Yoda vs. Sidious (Sabers Only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
ROTS. Sabers only. Canon. Who wins?

godemperortrump
Yoda

Greysentinel365
Sidious

Kurk
Yoda has 700 more years of experience in saber combat.

godemperortrump
I still hate how they're so good with a lightsaber, it ruins their characte and makes no sense.

Kurk
Originally posted by godemperortrump
I still hate how they're so good with a lightsaber, it ruins their characte and makes no sense. Go back and cry your daddy HelloGreedo

relentless1
Sidious. Yodas disarming win relied heavily on surroundings; had they been in an environment where Sidious had room to maneuver the outcome would've been very different.

relentless1
I still hate how they're so good with a lightsaber, it ruins their characte and makes no sense.

how does it make no sense? they are absolute masters of their orders; you don't get to that level without learning and mastering everything that goes with that; including lightsaber combat

ares834

Agreed. It really ruins their mystique.

godemperortrump
Originally posted by Kurk
Go back and cry your daddy HelloGreedo
Who is that

NewGuy01
A youtuber. One of those OT purist Star Wars fan types, if I remember correctly.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Greysentinel365
Sidious
thumb up

Azronger
Originally posted by Greysentinel365
Sidious

ChocolateMuesli
yoda disarmed him in the script tho

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by ChocolateMuesli
yoda disarmed him in the script tho
Because:

ChocolateMuesli
how did the surroundings help yoda

NewGuy01
Because of his size, his mobility would have been less restricted than Palpatine's on the small platform. If I recall correctly, it's even mentioned in the script that Palpatine dropped his lightsaber because he nearly fell off the edge.

ChocolateMuesli
hmm ok

ChocolateMuesli
gillard full of bs tho idk why anyone is listening to this guy

godemperortrump
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Because of his size, his mobility would have been less restricted than Palpatine's on the small platform. If I recall correctly, it's even mentioned in the script that Palpatine dropped his lightsaber because he nearly fell off the edge.
Lmao. That should just show incompetent Palpatine is...

Darth Thor

DarthAnt66
Probably because that pod let up to an open environment filled with objects Sidious could use to his advantage, not because he wanted to be in a tight space with Yoda.

Sidious took a risk.

Darth Thor

DarthAnt66
They could have been equal on neutral ground but Sidious wanted to tip the favor to his side by bringing the Force into play by bringing them up to the Senate chamber.

(I disagree with the idea Sidious is a better swordsman than Yoda.)

Lord Stark
I believe Yoda is a better duelist, although to be fair Palpatine's favored style is Jar'Kai which he wasn't able to utilize against Yoda.

quanchi112
Yoda wins.

BlueTiger1144
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Probably because that pod let up to an open environment filled with objects Sidious could use to his advantage, not because he wanted to be in a tight space with Yoda.

Sidious took a risk.

It's not like he could accomplish anything with them though, the lightning was the decisive factor in the fight. I don't think someone as smart as Sidious would logically think that the objects could actually be used in any meaningful way against Yoda. Even if Yoda wasn't strong enough to blast them about himself( which is just wrong) he could just as easily dodge and expend lesser energy.

ChocolateMuesli
Originally posted by Lord Stark
I believe Yoda is a better duelist, although to be fair Palpatine's favored style is Jar'Kai which he wasn't able to utilize against Yoda.
source that his fav style is jarkai

Rockydonovang
Why or why not Palp decided to go to the pod isn't relevant.

Palps is repeatedly stated to be >= Yoda as a swordsmen, and it's explicitly stated that level nine fighters are close enough that enviromental surroundings can tip fights in an opponent's direction.

Either

A. Enviromental surroundings managed to tip the fight in Yoda's favor(supported by the quote Nova pulled regarding their fight)

B. Yoda, still being a virtual equal for the emperor, managed an upset.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ChocolateMuesli
source that his fav style is jarkai

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/clone-wars/the-lawless-trivia-gallery

Panel 3.

Rockydonovang
Yea, that would imply it.

HentaiLover
Too close to call

Prof. T.C McAbe
Yoda is a level 20 LS fighter, Palp is level 18 imo.

JKBart
pls publish your levels list

NuteNoot
Sidious. Maul is an excellent swordsman and he soloed him and Savage.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by JKBart
pls publish your levels list

I go with D&D Level, btw. the Handbooks from the SW RPG were interesting in that regard.

Darth Thor
^ Cool Sig/Avatar, Chris Reeves and Michael Keaton, the True Batman and Superman.

Zett
Yoda

Big Gerald
Originally posted by NuteNoot

So?

godemperortrump
Originally posted by NuteNoot
He never defeated Maul with Sabers... they exchanged blows with no clear winner, until Palpatine breaks the bladelock and uses his force abilities. Maul is a better duelist smile

McP
He did, after that saberlock.

godemperortrump
Originally posted by McP
He did, after that saberlock.
When Sidious throws around him with the force?

McP
No, a 1 sec before, when Maul falls on his knees and his sabers are either dropped or deactivated.

Sinious
Sidious wins

McP
According to ROTS script, Yoda bested Sidious in lightsaber duel.
According to Gillard, Yoda was the only guy, that was able to reach level 9 without the dark side.

But as Lord Stark noted, Sidious wasn't using his favourite form with two sabers.

Total Warrior
Yoda barely

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by McP
According to ROTS script, Yoda bested Sidious in lightsaber duel.
According to Gillard, Yoda was the only guy, that was able to reach level 9 without the dark side.

Acording to Gillard, Sidious >= Yoda

According to Gillard, they're close enough that environmental circumstances can turn the tide of a battle

According to the script, Sidious ended upbeing disarmed as he almost fell over the senate pod(unfavorable environment).

I think you know what i'm getting at.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.