for that tactic to work. Her swordwork is pretty decent, but she doesn't exactly win her bouts through pure skill, so I don't see her being so much more skilled than Gregor either.

quanchi112
Brienne wins.

Rebel95
Originally posted by quanchi112
Brienne wins.
How so?

Trocity
The Mountain.

Darkstorm Zero
When the only one who bothers to explain their position is Froth, I am worried people are getting complacent that one or two word responses are acceptable.

So once again.

http://i.imgur.com/7xhrYMT.gif

Ursumeles
I mean, Gregor displayed impressive strenght, but Brienne should be able to compete. Other than that, Gregor is just about featless, except for losing to Oberyn (though tbf, he did tagged Martell, which is impressive), while Brienne slaughtered two guys from the Rainbowguard, and fought the Hound, who probably was sick.
Brienne, I guess.

Edit: I think Gregor killed Beric, though.

KingD19
Gregor went almost blow for blow with a completely healthy Hound. He still would've lost imo as Sandor is the perfect mix of speed/strength/skill while Gregor is just big and strong. But Brienne had issues beating Sandor while he was sick. Mountain cuts her in half when she tries to block.

Ursumeles
^ Completely forgot that. Thanks for the reminder.

Stigma
Gregor > Sandor > Brienne

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Stigma
Gregor > Sandor Why?

Utrigita
Cregor wins. While he might not have the same finesse as Brienne does (I think in terms of purely skill with a sword she is slightly better), he more then compensate for it with brute strength. He will simply hammer her defenses to bits and cut her down in the proces.

Ursumeles

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rebel95
How so? Technically sound and able to best Sandor when she gave him multiple chances to walk away. She didn't just eat Sandor she beat the shut out of him hand to hand. Gregor isn't the most recent hi ally sound and she's strong enough to best him with a sword.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by FrothByte
I think she loses. This is a case of rock, paper, scissors for me. Oberyn gave Gregor a fight because he was fast and agile. Brienne is not fast and agile, she's a tank. She's faster than Gregor, might even be faster than the Hound, but she's not as strong. Problem is, she's not so fast that she can duck and dodge like Oberyn did.

Which means she will take on Gregor head on and she just doesn't have the strength for that tactic to work. Her swordwork is pretty decent, but she doesn't exactly win her bouts through pure skill, so I don't see her being so much more skilled than Gregor either.

A very well structured point.

I rule in favour. The Mountain's Strength gives him the edge.

Rebel95

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.