Rebuttal to common Muslim arguments: The perfect preservation of the Quran

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

YousufKhan1212

YousufKhan1212
Forgot to continue this.

Anyway, the question is, if Uthman's Muslim followers didn't even agree on what was the correct version of the Quran to the extent that they all needed to have their copies of the Quran burnt, shouldn't we already be suspicious about how well the Quran was preserved? If an event like this happens during the reign of Uthman which is from 644-656 AD, roughly 2 decades after the death of Muhammad, what does this tell us about how competent the early Muslim community were at stopping the Quran from being changed?

Additionally, when Ibn Umar heard Muslims say that they learned the entire Quran, he corrected them by stating they should say that they've learned what's left of the Quran because so much of it was lost:

Abu Musa (one of Muhammad's companions), reinforced this by saying Muslims forgot 2 entire surahs (chapters) because of laziness:

Not only do Muslim Sources say that 2 entire chapters of the Quran are lost, but individual verses are also lost in very interesting ways:

So according to Aisha (One of Muhammad's too many wives, and his favourite), there's individual verses of the Quran that are lost forever because the only records of them that existed were eaten by a sheep (wtf).

I think our Muslim friends need to reconsider their claims about how the Quran has been preserved because there's too much evidence against it when we read what Islam's most trusted collections of Sources.

I'll continue this after.

S_W_LeGenD
FYI: http://islamicresponse.blogspot.com/2008/07/missing-quran-verses-on-stoning-and.html

YousufKhan1212
One of the Muslim Sources I used are explained by LeGenD's link, but I can't edit my post to remove Sunan ibn Majah 1944. This debate between Shabir Ally and Jay Smith gives a great insight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWHV9VnOJtc

LeGenD, you should get out of this sick excuse of a Religion since you're allegedly a Muslim. You can't rely Muslim apologists like Yahya Snow, Bassam Zawadi, Osama Abdallah, Shabir Ally to try to make sense out of the crap that comes from Islam. If you keep believing in this ideology even though it's repeatedly been exposed, you're fooling yourself.

YousufKhan1212
Actually, this video gives a much better explanation than the debate between Jay and Shabir:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-MN4AeST0Q

Rockydonovang
religion is indeed stupid. Well spotted.

rudester
I dont know no anything about den kayron...

YousufKhan1212
Originally posted by Rockydonovang

Islam is a special kind of stupid.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212

LeGenD, you should get out of this sick excuse of a Religion since you're allegedly a Muslim. You can't rely Muslim apologists like Yahya Snow, Bassam Zawadi, Osama Abdallah, Shabir Ally to try to make sense out of the crap that comes from Islam. If you keep believing in this ideology even though it's repeatedly been exposed, you're fooling yourself.
You know what's really stupid? Making sh!t that isn't your business, your business.

MythLord
Christ, I hate it when people shift from one extreme to another.

Emperordmb
You know what's really stupid? Making sh!t that isn't your business, your business.
So it's okay when you say it but not when he says it?

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Emperordmb
So it's okay when you say it but not when he says it?
Hey DMB, let's see if you can spot the difference between

A. trying to tell someone what to do:

B. Stating a personal opinion regarding something someone else may have a different opinion on:

Here's another opinion: The critiques of atheists by religious people usually boil down to false equivalencies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.