Congress votes to disallow consumers from suing Equifax and other companies with

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rage.Of.Olympus
https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/24/congress-votes-to-disallow-consumers-from-suing-equifax-and-other-companies-with-arbitration-agreements/

This enrages me on a fundamental level and I'm not American. Call your reps, tell your friends etc.

Rockydonovang
And off course CNN is going to be covering something something Russia or something something intra-party beef instead while Fox just whistles and turns their head the other way.

Remember when policy was the focus of news, not redundant speculation?

carthage
They have to protect Trumps donors and Golf buddies somehow

ArtificialGlory
This is so, so f**ked.

dadudemon
They should poll the American People.

And if the American people agree that Equifax should be sued, then we just need to determine by what margin Americans believe this. If it is greater than the margin that the polls had Trump losing (meaning, those same polls predicted Trump would lose but he won...so that margin was usually off by 2-5%), then we know the numbers are correct.

My guess is, greater than 95% of the American people want Equifax to be suable. Which means the politicians are in the "Equifax" lobbyists pockets. We need to get rid of our politicians. They are not representing us. Elect other people.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
And off course CNN is going to be covering something something Russia or something something intra-party beef instead while Fox just whistles and turns their head the other way.

Remember when policy was the focus of news, not redundant speculation?

not true, though. cnn just likes to drag their asses, is all. journalism was way less lazy when there were print deadlines to meet.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/24/politics/senate-cfpb-arbitration-repeal/index.html

socool8520
This is pretty messed up considering some articles I have read on Arbitration have the company winning 94% of the time. The only plus for arbitration it seems is that it is faster.

Robtard
"Vice President Mike Pence cast the tie-breaking vote Tuesday night to repeal a rule that made it easier for Americans to sue their banks and credit card companies.
Senators passed the measure by a vote of 51-50, handing Wall Street its first major win since President Donald Trump took office in January.

Two Republican senators, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and John Kennedy of Louisiana, sided with Democrats in opposition to the resolution." -snip

Guess this is what's going to "Make America Great Again". Oh Trumpers...

Kudos to Graham and Kennedy for at least trying to stand up for the people though.

Flyattractor
I would think I would rather see the people that did the hacking be caught and made to pay for their crimes but oh well...

socool8520
^ Can't they catch the hackers and hold the companies accountable?

Flyattractor
Isn't that kind of like You being held accountable if your house gets burglarized?

socool8520
No. I'm not holding your items in my home and guaranteeing safety of said items. If that were the case, then yes, I would be accountable.

Flyattractor
So did these Banks and Other Companies take absolutely not steps to protect their customers and information?

Robtard
Originally posted by socool8520
No. I'm not holding your items in my home and guaranteeing safety of said items. If that were the case, then yes, I would be accountable.

Should really have added: "Then left the door open with a sign on the lawn reading valuables inside" ie negligence

socool8520
Originally posted by Robtard
Should really have added: "Then left the door open with a sign on the lawn reading valuables inside" ie negligence

I knew I forgot something.

Flyattractor

Tsk Tsk. Such a biased view point to take.

Kurk
I'm more pissed that Paul Walker's daughter can sue Porsche over something as ridiculous as that accident.

Robtard
I knew I forgot something.

It's what I'm here for, buddy

socool8520
Originally posted by Kurk
I'm more pissed that Paul Walker's daughter can sue Porsche over something as ridiculous as that accident.

I never read the full story on his death. Wasn't the driver going way too fast?

Bashar Teg

sometimes all you need is a jpeg

https://elitefeet.com/wp-content/uploads/iron-gate-no-fence.jpg

Flyattractor

Well the guy was driving a Porsche so...
s

Robtard

The lawsuit was grounded on the car being unsafe, particularly the seat belt which trapped him and he burned alive because of it.

Now I have no idea if that is true in regards to the Porsche Carrera GT, but unsafe specs is grounds for a wrongful death case. Porsche did settle in lieu of going to court.

tl;dr Kurk is being a retard again

socool8520
Always skirting around those safety standards. You'd think that would be the one thing they would be most concerned with squaring away as it is the easiest thing to sue you for.

Flyattractor
Always skirting around those safety standards. You'd think that would be the one thing they would be most concerned with squaring away as it is the easiest thing to sue you for.

...that is just sad and boring.

socool8520
^ Not if you like keeping money.

Flyattractor
If only people would stop trying to take it away from us.

socool8520
What a world it would be

Flyattractor
Never gonna be that way with Politicians in the world.

Kurk
The lawsuit was grounded on the car being unsafe, particularly the seat belt which trapped him and he burned alive because of it.

Now I have no idea if that is true in regards to the Porsche Carrera GT, but unsafe specs is grounds for a wrongful death case. Porsche did settle in lieu of going to court.

tl;dr Kurk is being a retard again It's retarded b/c the daughter is only going after money. The coroner confirmed that the driver was going 100+ mph in a 35 zone on 10 year-old dry-rotted tires all while driving a hyper car well-known to be more challenging to handle than your average toyota highlander with lane-keep assist.

It's the equivalent of blaming the gun for mass-shootings. BS like this is why I'm slowly losing the will to live. Cars are becoming ever more regulated and this only adds to the storm.

Robtard
Originally posted by Kurk
It's retarded b/c the daughter is only going after money. The coroner confirmed that the driver was going 100+ mph in a 35 zone on 10 year-old dry-rotted tires all while driving a hyper car well-known to be more challenging to handle than your average toyota highlander with lane-keep assist.

It's the equivalent of blaming the gun for mass-shootings. BS like this is why I'm slowly losing the will to live. Cars are becoming ever more regulated and this only adds to the storm.

Okay, Kurk.

In unrelated news, was looking at a 2012 Crown Vic with under 30K miles. Good price too.

Kurk
Okay, Kurk.

In unrelated news, was looking at a 2012 Crown Vic with under 30K miles. Good price too. Never thought a californian would be interested in what's deemed by a good majority of people to be "a gas-guzzling, over-sized" car. But hey, at least we share a love for the panther platform. Hopefully they won't be banned by the time I'm old enough to buy one smile .

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by dadudemon

And if the American people agree that Equifax should be sued, then we just need to determine by what margin Americans believe this. If it is greater than the margin that the polls had Trump losing (meaning, those same polls predicted Trump would lose but he won...so that margin was usually off by 2-5%), then we know the numbers are correct.

The polls were only off nationally by 2%.

dadudemon

dadudemon
I cannot edit my post. Damn. Oh well, some where off for the average of 7.5% by state while specific pollsters were off by over 18 points (two different types of numbers but very much similar).

Rockydonovang
Why are you exclusively using the polls of battleground states? That's totally irrelevant when discussing what the national consensus is.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Why are you exclusively using the polls of battleground states? That's totally irrelevant when discussing what the national consensus is.

Why am I using the polls of states which prove the point I was making about how wrong the polls were?

And why did you overlook the portions I put in there about how far off the polls were for a national consensus (+18 points, at times) and then claim that my point was totally irrelevant when discussing the national consensus?

Gee, I don't know! Derpy dooo!

Now you know what I think you're just a troll. And why I should just ignore you again.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by dadudemon
Why am I using the polls of states which prove the point I was making about how wrong the polls were?

Yeah, why? We're discussing national consensus and you're using the polls of individual states.

You should be looking at national polls, not state by state ones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.